The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #321
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ladybug PMs-Night 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
You're right, I did protect myself last Night, so I'm defenceless toNight. I think we're both equally inviting targets, so it's a crap-shoot.
Plus if the Aphid Seer has dreamed either of us, xe'll know not to touch me. Well, hope dies last.
At this point, we had both forgotten the Aphid Seer couldn't see our gifts.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you really think TEW is more likely to be the Aphid? I was looking at things last Night.
Kit voted for Legate Day 2, before Nog came out with his dream, and Legate had no other votes, and wasn't much of a target for suspicion.
Day 3 she voted for Boro, first vote for him, when he also wasn't a talked about lynch candiate at the time.
What are the odds Kit just happened to nail two wolves from the same pack two Days in a row? It could be a daring bit of wolf-on-wolf that backfired on them, first through no fault of their own with Nog's dreaming Legate. That would would naturally have had the effect of decreasing suspicion against Kit.
Then on Day 3. she gave an early vote for Boro, not knowing he would get more votes. How could anyone guess who Wilwa might vote for?
Of course, there was all that talk about the Unicorn from Kit, but that could have been either something to throw us off, or an attempt to draw out the real Unicorn.
You've got a point - TEWie's somehow felt very unicornish to me until toNight, and considering the shaky reasoning I can indeed see her Legate vote as wolf-on-wolf; but after that backfired the way it did, do you think she'd have risked the same again with Boro? Hmmm... with Nog removed, and Boro being their Hunter, perhaps.
But no matter - the only one we can be pretty sure is not a Unicorn is wilwa; she's both a safe target and a precarious factor while alive.
I'd been trying to work out who the final Aphid was, TEW or Kit. That wolf-on-wolf of Kit's did throw us off for a while. It was only in comparison with TEW that she really started looking like a wolf.

Quote:
Now for thoughts on TEW:

I've been looking back over the thread, searching for points of interest on him.
I noted that after I put up my 'suspicion' post on TEW, Legate said:

Quote:
Well. Anyway, I might led Inzil slide a bit backwards among my suspects now, but still there is something to think about...

That was after I had responded to something else he'd brought up about me, about why Nerwen would have been a 'logical' choice for a kill. If TEW was his packmate, it would have been quite easy and safe for him to have latched onto your criticism of me, with that plus what he already had.

Nog was an innocent, and is a very shrewd judge when it comes to wolves (obviously!). He thought TEW looked innocent.

In TEW's response to me that Day, he actually agreed with many of the points I'd made, and overall seemed rather aggrieved and dispirited. Not out of the question for wolvish behaviour, but still: he didn't go on the immediate offensive, as I would have.

The next Day, TEW came out swinging:

Quote:
I think I know who the wolves are. I'm guessing Inzy, Pitchwife, Kitanna and Boromir. Anybody want to confess? I won't have much time to read and post in the rest of toDAY, what with work and a school event coming up. Inzy, I'm not gonna be nice to you just because you've accused me. This is war! Nogrod said you seem opportunistic, and I'm inclined to agree. And the math is against you. I know its also against me, but I know who I am.
He was certainly right about three of the four he names as wolves!
It concerned me somewhat that this was such a change in tone, almost as if he'd been discussing the matter with someone. But then, maybe he'd just been thinking it over and decided to be more agressive. And he himself said he wouldn't be around most of the Day, so it would make sense he might vote early.

His next post was this:

Quote:
[Legate] was talking about Sally and me, in case you're wondering. Another thing. The fighting I mentioned was so bad Legate voted for Pitchwife. If I had to guess which one of my above wolf picks is wrong, I'd say Kitanna because Legate and Lommy were in separate packs. That's enough for the night. Bye
This feels innocentish. I see no reason he would bring up Legate in association with himself, if they were mates.

He showed up one more time, late.

Quote:
Inzy, your response to my outburst feels genuine to me. With my luck (and skill level) in playing werewolf you may very well be innocent. I think you have a good point about Kitanna and her vote for Legate. However, if I wanted to be stubborn, I could say it was a gamble to avoid suspicion in the future. But I seriously doubt that's the case. Her vote had slipped my mind. There goes my grand unified werewolf theorem. I thought Izzy was innocent because she hadn't rung any alarm bells in me, Nogrod had a feeling she was innocent, my suspicion of you, and Lommy's post. That would still be my guess. Look in my post after my vote for the Legate quotes I was referring to. I'm gonna leave now and not come back toDAY.
Backing off suspicion of me (after already giving me a vote ).

