The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #81
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Huh, you people are posting a lot and my brain actually hurts. A pause from ww seems to be no good...

In my brain, Wilwa and Sally are currently not making much sense. Wilwa I can excuse by her loss of blood but Sally... eh, darling, have you taken some illegal substances?

Well, I have to admit Wilwa makes some sense but sometimes I don't get her logic. She got me wondering about the end conditions of this game. If there's 2 of each team (2 wolves from team 1, 2 wolves from team 2, 2 innocents) the game continues as normal, right? Or what? But I still think it makes the most sense to kill the wolf-packs one by one, at least to me.

Sally is all banter, and makes weird points. Either because she refuses to explain them because of avoiding being too reasonable or either because she's laying traps, but it still confuses me.

There's something that doesn't quite sit right with me with Ewie. He is somehow too humble, or something. Humble as in "quick to admit one's own mistakes and vices" which is something wolves are more prone to do, because they know they're evil. I think his actions are worth following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Although with the time zone differences, I guess this means we won't have much time together? 'Tis a pity.
Yes, less of personal Dr Boro therapy for me, I guess.

Nogrod is making mountains out of molehills (eg. Nerwen editing issue) but because it's so characteristic of him, I will let it pass.

As for the seer reveals, I don't think we need to bother about them so much now. Like somebody said, wolf claims are probably true and if they aren't, then we have a stupid false seer. And we can always lynch a seer claimant - there's after all at least 1/3 chance s/he's a wolf. (Pretty drastic, I know, but mathematically it makes sense. That's why I hate matemathical arguments.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I mean the wolves are in just as much trouble as we are. To me the people who are playing Chicken Little look bad, because they're making people panic and when people panic they make mistakes. Is that what they want, perhaps? I mean seriously. Why make it seem so bad for the innocents, when really it's just as bad for the wolves and they're in even bigger trouble than we are? I'm just sayin', it seems like tactical fear mongering, not actual concern.
Ehh what? As well I could say now that you're (hmm what would be a good word...?) big bad wolfing (?) now by claiming the wolves are in trouble. Actually that would be a far more wolvish thing to do - to lull the villagers to a false sense of security.

And I don't think we've had any too pessimistic stormcrows. At least I think I (and those whose points I recall) have been just realistic. And it's (almost) always better to be too wary than too trusting in werewolf. And still some things are facts. We do not have as big chances of winning as in a normal game. It can't be so with three teams competing for victory. But if we accept the fact that we have a 1/3 chance of winning, then we are on a realistic ground. Maybe to some it is pessimism to say it aloud, but it's realism. It doesn't make me especially happy either, but we just have to live with it. At least each wolf pack has also only 1/3 chance of winning, even though the probability of a wolf victory is 2/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I do not like how Legate connected himself to Nogrod in terms of Nog will come and lynch all of the Day One Jokers. I think in the meta-game sense, about eighteen posts of first Day joking is on the small side, when it could and has easily turned into two pages.
That actually troubled me too, although it feeling bad to me didn't seem to have any reasonable gorunds back then nor does it now. What would a wolf-Legate profit from threatening villagers with Nogrod? Don't get it. Well maybe the wolves aren't always acting hyperanalytically and purposefully (something that's good to keep in mind) but that makes drawing conclusions more difficult.

My thoughts on people this far (note that the division between categories is really artificial, but I wanted to arrange them somehow)...

More good than bad
Nogrod - looks like himself although he is quite quiet. Doesn't give off wolvish vibes.
Kitanna - for once, I do not suspect her on Day1. I hope it means that I've learnt to read her (and not that she's evil this time). She seems to have sharp points, although I don't necessarily agree with them.
Zil - seems more reasonable than most, although I can't remember anything in particular that he said, which could be eyebrow-raising. He is not giving the sinister vibes he so often is when he's evil.
Izzy - if I had bet on one person's innocence, I would lay my bet on Izzy. She makes sense, thinks independently and seems to notice stuff others don't. I like her.

