The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #241
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I saw that but I found the meat in the rest of it where she seems to shrug off anything to do with copper

I take it you're talking about the "I get you *nods*I get you"(paraphrasing.)

Seems sort of a bantery intr to the rest of the post.

x'ed nerwen
G55 herself has explained her attitude to Legate as deliberate cobbler-impersonation (#196, #202). Which is a nice little tricky defence if in fact she actually *is* the cobbler.

However, supposing she is, it still looks like she genuinely thinks Legate's a wolf... so why lynch him?

EDIT: x'd since Morsul at #234.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #242
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Inzil at #161 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
On the minus side, I tend to be suspicious of people who make a point of saying "Let's get those wolves!", as if to spotlight their innocence.
Several people have evidenced that sentiment, Inzil. Why is Cop the only one you've mentioned thus far?

Nerwen at #164 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by my own dear one
My own problem with #177 is that it takes such a very long time to make a few, very obvious points that could have been made in a few lines.
I think wordiness may just be a facet of Cop's character. See - Legate in every post ever.

Lommy at #173 - overly notices the minor altercation between the moon in splendour and Cop, but doesn't mention anything about it. Huh.

She also considers G55 to be "fishy". Lommy is another person that's apparently thinking about a Inzil/McCaber pack.

Inzil at #174 - this is the post I agreed with re: G55 and the nightkill.

G55 at #189 - Legate and Lommy aren't "in cahoots". Why?

Cop at #192 - I'm fairly certain the beauteous northern star has already mentioned this, but it stands out to me as well - there's not really a lot G55 can stay to this question.

McCaber at #194 - rescinds his accusation of G55. It's interesting to note that this is just after what I would consider the start of G55's "flailing stage". Rather opportune, that.

G55 at #195 - very interesting post. I feel as though either G55 is a very clever Ordo, or a Cobbler being a Cobbler. This is definitely some food for thought, and with so little time to deal with it, I'll have to come back to it.

my light at #198 - Ah, there's the post I was talking about re: Cop asking G55 to answer about her behavior.

Cutting this off at the top of Page 6, to get it out on-thread.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 12-26-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: X'ed with several. ALSO AAAAH PAGE SEVEN WHAT
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #243
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
G55 herself has explained her attitude to Legate as deliberate cobbler-impersonation (#196, #202). Which is a nice little tricky defence if in fact she actually *is* the cobbler.

However, supposing she is, it still looks like she genuinely thinks Legate's a wolf... so why lynch him?

hey in (#196,

What does This mean:

Quote:
Now, I have considered the possibility that, assuming the wolves targeted me, they have done so to lead everyone down a false trail. However, at the same time, the wolves would not want to waste a kill on a person who is likely to be protected, so I think they would have come up with a better option if they weren't desperate. Get what I'm saying?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #244
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:

Misplaced survival instinct, possibly? Has G55 ever been a Cobbler before? I don't think I remember her being one.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 12-26-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: X'ed with Morsul
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #245
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Right, at this juncture I'll either be voting one of G55 and Legate, or Eonwe whom I still find suspicious (granted, a lot of that is in connection with G55, so...)
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #246
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
G55 at #189 - Legate and Lommy aren't "in cahoots". Why?
They are too "agreeable" with each other. Now, perhaps Lommy is the cobbler and Legate is the wolf, but I don't think that they are wolves together.

EDIT: xed since Shasta's quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #247
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think G55 is the cobbler

Quote:
Now, I have considered the possibility that, assuming the wolves targeted me, they have done so to lead everyone down a false trail. However, at the same time, the wolves would not want to waste a kill on a person who is likely to be protected, so I think they would have come up with a better option if they weren't desperate. Get what I'm saying?
I've been going over this a few times what does "likelty to be prtected" mean? and any innocent would be better than a wolf(for the wolves) sooo unless G55 is the cobbler her death is as good as any other to the wolves.

x'ed a bunch
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #248
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
hey in (#196,

What does This mean:
I've elaborated here: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Misplaced survival instinct, possibly? Has G55 ever been a Cobbler before? I don't think I remember her being one.
No, I haven't.

Quote:
I've been going over this a few times what does "likelty to be prtected" mean? and any innocent would be better than a wolf(for the wolves) sooo unless G55 is the cobbler her death is as good as any other to the wolves.

x'ed a bunch
"Likely to be protected" - a person who the Ranger would likely target because of the Day's events

And I don't see how innocent or wolf is relevant unless wolves decide to commit suicide during the Night...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #249
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Interesting. We're finally getting a burst of activity from several people who had been really quiet. Day 3 is going to be pretty interesting, I think.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #250
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Interesting. We're finally getting a burst of activity from several people who had been really quiet. Day 3 is going to be pretty interesting, I think.
It is already pretty interesting.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #251
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

G55 The ranger can't stop a lynch if the wolves are trying to set you up for a lynch there's no one rotecting you... I still don't understand what you mean by that. And I'm talking abut the wolvews trying to lynch an innocent any innocent is a lpus for them they only the only reason for them to have a better candidate than you as you say would be if you're the cobbler.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #252
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's ~0:15 until DL, yes?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #253
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Yes, ma'am.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #254
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Yes.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 12-26-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: X'ed with Modlote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #255
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
G55 The ranger can't stop a lynch if the wolves are trying to set you up for a lynch there's no one rotecting you... I still don't understand what you mean by that. And I'm talking abut the wolvews trying to lynch an innocent any innocent is a lpus for them they only the only reason for them to have a better candidate than you as you say would be if you're the cobbler.
I was not talking about a lynch. I was talking about the Night-kill That Did Not Happen. During the Night, wolves discuss which villager to nom on. Any villager would do, but gifteds are extra tasty and Ranger-on-the-side adds some unpleasant aftertaste. That's all there is to it. You were just thinking of toDay when I was talking about last Night.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #256
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++G55

I have not seen enough suspicious activity from Legate himself to warrant a vote, and a vote for Eonwe would be a throwaway.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #257
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It is already pretty interesting.
True. But it's only going to get more active.

Let's see, who has yet to vote?

Nerwen, and Eonwe, I think. You've got twelve minutes, by my clock.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #258
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Whichever way it goes, lynch Legate toMorrow if not toDay. I would rather toDay, but that is not up to me.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #259
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I was not talking about a lynch. I was talking about the Night-kill That Did Not Happen. During the Night, wolves discuss which villager to nom on. Any villager would do, but gifteds are extra tasty and Ranger-on-the-side adds some unpleasant aftertaste. That's all there is to it. You were just thinking of toDay when I was talking about last Night.
Ah now I see what you mean...
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #260
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It *has* to be Legate or G55 now, doesn't it?
EDIT:X'd since Cop.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #261
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
It *has* to be Legate or G55 now, doesn't it?
Yes. Legate is one vote ahead. So yours will be decisive unless Steve shows up.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #262
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

If my count is right, there have been three votes for G55, and five for Legate. I see that Eonwe said he was abstaining, so Legate will certainly be lynched no matter how Nerwen votes.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #263
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
If my count is right, there have been three votes for G55, and five for Legate. I see that Eonwe said he was abstaining, so Legate will certainly be lynched no matter how Nerwen votes.
I must have missed one, then. My apologies.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #264
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Lommy - G55 (G55 1)
Legate - G55 (G55 2)
G55 - Legate (G55 2, Legate 1)
Inzil - Legate (G55 2, Legate 2)
McCaber - Legate (G55 2, Legate 3)
Sally - Legate (G55 2, Legate 4)
Cop - Legate (G55 2, Legate 5)
Shasta - G55 (G55 3, Legate 5)

I hadn't realized the lynch was so in favor of Legate. Hmm....
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #265
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'd better double check once more.

Votes for Legate: G55, Inzil, McCaber, Sally, me. Yep, five.