All in all, I think he really does look innocent. And if he isn't a wolf, Kit is.

What do you think?

-Inzil
Where I became convinced TEW wasn't likely to be the Aphid.

Quote:
Sound analysis of TEW, thanks - and my gut feeling about him from last Night agrees with it. He's also been much too extrovert, all in all, for what I'd expect from a Seerwolf.
But does it really matter which of them is which?
I've been doing simulations (with jelly bears of different colours) until my brain smoked, but it all boils down to this: the situation being what it is, with the two Unicorns, I don't see how it's possible for either pack to win this game at this point, unless the Aphid Seer (let's just assume it's Kit) makes a suicidal mistake toNight.
Quote:
I had a PM I was going to send you with a lot of different scenarios laid out, but I started getting confused.
Anyway, it may not be so set in stone what the Aphid will do toNight.
I remembered something from the Admin Thread:

Quote:
The Seer!wolves receive one dream every Night. If the Seer!wolf dreams of a rival wolf, they are only told that the player is a wolf, not their gift. If the Seer!wolf dreams of a gifted, they are told what the gift is.
They can't know which of us is the Were! I think that gives us a sizable advantage.

Does that alter your perceptions of our chances?

-Inzil
And the revelation of the rule we'd both forgotten, that induced us to throw caution to the wind and go after our likeliest Aphid candidate.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #322
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Pitchie, love the avie. Plus, I saw this:

Quote:
co-mod(dess): Hakon
and laughed so hard I didn't see the rest:

Quote:
(+ sally ad hoc after death)

Poor Kit kept having her dreams killed off - first Morsul, then Sally. At least she got to pm with Wilwa to make up for it...I was glad of that.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #323
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Poor Kit.....At least she got to pm with Wilwa to make up for it...I was glad of that.
What? *is confused* I never pm'ed with Kit! That would have been awesome!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #324
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Aww, you didn't?? Dang. Kit must have gone bed before I could tell her the good news...upsie.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #325
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Aww, you didn't?? Dang. Kit must have gone bed before I could tell her the good news...upsie.
We both decided with Nogrod possibly still alive, and not knowing where wilwa's loyalties were going to lie, not to PM her that night. That is why I came out the following day trying to find out if we could trust to tell her who we were. I found out I couldn't!!!!

<3
Old 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #326
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I found out I couldn't!!!!

<3
Haha. I totally woulda helped you guys out if I thought it would benefit me. Though I have to say now, that I'm quite happy I voted for you, it worked out nicely for me.

<3
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #327
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This from the girl whose icon is a cupcake pwning a muffin.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #328
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
This from the girl whose icon is a cupcake pwning a muffin.
Nooooo. The muffin is lulling the cupcake into the false security of 'friendship' until she can find a good oppurtunity to strike!

Last edited by wilwarin538; 03-30-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: rediculous spelling mistake
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #329
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Legate I had a hunch over, mainly from his carefulness (which he always is - and very skilful indeed!) and of his relation to Lommy. First I thought they were in cahoots but later I started to think it more probable they were probing each other because they were on different sides.
Relation! Once again wonderful when people suspect you for completely imagined and thus illogical (from your point of view) reasons: There never was any!

Nevertheless, it was quite fun to play after a long time, I must say, and well, had it not been for the unfortunate Seer incident (and later for the unfortunate incident with Boro after I was dead), I would have been quite happy. But well, the game did not seem really very unbalanced in the end, provided that Nogrod however has done a remarkable job (although again - 50-50 to dream of a Wolf is not so difficult). Something small to the innocents' side and they could have even won (well, if the Anti-Lover joined them, they just as well could have).

So thanks for the moddies (and the rest of annoying sallys ) and all the players, including my poor packmates - it was much fun even for the short time there.

And one note: my repeated expressions of paranoia about Pitchwife was genuine, I knew from the beginning something is terribly wrong with him. I was actually thinking that he might be the other Wolf Seer, but in any case, I knew he was a Wolf. There was no doubt about that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote