The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #121
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Nog was in no trouble, and yes he's a likely wolf target...but seriously you can say everyone is a wolf target! Lommy, Legate, Pitch, Inzil, sally, Izzy myself, you...wilwa I swear everyone has been killed by the wolves on Night 1 before.
I think many of those people would have also revealed in this situation, atleast I would have anyway (and I've been killed first night only once in 20 games). But with potentially 2 Night kills it is a risk to not get that information known. I suppose it doesn't make "perfect" sense, but it makes more sense then the other scenarios.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #122
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I don't need your enthusiasm. I need your vote for a wolf. Simple as that.
That's one thing in your favor, is with the ratio of wolves to innocent, making the seer reveal now as opposed to if you are in lynch-danger, you face the threat of having more sinister minds around to try to discredit the reveal and actually get you lynched.

But, excuse me for not immediately buying you're claim to be the innocent seer. Nor, if you are, being very happy with our seer being out on Day 1, when I don't see the reason in it. It may very well be true that this was the best thing you could do for the village, but you've questioned some things I've done as an innocent, so don't mind my questioning of what the udun you're doing if you're innocent.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #123
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
I don't need your enthusiasm. I need your vote for a wolf. Simple as that.
I just realised that might sound rude. Sorry Boro. That was not intentional (if it sounded rude).

What I meant - with my ear for English language - was: I don't need you to enthusiastically join the lynch, we just need you to join it, whatever your feeling about my status is.

As you guys discussed, even the wolf-seer would give a wolf - not delivering a wolf would be madness indeed as that would result in a firm lynch the next Day. But as has been noted, a wolfseer would not do that on D1 as s/he would have a wolfranger to protect him the first gameNight. So s/he would act on D2 the earliest.

And well, there's lots to discuss toMorrow. But now I need to go to sleep for real.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #124
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Decisions, decisions.

I think it likely Nog really is some sort of Seer. I do think it's unusual for him to have revealed this early, especially when he was in no danger of being lynched. Normally, if a revealed Seer's dream turns out to be a wolf, we have a pretty good indication they're legitimate. That isn't the case this time. However, regardless of whether he's a wolf or the Seer, he now has a large target on his back. If he's a wolf, I can't see him thinking this would really be a smart move.
Also we have twice the risk of being Night-killed than normal, so maybe that does explain his wanting to get this out soonish.

++Lommy

x/d with Wilwa, Boro, and Nog
Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #125
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I just realised that might sound rude. Sorry Boro. That was not intentional (if it sounded rude).
Did not take it as rude, and I was probably more rude in my last post. Apologies if it was.

Quote:
And well, there's lots to discuss toMorrow. But now I need to go to sleep for real.
That we can agree on.

++Lommy
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #126
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
OK, that changes quite a lot of things.
So I have no idea what kind of Seer Nog is, if any at all (but I'm inclined to believe he's one of the three, as Lommy would be a totally plausible choice of dream for him), and I have to go to bed much too urgently to be able to think it all through toDay. All I know is that I don't see any logical thing for us to do toDay except to follow his dream. Even a wolf-Seer wouldn't risk claiming an innocent to be a wolf, as it would disprove his reveal immediately, so whatever he is, we'll be down one wolf toMorrow and have time to worry about Nog then.

Therefore,
++Lommy

Good night.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #127
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Gotta sleep too now...

++Lommy
Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
with potentially 2 Night kills it is a risk to not get that information known. I suppose it doesn't make "perfect" sense, but it makes more sense then the other scenarios.
Potentially what, 5 kills? Okay that would be tough luck indeed. But the potential is enormous, much higher than in a normal game.

Also I knew Lommy is a wolf and that made me think it highly possible she would like to affect her bunch they checked me - like I needed to know her first.

Okay. Good night!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #129
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Sting

++ Lommy

It's a seer claim. Looks like a great shot at bagging a wolf to me.

X-Posted with Pitchwife, wilwa, and Nogrod.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #130
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sally 63
Sally likes to try to reveal quietly... an Italicized "I" adds an emphasis which is odd.