Enigmas
Wilwa - she needs more blood and sugar. She occasionally makes me raise my eyebrows but it might be just our disagreement or her physical condition. Nothing too bad yet.
Legate - has something fishy in his manner, has seemed more genuine towards the end of the Day, though. He makes sense but is at times a bit off (feeling-wise).
Nerwen - always an enigma.
Pitchwife - my opinion on him changes like a rollercoaster. Now again I was becoming quite sure there's something really sinister in his pleasant and careful manner, when somebody's post reminded me of his reputation as Mister Agreeable (I had forgotten that). Also, there seems to be suspicion againt him in the air exactly in the manner that makes me reconsider my own suspicions.

More bad than good
Morsul - I don't know what's it, but the less I think of him, the more suspicious I consider him. Err, that probably didn't make much sense. But I just mean that when I'm not paying any particular attention to him, he starts to seem like a threatening figure on the background. He may be acting characteristically, but that shouldn't exonerate him. There's just something bad I seem to have half-consciously gathered from his posts.
Boro - not giving any (in)famous vibes to either direction, but I don't like it how much he seems to have been reading and pondering the rules. It's always a disturbing when somebody appears for the first time on Day1 and gives a very enlightened and calm impression.
Shasta - hiding behind banter and not replying points made against him. And what is this Nilp-thingy? I get the feeling that an innocent would be more worried ergo involved at this point.
Ewie - seems to have bad conscience, see what I said above. But I also said I won't vote him without a good reason and I'm not sure if this counts as one.

This made me rearrange my thoughts a bit, but I'm not any closer to a decision of whom to vote. Feels like it will be a tough choice...

edit: xed with 2x Nog, 1xLeg, 1xBog (sorry had to make it rhyme!)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Kick-starting suspicions is good, but stepping back from them (instead of continuing to argue them) and basically saying you were probing for other reactions...seems like a quite different Nogrod.
YEah, I should add this, once again (I thought of adding it to my last post but then thought it would be just explaining too much).

So I didn't come up with the points against Wilwa and Nerwen randomly. There were things there which made me wonder and even suspect them. On Day1 that's always a treat. But I'm not saying they are my top suspects toDay, that is not anymore. And that in turn is because how some people have reacted to the discussion about the two.

Yeah, probing is the right term; to see whether other people's ideas make me suspect the two more with added reasons, or whether they manage to make me turn my gaze to those commenting the two in suspicious ways whilst lured to quit the banter.

My vote is probably going to someone else indeed.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #83
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
And I'm not even on Lommie's list.

On the contrary, Lommie dear, I just don't like it when people cry 'doom!' and everyone freaks out so much that they overreact at stuff () and we have chaos. Let's remember that we're in trouble, but that the wolves are all in a similar position and thus won't be too overconfident (as a whole anyway), at least for now, and leave it at that. Otherwise you're just spreading panic.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-22-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: x'd with Nog
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #84
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So, Nogrod, everybody who commented on Wilwa or Nerwen (with the exception of Kitanna) is suspicious? *scratches head*

Sally, I'm sorry I forgot you, and I don't get how it happened - probably I was thinking of you too much. You'd go to the "suspiciousish" category because I think you make weird (as in "don't make sense") posts and wheel/weasel/wheeze/whuzz/buzz/buzzle/cuddle/whatever around a lot.

And I don't really think the wolves are in trouble more than us. They also have 1/3 chance of winning, like us. But I would be less worried if I was a wolf than I am now - even if they have the other pack to give them trouble, they have all these nice gifts and (like I said earlier) excuses to seem reasonable on the thread, which are things any wolf would be happy about.

Or maybe it's just that I can't believe the wolves could feel threatened too, not threatened by us at least. Maybe by the other pack. Gah, these dynamics are confusing me.

But somehow still you insisting it must be depressing for wolves makes me think you are a wolf who is depressed.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #85
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Or an ordo who's oppressed. Either way, really.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #86
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
So, Nogrod, everybody who commented on Wilwa or Nerwen (with the exception of Kitanna) is suspicious? *scratches head*
Well, more or less so... I'm not too relaxed with Kit either.

And should I add that those who skipped the discussion alltogether are the most suspicious?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #87
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But Boro's "cut the crap, she's innocent" -attitude is way too overconfident for my liking. Especially the comment "let's leave it at that". Well, well, well...
Pardon me. I did not say it was crap, nor that she was innocent. I said Nerwen acknowledged it, explained it, and we should not make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

My "leave it at that" was an attempt to indirectly say I'm uncomfortable with talk about the whole editting thing. It's meta-reason, and in some ways looks like Nerwen was being called a cheat, and speculating about how unfair it would be if Nerwen is a wolf.

What I didn't want to say, because it would have further gave attention to it, but since you Nogrod seem to want to anyway, and insist I said she was innocent.

If Nerwen's a wolf, she should be ashamed for deleting content she thought would make her look suspicious, when she knows the "unsaid" rule.

However, I find it a particularly unsporty thing to insinuate someone is a cheat, or consciously breaking the rule when there is no proof.

I have no issue with Kit pointing it out, it was good that she did to force an explanation from Nerwen. What I do have an issue with is now Nerwen must be a wolf because she editted out something without first telling us, and the insinuation that she's being unfair for doing it.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #88
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Wilwa I can excuse by her loss of blood
Actually, even if I was feeling top shape today I probably would have said many of the same things (just maybe more coherently). I seem to always see the game quite differently then everyone else and therefore come out with some things that usually shock people. Basically I'm not trying to use my illness as an accuse or a free pass or anything, since it probably isn't the reason for my crazy thinking, just maybe my confusing communication of the crazy thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
But I still think it makes the most sense to kill the wolf-packs one by one
Overall I agree with this, I'm just scared that that could make it easier for the other wolf team. But it's already been said a ton of times that either way it's not like we can act on either plan, we can't control which wolf pack we lynch from.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a difficult time finding someone to vote for. I have some weird vibes from some, like Sally for her anti-realism, and Shasta's Nilpyness (which I find funny, but unhelpful/unnecessary), and Pitch, but I think I always get bad vibes from him Day 1, then usually feel better later on, so I likely wouldn't vote for him. I do feel quite good about Kit, Izzy and Lommy, and Nog and Inzil aswell, since they all seem to act the way I would expect them too. So I'm not sure yet.

x'ed with a few
Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I see what you're pointing at Boro... and there are good reasons to say what you say - and I actually agree on them. The only problem is that I don't trust you and you would claim that same highground as a wolf... well as Nerwen's packmate.

But as I said, it was more the reactions stuff I was after. And maybe they will help us later. Hopefully they do. (And that's not just the question of Nerwen but how others reacted to that discussion)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #90
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Gaaargh.

Okies. Sally-pudding, you shall have the benefit of doubt for toDay.

Boro's last post looks good.

I said I wanted to give Ewie a Day2 if he doesn't do anything too bad.

I don't really have even weak points against Morsul.

So that leaves

++Shasta

It feels bad to vote him with him having posted so little this far, but no can do. The little he has posted hasn't quite impressed me. You can have a look at what I've said about him this far for I don't want to recap, but most of all he doesn't seem to put much effort into this, which I would see as wolvish. Would a wolf really care so much whether we lynch an innocent or a wolf from the other pack? probably not as long as his mates are safe and he himself is not incriminated in the process...

Good night people, I'm going now.

edit: xed with Wilwa and Nog
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #91
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

I have given this a lot of thought the last few hours.

Sorry to be the fun-killer but I must go to sleep. Hopefully there is enough to read from Day1 as it is now.

So let's "cut the crap" and lynch a werewolf.

++ Lommy

I'll make a few speculative notes in a separate post and then go to sleep - but if someone is going offline like this minute there it is.

I'm the seer and needed to find out Lommy as she fools me basically everytime. A good pick indeed.

EDIT: heh, x'd with the wolverine...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #92
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Ya know, fair point. What is Shasta up to? Nutter.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I see what you're pointing at Boro... and there are good reasons to say what you say - and I actually agree on them. The only problem is that I don't trust you and you would claim that same highground as a wolf... well as Nerwen's packmate.