Edit: cross-posted since G55's last.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #266
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nerwn, you need to vote now or else you'll probably get mod-fired.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #267
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Morsul-->McCaber
Lommie-->Gal
Legate-->Gal (2)
Gal-->Legate
Dun-->Legate (2)
McCaber-->Legate (3)
Sally-->Legate (4)
Cop-->Legate (5)
Shasta-->Gal (3)

X'd with two others who said the same thing. Oops.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #268
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I also forgot Eonwe had abstained today. Would a wolf do that?

Something to think about...

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 12-26-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: X'ed with Cop and Sally
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #269
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I didn't see this about Steve abstaining.

Well, now it doesn't make any difference how I vote.

Still

++Legate

It seems to make the most sense out of the two.

EDIT:X'd since Cop at #262.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #270
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Well, good Night, people!

Last minute thoughts - Shasta gets extra reindeer noses for reading so quickly, and he still looks innocent. Morsul looks merely confused. Nerwen - depends on her vote. Interesting....... yessss......

Edit: xed with Shasta and Nerwen
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #271
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
DL. Please stop posting. Legate has been lynched. Narration to follow.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

As the sun finally started to drift behind the mountains, the Christmastowners cast wary glances over their shoulders. The brief confidence they had felt when they realized there had been no kill that Night had faded, and tension was running high.

The Grinch was the first Christmastowner to snap. “I think it was Tiny Tim,” he accused. “Let’s take a look at his cane – is that blood I see on the end there?”

“No,” Tiny Tim said, “it’s wet. Wood gets wet. In the snow.”

“A likely story,” sniffed the Grinch.

Paksu shook her head. “I think it was Rudolph,” she said. “That red nose gives me the willies. Always has.”

“I agree,” Santa said. “Ever since Rudolph hit his teens, his behavior has been simply appalling.”

“It’s not me,” Rudolph said, mysteriously, “but I do know who it is!”

All the Christmastowners gathered around.

“It was….” Rudolph paused and made a drumroll with his front feet. “Santa Claus!”

“Santa Claus,” Jack Frost repeated skeptically. “Really? Of all the people to go with, you pick Santa Claus?”

“He’s a murderer! I know it!” Rudolph insisted.

“I can’t see why she would be lying,” Frosty said.

“I can!” the Grinch protested. “This makes no sense.”

“It does! I promise!” Rudolph said.

“I believe him,” Tiny Tim said. “Santa never gave me what I wanted for Christmas.”

“I don’t know,” Valotukka mumbled. “I’m not taking part in this. This is wrong! How do we know they’ll even kill toNight? How do we know they even tried last Night? Maybe we’re just making a big deal out of nothing! Maybe we killed Olive for nothing!”

“No,” said Little Cindy Lou Who, “I agree with Rudolph. I think Santie Claus is a murderer!”

“But, Cindy,” protested Santa, “I always brought you presents on Christmas! You loved me!”

“I don’t believe in that,” Cindy said, “I know it was always the Grinch!”

“What can I say?” the Grinch said, shrugging and grinning.

“It must have been Santa Claus,” the Ghost of Christmas Present wailed, “his very garb screams his red-stained guilt!”

“It’s festive,” Santa protested.

“I don’t think so,” the Sugar Plum Fairy said sadly. “I can hardly believe it of you, Santa. But believe, I suppose I must.

Rudolph untied his be-belled harness and quickly tied it around Santa’s wrists. “You’ll get what you deserve, old man,” the reindeer said.

“What’ll we do with him?” Frosty asked.

“Stuff him down a chimney,” Tiny Tim suggested. “With a lit fire.”

“Poetic justice!” Little Cindy Lou Who cheered.

“And rid us once and for all of this wicked old elf,” the Ghost moaned.

The Grinch and Paksu roughly man-handled Santa over to the Cindy and Sugar Plum’s card shop. Little Cindy ran inside to light the fire. As the Christmastowners hoisted Santa onto the roof, Santa started to struggle.

“You fools!” he rasped. “All in defense of the Christmas spirit, I’d wager. Well, your Christmas cheer will be the death of you all! The time of Christmas is over! ‘Stuff Day’ will never happen again without me! The holidays are doomed! Doomed!”