Quote:
post 66 from sally "Of course, I'm by no means saying we should ignore seer reveals. If a 'seer' comes forward, we take their alleged dreams into account, blah blah. What I'm saying is that we won't know which seer they are, so while we can trust their dreams (hopefully!) we can't trust that they themselves are innocent.
trust a wolf seer really?
Quote:
"post 48 In other news, I ain't trying this game, at least not like I did last time. I got suspected for trying too hard so if I'm going to be in trouble either way I'm not going to waste hours I could spend doing something productive doing an analysi post Having said that, I'll still be semi-active. Just not a lot of wordy brain power."
Quote:
83 And I'm not even on Lommie's list.
with all the votes on Lommy I wonder if Sally was left off because she forgt to include her knowing her role

Ok realized DL is really really soon... so just to say after Quickly passing over the few pages here

Sally seems to have the most trouble.

++Sally
Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #131
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am going to trust Nog on this and ...

++Lommy
Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #132
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
++ Lommy

It's a seer claim. Looks like a great shot at bagging a wolf to me.

X-Posted with Pitchwife, wilwa, and Nogrod.
Did I miss this post?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #133
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*insert Morsul's 'analysis' of me*

Wow. That's....that's just special, Morsul. Lol. *pets you*

I'd like to point out that not only does that make no sense, it's....just wrong. Lol.

EDIT: Aw, crap, I forgot that it wouldn't quote the whole post. I've removed the quote 'cause it just looks silly. His conclusions just don't make sense, that's what I'm trying to say.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Did I miss this post?
Yup. Yup, you did. Poor thing. *gives cookie*
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Aaaand everyone just lazes for the rest of the Day.

Is anyone hanging around?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #136
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In the interests of full disclosure, I'd like to say the last sentence of my last post was added a few minutes later.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #137
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

by the way with 6/14 wolves you have about 50% chance of being a wolf... so it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Of course I can't use a computer just to "pop" in and out all day I had to read and vote in about 20 minutes I'm sorry you feel my thoughts aren't fully formed.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #138
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Is anyone hanging around?
I'm here. In a dress.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #139
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Question for the moddess: will we be notified when a wolf dies, of which pack they are from?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Question to the Moddess:
What happens if both packs together equal or outnumber the innocents? Do they devour the innocents jointly before turning against each other (as I'd assumed), or does one of the packs have to outnumber the innocents by themselves?
They do not. There can only be one pack to eat the innocents.

Snuggles to the first person to give me a vote count...

Last edited by Loslote; 03-22-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #140
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
by the way with 6/14 wolves you have about 50% chance of being a wolf... so it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Of course I can't use a computer just to "pop" in and out all day I had to read and vote in about 20 minutes I'm sorry you feel my thoughts aren't fully formed.
No, sorry, I thought you'd read everything and had still seen fit to vote me. This way makes a lot more sense.

Although you still took my posts completely out of context. Doesn't bother me that much, as long as you make sure to read them the right way so you get the right idea of what I was talking about.

And thanks for the clarification, Elf. Lol I need to come up with a nickname for you. Tewie just looks weird to me and I don't feel polite saying EW.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm here. In a dress.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #142
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm feeling more sympathetic with Nerwen's edit situation now. You can just call me TEW.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #143
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*likes snuggles*

Kit-->Dun
Lommie-->Shasta
Nog-->Lommie
Legate-->Pitch
A bunch of people-->Lommie
Morsul-->Sally
More people-->Lommie

So....
Lommie: a lot
Dun, Shasta, Pitch, Sally: 1

Close enough?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #144
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Modess, should we disable the highlighting when we quote a vote?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #145
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Kit--> Me (1)

Lommy--> Shasta (1)

Nog--> Lommy (1)

Legate--> Pitch (1)

Sally--> Lommy (2)

Me--> Lommy (3)

Boro--> Lommy (4)

Pitch--> Lommy (5)

Wilwa--> Lommy (6)

TEW--> Lommy (7)

Morsul--> Sally (1)

Izzy--> Lommy (8)

x/d with Sally- no snuggles for me
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #146
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*snuggles Sally...and Zil too*

Elfie, that would be lovely.