But as I said, it was more the reactions stuff I was after. And maybe they will help us later. Hopefully they do. (And that's not just the question of Nerwen but how others reacted to that discussion)
Indeed I would, you lot know me all too well. With that said now, and having my say about it, I can move on to all the cross-posting that just happened.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #94
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Okay.

I have given this a lot of thought the last few hours.

Sorry to be the fun-killer but I must go to sleep. Hopefully there is enough to read from Day1 as it is now.

So let's "cut the crap" and lynch a werewolf.

++ Lommy

I'll make a few speculative notes in a separate post and then go to sleep - but if someone is going offline like this minute there it is.

I'm the seer and needed to find out Lommy as she fools me basically everytime. A good pick indeed.

EDIT: heh, x'd with the wolverine...
Hmmmm. Very nice indeed. Now which seer are you?

Go to bed, dear.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #95
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

What the heck Nogrod, I wanted to go to sleep!

I actually even spent like five minutes staring at the screen and wondering if I should just let it be and go to sleep. But I can't.

I don't get it. This action of Nogrod's doesn't make any sense. Not any sense. No sense, no no sense at all. Aiergh.

What are you Nogrod?

I can't see how this kind of lie would profit you - unless you're a wolf and your fellow's life was at stake.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #96
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sally the problem is that I can't see a wolf seer posting a false dream. It seems to me as a drastic move made by someone troubled, but whom?

A lover whose dearest is in danger? Doesn't still quite make sense.

But I'm sorry, I have to leave you with your own judgement here. I can't stay here and start an argument with Nogrod, it's 1.30am and I have an early morning. Do what you see best but gah at least Nogrod has probably stolen me from sleep tonight...

good night.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #97
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So.

Being a seer in a game where half the village have you as their primary target and have two seers among them to help isn't the easiest one. Add to that the possibility of more than two deaths by Night in this small village... and the fact that you can't "play the hide and seek" up to the last hours as the DL is impossible.

Sorry about partly spoiling the Day. (I'm sure you have things to discuss the rest of the Day but it's a bit anti-climax if the seer reveals early on D1.)

But we have one wolf there and I'll get one more dream.

Also if the ranger protects me the coming Night, both wolf-teams need to attack me the next Night and at least one innocent death is avoided. They can't afford trusting the other team would do the work for them while they might kill one of them. The balance of the mutual threat that is called.

EDIT: X'd with everyone since my last post
Old 03-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #98
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

So I'm inclined to believe him, since I don't think a Nogwolfseer would reveal at this point, since he wasn't at risk of getting lynched and has a rangerwolf to protect him at Night. But an innocent!seer it makes more sense, since there are many chances he could die at Night, and would want that information out before that could happen. So yeah, I believe him, it just makes more sense.

I will therefore likely vote for Lommy, but I still want to wait....

x'ed with 2 Lommy 1 Nog
Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #99
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So, for now... I really have to vote now and then I have to go to sleep and I have to wake up in six hours from now, which is disgusting, so I am going to just do this short and vote. Which is horrible, as I would need something like three more hours to go through everybody's posts again and recheck. So very, very, very, very brief review of my feelings about people now:

Red area - total Wolvery: not really anybody in particular, but well. I guess no can do.

Orange area: Pitchwife (well! Believe me or not, it's all this generally-Mr.-Agreeable stuff, and personal paranoia as stated above), Nerwen (getting worried all the time)

Yellow area - low threat: Inzil, Nogrod, Shasta - basically with all of these, would need to look at them better!!! No time now.

Green area - basically meaning nothing to give any strong reasons to suspect, or reasons at all: Kitanna (some reasonable words), Sally (happy-go-sometimes nothing, but sometimes something to say), Wilwa (excusing some confusing-looking things with her momentary state, otherwise no reasons to suspect), TEW (nothing in particular)

Slightly more greener area, i.e. more inclined to think as innocents (okay, now I see I should have chosen to distribute the color scheme somewhat differently, but whatever): Lommy (genuine-looking), Morsul (looking like his innocent self), Boro (honestly reasonable-looking)

Totally green area: nobody

Okay, so be it. I have no time to think here more about this and go though stuff, I really need to go to sleep and this timing just didn't fit well with me. My best suspect be

++Pitchwife

Although to be really sort of "reassured", I would have liked to go through all posts again, but I can't do that. Okay, good night, village. Hope to see lot of us toMorrow still.

EDITNOTE: Okay! It took me a long while to sum my thoughts on this post and anyway it wasn't enough time, but it took long time for some things to happen on the thread, but I am not going to react on that! I have to go to sleep! Too late, incredible, why? I cannot think about it now. Nogrod! Why? Okay. I can't think about it now. GOOD NIGHT. Posting and voting as I have decided before. No other chances. (This effectively means, crossed with all the Nogrod stuff!!!!)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #100
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sally the problem is that I can't see a wolf seer posting a false dream. It seems to me as a drastic move made by someone troubled, but whom?

A lover whose dearest is in danger? Doesn't still quite make sense.

But I'm sorry, I have to leave you with your own judgement here. I can't stay here and start an argument with Nogrod, it's 1.30am and I have an early morning. Do what you see best but gah at least Nogrod has probably stolen me from sleep tonight...

good night.

Exactly. Why would he lie? As a lover he'd be doomed either for lying or for being believed, and as the real gifted he'd have the same dilemma.

Like I said, I don't know which one he is, but I also don't know why he'd lie. My personal guess is that he's a wolf seer who has found you to be part of the other pack (or has dreamt you as a gifted and wants to eliminate you, but you'd have said something I think) and is willing to give himself up to help his pack eliminate one of the enemy.

Right now I'm interested in getting it down to two sides. It makes my life a lot easier for later on in the game. Three teams is too much for me.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #101
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well Lommy...he could be the seer and has a wolf. But I'm not sure why he would reveal Day 1? Ranger should protect him for another dream, but there are a lot of wolves, and if he IS the seer he will have to explain more than popping in and going.

Could be the wolf-seer who found one from another pack and is giving the dream up to look good. Though, the other pack won't want to keep him around longer.

Could be one of the other special wolves, only pretending to be the wolf seer to benefit his pack in some way.

In any case he made my head hurt more....need coffee
Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #102
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
No, no, these were two different things. Being "mightily scared" is a feeling: a subjective feeling, knowing that Nerwen can be a terrible Wolf, and not getting for now very good impression from her. The list I posted later was a list of my level of suspicion about people in general after a reflection about the subject.
Hmm. It wouldn't have looked as off to me if you'd clarified it in the later post. As it was, the change looked rather jarring.
As for Pitch, yes I did forget about his first post when I wrote that. But when he said he 'applauded' you, he apparently was simply glad to see some serious discussion afer all the banter. Was that really 'buttering you up'?

Quote:
And should I add that those who skipped the discussion alltogether are the most suspicious?
Why is that? And why are the people who discussed the matters also suspicious? You can't have it both ways.

x/d with everything since 87- An event has occurred!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well Lommy...he could be the seer and has a wolf. But I'm not sure why he would reveal Day 1? Ranger should protect him for another dream, but there are a lot of wolves, and if he IS the seer he will have to explain more than popping in and going.

Could be the wolf-seer who found one from another pack and is giving the dream up to look good. Though, the other pack won't want to keep him around longer.

Could be one of the other special wolves, only pretending to be the wolf seer to benefit his pack in some way.

In any case he made my head hurt more....need coffee
*hugs you* It's okay. We're all mad here. ^_^
Old 03-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Love you my little wolfling! You sounded so earnest I almost had to check back I was right...

But to answer your trial of rebuttal...

As Wilwa says (and as I told in my last post), it makes perfect sense.

The innocent seer has quite a few choices with one wolf bagged at this point. The chances of getting killed by Night are considerably high, there are two baddie-seers after you (who get to know your gift, mind you!), just hinting about the wolf might be ignored by the ranger or by the village the next Day - and the dream would be lost ... also I can possibly save one innocent life on N3 with revealing now, etc.

