The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #81
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
You can't expect people to believe that you didn't consider it at all.
I might not be able to expect people to believe it, but I can still know it's true.

In other news . . . Ooooooo. Kay? That's either a wolf picking the safest gifted to declare himself to be, or a hunter who's confident enough he has a wolf to allow himself to be killed.

EDIT: X'd with everybody from G55's summary onwards.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #82
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's first post
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

(Translation: Hoarding is evil. Wolves are hoarders. Wolves are evil. Those demading raises....just connect the dots).
Seems normal to me...for a first post on Day 1, anyway. Not serious, nothing suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's second post
That's not applicable to wolves master Dwarf. The Ring required a very specific plan to be unmade and Gollum had a part yet to play in that tale.

The wolves part to play is to eat us and I assure you, show me who the wolves are, and my fire his hot enough to roast them.
Nothing bad there. Still Day 1 content. Expresses hatred for wolves. Natural for an player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's third post
Translations of the Scotsman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Ower busy to say muckle richt noo. Haein second breakfast, ken?
"Too busy to participate because I'm still finishing my meal from yesternight. I think I'll have Lottie's left shoulder loin for second breakfast, is that ok then with my packmates?"
That's just...gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's fourth post
Let's be honest Glirdanindel you didn't know who to vote for and so your random vote is really just voting for me because you knew I would not be offended? Seeing as we go back a ways and are essentially brothers?

Fairy nuff, since I've done the same before. Not knowing who to vote for, so my random Day 1 pick usually falls to you if I have to make one.
His feathers weren't ruffled about being voted for by Glirdan, so long as the vote was random, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's fifth post
I think the quietness is due to not having any of the Finns or phantom present and me deciding to try something less abrasive and loudy.
No comment necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's sixth post
Thanks for telling me you're not the seer and whether innocent or not I won't trust a word you say the remainder of this time.
Oooh, ouch. Pretty much says, 'Since your not the seer, even if you're an innocent, I won't trust you.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's seventh post point one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
This would make it a non-random vote, actually.
Indeed but the so-called "random" votes, are rarely ever random in the true sense of the world. You often don't see random votes for someone's first time as they learn what goes on, nor random votes for members who haven't been around in a while. So really the "random" votes just go to someone who you know won't mind being voted for on Day 1, because dying Day 1 kind of stinks.
Again, not really anything to comment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's seventh post point two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo
. . . Yet another victory for the inability to distinguish jokes made over the internet! Yay!

. . .

That's actually made me more suspicious, by the way. A wolf would be more watchful for potential accusations against himself, would he not?
Right, we're supposed to distinguish your jokes from non-jokes, how? And you really think you can just get away joking around with clever names and not have someone say something about it?
The question is, who else took him seriously? It was a joke, obviously. Why can't we tease about wolf-ish names? He wasn't really making an accusation. That would have hurt if it'd come after a post that was trying to make Boromir look like a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's seventh post point three
As to your second part that is the biggest misconception in werewolf ever. Only the wolves don't want to die/be lynched. Glirdan just said he didn't want to be mod-fired, does this make him a wolf you think? The fact that someone, I don't know?...wants to participate and not be killed because someone who thinks they're being funny put the word wolf if someone's name, doesn't make him/her a wolf.
It's been addressed already by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's seventh post point four
You can't expect to go gallivanting around calling anyone you feel like a wolf and not expect the person to react. Especially me. I said what I said because I know you're either trying to be a silly innocent or a wolf. Either way, I don't trust you and I know for certain 2 roles you are not, thus if it comes down to it, I will have no issues voting for you.
Why especially you? Some people wouldn't react. And just be cause you know he's not a gifted doesn't make him a guilty party. His behavior today has been such that I would really guess he's not a guilty party. So to not be bothered to vote for him really doesn't make sense. It would bother me to vote for a person who was likely an innocent.

Is being continued, wanted to get this out before deadline.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #83
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
In other news . . . Ooooooo. Kay? That's either a wolf picking the safest gifted to declare himself to be, or a hunter who's confident enough he has a wolf to allow himself to be killed.
No just one who understands his role and can be just as deadly to the wolves whether they know he's the hunter or not. But I can't be deadly to the wolves if I'm lynched.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #84
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir's eighth post
Granted I could have said what I wanted to a bit more kindly, but gotta learn at some point. Everyone's different and maybe others don't mind, but I've seen too many people get lynched on what were so-called jokes, and no one should expect to say whatever they want and not be questioned or challenged by it. Innocent intended jokes or not, I still know some things Bom is not.
Okay, so apparently Boromir got frightened that Bom's glib comment would get him lynched. Fair 'nuff.

Oh, look...that's it.

My opinion...a bit over the top defensive and worried that such a comment would get him lynched. Really, it seems to me more dangerous to respond to such a thing than to just let it lie.

-- Foley

Edit: I X-posted with a few people since beginning my analysis. Pretty much since I last posted.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #85
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Quote:
And it was entirely unintentional that my vote was the second for Boromir88.
You can't expect people to believe that you didn't consider it at all.
No, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Alright. Didn't want to do this so earlier but it's safe and more beneficial usually to be known.

Don't lynch me. I'm the hunter and can only take down a wolf if I'm night killed.

Edit: xed with a few
Old 07-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm going to vote for whoever it is that will save me. So please...start voting like...now
Old 07-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #87
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Actually, Boro, you can take out a wolf even if you're lynched. See Lottie's post above.

However, unless you're certain of having one, you'd want to be cautious on Day 1.

I'll post my vote in a few. Just wanna let others have their say.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well I won't be voting for Boro today. He could be lying but it's really not worth the risk this early on.

Right now I'm thinking of voting for one of the submarines.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #89
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here with two minutes to spare... are there really only four votes thus far? I skimmed page 2 and all of page 3 thus far so I could post once before having to vote...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #90
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
Actually, Boro, you can take out a wolf even if you're lynched. See Lottie's post above.

However, unless you're certain of having one, you'd want to be cautious on Day 1.

I'll post my vote in a few. Just wanna let others have their say.
You don't understand. I did not get a pick during Night 1. I have no name to give in and it only applies to being killed. Not lynched.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #91
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh. True. Vote in a minute.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #92
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, now I'm willing to give Boromir the benefit of the doubt, even if he is mistaken on how the rules work. And I don't have a whole lot of ideas on others, because all the analysis came out within ten minutes of the DL. So a wild shot in the dark would be

++Inziladun

Because he kind of tripped my radar, and voted for me. Vengeance is mine!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Bom
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #94
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boro claims Hunter, have to vote to save him, will think about it when I can.

++Glirdan
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-28-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: X'ed with my last.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #95
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, I've decided to go with

++Sally

edit: x-ed with everything since my last
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #96
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
You don't understand. I did not get a pick during Night 1. I have no name to give in and it only applies to being killed. Not lynched.
Lynched too, Lottie said.

I'll be voting for a submarine.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #97
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
DL. Stop posting.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #98
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Oh, this is going to be messy.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #99
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Ack, I thought Glirdan had the most votes except for Boro, but couldn't remember for sure... I have no idea what's just happened.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-28-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: X'ed since my last, again.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #100
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

++Eruhen

Edit: xed
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #101
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

++Bom

(How to make it red? Sorry)

Last edited by Eruhen; 07-28-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: damn. Missed the DL.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #102
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I flipped a coin - heads Boro dies, tails Glirdy dies - missed it, and it rolled under the couch. I flipped another one, and it landed on tails.

Glirdy has been lynched. Narration to follow.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #103
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
++Bom

(How to make it red? Sorry)

[ highlight][ /highlight], without spaces.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #104
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

The cast gathered around the body - it seemed the appropriate, if slightly nauseating, place to decide on the Day's lynch. They argued about many things, such as paychecks, shoulder steaks and bacon, and acting ability, but as the Day came to a close, the discussion turned inevitably back to the lynch.

"I think it should be Boro!" Bom shouted.

"No, no! Bom!" Boro shouted.

"Someone else?" Zil offered. Bom and Boro turned to him.

"No!" they both exclaimed.

"Hang on, I liked the 'someone else' idea," McCaber said.

"Like Glirdy!" Eomer said.

"Yeah, that'll work," Shasta said. He grabbed Glirdy and pulled him towards the edge of the nearby bottomless pit. Glirdy pulled Boro with him, so that the two possibly lynches stood balanced on the edge together.

"No, not Boro!" Eonwe said, trying to push his way forwards. This was made difficult by the fact that so was everyone else. With all the flailing limbs, one of them (possibly either belonging to Foley or Sally) hit Glirdy, and the actor toppled backwards into the pit.

The others froze, staring as Glirdy fell. For a long, long time.

"Y'know, once you get past the impending death, this is kind of boring," he called after a while, his voice getting softer every moment. "I was innocent, you know." With that, the rest of the cast slunk off to their respective trailers for the Night.

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
McCaber as Aragorn
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Inziladun as Elrond
Nerwen as Galadriel

Dead

Lottie as The Director
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo

Night 2 has begun. PMing should now commence among those with PMing roles.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #105
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

When the rest of the cast had fallen asleep, the three actors gathered around the pit, staring down into it bleakly.

"So he's actually dead?" one finally asked.

"As far as I can tell," another answered.

"But we're not killing them. We're just using fake blood and chloroform."

"Well, what'd you expect? How else are they supposed to get rid of us?"

"I don't know, lock us in a hobbit hole or something?"

"Yes, because that's such an awful punishment."

"I'd prefer it to dying."

"I'd prefer to have earned my death, if I have to die."

"So...you want us to actually kill someone?"

"Let's give it a go, at least."

With that, the actors rose to their feet and resolutely marched off to kill their target.

"Hang on, where are you guys going?" one asked.

"To go kill {censored}, of course."

"We did not talk about killing {censored}! Where'd you get that idea?"

"Now that you mention it, we didn't talk about anyone in particular at all."

"Yeah, that might be kind of important."

Several minutes and one poking war later, the actors had reached their decision. Putting their hands in a pile, they shouted "Break!"

"...that was silly-looking," one said after an awkward silence.

"Yep."

"...let's just go."

"Yep."

And so, silent not for stealth but out of slight embarresment, the three slunk off to one of the trailors. Gathering around the sleeping actor, they looked at each other, frowning.

"How does this work again?"

"I don't know. I've never killed anyone before."

Shrugging, one of the actors grabbed several packets of fake blood out of his pocket. Opening a handful, he forced open the victim's jaw and poured it all in. He then held the other actor's mouth closed with one hand and covered his nose with the other until the victim stopped struggling to breathe.

"That works," one of his fellows said.

"I like the blood splattery affect," the other said.

"Thanks," said the killer, wiping the rest of the fake blood off on the victim's pillow. Silently, the actors slipped back to their own trailers.

As the sun rose the next morning, the cast gathered to see if anyone else was missing. After a quick head count, they discovered that the actor who'd played Elrond - Zil - was missing. They ran to his trailer to make sure he hadn't just overslept, and were quicky reassured that he hadn't.

"Now what?" Tum asked, face ashen with horror.

"I guess we do the same thing again," Eonwe said. "Vote to lynch someone, and try to find the murderers."

"Yes, because that turned out so well yesterDay," Foley said.

"But we know more now!" Sally said.

"Yeah - we know it wasn't Glirdy or Zil," Eomer said.

"Pessimism is not going to help," McCaber said. "We've got to figure this out, or we're all in danger."

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
McCaber as Aragorn
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Nerwen as Galadriel

Dead

Lottie as The Director
Glirdy as Glorfindel the Ordo
Zil as Elrond the Ordo

Day 2 has started. Talking is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Loslote; 07-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Please excuse my absence. I was mobbed by the paparazzi. I'm sure you all know what it's- Oh. Right. Never mind then.

So our intrepid Boromir claims to be the hunter then? How interesting. I don't expect anyone will contest his claims even if he is laying, so I think we should leave him alone for toDay and see what happens.

OOC: Abigail's dying, so I have to leave. I'll hop in and out from my phone.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #107
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Lottie, will you tell us Zil's role?

Eta: I assume he's ordo for now, not Gifted...
Old 07-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #108
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Lottie, will you tell us Zil's role?

Eta: I assume he's ordo for now, not Gifted...
Yes, sorry, edited that in.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #109
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Inzil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Most disconcerting, this. I came here to portray one who exemplified wisdom, and I shall do my best to discern the safest course of action for us. Money is nice, but for the moment I think safety is preferable.

It will be helpful if all make it a point to share their ideas, and not simply lurk in the background waiting for others to do so.

G55 seems a bit glib under the circumstances, perhaps. But then people have strange reactions sometimes to danger.

x/d with Eruhen- Unfortunately I lack the healing powers of the Lord of Imladris.
(Underlining mine). On hindsight, the underlined words probably screamed "Seer" to the wolves.

Quote:
So it's that easy, then? Seems a bit too easy, rather like sending the Ring over Sea.

However, it's certainly possible we have evil ones among the first posters, excited about their work and confident.

x/d with G55
Nothing much here.

Quote:
You'd be hard pressed to do so.

Does this make Glirdy look bad for making a safe-seeming, random vote, or good for being so obvious about it? Hmm...
The first bit referrs to finding a normal person among us (normal, not ordo don't get excited). The second - to Glirdy's vote. While I totall agree with his "Hmm", nothing about Zil jumps out here, or the reson for the kill.

#55 is Bomanalysis that I won't quote in full. The conclusion:

Quote:
Conclusions? He seems a bit carefree and fearless if he's a wolf, but does come off as a little defensive. Then again, as I said, the force with which some have decided to go after him makes me wonder.
Indefinite attitude towards Bom.

Quote:
Thought you were leaning toward Shasta, weren't you Bom? That's changed because it's now Boro who's after you?
Quote:
It isn't lost on me that Bom's vote was the second on Boro, either.
This has a more accusing tone.

#70 is a vote count.

Quote:
I don't know that I want to choose between Bom and Boro on the basis of toDay. Let's go another direction.

++McCaber

He makes a very effective evil submarine, and I don't recall seeing anything from him but a couple of easy jabs at Bom.

x/d with all since #73. Well, at least the Seer's got some good leads now....
The vote. Quite out of the blue, considering that nothing much has been said of McC the entire game. It is well explained, but could have alerted the wolves if Cabbie is one of them - he wasn't the only submarine.

However, the last part points against my earlier theory of wolves killing Zil on grounds of potential Seerdom. It doesn't sound like a thing a Seer would say. However, the wolves may have thought otherwise.

So, what does this summary give us? Zil could have been mistaken for the Seer. Or, he could have simply been a villager whose death won't point to anyone in particular, or point at a wrong direction. If it's the latter, this whole thing was pretty much pointless (but I, personally, needed to go through all the posts at least because otherwise I'd bugger myself until I do ). However, if he was really suspected of Seering, McC and Bom, and to some extent Glirdy could have been the ones worried about him last Night.

I've probably done more flip-flopping on everyone and everything in this post than I've done throughout the entire previous game of WW, but I want to consider all the possibilities.

Now, having done this, I'll try to summarise yesterDay's votes (what a mess they were!). Hopefully they'll prove more helpful, or at least useful, than this summary.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #110
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alrighty, since Nilp isn't here to post a vote list, I'll do it...

Night 1:
Lottie killed. Director.

Day 1 Votes:

Glirdy --> Boro (1)
Eomer --> Glirdy (1)
Bom --> Boro (2)
Zil --> Mac (1)
Mac --> Zil (1)
Boro--> Bom (1)
Shasta --> Glirdy (2)
Eonwe --> Sally (1)
G55 --> Eruhen (1)
Eruhen --> Bom (2, post-DL)

FINAL COUNT:

Glirdy, Boro - 2
Bom, Mac, Zil, Sally, Eruhen - 1

Tie between Glirdy and Boro, 2 apiece.

Glirdy lynched. Ordo.

Night 2:

Zil killed. Ordo.

Last edited by Eruhen; 07-29-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: added final count
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #111
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

First thing, what I meant responding to Eruhen here is...

(Left out quote I referred to, editting it in)
Quote:
I got no choice Night 1, and don't have any activity during the day. Hence, if I was lynched yesterday there would be absolutely no chance to take a wolf with me because I did not get to send in a name on Night 1.

Now, whoever I chose last night, if I'm lynched and if the person is a wolf will die too. If not, nothing happens. If it's decided to lynch me, I will tell you who my choice was and that way if nothing happens you'll have a known innocent. Otherwise, I will keep my night picks to myself. This sound good/make sense?

Second order of business. Absolutely no excuses for the voting yesterday. None. Sorry if some of you were busy or what not, but that was ridiculous. Come on people, voting is the best chance to kill wolves. If it continues on the same path as yesterday, this will be a short and easy wolves' win. Now you see why I was testy and frantic yesterday I hope, 2 votes. 2 fricken votes lynched somebody. Inexcusable.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #112
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
However, if he was really suspected of Seering, McC and Bom, and to some extent Glirdy could have been the ones worried about him last Night.
I can't help feeling that was the least of Glirdan's worries...

EDIT:X'd with Boro.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #113
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

Sounds fair enough to me, Boro. What do the others think, though?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #114
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Second order of business. Absolutely no excuses for the voting yesterday. None. Sorry if some of you were busy or what not, but that was ridiculous. Come on people, voting is the best chance to kill wolves. If it continues on the same path as yesterday, this will be a short and easy wolves' win. Now you see why I was testy and frantic yesterday I hope, 2 votes. 2 fricken votes lynched somebody. Inexcusable.
This, in its entirety. I'd be very interested in looking at the people who voted yesterday after Boro's Hunter claim, because apparently none of them were too invested in saving him.

Although I am a bit curious as to why Boro didn't vote Glirdan.

In any case, I'm especially interested in G55 and Eonwe. I don't remember either of them stating why they were voting who they were voting (Eruhen and sally respectively) - granted, I did skim in my rush to vote yesterday, but I think they could both do with a re-state.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #115
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Glirdy-->Boro
Eomer-->Glirdy
Bom-->Boro [2]
Zil-->McC
McC-->Zil
Boro-->Bom
Shasta-->Glirdy [2]
Eonwe-->Sally
....Lottie announces DL.....
G55-->Eruhen (though it's still :00)
Eruhen-->Bom [2] (it's :01)

7 different people were voted!

*takes a deep breath*

These are really amess, and really random. Including mine. Let's look at some explanations.

Glirdy voted randomly and early for RL reasons. Naught to pick at (as if there could be anything, him in that bottomless pit and all...)

Eomer says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Sally fits the criteria (oh wow, I never find her suspicious or anything... ), as does Glirdan. I'm totally aware that I myself fit my own criteria of not adding anything to the discussion....

...until now

Sorry Glirdan, but just not enough from you today. And the first vote is always a safe one. Chances are you're a busy innocent but, because no-one else is really jumping out at me, you're acting the conservative wolf.
(underlining mine). Anyone else see a double meaning in that?

Bom votes Boro and says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
I do seem to recall saying that I would vote Shasta if nothing else came up, though. And it was entirely unintentional that my vote was the second for Boromir88.
Zil chooses not to take sides on the BOROBOM

Quote:
I don't know that I want to choose between Bom and Boro on the basis of toDay. Let's go another direction.

++McCaber

He makes a very effective evil submarine, and I don't recall seeing anything from him but a couple of easy jabs at Bom.
Nothing wrong here either, but the vote is kinda random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Well, now I'm willing to give Boromir the benefit of the doubt, even if he is mistaken on how the rules work. And I don't have a whole lot of ideas on others, because all the analysis came out within ten minutes of the DL. So a wild shot in the dark would be

++Inziladun

Because he kind of tripped my radar, and voted for me. Vengeance is mine!
I see nothing wrong here either.

Boro votes Bom. The BOROBOM is continued.

Shasta's vote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Boro claims Hunter, have to vote to save him, will think about it when I can.

++Glirdan
And later:

Quote:
Ack, I thought Glirdan had the most votes except for Boro, but couldn't remember for sure... I have no idea what's just happened.
Ok. I also was lost in that flood of literally last-minute votes.

Eonwe votes Sally. No proper explanation (probably out of time), but said before that she's under his radar.

I vote Eruhen. I don't have time to explain, though I have said that I'm voting a submarine.

Eruhen votes Bom.

Edit: xed since my last post (it took me a long while to write this for some reason...)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #116
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
This, in its entirety. I'd be very interested in looking at the people who voted yesterday after Boro's Hunter claim, because apparently none of them were too invested in saving him.

Although I am a bit curious as to why Boro didn't vote Glirdan.

In any case, I'm especially interested in G55 and Eonwe. I don't remember either of them stating why they were voting who they were voting (Eruhen and sally respectively) - granted, I did skim in my rush to vote yesterday, but I think they could both do with a re-state.
Steve gave no reason; G55 voted Sally as a "submarine". That's common enough for emergency votes– but indeed, you'd think people who were simply trying save a claimed gifted would go for someone else who already had votes. I suppose they might have lost track, though.

EDIT:X'd with G55.
EDIT2: Correction: Steve voted for Sally, and G55 for Eruhen, both as "submarines".

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-29-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #117
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
As I said, she felt a bit submariney to me. 3 posts, all of them IC. Since she didn't mention anything about having any problems with getting on, it all seemed a bit suspicious (and unusual).

At the time of voting, the only person other than Boro to have votes was Glirdy, and with so many left to vote, it could've gone in any direction. I just voted for who I found most suspicious at the time.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #118
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Steve gave no reason; G55 voted Sally as a "submarine".
That's not right. I said I'd vote for a submarine, then followed it up with a Sally-vote (with a few x-posts in between). Then, after that, G55 says that she will be voting for submarines and votes Eruhen.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #119
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I can't help feeling that was the least of Glirdan's worries...

My apologies to everyone. So stupid of me. Proves that by the time I reach a conclusion, my brain doesn't function anymore.

Quote:
I was, as you said, rushed. Very rushed (I'm not entirely sure my vote was on time, even - it was after Lottie's DL announcement, but still at :00). I didn't want to vote someone like Sally, Nerwen, and Tum who barely said anything / didn't say anything at all, but someone who was well under my radar, like Eruhen happened, and still happens, to be.

If you want to hear why I didn't vote a +2 for someone else - it was really messy. I didn't want to take sides on anything. As Cabbie said yesterDay, everything started happening during the last 10 minutes or so. If you really want to, call my vote a throwaway. A first vote for someone who doesn't have any votes yet by DL time couldn't be called otherwise, so I won't argue.

Last game, I did a throwaway a few minutes before DL to take attention away from my packmate. But I hope no one will say that a vote made on the DL can change anyone's minds in time!

YesterDay I still doubted Boro's hunting abilities. I was torn between whether he's really the hunter, or a wolf who is desperate to survive, as it looks he's going to be lynched. ToDay I'm inclined to trust him more - would a wolf really go that far and risk that much? Moreover, it is now obvious what this is referring to:

Quote:
Innocent intended jokes or not, I still know some things Bom is not.
Seer and Hunter.

Edit: xed since my own again
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #120
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Steve gave no reason; G55 voted Sally as a "submarine". That's common enough for emergency votes– but indeed, you'd think people who were simply trying save a claimed gifted would go for someone else who already had votes. I suppose they might have lost track, though.

EDIT:X'd with G55.
I didn't vote Sally. Eonwe did.

Edit: my bad, I read on and see that he just said the same thing.