EDIT: Just had to snuggle Zil.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #147
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Deadline. Hush up, y'all.

EDIT: Dang it, computer clock's fast. Sowie.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #148
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Kit-->Dun
Lommie-->Shasta
Nog-->Lommie
Legate-->Pitch
Sally-->Lommie
Dun-->Lommie
Wilwa-->Lommie
Pitch-->Lommie
Boro-->Lommie
Elf-->Lommie
Morsul-->Sally
Izzy-->Lommie

Which makes it Lommie 8, Dun, Shasta, Pitch, and Sally 1.

Yet to vote: Shasta, Nerwen

EDIT: x'd, lol. *snuggles Dun, btw*
Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #149
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And Silly Sally said to Little Lottie....why aren't you on IM? I miss you.

*zips it, for it be DL*
Old 03-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #150
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

"Oh, no!" wailed the villagers in carefully coordinated unison. "Lottie and Hakon are dead!"

"Wait, wait!" Sally said. "Try that line again, but this time to the tune of Yankee Doodle."

"Yankee Doodle?" Zil asked.

"Nah. Let's try singing it to a simple scale," Kit suggested.

Everyone tried it and agreed that they sounded good.

"We sound good," Nerwen said.

"We could form a band and go on a world tour," Wilwa suggested.

"Except for the fact that six of us are evil," Shasta pointed out.

"Well, other than that," Pitchie said.

"We could go Carribean," Izzy said, pulling out a couple of coconuts.

"Where'd you get coconuts?" Elfie asked. "We live next to Belegaer; there are no coconuts here."

"Maybe they migrated," Shasta said.

"Migrating coconuts?" Nerwen groaned.

"Maybe a penguin brought it," Boro suggested. All eyes turned to Lommy.

"Don't be silly," Nog said. "Penguins can't fly."

"Yeah, but if she tied the coconuts to her legs she might be able to float," Morsul said.

"Penguins can float anyway," Zil said.

"Penguins swim. They can't fly," Lommy said.

"Then how did you bring the coconuts?" Sally asked.

"I didn't!" Lommy said.

"I'm confused and my head hurts where someone dropped a coconut on it," Pitchie moaned.

"Let's settle this once and for all," Wilwa said.

"Yeah!" Morsul agreed. "Let's throw her off a cliff and see if she flies!"

"I was thinking we could just ask Izzy where she got the coconuts," Wilwa said. "But your way is more fun."

"Wait, what?" Lommy said.

So the villagers threw Lommy off the handy-dandy nearby cliff into the ocean. A few minutes later, a drowned wolf's body washed up onshore. It had a crystal ball clutched in its jaws.

~~~

Living:
Kit
Sally
Pitchie
Zil
Morsul
Wilwa
Boro
Nog
Shasta
The Elf-warrior
Nerwen
Izzy
Legate

Dead:
Lottie (amazingness itself )
Hakon (co-mod)
Lommy (seer!wolf for Pack Ladybug)
Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #151
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

"I'm scared," one of the Aphidian wolves whimpered. "Did you see what happened to Lommy? Those villagers are evil!"

"That's why we're killing Nerwen," xyr packmate said. "She's the scariest of the lot."

"Oh. Right. I forgot," the first wolf said.

But when they got to Nerwen's house, they realized they weren't alone.

"What are you doing here?"

"What are we doing here? What are you doing here?" asked one of the Ladybug Wolves.

"We're killing Nerwen!"

"Oh no you're not! We're killing Nerwen!"

"Oh no you're not," Nerwen agreed, and ran away.

"Now look what you've done!"

"Why is she attacking Sally?"

"I don't know, but somehow, I don't really mind."

"Noo!" wailed Sally. "Save me, my love!"

"I can not!" cried Shasta, kneeling beside her. "But I swear, by Day's end, I will have joined you in death.

"Why are they getting the spotlight?" Nerwen grumbled. "I'm the one getting wolf-killed here."

"Actually, we'd quite forgotten," an Aphidian admitted. "Thanks for reminding us!"

"...dang," Nerwen said. She tried to run again, but was too slow, and was caught and killed.

"Hmm," a Ladybug said. "Tasty enough, I suppose, but she pales in comparison to last Night's dinner."

"Trufax," an Aphidian agreed. "Too much running beforehand."

"Next time we mustn't let them run."

"Definitely."

"Hey, look! A cliff!" Morsul said, and jumped over it.

"What was that?" Shasta asked.

"He had to quit," Lottie said. "He can explain why if he wants to."

"Ah. Hey, wait - you're dead!"

"Oh, I'm just awesome. Don't try to understand."

"Okay."

~~~

Dead:
Lottie (delicious dinner)
Hakon (minion)
Lommy (Ladybug Seer!wolf)
Nerwen (Hunter)
Sally (Lover)
Morsul (Ordo)

Half-Dead:
Shasta (doomed Lover)

Living:
Kit
Pitchie
Zil
Wilwa
Boro
Nog
The Elf-warrior
Izzy
Legate

Commence Day 2!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #152
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

ahaha, the wolves actually go for the same person and there is still massive death....fabulous.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

So...both packs went after Nerwen, who was the Hunter. She killed Sally, who was one of the Lovers. And Shasta was the other half of the Lover pair, and he dies at the end of the Day? And now there are five wolves and five ordos alive, including Shasta.
Nog?

x/d with Boro
Old 03-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #154
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nog?
After finally reserving our plane-tickets to the US I stalled in discussions on the healthcare bill in there and am awake still (seriously needs to go to sleep now).

But I have good and bad news to you.

The good news are, my dream was not wasted with the number of deaths that occured last Night.

The bad news are I can't produce a wolf to you.

Let's see some arguments. I'll take part as soon as my school-day is over.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #155
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
...Well that's fun. And me without my revenge kill.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #156
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Wow, so our worst case scenario yesterDay of the hunter, lovers and whatnot all being chosen actually almost happened. Luckily they had both chosen Nerwen, or that could have been far worse.

I doubt anyone is surprised Sally was a lover, she practically admitted it yesterDay with the whole "I'm not on any team thing". Kind of surprised then that Nerwen hunted her, I suppose she must have not seen what I saw.

So 10 people left. Well ShastaLove will be dead by the end of the Day, Nog is the Seer, so that's 8 people left. 5 of them are wolves, the other 3 are what, Ranger, Unicorn and Anti-Lover? So we don't actually have ordos than? Is my math right?

If I'm right than Nog has dreamt of either the Ranger, Unicorn or Anti-Lover. If it's the Ranger he should stay quite, since they're crazy valuable. If it's the Unicorn I suppose it doesn't matter either way, since they're good to have alive, but if they do die we just get another innocent back anyways. Would be nice to have the Anti-Lover known, since they are fairly harmless, half their mission is done, they just want to live now, I actually like the idea of having a completely unbiased person around anyway, and that's one less person we have to worry about (though, actually also one less person the wolves have to worry about, and at this point having a harmless known innocent around should be the least of their worries).

*is excited to know, and is hopeful that it's what she hopes it is*

*goes to sleep*

Be back in about 10 hours.

x'ed with Shasta, and fixed some odd spelling mistakes

Last edited by wilwarin538; 03-23-2010 at 08:22 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #157
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
...Well that's fun. And me without my revenge kill.
I believe last time you were a Lover with a revenge kill you started spouting Shakespeare and killed me, if I'm remembering that correctly. So I'm kind of happy you don't have one. Though I wouldn't mind some Shakespeare, might make up for a few things.

*goes to bed for real this time*
Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #158
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So.. how did Morsul end up dying?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #159
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I'd like to correct something I said yesterDAY. I also played Werewolf with the late Sally in Werewolf XLVIII, Virtual Reality. Wilwa, that "I'm on no team thing," passed me by. After I read about her desire to run away with Nilp/Shasta, I suspected they were lovers, but that suspicion slipped from me in the hustle and bustle of other things. Also, I realized that the lovers aren't really evil. I wouldn't have thought that a lover would be so blatant about it. When I read that the two were lovers, I thought to myself that I should have known.

