The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #441
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Foley, you did pretty well until yesterDay, when I pegged you based solely on your post about me (especially your later reply). I suddenly knew you were the last wolf, but of course saying so would have got me killed, and....well, you know what happens to the village when I die. I simply couldn't take the risk.

I was looking forward to making a case against you toDay though. Bummer.

Either way, you baddies had some tough luck. I'm surprised the game went as long as it did (which wasn't even very long). You performed admirably, especially the Nerwen and Shasta show. Best. Thing. Ever.

*nuzzles everyone*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #442
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I still don't think it was fair. And I felt I was playing so well, too.
You were! At least, from my perspective. I would never have thought you're the wolf!

You know, I think that the only "fair" part of WW is Day 1.

I know how you feel. Last game, I was left all by myself as a wolf by Night 4, and I knew I was dreamed, but I couldn't kill Seeromer (it was him that game too!) because he voted me every Day.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #443
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Congratulations villagers, and a massive nyah-nyah to the wolves.

Kidding: you guys performed admirably. I will echo whoever said that some games you just can't catch a break. I've been in that position as a wolf and it's not so fun!

Thanks to Loslote for a fun game. That's, I believe, three times in a row I've been the Seer, after never being one for about 5 years!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #444
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I could just cry. That is SO not fair.

I must congratulate my worthy opponents.

I still don't think it was fair. And I felt I was playing so well, too.

Boromir, I don't like your explanation. I wasn't acting unhappy, I was acting business like. I don't gloat over my victims, even as a wolf.
It's not that. From what Boro's said, it was close to a random choice– but he's a very experienced player, and may have picked up on some subtle unconscious reluctance on your part. Or maybe he just got lucky. Don't feel bad about it– you did play really well, especially considering the strain you must have been under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwolf
Man. I hate losing in this game. There is indeed no other game (except RISK) that I get so upset about losing.
Look, one has bad luck, sometimes. I should be more annoyed, actually– it's been more than two years since I've lost a game as a baddie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwolf
Good game, though. Tip of the hate to Boro and Eomer.
A Freudian slip, I presume? Indeed, this game definitely belongs to the gifteds.

As I told you to begin with, what I was most afraid of was that the Seer would be one of the "old guard" (and would dream Shasta or me on Night One "just in case"). But the Hunter as well! It's fate, I tell you...

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-05-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: X'd with various of the enemy.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #445
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I said as much to Loslote that first night: I can never get a read on Nerwen, so I thought I'd do the sensible thing this time.

It does not surprise me to learn that Shasta wanted to kill me ASAP.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #446
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
That's, I believe, three times in a row I've been the Seer, after never being one for about 5 years!
Henceforth you shall be known as Seeomer.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #447
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
A Freudian slip, I presume?
Haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Henceforth you shall be known as Seeomer.
YES!

But seriously, great game everyone!

Of course, we could've never done it without our gifteds. So thank you Eomer, Boro and Bom for leading us to victory.

Wolves, you played well, even though all the odds were stacked against you, and at one point I almost I almost started to doubt the seer-dreams. So yeah, well-played.

And to all my fellow villagers: Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King!

And I'm still astounded that my random guess of two under-the-radars turned out to be the dreamed wolves.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #448
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
A freudian slip? Nah. Truly a typo. I don't hate them, just the fact they won.

My HAT is off to you.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #449
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
This was a really great game to play. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I especially liked that we won!

Lottie I enjoyed reading your narrations. I especially liked the whole LoTR theme. As a Reality TV junkie, I liked the ending as well.

Great job Eonwe, Bom, and Boro. That was some really good playing there.

Foley, you did a good job as the last wolf. It's a good thing Boro was the Hunter and not me, cause I doubt I would've picked you.

And I really liked the spin that Nerwen and Shasta came up with. That made the game even more interesting.

Great game everybody!