The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #161
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
For my part, I'm mostly staying silent so the wolves in particular have no idea what I plan to do. But that's not helpful to voting and finding a wolf today.
If you are a wolf this is a very clever way to not need to state your opinions clearly. Right now, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, because it does make sense that you don't want the wolves to know who you find suspicious and so will be choosing, but if you're a wolf you're basically giving yourself free rein to do whatever you want.

edit: x-ed with no-one. Where are ye?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #162
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I just got done looking at Bom. Inzil definitely showed some suspicion toward's Bom. In the end Inzil voted for Cabbie. At one time it did look like Inzil might go after Bom. I didn't really see anything that Bom posted that caused suspicion. What is suspicious is that Inzil had suspicions about Bom and then the wolves kill Inzil

I think Cabbie might have voted for Inzil as a vengeance vote.

Just looking at who the wolves killed, Bom looks the most suspicious.

Here's a post to look at by Inzil. Here's a list on Bom by Inzil.

Later Inzil posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Thought you were leaning toward Shasta, weren't you Bom? That's changed because it's now Boro who's after you?
Then he posted:
Quote:
It isn't lost on me that Bom's vote was the second on Boro, either.
Inzil then gives a list of the votes, and then he ends with this post:
Quote:
I don't know that I want to choose between Bom and Boro on the basis of toDay. Let's go another direction.

++McCaber

He makes a very effective evil submarine, and I don't recall seeing anything from him but a couple of easy jabs at Bom.

x/d with all since #73. Well, at least the Seer's got some good leads now....
Old 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #163
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The possibilities that I can see for last Night's kill:

1) Particularly aimed at Inzil:
a) Inzil seemed a likely Seer.
b) Inzil was drawing too much attention to a wolf.

2) Inzil because he seemed a good option:
a) Boro seemed to find Bom suspicious. Bom is a wolf and didn't want to be hunted.
b) Wolves were reluctant to kill a hunter as he might have chosen one of them. But looking at Boro's posts, most of his attacks seem to be on Bom, so this is basically just 2a.
c) No-one was suspecting Inzil, so the wolves wanted to take him out early on themselves.

3) Inzil as a diversion/plan:
a) Inzil suspected McCaber and Bom. The wolves want to set those two up.
b) Wolves want to set up Bom in particular by making it seem as though 2a us the case (Possibly strengthened by 3a).
c) Boro is a wolf. He wants to set up Bom, which is why he mentioned 2a (to bring it up) and 3b (to distance himself from it). It could also involve 3a to strengthen the case against Bom.
d) Wolves want to set up Boro by making 3c seem a possibility.

So, looking at this, the two people whose deaths would tell us the most would be Boro and Bom, though I'm not sure whether I'm willing to vote for either of them. I'm willing to accept Boro as a hunter for now, and I've never played against Bom before, so while he looks suspicious, I don't know what to expect from him.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #164
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

On the other hand, looking at my previous post, 1a and 1b both point to McCaber more than Bom.

But Bom seems more suspicious than McCaber to me at the moment.

Also, this post makes me suspect G55 for some reason. I'm not sure why.

Time to reread.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #165
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Wait, does that mean that you have to change pick each Night?

edit: Yes, I'm back a bit early.
I will more than likely change my pick each night.

Quote:
If you are a wolf this is a very clever way to not need to state your opinions clearly. Right now, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, because it does make sense that you don't want the wolves to know who you find suspicious and so will be choosing, but if you're a wolf you're basically giving yourself free rein to do whatever you want.
If you believe it now, believe it now. If you don't then don't. I don't see how your opinion will change in a few days if say I'm not killed yet. Either way, kill me at night, or leave me to live if the village decides to lynch me, there is going to be the chance I take a wolf with me.

It would make my job easier if a wolf wants to try to counter reveal please?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #166
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
So, is the Cabbie-sub ever going to surface? I'm leaning toward him, but I'd like to hear from him before voting.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #167
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I don't see how your opinion will change in a few days if say I'm not killed yet.
Well, the longer you stay alive, the more chance you have of taking a wolf with you, and so the more suspicious you'll look (as it would be assumed that the wolves would kill you before such a thing could occur if you really were the hunter).
Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #168
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I'm going to put in my vote for ++Bom. After doing the research, earlier he's the one that seems most suspicious at this time.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #169
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Is there another hour until deadline?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #170
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Is there another hour until deadline?
Yes. Here and reading.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #171
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

Time's starting to run out, folks.

Count stands at:

Nerwen --> Eruhen (1)
Sally --> G55 (1)
Eomer --> Cabbie (1)
Tum --> Bom (1)

A four-way tie with eight people still to vote, and an hour till DL? Come on, people.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #172
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Eruhen and G55 look like bad votes to me. Bom or Cab are the options.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #173
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen
OK, so I was wrong on the Cobbler. Thought there was. That's what I get for not re-reading the Admin thread before the game starts.

Anyway, Bom's still off my list.
Since Bom obviously can't be a cobbler, why is he still "off your list"? The only thing he's posted all day is "I'm innocent, promise".

Eonwe, why did you vote Sally yesterday? That's another vote that made no sense to me.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-30-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: X'ed with Eomer.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #174
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm back and reading what has been said in my absense. At this moment, the most suspicious person around is Bom. Jokes or not, but his posts don't sound good to me at all (they sound a bit unnatural, for some reason). McC doesn't look very good either based on Zil, as has been said before (by me as well), but he hasn't appeared toDay to shed any light on the situation from his perspective.

Edit: xed with Shasta and Eomer
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #175
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
ETA: Eruhen is another one that I don't like (as is, I think, evident from some of my posts from before), but to a lesser degree.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #176
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bom is off my red list because, barring further posts with content from him, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's still orange, though.

I personally suspect both Bom and Cabbie, but Cabbie seems much more suspicious. Bom just seems like Bom, but Cabbie has said nary a thing all game and nothing all Day. If I don't hear a good defense of his vote for Zil yesterDay, he's getting my vote toDay.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #177
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Well, the longer you stay alive, the more chance you have of taking a wolf with you, and so the more suspicious you'll look (as it would be assumed that the wolves would kill you before such a thing could occur if you really were the hunter).
Well if they want to wait and see if the village suspects me enough to lynch me, all the better. Either way, they'd risk losing one of theirs if I'm killed.

Ball is in their court, and I'm adopting a "wait and see" what they want to do attitude. If it appears they're cool with keeping around a known innocent, then I'm going to have to become a bigger pain in the butt. Thorn in the side? Arrow in their heart?

With that my vote is leaning towards McCaber or Bom today, with a close watch placed on Eomer and G55.

Has McCaber been on today? The Inzil vote yesterday does look interesting and out of the blue, so I can see the wolves hoping they spotted the seer early. Whoever the seer is, accept an apology, I was hoping to act as one and thus get the wolves to kill me, but well circumstances yesterday stopped me from doing that. And I was really hoping for more out of Bom than "I'm innocent I don't know how to make you all believe it."
Old 07-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #178
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Well if they want to wait and see if the village suspects me enough to lynch me, all the better. Either way, they'd risk losing one of theirs if I'm killed.

Ball is in their court, and I'm adopting a "wait and see" what they want to do attitude. If it appears they're cool with keeping around a known innocent, then I'm going to have to become a bigger pain in the butt. Thorn in the side? Arrow in their heart?

With that my vote is leaning towards McCaber or Bom today, with a close watch placed on Eomer and G55.

Has McCaber been on today? The Inzil vote yesterday does look interesting and out of the blue, so I can see the wolves hoping they spotted the seer early. Whoever the seer is, accept an apology, I was hoping to act as one and thus get the wolves to kill me, but well circumstances yesterday stopped me from doing that. And I was really hoping for more out of Bom than "I'm innocent I don't know how to make you all believe it."
Don't worry, Boro. I think the Ranger is going to get a good hint today.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #179
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen
I personally suspect both Bom and Cabbie, but Cabbie seems much more suspicious. Bom just seems like Bom, but Cabbie has said nary a thing all game and nothing all Day. If I don't hear a good defense of his vote for Zil yesterDay, he's getting my vote toDay.
Which is just like McCaber - he's always a submarine. You can't use that reasoning for Bom and not use it for McCaber as well (I know you haven't played with McCaber before, but still.)

I really don't understand how McCaber can be "much more suspicious" than Bom when all he's done thus far is vote for Inzil.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-30-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: X'ed with Boro and Eomer
Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #180
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Eonwe, why did you vote Sally yesterday? That's another vote that made no sense to me.
This
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #181
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
...I was hoping for a bit more than "Oh, I didn't think she was posting enough", seriously.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #182
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Which is just like McCaber - he's always a submarine. You can't use that reasoning for Bom and not use it for McCaber as well (I know you haven't played with McCaber before, but still.)

I really don't understand how McCaber can be "much more suspicious" than Bom when all he's done thus far is vote for Inzil.
Because Zil got offed. I'd like to know his reasoning for his vote, considering the circumstances, as I've said before.

Last edited by Eruhen; 07-30-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: x-ed with Shasta
Old 07-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #183
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
...I was hoping for a bit more than "Oh, I didn't think she was posting enough", seriously.
It was Day 1. Do you really expect me to have built a solid case for why someone was evil based on the very limited and almost nonexistent discussions of Day 1? You only voted Glirdan to save Boro, and actually had nothing whatsoever against him as far as I can see. Even Boro didn't vote Glirdan, as in that one minute the voting could have gone in any direction. And what I said is that she was posting only IC- the fact that she posted very little was less important than that.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #184
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I would gamble on Bom being innocent, actually. Therefore, I suggest to vote McCaber.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #185
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I would gamble on Bom being innocent, actually. Therefore, I suggest to vote McCaber.
Can you please elaborate?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #186
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eomer, if you're evil, I'll have to re-evaluate all my judgements in this game.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #187
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
It was Day 1. Do you really expect me to have built a solid case for why someone was evil based on the very limited and almost nonexistent discussions of Day 1? You only voted Glirdan to save Boro, and actually had nothing whatsoever against him as far as I can see.
That is not in the slightest what I was asking for, and you know it, or should. I'm getting increasingly tired of the attitude that "oh day 1 is worthless, let's throw our votes around like candy because it won't matter!" which is basically all I saw yesterday. And we can see how that almost turned out. Sally always posts in IC on the first day, and I believe she said she wouldn't be around much. At least I tried to vote where it would accomplish something. Come on - I don't recall anyone being suspicious of Sally at all yesterday. You can't possibly have expected her to be lynched.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-30-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: X'ed with Eomer, G55, and Eonwe
Old 07-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #188
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Eonwe, G55, Eruhen all probably innocent. I think Bom is innocent too.

Yeah, it almost feels lame doing it like this, but...

Old 07-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #189
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
That's what I was leaning towards based on the wolves would assume I would hunt him last night and if they thought Zil was the seer, their train of thought...nab the seer, Bom is set up to lynch the next day.

I'd still like Bom to say something besides trying to be the martyr.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #190
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ah! Eonwe and G55 both questioning me. Look back, you two, and see what you have in common.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #191
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I have serious doubts that they're all innocent.

++G55

Most suspicious to me currently.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #192
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Ah! Eonwe and G55 both questioning me. Look back, you two, and see what you have in common.
I just want a clarification. I wasn't questioning you as a suspect.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #193
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I wasn't questioning you. The problem was that I've found myself agreeing with you more than the reasonable amount this game.

Quote:
I'd still like Bom to say something besides trying to be the martyr.
Definitely.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #194
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Obviously, it's not certain, but G55 looks rather innocent now.

I would really like to know McCaber's role.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #195
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Most suspicious to me currently.
I have a knack of being suspicious. However, I think there are better vote candidates around.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #196
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I have a knack of being suspicious. However, I think there are better vote candidates around.
Pfft! You are suspicious when you are acting wolfish and being caught in the act by the seer.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #197
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

That's certainly interesting, Eomer, especially considering how last game turned out.

By the way, I'm so glad you dropped the Scots.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #198
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ten minutes until DL, guys.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #199
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

What worries me is that maybe none out of the Boro-McCaber-Bom trio are wolves, and that the actual wolves are hiding more sneakily.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #200
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
You were giving me evil vibes earlier on, but I'm not sure now.