The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #241
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Sending in the wrong kill would be an obvious tipoff to the Forge members of who the KD was, though.
If there are 2 members and the KD left, though, the KD can accidentally kill one of the members. He would be known to the other member anyways, as he's the only one left. This is certainly a good situation for the KD.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #242
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It's funny, this has been brought up before, but I didn't really give it much thought, because I thought it'd be cheating for the KD to send in a name that the others didn't agree upon.

Whoever sends the Mod a name can send the same message to all the other Forges. Does that take care of it?

-- Foley
Old 08-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #243
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
It's funny, this has been brought up before, but I didn't really give it much thought, because I thought it'd be cheating for the KD to send in a name that the others didn't agree upon.

Whoever sends the Mod a name can send the same message to all the other Forges. Does that take care of it?

-- Foley
I'd require it. The name has to be copied to all Forges. That way a player can't send in another name and "forget" to tell the others.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #244
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
because I thought it'd be cheating for the KD to send in a name that the others didn't agree upon.
Ha ha! What some people call "cheating" others call "clever underhanded play".

But yes, if you don't wish for that sort of thing, demanding the message be sent to all parties ought to solve things, though as I saw someone point out, if it was down to 2 Forge members and the KD the KD would be more than willing to PM a kill of one of the Forge members to all parties, as once he did so that person would be dead and the Forge would be powerless to stop him.

Unless you have a rule that a kill PM can be nullified if it is overruled by at least 2 Forge members.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #245
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, so this is me saying good luck to everyone in the first couple of days. Don't create to much chaos *coughphantomcough* while I'm away! I'd say try not to post too much either, but then I'd be bored when I come back :P So, this adieu for a few days and I will see you all on Monday.

PS: I may get to meet another Canadian Downer, miss Bethberry!! Sorry that I can't get your info Galadriel, but we're on a tight schedule because of the wedding Hopefully next time I make a trip your way we can meet up!!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #246
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Having heard no protests thus far, I take it either no one minds that I'm going to give additional directions and priviledges to the sweetheart, the KD, and the watchdwarf, or no one has seen that I wrote that I wanted to. These special instructions will only be given to those three characters.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, see my previous post.

-- Folwren
Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #247
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This DL is going to kill me. Expect very little from me around DL on weekdays.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #248
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Having heard no protests thus far, I take it either no one minds that I'm going to give additional directions and priviledges to the sweetheart, the KD, and the watchdwarf, or no one has seen that I wrote that I wanted to. These special instructions will only be given to those three characters.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, see my previous post.

-- Folwren
It is your game. We are your labrats...

Does the Forge have 4 members including or excluding the King's Dwarf?

And is the deadline AM or PM ?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #249
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Okay, so this is me saying good luck to everyone in the first couple of days. Don't create to much chaos *coughphantomcough* while I'm away! I'd say try not to post too much either, but then I'd be bored when I come back :P So, this adieu for a few days and I will see you all on Monday.
We'll be good!

Quote:
PS: I may get to meet another Canadian Downer, miss Bethberry!! Sorry that I can't get your info Galadriel, but we're on a tight schedule because of the wedding. Hopefully next time I make a trip your way we can meet up!!
Darn! Another Downer passing right by me...

Quote:
I don't mind at all. It will be interesting to find out what these were when they take place.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #250
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So slightly good news! I have wi-fi acess in my hotel room! Downside, I will still not be able to post as much if at all as we will be in a vehicle all day. I'll try and post if possible but I am not making any promises.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #251
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am glad to hear that Glirdan.

It's PM Mithalwen.

Sorry the deadline time is bad for you Sally.

-- Foley
Old 08-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #252
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks that is quite good then won't be watching the whites of my eyes turn red.....

Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #253
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tomorrow morning I will send out roles. Night One will start at 4:00 PM EST.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #254
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

I'm a bit sad I have to miss this one, but I'm very glad it will finally work out! Have fun everybody and enjoy the Dwarven romance of the century.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #255
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Tomorrow morning I will send out roles. Night One will start at 4:00 PM EST.
I don't suppose there's any way the DL could be just one hour later, is there? Possibly?

Honestly, it wouldn't be right of me to play with this DL. I'll be gone all day, almost every Day, and I'm not in a position to be able to check the Downs at work. I'll think about it for a couple of hours and let you know if I can actually manage the stress. We'll see.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-13-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: capitalization
Old 08-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #256
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, we can move it one hour. 5:00 PM EST would be fine with me. Would that be better? Please don't go, Sally.

-- Foley
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #257
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Roles are sent. If you didn't get one, let me know, because you should've. If I messed up on something, let me know and we'll have to re-do this.

I will send out those additonal instructions for the Sweetheart and KD and Night Watchdwarf later...once I finish canning peaches.

This afternoon at 5:00 P.M. EST, Night One Phase will begin. I will start the thread and post the first post at that time (hopefully, anyway...)

-- Folwren
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #258
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I guess my mind was made up for me. :/
Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #259
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yep. .... I hope you wanted to play, though.

Game starts in 1.5 hours. Please set your options to Invisibility Mode.

-- Folwren
Old 08-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #260
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yep. .... I hope you wanted to play, though.

Game starts in 1.5 hours. Please set your options to Invisibility Mode.

-- Folwren

As long as no one uses my lack of posting to try to lynch me (Forge, I'm looking at you) I don't really care. I'll do my best.

Note: I make the above statement without knowledge of my role. I'm going to go check my PM now.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #261
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No kill the first night, Forges.

Good luck, everybody. I hope the game is fair.

-- Folwren
Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #262
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The question has come up about whether or not roles will be revealed upon death. I haven't been quite sure what I wanted to do, but now that the game has started, I think I need to decide.

So, based on the way I plan to narrate the story/game, I think that roles will be revealed as long as the King's Dwarf is still alive. After that, there might be some revelations, but not necessarily. You will definitely know when the King's Dwarf dies. If the Sweetheart has found the King's Dwarf by the time she dies, you'll know when she dies. However, if the King's Dwarf is dead and the Night Watchdwarf is killed, you may not know it is he.

Is that definite enough, or do you want to know for a certainty what their roles are when they die?

-- Folwren
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So you'd reveal roles until the KD dies, and then not afterward? That sounds fine, I suppose, but I'm not sure why you'd be doing it. (I'm on my phone and am also really tired, sorry.)

Either way is fine with me, as long as it's decided and clear before the game properly starts.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #264
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'll just reveal the roles. It'll be okay.

-- Foley
Old 08-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #265
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

K, sorry I totally spaced, got distracted looking at future career stuffs and didn't remember til about 10 minutes ago, I was luckily able to get my break early to come on. And these posts were done on my phone (the higlighting took forever!) so sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #266
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Or, you know, my phone could die. :/
Old 08-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #267
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sorry for non-vote– yes, I know I always do this, but honestly my internet went down.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #268
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm home now. Sorry about the lack of highlighting on the vote. I was in a rush.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #269
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
I probably won't be here much, if at all, the next couple of days. I've got about 1200 miles to go in two days to pick up a family member, so don't expect to see me before Friday. Maybe late Thursday.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #270
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch from the game thread
Foley's last word on the Admin thread was we'd know when the KD died. If she's changed her mind about that, it would be fair to let everybody know.
Haha, I feel smart. I picked up on a hint.

Okay, yeah, I've decided to not reveal when the KD is killed. Which means my narrations will change a little bit, withdrawing from his point of view hence forward.

-- Folwren
Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #271
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Awww, and I was going to be able to participate a lot toDay. Well, hope everyone has fun!

And I'm afraid Glirdy has to drop out, he has no internet access for the next little while so there's no way for him to come on. He's really sorry!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #272
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Haha, I feel smart. I picked up on a hint.

Okay, yeah, I've decided to not reveal when the KD is killed. Which means my narrations will change a little bit, withdrawing from his point of view hence forward.

-- Folwren
Bother. Really?

Also, bad Canadian desserts. Bad, I say.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #273
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
And I'm afraid Glirdy has to drop out, he has no internet access for the next little while so there's no way for him to come on. He's really sorry!
Oh come on! We could've lynched him yesterDay!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #274
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sorry it's late. I was out on the opposite side of our property on horseback at 4:00 before I realized what time it was.

Also, I know that in the narration for Galadriel's death, I made her a 'she'. Then in Rikae's death, I made her a 'he'. It was hard to make Gal a she, as I feel in the story they'd all be he's. Anyway, that being said, don't take anything having to do with those pronouns to be hints as to whether or no they were the KD.

-- Foley
Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #275
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I will not be here come deadline time. So, come 5:00 PM EST, please stop posting as usual. I'll be back to evaluate the damage and write the narration as soon as possible.

-- Folwren
Old 08-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #276
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Do we do post-game discussion on this thread or the other thread?
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #277
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Ah well, I have to leave shortly, so I'll go ahead and start the discussion rolling here...

My joke-votes on Pitch weren't entirely a joke, as you can see now. I was provided with a perfect excuse from my conversations with Sally, but I never would've gone so far as to cast an actual vote against Pitch (let alone three) only for a laugh. I'm unpredictable, but surely you don't think I'm that crazy.

My votes were meant to be a signal to him that I thought him to be the KD (in light of my "lynch the KD" plan) and thus he could count on me paying attention to him.

And at what point did I begin to think him the KD and why?

His very very first post, of course. But I'll leave it to Pitch to spell out the details.

(PS- Sorry I had to lynch you Pitch, but not only was it funny, but I'm also quite paranoid at times and I couldn't shake this nagging fear that the KD and SHeart were given secret instructions to try and survive alone as a lover-pair, i.e. you would've continued your nightly killings.)

Last edited by the phantom; 08-19-2011 at 05:55 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #278
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to say, Pitch's trilogy-hinting was very clever - everyone knew from Day one who he was, and there was no way to undo the damage. Of course I didn't enjoy being a wolf in the position, essentially, of having a seer that had dreamt us all on Night one, but that's how experimental games go, and I do admire Pitch's hinting skill: everyone knew what he meant, but it still didn't count as a reveal. Nicely done.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #279
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

You ruined my fun. Pitch.

But that hinting was neat.

And, by the way - I think I'm the dwarf with the golden beard in the first narration. Aren't I, Foley?

Great game everyone, and great modding on Foley's part! Thank you!

Edit: xed with Rikae. I still don't get what all the trilogy talk was about.

Oh, and who was the SH? Mith, I had a random thought it was you because of your siggy. :P

Edit2: the sad thing is that we only managed to dispose off one non-forger (Glirdy dropped out, so that doesn't count). ONE!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-19-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Galadriel55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #280
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Which one the Arnold or the Larkin? Neither were especially romantic - I would have chosen Tennyson's Mariana or Yeats or maybe a bit of ee cummings or darling Rupert "Oh death will find me long ere I tire" maybe . But no it wasn't me - I don't think I would use my sig for that purpose though I was seriously tempted to change it back to "You're so vain; you probably think this sig is about you".