The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
WW XC: Lord of the Rings 2: The Quest For More Money

The Director examined the set for her new "movie". The perparations had been extensive. From hobbit holes to marshes to forests to a couple bonus bottomless pits, this set was ready for filming. Or at least, it would be, once the actors arrived. And several airplanes and a couple buses later, the cast started pulling in.

As the actors filed past, the Director pulled several aside. To one, she nervously said that all was not as it seemed, and warned to always keep a weapon on hand. To another, she stared wide-eyed and told of mystical auras that indicated truthful dreams. To a third, she gave a key to the props department (specifically, the weapons section) and a key to the expresso machine - staying up all night guarding people was tiring work, she explained. And to three others, she told the truth.

To these three actors, the Director explained that she wasn't really filming a movie. She was filming a reality TV show. These three actors would choose, every night, one person to disappear. They were given packets upon packets of fake blood and lots of choloroform.

"But they'll know they're not dead," one protested. "They'll still breathe."

"Get creative with the fake blood," the Director said. "Leave the rest to us."

Shrugging, the actors dispersed among the rest of the cast as they found their trailers - all well within the wall and gate surrounding the filming location, of course - and settled in for the Night.

Night One will start in forty minutes. Those with pms to send, feel free to send them to your heart's desire then. Oh, and invisibilty is key.

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
McCaber as Aragorn
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Inziladun as Elrond
Glirdy as Glorfindel
Nerwen as Galadriel
Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
As the three selected actors crept through the silent set, they debated amonst themselves which of their castmates to "kill". Just as they'd narrowed the list down to three - they'd started out with three candidates, so this wasn't as impressive as it sounds - one of them felt a finger tap them on the shoulder. The Director raised a finger in a "shh" motion and beckoned for the group to follow her over to one of the bottomless pits scattered around the set. Lying near it was a fake body, wearing the same clothes the Director had been wearing earlier.

"Well?" she said impatiently.

"Sorry, what?" one of the actors said.

"Fake blood," the Director prompted. The group got to work, transforming the obviously fake body into an obviously dead one. When they'd finished, the Director used another packet of fake blood to write on the rock next to the body.

"Now go act innocent," she told the actors. "You're on your own from now on."

The cast woke up pretty simultaneously, disturbed from their rest by someone screaming. The yawning actors gathered around the body.

"So...we still get paid, right?" Eruhen asked, breaking the silence.

"Did you not see the writing?" Tum said. "'Kill them before they get you'."

"Being paid is the last of our worries," Nerwen said.

"But how do we know who did this?" Eomer asked.

"It could be anyone," Glirdy said.

The others looked at each other warily.

"We vote, I suppose," Galadriel55 said.

Day 1 has started.

Starring

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
McCaber as Aragorn
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Inziladun as Elrond
Glirdy as Glorfindel
Nerwen as Galadriel

Dead

Lottie as The Director

Last edited by Loslote; 07-27-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, it's Day One, we all know how this works. ++Lott.... wait, what? You mean we can't vote her? But it's D1! Oh bother.

And I insist on still getting paid. No, change that. Paid extra.

With foes ahead, behind us dread,
Among the wolves shall be our bed,
Until at last our toil be passed,
The wolves all gone, our movie sped.

They must away! They must away!
They kill before the break of Day!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So...let me get this straight. We come to act on a film, and then on the morning of our first shoot, we find our director dead, with a note apparently written by the victim in her own blood saying we have to kill them before they kill us? We don't know who it is, according to Glirdan, and that means we should randomly guess and vote for each other's deaths, according to Galadriel the fifty-fifth. This does not sound like a good job to me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the contract.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
I don't remember seeing anything about lynch mobs in my contract. And I'm with G55 - I not only still want paid, I want paid extra.

And, just to make certain, that is Lottie, right? She learned directing under Mel Brooks, so she's fond of body doubles and special effects. Mac, Zil, Glirdy - wanna take a look at her, since you three are our resident medics?
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Most disconcerting, this. I came here to portray one who exemplified wisdom, and I shall do my best to discern the safest course of action for us. Money is nice, but for the moment I think safety is preferable.

It will be helpful if all make it a point to share their ideas, and not simply lurk in the background waiting for others to do so.

G55 seems a bit glib under the circumstances, perhaps. But then people have strange reactions sometimes to danger.

x/d with Eruhen- Unfortunately I lack the healing powers of the Lord of Imladris.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
This does not sound like a good job to me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the contract.
No, no, no! It wasn't! I want to run away from here, somewhere where they won't find me! ...But that can only mean going into the Old Forest! I can't be thinking of doing that. It is quite as dangerous as the Wolves. We might be lucky enough, you say? You won't have any luck in the Old Forest. No one ever has luck in there. You'll get lost. People don't go in there. ...only wolves.

*sigh*

Well, do as you think best! I am more afraid of the Old Forest than of anything I know about: the stories about it are a nightmare; but my vote hardly counts, as...

...Wait, did I just say that? Was that really part of the script?

Edit: x'd. Yay! Some posts!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

(Translation: Hoarding is evil. Wolves are hoarders. Wolves are evil. Those demading raises....just connect the dots).
Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
(Translation: Hoarding is evil. Wolves are hoarders. Wolves are evil. Those demading raises....just connect the dots).
I think you confused wolves with dragons.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 07-27-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

So it's that easy, then? Seems a bit too easy, rather like sending the Ring over Sea.

However, it's certainly possible we have evil ones among the first posters, excited about their work and confident.

x/d with G55
Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Hey dol! merry dol! Ring a dead dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! avenge fal the Director!
Tom Bom, omigod this is scary Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

. . . You know I was actually happy to be in this movie? But now I've half a mind to go postal on the lot of you! Killers and innocents alike, all dead . . . except for me of course. *sits a moment in utter glee*

But I suppose it's my job to protect you idiots. Ah well.

This voting idea sounds good t'me; I'd like to vote for Lottierector for getting us into this mess.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
...Wait, did I just say that? Was that really part of the script?
I don't know, I didn't read my script like they told me to. I figured knowing the book well enough would suffice.

I was looking forward to getting into character. Sam was always my favorite, and now we don't even get to act. Would it disturb anyone if I addressed them as though they were the characters they were supposed to play, and I was Sam? I'd love that. (Really.)

I agree that we should check the body to see if it's real. I was going to suggest someone try CPR in my first post (for real) but I figured with that much blood, it'd be kinda pointless. Maybe even dangerous, if the heart was pierces, seeing as CPR would...well, you know...wow, that's really disgusting thinking about it.

And I'm retiring for the night. I will be back about six hours before dead-line, probably.

-- Foley/Sam

Edit: x-ed with the last four posts, I think

Last edited by Folwren; 07-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

The dead-line, you say? Sounds awfully suspicious to me . . . (that was a joke, by the way )

On a less joke-y note, G55 looks . . . not suspicious, but unusual, to me. More gifted than wolf, it seems. Awfully fast to be making such a judgment, I know, but that's more or less normal for me.

Last edited by Bom Tombadillo; 07-27-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Bom Tombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #14
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
The director? My god.

Let's use my Ranger skills to figure out who did this.

(looks left)

(looks right)

(looks at blood)

Gotta be wolves, man. No other possible explanation.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
And I insist on still getting paid. No, change that. Paid extra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
I came here to portray one who exemplified wisdom, and I shall do my best to discern the safest course of action for us. Money is nice, but for the moment I think safety is preferable.
I too, "Master Elrond". Let me see, how did the script go– ah, yes– our production stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all. But hope remains while the Company is true.

Which is to say, I hope the film company will honour our contracts, but in the meantime we have more to worry about. [EDIT: as I already pointed out in the narration, apparently.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom
On a less joke-y note, G55 looks . . . not suspicious, but unusual, to me. More gifted than wolf, it seems. Awfully fast to be making such a judgment, I know, but that's more or less normal for me.
*coughing fit* You know, I don't think this is quite the time to be critiquing another actor's, er, talents, do you?

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-27-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #16
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:

This is one Dwarf, however, that gold has no power over. Just ask Nerwen; she foretold it, not me.

A tad quick to point the finger there, hmm, Tharkûn? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement, fearing for your own safety; for even the very wise cannot see all ends.

And, with that, I think I'll turn in for the night. See you in about eight hours.

Last edited by Eruhen; 07-27-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Interesting deduction, AraCaber. Please, dazzle us with your survivorship skills and tell us exactly what happened here? Because I spy an empty packet of blood under that bush there.... is this supposed to be some kind of joke? Well, whatever, I'm with GaladBolg and Gimlihen - I better be getting paid for this, or someone will be hearing from my lawyer.