RDIT: X'd with everything after Wilwa...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #105
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
both wolf-teams need to attack me the next Night and at least one innocent death is avoided. They can't afford trusting the other team would do the work for them while they might kill one of them. The balance of the mutual threat that is called.
*is impressed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Like I said, I don't know which one he is, but I also don't know why he'd lie. My personal guess is that he's a wolf seer who has found you to be part of the other pack (or has dreamt you as a gifted and wants to eliminate you, but you'd have said something I think) and is willing to give himself up to help his pack eliminate one of the enemy.
Why would he do that? He could just kill her at Night and then get to live longer. That certainly can not make sense to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
But I'm not sure why he would reveal Day 1? Ranger should protect him for another dream, but there are a lot of wolves, and if he IS the seer he will have to explain more than popping in and going
*is boggled*

I don't get why people are so confused by this. He's NOG, I'll be honest that if I was Nog I would do the same thing, because I think he's once of the biggest threats in WW, and especially in a game like this he is a likely Night kill choice. So Nogseer finds a wolf, knows he could possibily get Night killed before he could give us this info, knows how important it is to get wolves early because there are so many, and reveals knowing he will still get atleast 1 more dream.

It makes sense.

x'ed with a bunches, head hurts
Old 03-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You know, why not?

++Pitchwife

We've got one wolf in the bag and this way I can get rid of my top suspect too. That means a guaranteed lynch toMorrow and less discussion, but....gah, now I'm talking myself out of it. Lol perhaps not. *thinks about this* Yay stream of consciousness! K, so if we get another one toDay (from either pack) it allows us to be down possibly one toDay and then a guaranteed one toMorrow. Of course unicorns, blah blah, which I don't understand 'cause I'm silly and need to read the rules again, but I think it could work. Erm....you know how I am. Heh.

So I guess I'm saying....

??Pitchwife

It'd be an interesting experiment, for sure, and it would still get the result of a dead Lommie ASAP. That and it's not like killing Lommie toDay would reduce the Night kills. (Then again, I kind of want to know which wolf she is, so dunno.)

Boro, my head hurts too!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #107
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Pitch: *blushes* "Yes?"
*does nothing of the kind, having nothing to blush for*
But obviously I do have something to worry about. Seriously, am I getting paranoid myself or is there a conspiracy going on?
Lommy #34: I'm too careful/serious;
Legate #35: I'm not serious enough;
Legate #46: I make safe posts and applaud him too much;
Shasta #70: I'm a wolf because I'm too smokescreeny, repetitive and safe. (Takes some cheek to make that accusation after having been a submarine all Day himself!)
sally #76: acts like she's caught me in a trap because I've actually given some thought to the matter she addressed previously instead of just being 'uh, yeah, well, what are we going to do?'. And if you think I've been thinking about this 'more than an ordo would need to', how come you saw it all coming? What does that say about yourself?
Looks like at least one bandwagon is guaranteed toDay...

Ŕ propos, bed- and voting time is approaching.
Not going to vote for at this time (but might later, depending):
Tewie - he doesn't feel quite right to me, but I'm giving him a pass toDay as he hasn't played for a long time;
wilwa - she's either furry or confused out of her senses by blood loss (except in what she says about Seer reveals, which actually made sense to me); I'm assuming it's the latter, in which case it would be unfair to lynch her toDay, but she urgently needs to improve.

Tend to trust:
Nog - yeah, well, shouldn't be taken for granted and all that, but I really don't see anything outstanding yet. I note Boro's point about using suspicions to merely probe and not stick with them, but he's been known to do that before, too.
Kit - pointed out Nerwen's much-discussed edit, but also brought arguments in her defense, which speaks of looking at things with an unbiased eye. Good observation about Zil changing mind on wilwa and Nerwen after Nog's respective posts.
Izzy - like her comeback.
Morsul - little to go on, and some not-awfully-well-reasoned early suspicions, but seems to be just himself.