With that, Frosty gave a great push, and Santa tumbled down his last chimney.

Living

Sally - Little Cindy Lou Who
Shasta - Jack Frost
G55 - Rudolph
Coppermirror - The Ghost of Christmas Present
Steve - Valkotukka
Morsul - The Grinch
Nerwen - The Sugar Plum Fairy
Zil - Frosty
McCaber - Tiny Tim
Lommy - Paksu

Dead

Lottie - Suzy the Snowflake - Moddess
Boro - Olive the Other Reindeer - Ordo
Legate - Santa Claus - Wolf
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #273
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

After Santa went up in flames, all the Christmastowners wandered back to their houses, locking their doors as securely as they could after them. All, that is, but one. The last of the conspirators went back home, but there would be no sleeping there toNight. As soon as everyone else was sleeping, the murderer crept back to the scene of the 'crime' - Santa's death. Carefully opening the door, the murderer walked in on a very familiar scene.

"You again?" asked the Sugar Plum Fairy. She glanced around nervously for her protector from the Night before.

"Your guardian isn't here to protect you toNight," the murderer chucked ominously.

"Why are you doing this?" the Fairy asked.

"As my dear partner said, Christmas is doomed."

"What does that even mean?"

"Christmas has gotten old," elaborated the villain. "It's time to end Christmas, once and for all. It's gotten too big, too commercial. And you're one of the reasons why, Sugar, with your little card business."

"They're lovely!" protested the Fairy. "Everyone loves them. They bring joy to so many people!"

"And they bring you a lot of money," sneered the murderer.

"That's just a nice bonus," tittered Sugar Plum.

The murderer shook his head. "They've destroyed Christmas. And they'll destroy you." So saying, the murderer grabbed a fistful of Christmas cards lying about on the shelves. Opening the Sugar Plum Fairy's mouth and stuffing them in, the murderer held her jaw closed and covered her nose with the other hand until she stopped moving. The body dropped limply to the floor. "And that is what you deserve for killing dear Santa," sneered the murderer.

Living

Sally - Little Cindy Lou Who
Shasta - Jack Frost
G55 - Rudolph
Coppermirror - The Ghost of Christmas Present
Steve - Valkotukka
Morsul - The Grinch
Zil - Frosty
McCaber - Tiny Tim
Lommy - Paksu

Dead

Lottie - Suzy the Snowflake - Moddess
Boro - Olive the Other Reindeer - Ordo
Legate - Santa Claus - Wolf
Nerwen - The Sugar Plum Fairy - Ordo

Last edited by Loslote; 12-28-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Edited in the narration
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #274
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Nerwin was killed during the Night. Nerwin was an ordo. The Day has started. Narration to follow.
Ghostly voice: It's NerwEn!

*goes back to being dead*
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #275
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

instead of posting a post by post These are some folks I've read every post from and found not really much in the incrimination category

Zil- Nothing suspicious seems very helpful but not overeagerly so...

Copper- though one wolf appearing helpful and posting a lot(Legate) is likely I doubt both would be so loud. Copper seems innocent to me for now

Now Shasta... I didn't have anything on him(Ha remembered this time!) until I got to yesterday's voting and his impressions:

197:
Quote:
I do have to say my initial impression of the G55-wagon is that of... convenience, almost,
and

Quote:
Lots of Legate voting going on. It's really almost unanimous, actually, which raises my hackles a bit.
Now maybe he doesn't like either bandwagon in general, Or maybe he wanted to look innocent and defended G55 then backstepped when his partner Legate came under fire...
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #276
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well blast. Nerwen was the only one of you lot I trusted completely, which might be why the wolves killed her. I'll have to go back and search her paper trail to be sure, though.

On the plus side, Legate was actually a wolf!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #277
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

I think that at this stage of the game, the wolf isn't in a position where they can afford to kill people off just in order to cause disorder or remove people whom others might not suspect much. I can only assume that they killed Nerwen because they thought she was the Seer. It makes no sense for them to be trying to target anyone else when the wolf is in such a weak position.

I'll be back later.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #278
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Ghostly voice: It's NerwEn!

*goes back to being dead*
For a second I could have sworn that I wasn't the only ghost currently in Christmas Town!

Ahem, it must have been my imagination.

My current plan is to examine possible wolf pack configurations. During this I will from time to time be considering each person's reaction to people I know to be innocent (Boro, Nerwen, and myself) and to people I consider very likely to be innocent (G55) with a view to seeing whether they and Legate might be working together to lay suspicions.

...And in the end I only managed to go over two people, and it's not as if I looked in depth at every post of the first possibility. This is so time consuming.

G55 and Legate

I still need to consider this one . This could work if...it was all a plan to have G55 gain our trust and slowly pick us off. A very elaborate plan. Since Legate did turn out to be a wolf, I don't think it's possible for G55 to be the Cobbler, because something like this would need to be planned via private communication and also because it would be plain ridiculous for a Cobbler to do this.

No. No way. If this is true then the wolves deserve to win. I just don't believe it. If anyone has an analysis they think shows otherwise, I'll definitely listen, but right now the provisional conclusion is that G55 is innocent. Would a wolves really choose to halve their pack on Day 2? No.

Eonwe and Legate

Page 1, Day 1 - No interaction or mentions of each other. Legate posts but Eonwe isn't there yet.

Page 2, Day 1 - Eonwe arrives, says his time has been limited. Legate cross posts and in list of current notes on everyone says "Steve - strangely absent."

Eonwe gives a list of current suspicions.
Thinks G55 looks good so far.
Mixed views about me.
Not sure what to make of Nerwen due to lack of posting.
Thinks Boro doesn't feel like the innocent Boro he's used to.
Thinks Legate asked useful questions but those don't speak for his innocence or guilt, and considers Cobblerhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
People I'd rather not for just yet:
Legate
Morsul
G55

People I need to see more of before I begin to make any sort of judgement:
Shasta
Sally
Nerwen
Page 3, Day 1 - Eonwe says he doesn't suspect me of Cobblerhood, but that doesn't mean he thinks I'm innocent. Says of Legate that "I'm not really finding him that innocent now that I look over him" and is not inclined to vote for him that Day because he's generating discussion.

Eonwe considers the possibility of a Boro-Legate pack but isn't sure they'd be that obvious when there are only two of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Other than those, I could potentially see myself going for Lommy, McC or Sally. Coppermirror or Nerwen could be possibilities, but only if the other option is someone I haven't mentioned so far.

edit: I completely forgot about Shasta, which is a bit worrying, but then, his most recent post seems quite good, so I probably won't be voting him toDay.
He then votes Boro, that being the second vote out of four for him. Shasta comments that it looks as if that vote was carefully set up over the course of the Day, and Eonwe replies that it was more that he'd prefer voting for Boro than Sally or Zil, both of whom were on two votes at the time he voted.

Page 3, Day 2 - Eonwe talks to McCaber about a few things.

Page 4, Day 2 - Eonwe banters with some people. He then goes through a summary of people's suspicions in the game so far. It's useful, so I'll link it: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=144

I find his wording summarising Legate's post #65 interesting. "VERY light suspicion of CM".

Eonwe then abstains on voting for the Day and leaves.

Legate then shows up with some views. Of Eonwe he says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
From new things toDay I am feeling somewhat uncertain about Steve (his replies to McCab), though that's more just the air of it, nothing specific.
In post #157 I consider and provisionally discard the possibility of a Legate-Eonwe pack.

Page 5, Day 2 - Legate goes through his suspicions. He says "I was hoping for more from Steve, and I still hope he will show up." and says similar things about a few others. Then Legate goes through another suspicions list.

Quote:
Steve - I would just hope to see him around more. On re-read, I don't seem to recall what seemed so strange to me about his posting earlier. Actually, his posts have been toDay largely only short things, some lists etc. with not much content altogether. Some people said his vote yesterDay could have been a Wolf jumping on a bandwagon, though again, he could have jumped on either of the existing ones by the time he voted, unless he didn't care and/or there was a Wolf being voted for (though since there are only two Wolves, they would not have been both if Steve was one as well). All in all, needs more input, that's about it. But watching.
And that's the last mention of Eonwe before Legate left.

I doubt that those two were in a pack together, but I can't rule it out. The backtracking from Legate in the last post mentioning Eonwe confuses me a bit. It might be that Legate was initially trying to lay bait for later suspicions of Eonwe (with his talk about an air of uncertainty about him) but then thought better of it for the time being.

It seems a bit odd that Eonwe decided to not vote for Legate partially on the basis of the latter's reasonable activity level, and Eonwe did vote for Boro-innocent. On the other hand, Eonwe has been reasonably suspicious of Legate throughout, and he wasn't the only one, so it's not as if he was being suspicious towards a totally unlikely person.

I do still think that given the Day 1 voting, it would be strange for there to be an Eonwe-Legate pack.

And just now, I wonder if I've found a reason for why Legate took back his vague suspicion of Eonwe later in the Day. The post after Legate gave those suspicions was the one where I decided that an Eonwe-Legate pack would be unlikely. Thinlomien later said that was fair reasoning. Possibly, Legate wanted to back away from laying the groundwork for an Eonwe lynch right then. Might be true, might not. I'm a bit too sleepy to be able to look at this clearly right now so I'm not sure.

But before I go, while looking at one of Legate's last bunch of posts, this stood out to me a bit:

Quote:
Lommy - her thought processes seem similar to mine Now I wonder if I should be worried, but I can't imagine her mentioning that being e.g. a trick aimed only at me to lull me into trusting her or something similarly unlikely. So only in case you found my dead body toMorrow, then perhaps she should be looked at. On a bit more serious note, I really don't see anything suspicious about her so far, she seems to try to make an effort and not really sounding in any way false or anything.
That bit at the start there looks as if it could be a wolf trying to contact someone he thinks is the Cobbler.

And now I'm barely awake and have got to get some sleep. Since I didn't get very far in that analysis, does anyone else want to pick somebody or two and do some analysis of the possibility of them being in a pack with Legate? I'll try to do more when I wake up in the morning, anyway, it's just that at this rate I won't be able to get it done for everyone by the end of the Day.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #279
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, it's nice to see a gamble pay off with a wolf-lynch. It's a little disquieting though that G55 is still with us. Would she not have been a tempting target as a potential Seer? Still, maybe the Ranger was a deterrent.

Quote:
I think that at this stage of the game, the wolf isn't in a position where they can afford to kill people off just in order to cause disorder or remove people whom others might not suspect much. I can only assume that they killed Nerwen because they thought she was the Seer. It makes no sense for them to be trying to target anyone else when the wolf is in such a weak position.
I would agree that there should have been a good reason. I don't at the moment recall her strongly suspecting anyone, or doing anything particularly Seerish. She didn't vote Day 1, and her late vote for Legate yesterDay was a non-factor in his lynch.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well...?!?

I have to say I'm humbled. When I was reading through yesterDay (without checking first what happened) I was so sure the village is going to fail big time. I didn't trust Galadriel one bit and I wasn't really convinced about Legate's guilt. I'm glad you guys were right though. Anyway, I remain unconvinced by Galadriel. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was the cobbler (who failed big time yesterDay), but as it's pretty obvious she's not a wolf I think we can leave her be.

I'm not surprised about Nerwen's death either. YesterDay when I was trying to think who might have been attacked on Night2, I was pretty sure it was Nerwen, just because she was paying attention to Coppermirror's seer-flushing comments and might have looked seerish with a knee-jerk logic.

What now then? I'd like to have a look at what Legate said about everyone and what they said about him, but I'm not sure I have time (I have a bunch of 'downers here! <3) Just off the top of my head I'm the most suspicious of Eönwë and Inzil right now, and McCaber seems possibly the most innocent. I'll have another look at yesterDay's posting and reply some quotes from yesterDay and toDay once I have a bit more time.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote