The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I think the quietness is due to not having any of the Finns or phantom present and me deciding to try something less abrasive and loudy.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Will likely vote Bom today. DL is at 7:00 pm CST, right?
I think so, yes. Care to tell me why you're going to vote me? (So I can try to talk you out of it?)

Well, mustn't get too worked up about people latching on to me. (That seems to be becoming a theme of my games . . .) If nothing else happens, I'll probably return Shasta's favor.

EDIT: X'd with Wolfomir88.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #43
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Yes! Definitely. Less three hours left and there and altogether we have only spoken 36 times.
I think it's the shock. We're here to film, and then this happens. It's not a real body, apparently, but the director is no where to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boro
I think the quietness is due to not having any of the Finns or phantom present and me deciding to try something less abrasive and loudy.
This is possible, although Bom has been doing a very good job of drawing attention to himself, and Galadriel the fifthy-fifth hasn't kept too silent herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Fairy nuff, since I've done the same before. Not knowing who to vote for, so my random Day 1 pick usually falls to you if I have to make one.
This would make it a non-random vote, actually.

I'm going to be around until deadline, pretty much, so I'll keep tabs on this.

X-posted with the Bom himself.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Thanks for telling me you're not the seer and whether innocent or not I won't trust a word you say the remainder of this time.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #45
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

. . . Yet another victory for the inability to distinguish jokes made over the internet! Yay!

. . .

That's actually made me more suspicious, by the way. A wolf would be more watchful for potential accusations against himself, would he not?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #46
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh no! It's quiet!

First days should be quiet because there's nothing to go on. And Nogrod's nae even in this game to argue against that: HA!!!

Let's just kill someone and get it over with.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #47
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Oh no! It's quiet!

First days should be quiet because there's nothing to go on. And Nogrod's nae even in this game to argue against that: HA!!!
HA!!!

Talk people, talk.

*withdraws into the shadows, never to return*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #48
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
This would make it a non-random vote, actually.
Indeed but the so-called "random" votes, are rarely ever random in the true sense of the world. You often don't see random votes for someone's first time as they learn what goes on, nor random votes for members who haven't been around in a while. So really the "random" votes just go to someone who you know won't mind being voted for on Day 1, because dying Day 1 kind of stinks.

Quote:
. . . Yet another victory for the inability to distinguish jokes made over the internet! Yay!

. . .

That's actually made me more suspicious, by the way. A wolf would be more watchful for potential accusations against himself, would he not?
Right, we're supposed to distinguish your jokes from non-jokes, how? And you really think you can just get away joking around with clever names and not have someone say something about it?

As to your second part that is the biggest misconception in werewolf ever. Only the wolves don't want to die/be lynched. Glirdan just said he didn't want to be mod-fired, does this make him a wolf you think? The fact that someone, I don't know?...wants to participate and not be killed because someone who thinks they're being funny put the word wolf if someone's name, doesn't make him/her a wolf.

You can't expect to go gallivanting around calling anyone you feel like a wolf and not expect the person to react. Especially me. I said what I said because I know you're either trying to be a silly innocent or a wolf. Either way, I don't trust you and I know for certain 2 roles you are not, thus if it comes down to it, I will have no issues voting for you.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #49
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
HA!!!

Talk people, talk.

*withdraws into the shadows, never to return*
Aaaahaha!

They say that Satan too appears when you speak of him.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #50
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Oi oi oi! All I was saying was that you were far, far, far more defensive about it than seems normal to me - something that makes you look wolfish in my eyes. After all, wolves have more to lose if they die.

And yes, I do think I can get away with joking around with clever names - I've seen it happen. Not like I'm saying "Boromir88 is a wolf! Let's lynch him!" or anything, is it?

And finally, I don't expect people to be able to distinguish my jokes particularly well, just to be less inclined to go for my throat about them than you have been.

EDIT: X'd with Eomer. Nice comparison.

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 07-28-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #51
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
"Boromir88 is a wolf! Let's lynch him!"
I think I just heard him say this...
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #52
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

*tries to headdesk, realizes he's not at a desk, and settles for a facepalm*

I don't think you're that stupid, so that's probably a deliciously bad joke.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #53
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Quote:
"Boromir88 is a wolf! Let's lynch him!"
I think I just heard him say this...
This is possibly the funniest thing I've seen all Day.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #54
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Eh... Fitiver's gan on here will mak for some good readin' imorn. That's why I leave Bom and Boro.

There's probably a wolf who's said nothing other than character posts yet, so I'll pick one of them. Back in a minty.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #55
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Time for analysis, already?

*smilies removed per forum restrictions*

Quote:
Hey dol! merry dol! Ring a dead dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! avenge fal the Director!
Tom Bom, omigod this is scary Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

. . . You know I was actually happy to be in this movie? :But now I've half a mind to go postal on the lot of you! Killers and innocents alike, all dead . . . except for me of course. *sits a moment in utter glee*

But I suppose it's my job to protect you idiots. Ah well.

This voting idea sounds good t'me; I'd like to vote for Lottierector for getting us into this mess.
First post. Might seem rather glib, and threatening to kill everyone was not really something to earn trust....

Quote:
The dead-line, you say? Sounds awfully suspicious to me . . . (that was a joke, by the way)

On a less joke-y note, G55 looks . . . not suspicious, but unusual, to me. More gifted than wolf, it seems. Awfully fast to be making such a judgment, I know, but that's more or less normal for me.
This raised some eyebrows, since it's generally not a good idea to trumpet that one sees a potential Gifted, at least not a good idea for the innocents. As a baddie, though, what would this gain him but suspicion? He could have simply let his mates know the next Night.

Quote:
I resent the accusation that I am in any way happy with these events, because that would suggest that I am in a position to take advantage of it.

In other news . . . well, I do specialize in daring Day 1 declarations.

Oh dear, I seem to have become one of the alliterati. And with D, too! I prefer C, thank you.

*ahem* AS I was going to say before I was rudely interrupted by myself (several times, even!) my mind seems to be on the more, as Nerwen says, talented actors. (translation: it seems like anybody and everybody is dropping hints that they're Gifted. Including, in retrospect . . .

myself). So you'll excuse me if I make a few incautious comments about such.
Hm. Excuses an apparent Gifted fixation with a belief that many are throwing out hints, not just him.

Quote:
When am I not? I rather enjoy weirdness. Nonlethal weirdness, mind you; don't get any ideas there.

Well, since it's list-making time:

I am innocent by virtue of being me.
Sally is innocent by virtue of being amusing.
G55 is innocent-ish by virtue of being interesting and better left alive to be studied. Also, by virtue of complimenting me (see above).
Eomer of the Scothirrim is innocent by virtue of being amusing.
As far as the guilty go:
Boromir88 is guilty by virtue of attacking the Scot.
Nerwen is guilty by virtue of disliking something I said.
Shasta is guilty by virtue of not liking yours truly.
Eonwe is guilty by virtue of thinking I'm in the wrong role.
Inziladun is guilty by virtue of agreeing with Nerwolf.
Lottierector is guilty by virtue of having more than three wolves.
And finally, everybody else is guilty by virtue of escaping my notice.
A suspicion list that doesn't look to be all that serious. But what's that about there being more than three wolves? Did I miss something?

Quote:
I think so, yes. Care to tell me why you're going to vote me? (So I can try to talk you out of it?)

Well, mustn't get too worked up about people latching on to me. (That seems to be becoming a theme of my games . . .) If nothing else happens, I'll probably return Shasta's favor.

A response to Shasta, who'd threatened to vote him.

Quote:

. . .

I'm not sure I get his meaning on the latter bit. There are a couple of ways it could be interpreted.

Quote:
Oi oi oi! All I was saying was that you were far, far, far more defensive about it than seems normal to me - something that makes you look wolfish in my eyes. After all, wolves have more to lose if they die.

And yes, I do think I can get away with joking around with clever names - I've seen it happen. Not like I'm saying "Boromir88 is a wolf! Let's lynch him!" or anything, is it?

And finally, I don't expect people to be able to distinguish my jokes particularly well, just to be less inclined to go for my throat about them than you have been.

I will agree with him that the vehemence with which Boro has gone after him seems a bit out of proportion.

Quote:
*tries to headdesk, realizes he's not at a desk, and settles for a facepalm*

I don't think you're that stupid, so that's probably a deliciously bad joke.
A response to McCaber's apparently joking about him saying Boro was a wolf.

Conclusions? He seems a bit carefree and fearless if he's a wolf, but does come off as a little defensive. Then again, as I said, the force with which some have decided to go after him makes me wonder.

x/d with Steve and Eomer
Old 07-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #56
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Sally fits the criteria (oh wow, I never find her suspicious or anything... ), as does Glirdan. I'm totally aware that I myself fit my own criteria of not adding anything to the discussion....

...until now

Sorry Glirdan, but just not enough from you today. And the first vote is always a safe one. Chances are you're a busy innocent but, because no-one else is really jumping out at me, you're acting the conservative wolf.

++GLIRDAN
Old 07-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #57
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Sally fits the criteria
Yeah, I suppose it's bad that I only realised that Sally had posted when I checked the post-count. Totally under my radar.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #58
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I went away for what I thought to be one hour and ended up being about four hours. I'm catching up (there's very little to catch up on, though. This is suspiciously quiet!)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #59
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

To Inzilarond: I'm not so surprised at the force with which I've been attacked - that's a common reaction to me.

And no, you didn't miss anything. The "more than three wolves" comment was about that very joke-suspicion list having more than three people looking guilty.

EDIT: X'd with the last two posters.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #60
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Granted I could have said what I wanted to a bit more kindly, but gotta learn at some point. Everyone's different and maybe others don't mind, but I've seen too many people get lynched on what were so-called jokes, and no one should expect to say whatever they want and not be questioned or challenged by it. Innocent intended jokes or not, I still know some things Bom is not.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #61
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

And those would be? You've mentioned that you don't think I'm the Seer, but what else?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #62
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Does this make Glirdy look bad for making a safe-seeming, random vote, or good for being so obvious about it? Hmm...
I'd say neither. I will refrain on making any opinion on Glirdy until he has the chance to actually say something.

Quote:
McCaber, I kind of see your point about Bom Tombadil, but it doesn't sound like the conclusions a guilty person would come to. For instance, if he really was a wolf, he would prolly keep things quiet about people being gifted and just hold onto it himself. I also kinda doubt he's gifted himself.
I agree with this.

Quote:
(Tell me again why we're calling the murderers wolves? Besides Aracaber's brilliantly bad sleuthing skills?)
Because we are playing wereWOLF, not wereACTOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Glirdan just said he didn't want to be mod-fired, does this make him a wolf you think?
An ordo can also not want to be modfired. I don't see how this points to wolvery.

The BoroBom thing is... interesting. In a not very good way. I can't say anything for sure for either one of them (who can, on D1?... except for wolves, that is), but they both seem to be making an elephant out of a fly.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #63
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Quote:
Glirdan just said he didn't want to be mod-fired, does this make him a wolf you think?
An ordo can also not want to be modfired. I don't see how this points to wolvery.
Wait, are you ridiculously misquoting Boro?

The post:
Quote:
As to your second part that is the biggest misconception in werewolf ever. Only the wolves don't want to die/be lynched. Glirdan just said he didn't want to be mod-fired, does this make him a wolf you think? The fact that someone, I don't know?...wants to participate and not be killed because someone who thinks they're being funny put the word wolf if someone's name, doesn't make him/her a wolf.
His whole point is that not wanting to be out of the game does not in any way point to wolvery.

However, this makes you look better in my eyes. I think a wolf would be more careful.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #64
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Welp. 30 minutes to deadline, and I doubt anything's going to come along to change my mind (plus, supper's coming up soon). So,

++Boromir88

EDIT: X'd with Eonwe. I don't quite understand what's meant by that comment on the Boro-quote either, but I don't think it's a deliberate misquote.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #65
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
The BoroBom thing is... interesting. In a not very good way. I can't say anything for sure for either one of them (who can, on D1?... except for wolves, that is), but they both seem to be making an elephant out of a fly.
I concur. Lots of raised blood here, especially from Boromir.

Inzil has done a post by post analysis of Bom. I'm not very good at those, but I'm going to give it a shot for Boromir. Coming soon.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #66
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thought you were leaning toward Shasta, weren't you Bom? That's changed because it's now Boro who's after you?

x/d with Foley

Last edited by Inziladun; 07-28-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: grammar correction
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #67
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

It isn't lost on me that Bom's vote was the second on Boro, either.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #68
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
About a half an hour to DL, guys.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #69
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

To Inzilarond (again): Yes. Yes it has. I do seem to recall saying that I would vote Shasta if nothing else came up, though. And it was entirely unintentional that my vote was the second for Boromir88.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #70
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Hm, so it's:

Glirdan--> Boro (1)
Eomer--> Glirdan (1)
Bom--> Boro (2)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #71
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Well, that 'brief trip to the mall' turned into a 'five hour expedition with screaming child in tow'. Nice to see that it's looking like a typical Day 1 so far.

I've got about 20 minutes, so I'll keep an eye on things before I vote. Nothing's really jumped out at me so far, though. Neither Boro nor Bom seem particularly wolfish to me. Seem more like typical catty actors, than anything.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #72
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
And it was entirely unintentional that my vote was the second for Boromir88.
You can't expect people to believe that you didn't consider it at all.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #73
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I seriously hope some more start showing up but I'm not sure how much we can rely on Nerwen or Shasta who can normally miss Day 1's. Or Tum who hasn't been here yet. Or sally even, and she's usually good about these sorts of things.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #74
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Alright. Didn't want to do this so earlier but it's safe and more beneficial usually to be known.

Don't lynch me. I'm the hunter and can only take down a wolf if I'm night killed.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47 PM   #75
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

BOROBOM, burarum!

Quote:
Bom calls Boro a wolf, probably as a joke, but without reason.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me you're not the seer and whether innocent or not I won't trust a word you say the remainder of this time.
Boro sounds concerned and rather, umm, harsh.

Quote:

. . .

This sounds queer. Very queer. Weirder than the regular-weird Bom.

Bom is also quick to proclaim his ordoship (he pointed out he's not a gifted earlier on)

Quote:
Right, we're supposed to distinguish your jokes from non-jokes, how? And you really think you can just get away joking around with clever names and not have someone say something about it?

You can't expect to go gallivanting around calling anyone you feel like a wolf and not expect the person to react. Especially me. I said what I said because I know you're either trying to be a silly innocent or a wolf. Either way, I don't trust you and I know for certain 2 roles you are not, thus if it comes down to it, I will have no issues voting for you.
First paragraph is ok.

I don't get the second. Only the wolves? Do you want to die as an ordo? You might be less, umm, afraid to die, but would you want to? Of course, if it involves saving a Gifted, I'd sacrifice myself. But otherwise, I'd rather live.

I can see what you're saying in the last bit.

Quote:

Last paragraph is weirder than usual.

Quote:
Granted I could have said what I wanted to a bit more kindly, but gotta learn at some point. Everyone's different and maybe others don't mind, but I've seen too many people get lynched on what were so-called jokes, and no one should expect to say whatever they want and not be questioned or challenged by it. Innocent intended jokes or not, I still know some things Bom is not.
Sounds good.

Quote:
And those would be? You've mentioned that you don't think I'm the Seer, but what else?
Bom continues to challenge.

Boro also posts a joke-post here. This post is an obvious joke. (Unlike Bom's, that could be interpreted any way.)

Quote:
Well, mustn't get too worked up about people latching on to me. (That seems to be becoming a theme of my games . . .)
Between the two of them, I find this quote the most suspicious. This was before they started fighting over nothing, though. But still.

Edit: xed since the vote count
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #76
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh my. That changes things.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #77
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Well, now. Boro's officially off my ordo list. Though whether he's moved to the 'wolf' list or the 'gifted' list will require a little more thought.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #78
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I don't know that I want to choose between Bom and Boro on the basis of toDay. Let's go another direction.

++McCaber

He makes a very effective evil submarine, and I don't recall seeing anything from him but a couple of easy jabs at Bom.

x/d with all since #73. Well, at least the Seer's got some good leads now....
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #79
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I don't get the second. Only the wolves? Do you want to die as an ordo? You might be less, umm, afraid to die, but would you want to? Of course, if it involves saving a Gifted, I'd sacrifice myself. But otherwise, I'd rather live.
I just explained this. The misconception is that it's only the wolves that don't want to die.

edit: x-ed since G55's post
Old 07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #80
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Role Clarification:

Quote:
Hunter: Sends me a name every Night. Cannot change the name during the Day. If the Hunter is killed, the person xe chose will only die if xe is a wolf.
The Hunter can take down a wolf if xe is lynched, but cannot kill an innocent. Same goes for Night-kills. Xe cannot change the choice during the Day, so whatever xe sent in overNight is who xe has chosen. Apologies if that was badly worded!