The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #481
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, if Eonwe is neither wolf nor cursed, as I suspect, at least I will have plenty of good suspects toMorrow.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #482
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Makkie, you forget that I'm supposed to fight off a lynch mob tomorrow.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #483
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Now, really, the stupid novel. Where was I...
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #484
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
After those two votes, you probably deserve that, love.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #485
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I could use the exercise. They'd better bring handcuffs.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #486
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
After those two votes, you probably deserve that, love.
Now that just cracked me up!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #487
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

8 people and me left to vote. Anybody have preferences other than Eonwe?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #488
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Well, if Eonwe is neither wolf nor cursed, as I suspect, at least I will have plenty of good suspects toMorrow.
Which is reason 1A why I have defended him while not outright campaigning for him. Reason 1B is that I have little better to offer. I mean- Nog in my opinion has been really odd with his logic and arguments this game, but being wrong doesn't make him evil. Your target, Lottie- I'll admit that I have no feelings whatsoever. She's one of the ones that has fallen through the cracks of my mind thus far.

And would you stop using that L-word! Haven't we had enough fun with hints today?

(x-posted with a few)
Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #489
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'd love to, but I just can't help it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #490
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Anybody have preferences other than Eonwe?
Not anything strong. But there might be a couple I'd roll the dice on if you wanted to give them a try. One of the low-posters? Nienna maybe? I dunno. You said Lottie earlier- heck why not? And what do you think of Nog? Wait and see if he's right first, or push him to the brink?

(x-post Mac, who posted ANOTHER hint *makes note to guess Mac as Hades tonight*)
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #491
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The Tally:

Greenie ==> Mac
Shasta ==> Nog
Kath ===> Nog (2)
Lalaith ==> Eonwe
Nog ====> Eonwe (2)
Wilwa ==> Eonwe (3)
Nienna ==> Eonwe (4)
Inzil ====> Eonwe (5)
Rikae ===> Rikae
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #492
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Which is reason 1A why I have defended him while not outright campaigning for him. Reason 1B is that I have little better to offer. I mean- Nog in my opinion has been really odd with his logic and arguments this game, but being wrong doesn't make him evil. Your target, Lottie- I'll admit that I have no feelings whatsoever. She's one of the ones that has fallen through the cracks of my mind thus far.

And would you stop using that L-word! Haven't we had enough fun with hints today?
Maybe I haven't played with Nog enough yet. It seems as thought a few people have made comments about him acting strange. So I could be wrong about him.

As for Lottie, I haven't heard enough from her outside of her gunning for Mac and me. I think I'd like to know more about her reasoning and let her explain herself before I go after her.

Anyone else is pretty much fair game. I don't feel strongly about anyone at this point.

Edit: x-ed with both of tp's posts
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #493
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
*tries to think of a polite word to describe the Eonwe-bandwaggon*
Don't bother, Mac, they'll just think you're dropping Lover-hints.

About Eönwë: what I'm not keen on is that everyone who votes him seems to be doing it for a completely different reason.

(Not to mention that certain parties *cough* Nogrod *cough* have seemingly ignored the points other people have already made against their arguments.)

For my own part, I do think the fact that the Seer voted Steve while making the cryptic "neg 4" remark– and got killed in the Night may be significant. I've said why I don't think Boro actually dreamed an Eonwolf, but if such he is, it might be enough if the pack thought he had.

Not that I've decided to vote him yet, at all.

EDIT:X'd with everyone again.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #494
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Not anything strong. But there might be a couple I'd roll the dice on if you wanted to give them a try. One of the low-posters? Nienna maybe? I dunno. You said Lottie earlier- heck why not? And what do you think of Nog? Wait and see if he's right first, or push him to the brink?
Funny that you should mention Nienna. I had gone back through her posts earlier today and there wasn't much there. However that can be said of a few people at this time.

And I already covered thoughts about Lottie and Nog.

Edit: x-ed with Nerwen
Old 07-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #495
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'd rather give Nogrod the benefit of a good night's sleep. Nienna I'd be willing to try.

