The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #121
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh, I don't know, I'd love to throw my hat in the ring to be the ghost!
I think you'd be a really good Ghost, and definitely trustworthy!

Quote:
P.S. I think the seer is Kath. Or, as my voice to text thought I was saying, I think the serious calf.
++SERIOUS CALF

Quote:
I'm strongly considering telling you guys things later today, but doing so only through voice to text, which will butcher everyone's names. This would give you extra fun in trying to work out what I'm saying.
That would actually be hilarious. I want to spend toMorrow trying to tell the Living "our pet wolf said 'the left hand marble is blue', we're sure she's telling us who her packmates are!"

(It is possible I lose my ability to take the game seriously when I die.)

hS
Old 04-26-2021, 10:17 AM   #122
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I'm certainly the most trustworthy wolf you'll ever meet! Do you know how hard it was to reveal myself falsely as the seer? I only did it because people were literally asking for it.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #123
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++SERIOUS CALF

Quote:
I'm strongly considering telling you guys things later today, but doing so only through voice to text, which will butcher everyone's names. This would give you extra fun in trying to work out what I'm saying.
A reverse Ghost! *applause*

Quote:
Well, I'm certainly the most trustworthy wolf you'll ever meet! Do you know how hard it was to reveal myself falsely as the seer? I only did it because people were literally asking for it.

Sally you are a delight. ^.^
Old 04-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #124
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Sally you are my favourite wolf. I'm happy we got you here. <33 I also vote that we exclusively refer to Kath as Serious Calf from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
(It is possible I lose my ability to take the game seriously when I die.)
This is a distinct possibility. Although I have to say we've been admirably on topic and focused until now! If the village wasn't in such a dire situation, I'd suggest you throw in one completely random quote just to troll them a little. But that would be irresponsible so of course I can't officially condone it.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #125
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Oh, I don't know, I'd love to throw my hat in the ring to be the ghost!

P.S. I think the seer is Kath. Or, as my voice to text thought I was saying, I think the serious calf.

Please, please do, that would be absolutely hilarious!!
Old 04-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #126
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had a look through the thread to pick out possible dodgy interactions with Sally (though I still hope we get the voice to text reveals because that would be fabulous! ). Again a few things that stood out -

- Pitch and Sally are visibly buddying up to each other on D2 (like, to the point that Sally literally says she can read him well because they were fellow wolves in the last game - this would be unthinkable from anyone else but I could actually see Sallywolf saying this about her fellow and cackling), and as we know, Pitch is extremely dodgy on D3.

- Boro and Sally also share a buddy moment on D2 (something about radars being calibrated), but on D3 Boro quickly becomes convinced Sally is a wolf and really pursues the lynch.

- Morsul was after Sally already on D2 (and we all remember what he did on D3), while Sally pretty consistently called him innocent.

- Lommy and Sally kind of half-heartedly half-suspect each other on D2 (though Lommy also defends Sally at one point - it's messy), then D3 Lommy is on the verge of voting for Sally, hesitates after the Seer reveal, then goes ahead and votes for her. Lots of flip-floppage here, but I'm thinking if Lommywolf had already decided to bus a fellow, she would have done so with a bit more conviction. There are also noticeable similarities between her and Pitch on the first two Days (including "reluctantly" but consistently voting for Huin twice in a row) which make me think Lommy probably isn't fellows with Pitch.

- Legate and Sally barely interact with each other, which is interesting.

Based on this, I'd say Pitch is a very likely wolf, and the other one is anybody's guess. I'm leaning towards Morsul or Legate, but Lommy wouldn't be a massive surprise either.

On another note, I will be surprised if someone other than Serious Calf joins us toNight. She seemed to know Sally was lying about the Seer reveal, and there's only one person - apart from the wolves - who could legitimately know that.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #127
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Oh, and just to make it official - not that it's necessary -

++Huin

for Ghost. I'm trying to get an earlier night tonight, so if I'm not back before toMorrow, good luck with the haunting! I'm looking forward to seeing if Morsul can come up with a ghost-themed pun of your name, too.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:52 PM   #128
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Huin

I wish you a lot of fun haunting those Living.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #129
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
20 minutes and I'm off to go be incessantly cryptic at the Living for a Day. You folks have fun hopefully not hanging out with the Seer.

~Huinespooky
Old 04-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #130
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
20 minutes and I'm off to go be incessantly cryptic at the Living for a Day. You folks have fun hopefully not hanging out with the Seer.

~Huinespooky
Happy haunting!
Old 04-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #131
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 4 Begins!