Would like to trust, but ain't sure I can:
Boro - not sure why, but he feels more innocentish than usual this time. There could be some collusion 'tween him and sally or not, I don't know.
Legate - most of what he says is sensible, maybe too good to be true? What I'm most worried about is the amount of agreement between him, Lommy and Nerwen.
Lommy - as I said before, looking mostly sensible but hard to really pin her down on either side.

Unsure leaning to suspicious:
Zil - neither here nor there, very guarded, hitching on to Nog's suspicions of wilwa and Nerwen;
Nerwen - neglecting the notorious edit aside, she's just too unreadable for my taste, looks like carefully avoiding to let us know what she thinks of others and rub anybody the wrong way.

Seriously p***ed off with, probably to the point of voting:
Shasta
sally
I really hate knee-jerk retaliation, but sailing safely under the radar for most of the Day and then pounce on me for thinking too much, or whatever... gah.

Some final digestion, and then a vote.

EDIT: x-ed with everybody for the last hour or so.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, Wilwa, why kill her toNight when he could kill her toDay and try for the innocent seer toNight? I'm not saying it's the case, but it's possible.

Like you said, it's Nog. I mean....sense? No. Logic, yes, but no sense.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #109
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Pitch, watch your mouth. Kthnxbye.

Also, I thought it out so much because I was the one trying to trick someone in the first place, hence I had to decide how to do stuff so I could get the right reaction. To be honest, I didn't really expect to hear it from you, but still.

What to do, what to do....I know! Dinner.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #110
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
It'd be an interesting experiment, for sure, and it would still get the result of a dead Lommie ASAP. That and it's not like killing Lommie toDay would reduce the Night kills. (Then again, I kind of want to know which wolf she is, so dunno.)
Maybe if she was a normal wolf, but in this game if she's a wolf she has an ability. I would rather not risk leaving an evil seer or evil ranger around longer than we need to, just so that we can potentially lynch an innocent. She's our best bet, there's no reason for "experiments" or for leaving her for tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Maybe if she was a normal wolf, but in this game if she's a wolf she has an ability. I would rather not risk leaving an evil seer or evil ranger around longer than we need to, just so that we can potentially lynch an innocent. She's our best bet, there's no reason for "experiments" or for leaving her for tomorrow.
Exactly why I didn't end up voting. I'd love to do it, but with our luck she'd be the seer wolf and up taking one of our gifteds from us.

Still, I'm not voting yet, 'cause I'd like to leave it for a bit, mull things while I have a sandwich. And possibly a muffin.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #112
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well, Wilwa, why kill her toNight when he could kill her toDay and try for the innocent seer toNight? I'm not saying it's the case, but it's possible.
But then he would be dead cause the other wolf pack would kill him. A wolfseer has absolutely no reason to do this, certainly not on Day 1.

Why are you so hard set on not believing the seer? You seem to have been sure all Day that you wouldn't believe any seer reveal, but you have to admit that there is no real reason not to trust this one.

x'ed with the cupcake, muffins are wonderful
Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #113
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
But then he would be dead cause the other wolf pack would kill him. A wolfseer has absolutely no reason to do this, certainly not on Day 1.

Why are you so hard set on not believing the seer? You seem to have been sure all Day that you wouldn't believe any seer reveal, but you have to admit that there is no real reason not to trust this one.
I'm not! I just know that there's too much going on and so I'm not going to believe things right away.

I completely believe what he's said, which is why I proposed that silly little plan with the implication that Lommie's a wolf, 'cause he's got no reason to lie.

He could be a wolf seer trying to get rid of an opposing wolf, ordo or otherwise. Or he could be the proper gifted who's dreamt a wolf. Either way, it's very Nog and I'll happily believe him, but I'm not going to write him off as innocent.

Why are you so keen on believing him? I think that's a better question. *shrugs*
Old 03-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #114
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And I thought revealing my role would prove to be an anti-climax...

It looks like Wilwa is the only sane person around.

Okay, chew it, think it, judge it.

And I'm getting pretty suspicious of Boro. To a lesser extent of Sally.

But let's give them time to read and think again? Or did they just reveal their alignment? I mean anyone in cahoots with Lommy might make a fight as losing one of their team would mean a bad disadvantage to them.

Anyway you need to lynch Lommy. Really. She's a wolf.

Just go on thinking I'm a wolf-seer if you wish. Be my quests. But Lommy is a wolf. And rest assured I'm dead on Night3 the latest. That's kind of unavoidable.

EDIT: X'd with a host again
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
*is boggled*

I don't get why people are so confused by this. He's NOG, I'll be honest that if I was Nog I would do the same thing, because I think he's once of the biggest threats in WW, and especially in a game like this he is a likely Night kill choice. So Nogseer finds a wolf, knows he could possibily get Night killed before he could give us this info, knows how important it is to get wolves early because there are so many, and reveals knowing he will still get atleast 1 more dream.
I was under the impression with 6 wolves the Seer would try to stay alive to get as many as possible. I grant perhaps in this format, that would be hard and more beneficial for Nog to be doing what he just did.

I'm not enthusiastically jumping on board because it doesn't make "perfect sense" as you claim. Nog was in no trouble, and yes he's a likely wolf target...but seriously you can say everyone is a wolf target! Lommy, Legate, Pitch, Inzil, sally, Izzy myself, you...wilwa I swear everyone has been killed by the wolves on Night 1 before. So, no, I don't completely by the "I'm going to die Night 1 so I have to," not without properly thinking and hearing more from Nog than "I'm the seer Lommy's a wolf."

I can think of many scenarios where a wolf-Nogrod, with a ranger!wolf in his pack, could possibly benefit from a move like this. If not only for the confusion and headache it is going to cause!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #116
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Uhm.. I had not liked the way Legate connected himself to Nog, because it felt like he was buttering up Nog. He was being a tattle tale, and immediately pointing the finger in a direction away from himself all at the same time. 'Neener neener, you better watch out, the big bad policy lyncher is coming!'

It feels like you Lommy are doing the same thing, however to myself. 'If I bet right now, I'd bet on Izzy.' One of those 'If I do not suspect them, then they probably won't suspect me'.

Did you just reveal as one of three possible Seers, Nog?

I agree with Wilwa. If Nog were a wolfSeer, he could easily just kill her during the Night.

I am getting confused by the false voting.. ?

X'd withe verything after #106.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #117
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And I thought revealing my role would prove to be an anti-climax...

It looks like Wilwa is the only sane person around.

Okay, chew it, think it, judge it.

And I'm getting pretty suspicious of Boro. To a lesser extent of Sally.

But let's give them time to read and think again? Or did they just reveal their alignment? I mean anyone in cahoots with Lommy might make a fight as losing one of their team would mean a bad disadvantage to them.

Anyway you need to lynch Lommy. Really. She's a wolf.

Just go on thinking I'm a wolf-seer if you wish. Be my quests. But Lommy is a wolf. And rest assured I'm dead on Night3 the latest. That's kind of unavoidable.

EDIT: X'd with a host again

Well I don't not believe you. I just don't trust you. There's a big difference.

Heh. I have no alignment. At least not with Lommie.

Meh, there's no reason not to. Besides, I'm too comfy to get up and actually make that sandwich.

++Thinwolfien

Now I think our resident child murderer should go to bed and stop making me think. I really am getting a headache. *hugs you, kicks you toward bed*
Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #118
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I'm not enthusiastically jumping on board because it doesn't make "perfect sense" as you claim.
I don't need your enthusiasm. I need your vote for a wolf. Simple as that.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #119
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I don't need your enthusiasm. I need your vote for a wolf. Simple as that.
Do you care which one?

K, gonna make a post about Pitch and....erm, never mind, just saw the time.

Well this is anti-climactic.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #120
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A lot to catch up on...

And the reason I'm defensive is this, whenever I try to think I know I think differently than others, they jump down my throat for being "weird"

anywho reading then maybe voting