Something caught my eye in one of Lommy's posts,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflomien
Izzy - gives me good vibes this far. No idea why since she didn't talk much more sense than anybody else.
Could Lommy have dreamed of Izzy? On the other hand, she may be Lommy's packmate. Or I'm reading too much into this statement.

Looking back at the rules, I noticed that a wolf!seer is told the gifts of his or her dreamee. Maybe Lommy dreamed of Nerwen and told her pack. However, this doesn't explain why both packs ate her. Was Nerwen putting out hunter vibes I completely missed?

I'm not surprised neither pack went after Nogrod. I think one of the trains of wolf thinking going on was that if they left Nogrod alive, people would be more likely not to trust him. This wouldn't neutralize his potential wolf reveals, but it would make people less likely to trust his analysises and innocent reveals. Also, it is/was likely that the ranger protected Nogrod. In conclusion, I don't find Nogrod's continued survival very suspicious.

Isabellkya, I think Morsul asked to be killed because RL was too encroaching.
Quote:
"Hey, look! A cliff!" Morsul said, and jumped over it.

"What was that?" Shasta asked.

"He had to quit," Lottie said. "He can explain why if he wants to."
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #160
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Looking at what the living (excluding Nog), said of Lommy.

Quote:
Lommy:
#24: answers Legate about revival mechanics, agrees with his concern about the number of wolves, is worried by the presence of two packs, warns against wasting votes and voting random (good point); gives a list of impressions so far (which I won't recap here, because most of it is just either/or);
#34: thinks I'm too careful/serious, agrees with Nog about wilwa's question in #25, is pessimistic about the killing speed; wilwa's song not a cobbler hint as there is no cobbler; agrees w/ Nerwen's call for discussion of game mechanics and offers some ideas, which I'd like to comment on:

This sounds completely plausible to me - getting rival wolves lynched will help them gain our trust while they go on eating us under cover of the Night. But then -

Both Legate (who called it a 'good remark') and Nerwen agreed with this; and it's true, of course. But what exactly is the point of stating it? In other words, is there any conclusion to be drawn from this warning that will be in any way helpful, other than that we should mistrust those who make good cases and put effort into finding wolves? In that case, whom should we trust, or rather, on what basis should we decide whom to trust? Or shouldn't we trust anybody at all? Thanks, I think we knew that to begin with...
Conclusion so far: two lengthy posts that sound reasonable enough, but most of it is actually general remarks about the situation and being wavery about people, looking more helpful than she really is (especially that last point I've just commented on).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Not worried about:

Lommy - for some reason, not looking like her Wolfish self.
Morsul - looking like his innocent self (although that said, I haven't been playing with him for some time, so he might have "developed").
Quote:
Which leaves Lommy- Active. Maybe a little 'Captain Obvious' stuff, but nothing radar-pinging.
Quote:
I have a feeling I'm going to have a difficult time finding someone to vote for. I have some weird vibes from some, like Sally for her anti-realism, and Shasta's Nilpyness (which I find funny, but unhelpful/unnecessary), and Pitch, but I think I always get bad vibes from him Day 1, then usually feel better later on, so I likely wouldn't vote for him. I do feel quite good about Kit, Izzy and Lommy, and Nog and Inzil aswell, since they all seem to act the way I would expect them too. So I'm not sure yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Slightly more greener area, i.e. more inclined to think as innocents (okay, now I see I should have chosen to distribute the color scheme somewhat differently, but whatever): Lommy (genuine-looking), Morsul (looking like his innocent self), Boro (honestly reasonable-looking)
Quote:
Would like to trust, but ain't sure I can:
Boro - not sure why, but he feels more innocentish than usual this time. There could be some collusion 'tween him and sally or not, I don't know.
Legate - most of what he says is sensible, maybe too good to be true? What I'm most worried about is the amount of agreement between him, Lommy and Nerwen.
Lommy - as I said before, looking mostly sensible but hard to really pin her down on either side.
x/d with TEW