Nerwen mentioned Autume. I'm not so keen on that.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #496
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
There's the enigmatic number -4. Was Boro trying to hint he was not that big a baddie or just trying to protect himself not going outright naming him -10 or somethig? I don't know.
Really, I think that was more of a continuation of an elegant but efficiant way of describing role value. I don't think it was a Seer hint.

Quote:
I mean someone you just dislike might be a goodie and someone you love might be a baddie. (coughWilwaSallycough)
I do NOT play favorites. You can say that I become obsessive in my suspicions. This is true. You can say that I can easily be wrong in these obsessive suspicions. This is true. You can say that I have a tendancy to be silly. This is true. But you CAN NOT say that I play favorites. I do not pass someone I "love" (there's that word again - are you hinting, Nog?) as innocent without a second glance. I do not automatically call for those I "dislike" to die. As a matter of fact, I do not "dislike" anyone playing in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Well Mac wanted to actually go for a wolf. I was cool with that. We weren't getting anywhere by suspecting each other. So I left him alone. Besides I knew at this point there was no way I'd be able to lynch him.

Yes Eonwe only had 4 votes and BG had 5. And if I voted for Eonwe then they both would've had 5. So by voting for BG I was doing what I could to keep Eonwe yesterDay as I wanted BG gone more than I wanted Eonwe gone. Does that make sense?
Wait, wait. So you were fine with Mac because he wanted to go hunt for wolves, and you instantly give up on wolf-hunting to pick between innocents?

Quote:
ToDay she starts with suppressed anger and a new list, which looks suspiciously like the old one, except that Nogrod is suspicious now, too. She backs off me a little bit. She suspects Nogrod because he didn't vote for Eonwe. Not exactly a great argument, but alright, except that she could have made the same point yesterDay, after his vote, already. But yesterDay she was content to carry only Tum and me around.
In case you didn't notice, that post where I said to look at Nog if Steve were lynched did make that point yesterDay. I would have posted more, but you see, I really didn't have time. I mentioned that I wouldn't really be around. Don't you read what others post?

Anyways, I'm sure I've xed with tons of people. The last bit I saw was people thinking about lynching me. All I can say is:

Do it. Really, go ahead. I'm not upset, I'm not tired of the game in any way, and this is not said in anger. I wouldn't mind being lynched.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #497
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I'd rather give Nogrod the benefit of a good night's sleep. Nienna I'd be willing to try.

Nerwen mentioned Autume. I'm not so keen on that.
I'd be willing to give Nienna a try too, and for some reason I'm not too keen on going after me either.

Edit: x-ed with Lottie
Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #498
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Okay, I've been focused on the Nog/Mac/Phantom/Nerwen/Steve business, and this Inzil/Tum stuff is just beginning to make an impression. What is this? Tum voted for BeiGe after finding her innocent?
What about Phantom?

Quote:
Okay, so I read Steve's posts, and I think he's innocent. His wine comment is the only thing that I could see that would make him look bad to anyone. Some of the other things he said were quite good. He was the one who floated the idea of the two Rangers working together to protect the Seer in fact. I see no reason for him to have suggested that as a baddie. Anyway, yeah, I can't see supporting his lynch.
But then he votes for me anyway.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #499
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yeah, whatever, I'll try Nienna if you want, Mac, just so long as you understand that, should Eonwe end up being saved today, we're going to go through all of this again tomorrow.

And yes, Steve, I voted for you despite defending you (I even defended you to Nog after voting you). I explained that yesterday at the time that I did it.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #500
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Eonwe, may I paraphrase your case against me as "Mac looks really, really good actually but there are a few far-fetched things that might mean he could be a wolf"? Also, you end your case against me with "He needs to be watched" and then put me in the highest "Evil" category. Consistency that is not.
That's what posting at night will do to you... yeah, you should've been put higher up one or two places according to my post. I just changed my mind about you once I'd finished writing about everyone and forgot to change that part accordingly.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #501
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Wait, wait. So you were fine with Mac because he wanted to go hunt for wolves, and you instantly give up on wolf-hunting to pick between innocents?
Here's the post where I explain in more detail why I choose BG.

Edit: x-ed with Eonwe, tp, and Eonwe again
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #502
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Yeah, whatever, I'll try Nienna if you want, Mac, just so long as you understand that, should Eonwe end up being saved today, we're going to go through all of this again tomorrow.
But it'll be fun to have me around another Day!

And also not killing me toDay will give the Seer a chance to test themselves by dreaming someone that they know will get killed.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #503
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
In case you didn't notice, that post where I said to look at Nog if Steve were lynched did make that point yesterDay. I would have posted more, but you see, I really didn't have time. I mentioned that I wouldn't really be around. Don't you read what others post?
I didn't overlook it, of course. You overlooked that I commented on it.

Anyway, you said you would look for Nogrod depending on Eonwe's innocence. Eonwe did not get lynched, and your reasons for Nogrod toDay are independent of Eonwe's role, but are founded on Nogrod not voting for him. The case you presented toDay was readily available yesterDay.

You only picked this one item out of my reasons to suspect you. I usually do that when I'm a wolf: picking the few things I can defend myself against to discredit a whole analysis.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #504
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Here's something to talk about, which I raised earlier: Blind Guardian did, I think, drop a hint about her role. I never picked it up until after she died, but it's possible Hephaestus was looking a bit harder.

It may be worth seeing if anyone seemed to be particularly protective of her. (Or to be hinting back, perhaps– though look where searching for hints has got us...)
Well, when I said that Mac could be Hephaestus, did I mention that he said this?
Quote:
Raise your hand if you'd like to lynch somebody suspicious instead of BG.

Yes, she might not be very helpful, but that's not a good reason to lynch and you know that.
And then voted you.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #505
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
The last bit I saw was people thinking about lynching me. All I can say is:

Do it. Really, go ahead. I'm not upset, I'm not tired of the game in any way, and this is not said in anger. I wouldn't mind being lynched.
??? Is this a conundrum?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #506
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
And also not killing me toDay will give the Seer a chance to test themselves by dreaming someone that they know will get killed.
Ha ha! So in other words, the Seer should dream of you tonight and then tomorrow we should go ahead and lynch you and then the Seer will know if they are legit? What a brave sacrifice, sir!

Okay, okay, obviously it would be good for the Seer to know this, but you've got to figure one of the Seer dreams is going to die at some point anyway without purposefully flushing a dream like that. So no, bad plan I think.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #507
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Come on now, Nerwen. Surely we don't have to discuss that.

Wow, Eonwe, you're really scrapping. Perhaps it would be fun to do this again!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #508
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
I wasn't just thinking about my vote. I was thinking about the way others were probably going to vote too. By the time I put my vote in it was down to BG and Eonwe. BG had 5 and Eonwe had 4. I think there were four votes left. Don't quote me on that though. So I'm thinking that there are still some votes that are going to vote for BG and some for Eonwe. So my vote is now who do I want around more: BG or Eonwe. I decided that I wanted Eonwe to stick around for one more day instead of BG. I wasn't voting for 1 in 20. I was voting for one or the other.
No, there was a chance to get someone else lynched. You didn't even try to even ask around to see if anyone else wanted to lynch, say, Mac. You remember, you top suspect? Who at least one other person who'd yet to vote wanted lynched? It seems like a pretty poor effort to not even attempt to get him lyched. But it's pretty good wolf-on-wolf.

Quote:
As for voting for someone who was innocent, I thought both of them were innocent. Yet one of them was going to be lynched. There wasn't anything I could do to stop one of them from being lynched. So I chose between the one that I wanted to have stick around.

And I still didn't like people going after BG. I'll stand by that. However by the time I voted there was nothing I could do to stop it. Now if Eonwe turns out to be a wolf then I know that will look REALLY bad. So I'm really hoping that Eonwe is someone good. I can see why you think my vote looks bad. I'm not sure what else I can tell you since everything I've said is the truth. I'll do my best to try and clarify things, however sometimes it seems my logic doesn't match up with everyone else's logic.
How would you know? You didn't try.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #509
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The Tally:

Greenie ==> Mac
Shasta ==> Nog
Kath ===> Nog (2)
Lalaith ==> Eonwe
Nog ====> Eonwe (2)
Wilwa ==> Eonwe (3)
Nienna ==> Eonwe (4)
Inzil ====> Eonwe (5)
Rikae ===> Rikae

Yet to vote:
Sally, Mac, Phantom, Nerwen, Mira, Folwren, Lottie, Tum, Eonwe

Who is around:
Mac, Phantom, Nerwen, Lottie, Tum, Eonwe
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #510
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Options seem to be Eonwe, Loslote, Autume, Nienna. Three of them are around and ready to save themselves, making Nienna a possibly easy victim.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #511
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm not usually the sort to bend to the will of others, but Mac, just this once I'm willing to follow Rikae's lead and give her suspect a try.

Okay, but seriously, are we going to take a submarine shot or not? Because the only way it'll amount to anything is to pile on.

(x-post)
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #512
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote replies to my quotes above
Okay:

No, there was a chance to get someone else lynched. You didn't even try to even ask around to see if anyone else wanted to lynch, say, Mac. You remember, you top suspect? Who at least one other person who'd yet to vote wanted lynched? It seems like a pretty poor effort to not even attempt to get him lyched. But it's pretty good wolf-on-wolf.

How would you know? You didn't try.
By that time I was getting tired and wanted to go to bed and get some sleep. Yes I'm up later than I was yesterDay. However some nights I'm more tired than others. So I didn't stick around to see if someone else could get lynched.

edit: x-ed with tp, Mac, and tp
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #513
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Options seem to be Eonwe, Loslote, Autume, Nienna. Three of them are around and ready to save themselves, making Nienna a possibly easy victim.
Are you saying that's good or bad?

EDIT:X'd since Mac.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #514
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Think I'll just do a quick summary of what was going to be my Nog post:

First, I think he pretty much ironically sums himself up here:
Quote:
it looks like those things wolves love to jump on: when they have no real suspicions themselves - because all they should suspect are innocents - they like to cling on scenarios some others suggest or that stand out in any possible way. Looking at the number of comments where Boro's wordings were deemed suspicious or noteworthy of a raised eyebrow I'd bet there are wolves involved.
In that post, he already begins to suspect me, though he just implies it without saying anything obvious- he doesn't actually say any particular person is suspicious- only those looking for meaning in Boro's use of Zeus. Apparently I'm "at it again" when I change my mind from believing the point I believe I was the first suggest, that Zeus just meant the good team to believing that he was hinting something.

So it seems he already had me as a target from then, so obviously even mentioning the word "Dionysus" makes me suspicious to him. And that's after criticising everyone for trying to find meaning in Boro writing "Zeus" twice. Total hypocrisy (though he does explain away any reason for Boro to say Zeus twice, he doesn't even consider an alternative for the Dionysus thing, that is, me being Dionysus because I just mentioned his name).

And so he's just gone after me after that no matter what.

There's also the Nerwen thing, and if I survive until toMorrow I'll get to that too.

edit: x-ed since my last post.

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-28-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #515
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, of those four Mac-

Tum looks honest. All in all Lottie's entrance hasn't looked bad to me. So that leaves Eonwe and Nienna, which are probably the only viable candidates anyway given that the other two are around to vote the other direction.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #516
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

If you guys are gunning for Nienna, 'fraid I can't oblige. I haven't looked at her myself, and it's too much of a shot in the dark.

As I said, I'd be willing to vote tum or maybe Nog, but I don't think it's going to happen now. We've dithered too long.

I think we'd just better hope Steve is evil.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #517
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Notice 2.2

Half an hour left for voting.

Voting tally is still the same as last time.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #518
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Options seem to be Eonwe, Loslote, Autume, Nienna.
How about Nog? And he's already got two votes...

edit: Forgot that DL was in half an hour *is relieved that he didn't miss vote*
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #519
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGod
Half an hour left for voting.
Ha ha! I completely forgot this. I was rushing to decide for nothing.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #520
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Are you saying that's good or bad?
More to the bad side, but mostly just the facts.

Would you consider not voting Eonwe if we should decide to go for Nienna?