In other news, not liking our happy singer Bom right now. Nope, not one bit.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #18
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
When was it decided I was a medic? I'm an actor here to claim justice for Glorfindel who was shafted by that role-theiving elf Arwen >_<

I'm too tired to even try and figure this out right now. I'm going to get a few hours of shut eye and then be back to help out.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #19
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
One cannot simply vote off and kill who seems most like a wolf! We have nothing to go on! Not with ten-thousand men (of the Wise) could you do this! It is folly!

We face an evil that does not sleep. I say we use this weapon of the enemy. Let us stay awake, and then we can find out who the wolves truly are, and then we can slay them all!

Oh, we're not filming? This isn't an acting exercise? Ah... Though actually, I suppose those points still remain.

edit: spelling
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #20
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ower busy to say muckle richt noo. Haein second breakfast, ken?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #21
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
. . . You know I was actually happy to be in this movie? But now I've half a mind to go postal on the lot of you! Killers and innocents alike, all dead . . . except for me of course. *sits a moment in utter glee*
Hey, what sort of Tom Bombadil are you? You're meant to be friendly, kind and save us from danger just by singing. Are you sure you're the right character?

edit: x-ed wi' Eomer. I've been Scotsed.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #22
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
edit: x-ed wi' Eomer. I've been Scotsed.
'er's plinty mair far 'at came fae, min!

I'd best prepare fur elevenses the noo, so nae time to offer ony insight yet.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:48 AM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
A tad quick to point the finger there, hmm, Tharkûn? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement, fearing for your own safety; for even the very wise cannot see all ends.
That's not applicable to wolves master Dwarf. The Ring required a very specific plan to be unmade and Gollum had a part yet to play in that tale.

The wolves part to play is to eat us and I assure you, show me who the wolves are, and my fire his hot enough to roast them.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
*coughing fit* You know, I don't think this is quite the time to be critiquing another actor's, er, talents, do you?
Indeed. Such ideas ought not to be said aloud, I think. Servants of evil may be anywhere, ever ready to use information like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
In other news, not liking our happy singer Bom right now. Nope, not one bit.
Because of the above mentioned words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
When was it decided I was a medic? I'm an actor here to claim justice for Glorfindel who was shafted by that role-theiving elf Arwen >_<
I really ought to defend Arwen, for obvious reasons, but in this case it simply cannot be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Master Peregrin seems to have his own fashion of speech. The other hobbits don't speak in that manner.

x/d with Boro
Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Translations of the Scotsman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
"Too busy to participate because I'm still finishing my meal from yesternight. I think I'll have Lottie's left shoulder loin for second breakfast, is that ok then with my packmates?"
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #26
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Good thing I was Scots-guarded. (Cue laughter.)

You'll notice that I didn't say anything in that transcript of events up there. That's because I, the tiny innocent child that I am, was horror-struck that our wonderful director was killed so viciously. I'm heartbroken, truly.

No, no, not from that angle, young man. If you lift the camera a mere few inches, you'll be able to capture this tear as it runs down my cheek. Very good, sir, carry on.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #27
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up satansaloser2005 likes this.

Quote:
Translations of the Scotsman:
"Too busy to participate because I'm still finishing my meal from yesternight. I think I'll have Lottie's left shoulder loin for second breakfast, is that ok then with my packmates?"
Do you think? If so, he's overacting (not that I would be surprised, really, as he's playing my dodgy, ridiculous cousin, and he as an actor is prone to dramatics anyway).

I'm craving some bacon on a stick. Does anyone have any? (An aside: A clever plan, truly, to capture anyone who says they have bacon on a stick. Who else but the villains would possess something so artfully crafted so early in the morning?)

No, young lady, I'm not wearing any makeup, honestly. And those rumors you heard are completely false. I don't go to the gym. I'm just naturally like this.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #28
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
. . . happy . . .
I resent the accusation that I am in any way happy with these events, because that would suggest that I am in a position to take advantage of it.

In other news . . . well, I do specialize in daring Day 1 declarations.

Oh dear, I seem to have become one of the alliterati. And with D, too! I prefer C, thank you.

*ahem* AS I was going to say before I was rudely interrupted by myself (several times, even!) my mind seems to be on the more, as Nerwen says, talented actors. (translation: it seems like anybody and everybody is dropping hints that they're Gifted. Including, in retrospect . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo
. . . my job to protect you all.
myself). So you'll excuse me if I make a few incautious comments about such.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #29
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Dark-Eye

*yawns* I wish Day One would start before the usual 3 hours before DL time.

So what do we have here so far?

Foley does not enjoy the situaton. She wants to act like Sam.
McCaber accuses the wolves of killing Lottie.
Shasta doesn't like Bom.
Eonwe doesn't really like Bom either.
Eruhen advises us not to be hasty with such serious maters as death. And wolves.
Boro detects fur on those demanding a pay rise.
Bom is being weird
Inziladun shares his wisdom with us.
Nerwen shares her own wisdom with us.
Glirdy denies Lottie his (questionable) medical skills.
Eomer ees baing unraiedabul, so Ah cennut saie.
Sally is distraught over Lottie's death.
Tum is too shocked to speak.
I recite my lines.

Edit: xed with Bom
Old 07-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #30
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
Bom is being weird
When am I not? I rather enjoy weirdness. Nonlethal weirdness, mind you; don't get any ideas there.

Well, since it's list-making time:

I am innocent by virtue of being me.
Sally is innocent by virtue of being amusing.
G55 is innocent-ish by virtue of being interesting and better left alive to be studied. Also, by virtue of complimenting me (see above).
Eomer of the Scothirrim is innocent by virtue of being amusing.
As far as the guilty go:
Boromir88 is guilty by virtue of attacking the Scot.
Nerwen is guilty by virtue of disliking something I said.
Shasta is guilty by virtue of not liking yours truly.
Eonwe is guilty by virtue of thinking I'm in the wrong role.
Inziladun is guilty by virtue of agreeing with Nerwolf.
Lottierector is guilty by virtue of having more than three wolves.
And finally, everybody else is guilty by virtue of escaping my notice.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
When am I not? I rather enjoy weirdness. Nonlethal weirdness, mind you; don't get any ideas there.
Point to a normal person here.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #32
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So I actually didn't realize how little time I had to post today which makes this my second post as well as my vote post as I have to leave for work very shortly and will not be back till three hours after DL.

So, just so I don't get modfired, random vote goes to

++Boromir88

Good luck all!

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-28-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Forgot the pluses in my vote.....
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #33
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Plusses, Pie.

EDIT: There's a good lad.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-28-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #34
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hmm, this seems a little quieter than most first days I can remember.

But Bom Tombadillo seems to be jumping to conclusions rather quickly. Just something to watch.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #35
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Point to a normal person here.
You'd be hard pressed to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
So I actually didn't realize how little time I had to post today which makes this my second post as well as my vote post as I have to leave for work very shortly and will not be back till three hours after DL.

So, just so I don't get modfired, random vote goes to

++Boromir88
Does this make Glirdy look bad for making a safe-seeming, random vote, or good for being so obvious about it? Hmm...
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #36
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, I'm back.

That came so naturally. I'm going to have to try Sam lines more often.

What a nasty mess you've made for me to clean up. That's another of his lines, I think. Well, not exactly, but it's certainly based off of it. I think it's when he's coming into Mordor and he notes that ... whatever.

Little to go from, as is usual on Day 1. I don't like Day 1. I always feel guilty about voting for anybody becaus there's never any real evidence against anybody. Especially when someone like me comes along and doesn't know how people normally act.

McCaber, I kind of see your point about Bom Tombadil, but it doesn't sound like the conclusions a guilty person would come to. For instance, if he really was a wolf, he would prolly keep things quiet about people being gifted and just hold onto it himself. I also kinda doubt he's gifted himself.

(Tell me again why we're calling the murderers wolves? Besides Aracaber's brilliantly bad sleuthing skills?)

I'd like to see more from Eomer.

-- Foley/Sam

X-posted with Inzil
Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #37
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom
So you'll excuse me if I make a few incautious comments about such.
No, I won't. There's no reason to do such, if you're innocent.

Will likely vote Bom today. DL is at 7:00 pm CST, right?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #38
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Let's be honest Glirdanindel you didn't know who to vote for and so your random vote is really just voting for me because you knew I would not be offended? Seeing as we go back a ways and are essentially brothers?

Fairy nuff, since I've done the same before. Not knowing who to vote for, so my random Day 1 pick usually falls to you if I have to make one.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #39
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Seem to remember fowk latching onto Bom's, shall we say, daring playing style in the last game. He'd be a great bold wolf because now I'm thinking it's just his style.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Oh dear, I seem to have become one of the alliterati. And with D, too! I prefer C, thank you.
Yep, you're basically a Cobbler, even though there isn't one.

Quote:
Oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Hmm, this seems a little quieter than most first days I can remember.
Yes! Definitely. Less three hours left and there and altogether we have only spoken 36 times.