In the morning, Barahir was nowhere to be found. Nothing remained as evidence of last Night’s struggle. Only one item was ever found to suggest that Barahir was truly killed and not merely missing: an Elven-crafted ring, with green-eyed serpents, devouring a golden crown.

The Living
Boro
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman
**Hui - Gorlim/Ghost

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
**Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)
Kath (Night 4 - Seer)

Day 4 begins. You may cast a collective vote, etc etc.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #132
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A TRIBUTE TO THE GIFTEDS: Keening for Kath

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught up in werewolf,
An escape from reality.
Open your eyes
Look out to the lake and see
They’re just poor outlaws, they need some sympathy,
Because they’re here to stay, they won’t go,
Through the high, through the low,
And the way the wind blows
That conveys the Dead vote to them,
To them.

Werewolves
Just killed the Seer,
Put a claw against her head, flicked a knife and now she’s dead.
Outlaw
Life has just begun,
But now they’ve gone and thrown your lives away.
Werewolves - oh no!
Your team may still win!
If Ghost’s not back and posting in the morrow
Carry on, catch the wolves - the only thing that matters…

Too soon Kath’s time has come
Sends shivers down the spine, serious calving all the time.
Hello, everybody -
She’s joining you!
She has left her life behind but brings you truth!
Werewolves - arrrrooooooo!
No one wants to die,
But none of you regret you’ve played at all…

She sees a little silhouetto of a man -
Who is it? Who is it? Did she dream of a werewolf?
- Barahirian Rhapsody

“If Sally is the Seer, I’ll eat my hat” -- The Actual Seer
Old 04-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #133
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A TRIBUTE TO THE GIFTEDS: Lamenting for Lottie

When a humble bard
Graced a ride along
With Lottie of Aeluin
Along came this song

From when the Ranger fought
A black-furred devil
His army of wolves
At his hooves did they revel

They came after me
With masterful deceit
Woke us from our sleep
And gnawed us with their teeth

While the devil’s claws
Minced our tender meat
And so cried the Ranger
She can’t be beat!

Toss a coin to your Ranger
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty

At the edge of the world
Fight the mighty pack
That bashes and breaks you
And makes you their snack

She thrust every warg
Deep into the dark
Of Sauron’s great tower
From whence they came

She fought with your pest
Got kicked in her chest
She's a friend of humanity
So give her the rest

That's my epic tale
Our Ranger is unveiled
She fought with the villains
Now pour her some ale

O' Valley of Plenty
O' Valley of Plenty, oh
A friend of humanity
O' Valley of Plenty
O' Valley of Plenty, oh
A friend of humanity
O' Valley of Plenty
O' Valley of Plenty, a-oh
A friend of humanity
- Toss a coin to your Ranger

“Please stop tossing coins at me,” --The Ranger.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #134
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, Hui looks like he's having fun--and he's got some excellent texts. Almost too excellent. To my mind, he's conveying the information extemely well.

Not that I necessarily want to make a tough job tougher, but... it might be worth considering for future iterations, if we want to keep upping the difficulty level, so as not to have "set texts," that a Ghost can only use a quote once per game--i.e. no repeating that extremely useful "Innocent" quote from UT.

A suggestion for the future--not now!
Old 04-26-2021, 07:48 PM   #135
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I woke up, saw Gal's posts, and thought I died and gone to heaven.

I'm here but probably not reading.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:32 PM   #136
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Well, Hui looks like he's having fun--and he's got some excellent texts. Almost too excellent. To my mind, he's conveying the information extemely well.
He's doing great! Also looks like I was right about Morsul immediately taking it upon himself to come up with a nickname for him
Old 04-27-2021, 12:00 AM   #137
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Popping in but won't be back til after work. Is Hui allowed to read in here today? Cause Pitch is not a wolf. Dreamt him last Night.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:26 AM   #138
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Popping in but won't be back til after work. Is Hui allowed to read in here today? Cause Pitch is not a wolf. Dreamt him last Night.
I don't rightly remember right now, but I sure hope not!
Old 04-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #139
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Is Hui allowed to read in here today? Cause Pitch is not a wolf. Dreamt him last Night.
I don't think he is Wow, I think we just lost the game. Out of interest, who were your other dreams?

(Also, I'm getting paranoid and starting to think that Boro is a mastermind wolf.)
Old 04-27-2021, 12:45 AM   #140
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Bahahahahaha! This is amazing. Thank you for your service, Serious Calf.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:06 AM   #141
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Ohhhh, shoot. It seemed like he was setting up the fake Seer reveal so aggressively, I was sure he was a wolf. We now know that neither Legate nor Lommy are the Seer, so it could be one or both of them. Boro just comes across *so* innocent, and Morsul was so quick to jump on Sally over Pitch, that I'm almost guessing it's the two Finns after all.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:08 AM   #142
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

On the other hand, the wolves haven't jumped on that Pitch vote yet, so maybe Morsul *is* a wolf? Because otherwise, the wolves would have that one wrong innocent vote they need to make sure they win toDay...
Old 04-27-2021, 01:14 AM   #143
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

GO TO BED, POP!

❤️
Old 04-27-2021, 03:26 AM   #144
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

More chaos! MORE!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:44 AM   #145
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
More chaos! MORE!
This game is either a trainwreck or a Greek tragedy. I'm still trying to decide which.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #146
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
This game is either a trainwreck or a Greek tragedy. I'm still trying to decide which.
Indeed, the dramatic irony is strong toDay. Hamlet? It even has a ghost!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:42 AM   #147
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Still popping sorry! Dreams were:

Night 1 - Greenie - innocent
Night 2 - Sally - wolf
Night 3 - Boro - innocent
Night 4 - Pitch - innocent
Old 04-27-2021, 12:53 PM   #148
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Still popping sorry! Dreams were:

Night 1 - Greenie - innocent
Night 2 - Sally - wolf
Night 3 - Boro - innocent
Night 4 - Pitch - innocent
Rude. ❤️
Old 04-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #149
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Mostly here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
So that's two wolves among Morsul, Lommy, Pitch, Boro, and Legate. Soriman and Kath are innocent. That's good, that narrows it down a bit.

I think we should definitely do another Ghost toMorrow - we can't afford not to, given that we basically have two known innocents.
Not quite sure how all this works, but if we haven't already lost toDay, then it's got to be out of Morsul, Lommy, Legate due to my dreams.

I'm glad you are all about as clueless as I was then! I seem to have done a brilliant job of spotting innocents but not much else.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #150
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Not quite sure how all this works, but if we haven't already lost toDay, then it's got to be out of Morsul, Lommy, Legate due to my dreams.

I'm glad you are all about as clueless as I was then! I seem to have done a brilliant job of spotting innocents but not much else.
You did get one wolf, that's something

I think I'll skip the voting again toDay, as I'd have to vote now and I have a feeling there might be a few more Hamlet moments in store for us later on. At this point, I think Lommy, Legate and Morsul are all creepy so I'm happy for us to go for any of them. (I'm starting to believe our remaining wolves are Lommy and Legate, which would mean I can never trust my family again. )
Old 04-27-2021, 01:54 PM   #151
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll be around till the deadline, so if we need to break any ties (i.e. to save Boro or--even more likely--Pitch), I'm here.

Of course, with Sallyghostwolf around, we'll need more than just my vote--last thing we want is a one/one tie and she voted first on a technicality. Lottie? I know it'd be late for Kath--doubly so for Greenie.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #152
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Yes, I'll be here and able to vote! It seems like Lommy and Legate are trying to push for Boro to be the other horse in the race, so I don't know how much help we can be. Better hope for a last minute bandwagon another direction.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #153
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

If Form and Lottie you're willing and able to be there at deadline to make a hopeful attempt at saving us I'd be grateful. I've been up too late with this game already after sally's near successful ploy the other Day!
Old 04-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #154
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I feel like Lommy is taunting us...if she actually does vote Legate, that might tell us it's a Morsul-Legate pack, otherwise I feel like she's toying with our poor dead hears.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #155
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

She did it!! We have a chance!
Old 04-27-2021, 04:02 PM   #156
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Definitely. If it comes down to breaking a Legate/Boro tie, we save the Known Innocent.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #157
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

For what it's worth, I am in no shape right now to scheme or plot. You have nothing to worry about from me. I am, however, watching this entire mess with the utmost attention.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #158
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

There are two wolves among Lommy, Legate, and Morsul. If we can take a shot at any one of them, we have 66% odds at hitting a wolf. Depending on if the innocents give us a chance at the tiebreaker, we might be able to pull this one off.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #159
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Pitch and Legate are tied at two each, with Soriman and Boro left to vote. Soriman could go either way, but will probably vote Pitch, so we just have to hope Boro votes for Legate to give us the power to break the tie.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:42 PM   #160
Formendacil
Dead Serious

If Soro no-votes and Boro votes wrong, we're in trouble.