The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #121
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
G55 and Eonwe

Sorry about that– it's because you both gave your reasons separately from your vote posts.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #122
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
If you want to hear why I didn't vote a +2 for someone else - it was really messy. I didn't want to take sides on anything. As Cabbie said yesterDay, everything started happening during the last 10 minutes or so. If you really want to, call my vote a throwaway. A first vote for someone who doesn't have any votes yet by DL time couldn't be called otherwise, so I won't argue.
(bolding mine)

Okay, I can understand, maybe, the last-minute-vote-throwaway, in all the confusion. But that bolded part just blares "wolf" to me. You didn't want to take sides?

Why not?

Either you didn't think Boro was lying, or you did. If you thought Boro was lying, why not vote him? If you didn't, why not vote to save him? A vote on Eruhen at that point accomplished exactly nothing - your only reason for voting was that she was "under your radar".
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #123
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Why not?
Good question.

Before taking sides, one needs to consider what sides there are and which one is best to take. If I would have voted for someone that was already named just for the sake of taking a side, it would have been as blind a vote as Glirdan's, even though it was half a day later.

You seem to have latched onto my vote, and are trying to find something wrong with it. Lets say I voted for either Glirdy or Boro - would you then say that I saved a packmate from being lynched by voting someone who already had votes?

Anyways, you're onto the wrong person: no wolf here. Although you're as likely to believe that as Legolas is to shoot and miss.

Quote:
Either you didn't think Boro was lying, or you did.
Neither. I wasn't sure about him. I'm still not entirely sure about him, but as I said, now I am more inclined to believe him. (I know this isn't really related to the argument, but I'd laugh my head off if he turns out to be a clever fake revealing wolf )

Quote:
A vote on Eruhen at that point accomplished exactly nothing - your only reason for voting was that she was "under your radar".
Steve's vote accomplished just as much, but you don't press him about it.

?

PS: let me guess, now you're going to accuse me of being defensive?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #124
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
(OOC: Sorry I'm so late. Won't be posting anything profound this evening. I'm about half dead with weariness.)

I find it really disturbing that Inzil is actually dead...and it's not just a fake body with fake blood.

Anyway, about the current debate...eeh...it was crazy for a first day voting. Boromir's right in that it is inexcusable that Glirdan was lynched with only two votes. I haven't got much to say, I was so busy writing an analysis of Boromir that I missed his reveal until I was reading up the posts I'd crossed posted with, and then I got so caught up in seeing who was being voted for, and reading that Boromir was the Hunter, that I completely missed deadline. I glanced down at the clock right at 7:00 and then was going to see about who to vote for when Lottie called deadline.

I really think that most votes were cast out because no one really felt they had anything to vote on. Quite honestly, I expected either Bom or Boromir to go yesterday, what with them being at each other's throats all day. Instead, who goes, but Glirdan, who hardly posted at all, and didn't offend a single person. In the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess.

For the record, Galadriel the fifty-fifth, I believe what you say about not know who to vote for. At least, right now when I'm half asleep and extremely tired, I do. Maybe I'll think differently in the morning.

I'm going to bed. G'night.

-- Foley
Old 07-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #125
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Steve's vote accomplished just as much, but you don't press him about it.
I already said I'm looking at you both for the same reason. The fact that you said you "didn't want to take sides" is what drew me to you first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Before taking sides, one needs to consider what sides there are and which one is best to take. If I would have voted for someone that was already named just for the sake of taking a side, it would have been as blind a vote as Glirdan's, even though it was half a day later.
So, instead, you threw away a vote on someone who very likely wouldn't be lynched, instead of voting to save the claimed Gifted role? Eh. Seems odd to me, still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
You seem to have latched onto my vote, and are trying to find something wrong with it. Lets say I voted for either Glirdy or Boro - would you then say that I saved a packmate from being lynched by voting someone who already had votes?
Given that I believe Boro's hunter claim, if you had voted for Glirdan, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, .
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #126
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Although I am a bit curious as to why Boro didn't vote Glirdan.
I thought there was enough people around (as few as there indeed were) to not vote for Glirdan. I mean he had 2 votes and I didn't know how many people would vote for him.

You're right it would have been smarter to just vote Glirdan to save myself because even after my reveal wolf or not, no one would have added another vote to me. But I didn't particularly want to see Glirdan lynched yet again for no reason other than don't lynch me.

I don't know what was up with all that last minute voting though. Yes it was frantic, me included. I could have done better co-ordinating at the end, but really I mean everyone voted someone different? Thanks Shasta, you bought yourself a few good days of my grace before I have to seriously consider looking at you as a suspect.

Believe it or not, I'm still waiting to hear from Bom today before deciding whether I would have no question he's a wolf and lynch him, or if I let other stuff get in the way of better judgement. Gotta love revenge voting, it's not WW without 'em.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #127
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Sorry Glirdan. Not the best choice I could have made.

And Inzil deid? The immediate thing to take from this is suspicion of McCaber and Bom.

Eonwe and G55 seem likely innocents to me. Not sure, of course. Certain others look suspicious too; I'll try to go through it in more detail later.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #128
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
As far as me being a submarine, that was due to RL reasons, unfortunately. Left mid-afternoon for what I thought would be a short shopping trip, and ended up not getting back till 20 minute before DL.

YesterDay turned out nuts, even by Day 1 standards, and there was no reason for someone to get lynched with two votes, even on Day 1! Fortunately, now that we have things to go on, toDay's already looking better.

I'm also rather disturbed that Inzilarond got killed, but some of what he said was looking Seer-ish (as others have already pointed out), so I can see where the wolves might have gotten paranoid.

I voted for Bom for a couple of reasons (which I'll enumerate in a bit), but the main one was trying to save Boro, because regardless of whether he's the Hunter or not, I was willing to give him a Night to work before lynching. Granted, I should have voted for Glirdy to save Boro, but my brain wasn't working too well then. Hauling a screaming toddler around for five hours kinda does that to you.

Oh, and by the way, Shasta, I'm a guy.

Now, research.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #129
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Back again. Sorry for not being around– I just wasn't able to get to a computer for most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Sorry Glirdan. Not the best choice I could have made.

And Inzil deid? The immediate thing to take from this is suspicion of McCaber and Bom.
This is true– through a frame can't be ruled out either. Still, I think it's pretty safe to assume that *if* the wolves in fact killed him for being "Seer-ish" it would have been because of his comments on one of those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Eonwe and G55 seem likely innocents to me. Not sure, of course.
Why, though? G55's last post looks quite bad to me, actually.

EDIT:X'd with Eruhen.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #130
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyone around?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #131
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I was going to post an analysis of Bom and why I voted for him, but now that I look through his posting history, I'm not seeing anything that OOC (for Bom, at least ). So, it would appear that my vote yesterDay was a throw-away.

Not that it mattered, since it came after DL, but that's beside the point.

So, looks like I'm back where I started. I remember Bom posting in the last WW thread that the first three people to post are the wolves.

So, that makes G55, Foley, and... um... me. Hmmm. Didn't think that one through all that well. Back to the drawing board...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:05 AM   #132
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
I remember Bom posting in the last WW thread that the first three people to post are the wolves.
That's how the saying goes, as far as I know. Or, that one of the three first people is a wolf. But you shouldn't trust that - last game the first three people were innocents (I remember waiting on purpose before posting so that I won't be in the trio ).

About Bom: he does have his own way of posting that people are prone to pick on. Last game people jumped on innocent him for one post because of that style. He's an easy lynch target because of that. However, if he's a wolf, he's a dangerous one, as it's often hard to tell when he's really serious (if ever). So far, even ignoring his "jokes", he looks quite suspicious to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #133
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Well, I was going to post an analysis of Bom and why I voted for him, but now that I look through his posting history, I'm not seeing anything that OOC (for Bom, at least ). So, it would appear that my vote yesterDay was a throw-away. Not that it mattered, since it came after DL, but that's beside the point.
That... is a very strange way to look at it. I am myself puzzled by Bom's behaviour yesterDay, which doesn't really make sense for a wolf– but all the same, newbie wolves can do some weird things, and he was surely the single most suspicious-looking person yesterDay. I suppose you could say, based on his other two games, that it's not OOC for him to act suspicious– but that's not saying much, is it? Anyway, the real point is: did you have a reason for voting him, or didn't you? You almost seem to be saying both things here.

Quote:
So, looks like I'm back where I started. I remember Bom posting in the last WW thread that the first three people to post are the wolves.

So, that makes G55, Foley, and... um... me. Hmmm. Didn't think that one through all that well. Back to the drawing board...
Believe it or not, Eruhen, this is an actual piece of WW lore. Make of that what you will.

EDIT:X'd with G55.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #134
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
That... is a very strange way to look at it. I am myself puzzled by Bom's behaviour yesterDay, which doesn't really make sense for a wolf– but all the same, newbie wolves can do some weird things, and he was surely the single most suspicious-looking person yesterDay. I suppose you could say, based on his other two games, that it's not OOC for him to act suspicious– but that's not saying much, is it? Anyway, the real point is: did you have a reason for voting him, or didn't you? You almost seem to be saying both things here.
YesterDay, I was mainly using my vote to try to protect Boro. I should have voted for Glirdy, but I was frazzled after a long afternoon out with my 18-month-old daughter, Bom had ticked me off for some reason, and time was running out. So, I picked him.

But toDay, after looking through his posting history on this game and the other two he's been a part of, I see that most to all of what he posted yesterDay was in character for him. I'm holding off judgement for now and watching to see how things go.

So, short and sweet: I thought I had a reason yesterDay, but, on reflection, I'm not so sure anymore. He's still red-tinted on my list, but he's not in the red. Orange, maybe. Or maybe burnt sienna.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #135
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen
YesterDay, I was mainly using my vote to try to protect Boro. I should have voted for Glirdy, but I was frazzled after a long afternoon out with my 18-month-old daughter, Bom had ticked me off for some reason, and time was running out. So, I picked him.

But toDay, after looking through his posting history on this game and the other two he's been a part of, I see that most to all of what he posted yesterDay was in character for him. I'm holding off judgement for now and watching to see how things go.

So, short and sweet: I thought I had a reason yesterDay, but, on reflection, I'm not so sure anymore. He's still red-tinted on my list, but he's not in the red. Orange, maybe. Or maybe burnt sienna.
But– "for some reason"? Did you suspect him at the time?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #136
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, I did. I thought that some of his earlier posts were rather Wolf-ish, but like I've said, after re-reading the thread and the other WW games he was in, I see that he's just being Bom.

Things like this (post 11):

Quote:
. . . You know I was actually happy to be in this movie? But now I've half a mind to go postal on the lot of you! Killers and innocents alike, all dead . . . except for me of course. *sits a moment in utter glee*
and this (post 45):

Quote:
. . . Yet another victory for the inability to distinguish jokes made over the internet! Yay!

. . .

That's actually made me more suspicious, by the way. A wolf would be more watchful for potential accusations against himself, would he not?
...stuck out at me.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #137
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
So, instead, you threw away a vote on someone who very likely wouldn't be lynched, instead of voting to save the claimed Gifted role?
Or to save a desparate wolf, mind.

Whatever.

Quote:
Yes, I did. I thought that some of his earlier posts were rather Wolf-ish, but like I've said, after re-reading the thread and the other WW games he was in, I see that he's just being Bom.

Things like this (post 11):

and this (post 45):

...stuck out at me.
I see where you're comming from, and I also see why Nerwen is so suspicious. The posts you quote are not exactly "normal", true. However, would you write any such a thing as a wolf? Would you point on your wolvishness so obviously?

It is strange to me that you chose two posts that don't scream anything except for "Bom's weirdness" to me. I find his other posts more suspicious.

You said that "he's just being Bom". Yet is is also possible that he's just being a Bomwolf. What say thou?

Anyways, I want to hear from Bom - what does he think about all this, and what does he have to say in answer.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #138
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Actually, I'd say Bom's too new to have a fully-established style yet– for which reason I'm trying not to read too much of the fact that, in my opinion, he's playing differently from the way he did in his first two games. It's the kind of bouncy quality I've quite often seen in first time wolves– on the other hand, you'd think even an inexperienced wolf would know better than to point out "gifteds" on the thread– that's more of a cobbler's stunt. (Got Boro to reveal, though.)

Anyway I still don't understand why you're calling your vote a "throwaway", Eruhen. I mean, it basically was one, actually, but for a completely different reasons– i.e. that it was so unlikely to be effective.

EDIT:X'd with G55.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #139
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh, I'm still suspicious of him. Just not enough to be willing to vote for him. Yet.

I think, however, I'm going to bow out for a couple hours and let other people talk. For a Saturday, it's been awful quiet. It's been mostly G55, Nerwen, Shasta, and me.

Where is everyone? We don't want a repeat of yesterDay, do we?

edit: It was a throwaway mainly because I wasn't thinking when I made it. If I'd been smart and keep Boro around for another day, I wouldn't have voted for Bom to make a three-way tie; I'd have voted for Glirdy. RL got in the way of WW. That's not going to happen toDay, though.

Talk, people!

Last edited by Eruhen; 07-30-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: x-ed with Nerwen
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #140
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Oh, I'm still suspicious of him. Just not enough to be willing to vote for him. Yet.
Do you currently have a better candidate (asking mostly out of curiosity)? Also, why "yet"? I think "any more" would be more appropriate.

Quote:
Where is everyone? We don't want a repeat of yesterDay, do we?
THIS.

TALK, PEOPLE!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #141
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Do you currently have a better candidate (asking mostly out of curiosity)? Also, why "yet"? I think "any more" would be more appropriate.
No, I don't. BECAUSE NO ONE IS TALKING!!!!!

The 'yet' is because I haven't heard anything new from him. OR ANYONE ELSE!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #142
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm going to have to go, and may not be back before DL.

So–

++Eruhen.

Eruhen, I believe this is your first game, so sorry if this is all just you trying to get the hang of things. All the same, the amount of backtracking and seeming evasiveness in your recent posting really does not look good.

EDIT:X'd with Eruhen.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #143
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Something to occupy my time...

Players that I am ok with:

Nerwen (acute and reasonable as always)
Boro (who I think is likelier to be Hunter than Wolf)
Foley (not too much from her, but she seems reasonable enough)
Eonwe (I don't know why... he just doesn't sound wolf)

Players I'm not that ok with:

Bom
Eruhen

Players I haven't decided about:

Eomer
Cabbie
Shasta (he was picky about the votes, but that doesn't make him a wolf...)

Players that I need more info from:

Sally
Tum (I remember him saying on the Admin thread that he won't have Internet access for a while...)
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #144
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
People think I'm weird! Yaaaay!

Sorry for not posting more (since everybody seems to want to hear from me): gaming kept my attention last night, and staying up playing said game made me sleep in far too long.

I find it interesting that Boromir88 lived through the night: if I were a wolf, I would've decided that the odds were good that he didn't have one (especially with his suspicions of yours truly) and killed him. But! That could equally mean that we have a cautious/manipulative wolf pack counting on us innocents doing their dirty work (or that they saw something in Inzilarond that they thought was more dangerous). So, no conclusion there, really

As for those asking for answers from me . . . well. I really can't think of a way to prove my innocence (maybe later, when my brain is working better), so all I can do is proclaim my innocence (something you lot are as likely to believe as that Gandalf was secretly Sauron).

EDIT: X'd with G55. "Not that ok?" Hmph!
EDIT2: Random additional thought.

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 07-30-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #145
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

This made my day... or Day... no, just "day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
...all I can do is proclaim my innocence (something you lot are as likely to believe as that Gandalf was secretly Sauron).
Innocent or not, this made me laugh!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #146
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post

Tum (I remember him saying on the Admin thread that he won't have Internet access for a while...)
I'm actually a female.

I've read through all the posts, and all I can say is "wow". Seems like a flurry of crazy voting on Day 1. I will say that as I was reading them, my head was fuzzy. Colds tend to do that to my brain.

I have no idea who looks suspicous at this moment. I almost get the feeling like we're going through another Day 1. Granted there's a little more to go off of, but I really don't get the sense that there is a lot to go off on.

I do apologize for not being around yesterDay. Even though I didn't have Internet access I still wish that I could have been around. I know how important it is to have people around and talking to make voting for someone much easier.

I'll have to see if I can clear my head a bit to make some more sense of all that has gone on.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #147
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
I'm actually a female.
Oooops! My bad!

I'm glad you're here. Unlike some others. >.<

I'll be going away soon for a couple hours (hopefully t will stay that, and not turn into a day-long trip again ), and I really hope there will be some intriguing discussion going on by the time I get back, not three or four people shooting posts at eachother.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #148
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
I find it interesting that Boromir88 lived through the night: if I were a wolf, I would've decided that the odds were good that he didn't have one (especially with his suspicions of yours truly) and killed him. But! That could equally mean that we have a cautious/manipulative wolf pack counting on us innocents doing their dirty work (or that they saw something in Inzilarond that they thought was more dangerous). So, no conclusion there, really
Interesting thought. Presuming that Boro is the Hunter, the wolves might consider him safe to leave. He's not the seer; if no-one touches him, he can't use his power. But is this ignoring the point that he's a potential known innocent? Probably better to kill off the hunter at the start of the game if you can, so it's more likely he'll have no idea who the wolves are and he'll hunt an innocent.

Yes, they might be counting on us lynching him, but this is pretty risky.

At this stage, chances of catching the Seer are not high. This means I see three options:

1. Boro is a wolf, playing us for fools.

2. Boro is innocent; wolves seriously believe Inzil is the seer.

3. Boro is innocent; wolves not sure about Inzil but, rightly or wrongly, choose to ignore Boro.

I believe option 3 suggests wolves who are not thinking very carefully. And I think it's the less likely option.

I don't see how option 1 would aid the wolves in any way. The real Hunter could appear at any moment.

Option 2 is the most likely. So we lynch one of Inzil's targets today. Bom or McCaber.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #149
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

The more I from and think about Bom, the more I think he's a Cobbler, not a Wolf. So, he's on my grey list for the foreseeable future.

Cabbbie, have anything to add? Why'd you vote for Zil?
Old 07-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #150
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Sorry, Eruhen. I don't really know why I thought you were a girl.

In other news, Bom has finally posted, and even with all the suspicion against him, posted nothing but "I swear I'm innocent!" Lovely. G55 has also done nothing to allay my suspicions of her.

Eruhen, you say this -
Quote:
And then you say you don't have anyone else to be suspicious of since no one is talking. Has this changed, at all?

Also, Eruhen, there isn't a cobbler in this game, I don't think.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #151
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I still can't think what I can do to prove my innocence to the rest of you at the moment. If people are convinced that I'm a wolf, there's nothing I can do to change their minds (unless something extraordinary happens).

Anyway, while I hate that I'm on the target list there, Eomer is making sense.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #152
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Anyway, while I hate that I'm on the target list there, Eomer is making sense.
It's cold, unfeeling logic, my friend. But, if you are innocent, fear not: sometimes there's just nothing you can do - and that goes for our wolves as well.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM   #153
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
For my part, I'm mostly staying silent so the wolves in particular have no idea what I plan to do. But that's not helpful to voting and finding a wolf today.

I will say at least for tonight I have no intentions of hunting Sally or Shasta, which means I have no intentions to vote for them either. Everyone else? Well, we'll wait and see what happens.

G55 I'm feeling meh...ok, conflicted? Can't fault her for being involved more than most, but she's also said some straight inaccurate things. I think Eonwe pointed out both of them. Probably won't vote for her today.

If it means anything, believe it or not Bom, I think it more likely you were getting set up as an easy lynch today. As you said, wolves would figure I would hunt you last night, and since they decided to go for Inzil would hope we'd take that to mean you were a wolf. Which means we'd have some tricksy, sly wolves on our hands. Or you really are a wolf, pack figured I'd hunt you, which means I couldn't choose you again tonight, and thus plan to kill me next, on the chances I wouldn't have one of the other two tonight?

I need to go back to consider this Inzil-seer-McCaber thing.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #154
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++G55

She reminds me far too much of Wolfadriel, and I'll admit I don't have time to study the thread too closely. It's sort of a gut vote, but what I've seen supports it. Let's hope I'm right.

I likely won't be back toDay, as I'll be confined to my phone and the signal is rubbish at camp. Behave while I'm gone, and don't try to steal away my loyal fans.

*poses for the cameras, walks off*

Also, we need to have a talk about this script. There aren't nearly enough opportunities for Merry to fell a troll or kick a ball in a heroic fashion. Isn't this supposed to be an action movie?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #155
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Sorry, Eruhen. I don't really know why I thought you were a girl.

In other news, Bom has finally posted, and even with all the suspicion against him, posted nothing but "I swear I'm innocent!" Lovely. G55 has also done nothing to allay my suspicions of her.

Eruhen, you say this -

And then you say you don't have anyone else to be suspicious of since no one is talking. Has this changed, at all?

Also, Eruhen, there isn't a cobbler in this game, I don't think.
OK, so I was wrong on the Cobbler. Thought there was. That's what I get for not re-reading the Admin thread before the game starts.

Anyway, Bom's still off my list. Right now, I'm leaning more toward McCaber, but I want to hear what he has to say about his vote yesterDay.

All he's said about his vote was what he said in the vote post (#92):

Quote:
Well, now I'm willing to give Boromir the benefit of the doubt, even if he is mistaken on how the rules work. And I don't have a whole lot of ideas on others, because all the analysis came out within ten minutes of the DL. So a wild shot in the dark would be

++Inziladun

Because he kind of tripped my radar, and voted for me. Vengeance is mine!
Since then, he's been a submarine.

So, Cabbie, what about Zil tripped your radar?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #156
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

In other news, the vote count right now is:

Nerwen --> Eruhen (1)
Sally --> G55 (1)

Little more than three hours to DL, folks.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #157
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I love when I lose my work. I was getting ready to make a post when it seems like I hit the wrong key and lost my work.

In short I think it's a good idea to check into Bom and Cab. If one of them thought that Inzil was on to them, it would make sense for them to kill him.

I also think that it might be a good idea to check into the first three people who posted.

Quote:
Well, I was going to post an analysis of Bom and why I voted for him, but now that I look through his posting history, I'm not seeing anything that OOC (for Bom, at least ). So, it would appear that my vote yesterDay was a throw-away.

Not that it mattered, since it came after DL, but that's beside the point.

To me this can come across as someone just trying to come across as innocent. Then again Eruhen could just be innocent. I am going to have to think some more about this.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #158
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++MCCABER

Because of Inzil's vote. Otherwise, I can't see why the wolves would have killed him. Willing to give Bom the benefit of the doubt for now, although would not be opposed to his lynching.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #159
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I just got done looking at Cabbie's posts and there isn't a lot to go on. The only thing that there is to go on is his vote for Inzil.

Now I'm going to take a look at Bom's posts.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #160
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
pack figured I'd hunt you, which means I couldn't choose you again tonight, and thus plan to kill me next, on the chances I wouldn't have one of the other two tonight?
Wait, does that mean that you have to change pick each Night?

edit: Yes, I'm back a bit early.