The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #321
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Yes, he does have a terrible voting record. The only consistent votes he has had are against Boromir and myself, and those never amounted to much. Rather odd, I think.

At this point, I am inclined to think Farael may be our last wolf. I will hold off on voting however. I'd like to see if we'll have a consensus first.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Valier's voting record really looks logical and clear were she a wolf.
- Protecting Naria with both words and deeds (votes), consistently voting to let Naria out of the trouble two Days in a row.
- Nailing Volo yesterDay with a safe vote as he had been somewhat being suspected by most of us so you had a good reason for your vote and sealed the destiny of one innocent.

But then there is the other side of this.
- Would she be defending her comrade-in-lycantrophy so boldly?
- Remembering that Boro already defended Naria indirectly by trying to question the grounds of Lommy's theory about Rune's death, it would sound astoninshing indeed if the other wolf would also get involved in saving the fellow so openly. I mean both wolves on high-publicity rescue effort for a fellow? I think that highly improbable and meriting the victory if it so was...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #323
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
I will hold off on voting however. I'd like to see if we'll have a consensus first.
Good!

Btw. this might be historical, but I tend to believe you two more innocent because you have been so silent... (NB. Nogrod calling someone innocednt because the ones don't speak a lot!!! *now where's that history-book?*)

What I mean is that either of you being a wolf would have liked more actively to influence the voting toDay as you both were under the death-sentence (CoD with a permanent one vote anytime executed to be the final one and Valier for already gaining two first, even if removable).

But now, what say you?
Old 11-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #324
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think we have all made very valid and reasonable points about Farael today. I think he is the logical choice for the last wolf. CoD if you are the last wolf....Kudos to you, you are still mighty suspisious, but after all this talk about Farael I feel we have unearthed alot against him. Do we have a concensus? We are running out of time
Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #325
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

I think we have consensus in regard to Farael. He appears to be the logical choice.

But Valier worries me, now. She seems quite anxious for us to switch our votes. Maybe that is just the time speaking for her, though.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #326
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Valier. You are making me most uneasy now with your hurry and the previous post about the need to have a consensus on Farael... after a 180 degree turn from high suspicion on CoD...

It's Farael or you to me toDay... Ten minutes. Good arguments against Farael and a bad last moment feeling for you.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #327
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Darn CoD, you got the same feeling? Might we be right?

But Farael might explain Lommy's death...
Old 11-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #328
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I am in a rush, because we only have less than ten minutes left, no other reason. I will vote for Farael first if that is what you guys are worried about.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #329
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

If we let our votes stand, Valier dies.

If we change them Farael probably gets lynched.

Nasty to leave it to the last minutes...
Old 11-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #330
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I will vote for Farael first if that is what you guys are worried about.
That's not the thing... and this post kind of made me a bit more confident in you.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #331
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Darn CoD, you got the same feeling? Might we be right?

But Farael might explain Lommy's death...
I'm not sure. This is all very confusing. I'm getting conflicting feelings regarding the two of them right now.

Do we just need to secure reasoning for killing Thinlomien? I would like to lynch Farael, and granted he has been on my case this whole game, but Valier has given me some odd feelings from time to time with her voting and reasoning.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #332
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I'll trust the enigma of Lommy's death be resolved with this

-- Valier

++ Farael

As Farael liked to point out: may Eru watch after us...

And if Valier was the baddie, well that was sooo incredibly bold game that I've not seen one like that in my WW-history. And thence deserves to win.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #333
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I really would like to see us win this and I don't get why you guys all of a sudden suspect me more. I thought we had a consensus going and I just stated that in a rush, we have no time to beat around the bush. We know it's one of us, and time is running out. I believe we are right in our thoughts on Farael. I hope you make the right choice.

++Farael

Last edited by Valier; 11-19-2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: cross posted with both CoD and Nog
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:59 PM   #334
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

--Valier

++Farael

I do hope we are right.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #335
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

*crossesfingers*
Old 11-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #336
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

*crosses toes*
Old 11-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #337
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

May the righteous dead bless us...
Old 11-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #338
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

As no votes will be accepted after the deadline we might consider us victorious - unless someone of us does not know it and tries to stay low for that reason... Were I a wolf I would have started a little show-off just for the fun of it.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #339
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
As no votes will be accepted after the deadline we might consider us victorious - unless someone of us does not know it and tries to stay low for that reason... Were I a wolf I would have started a little show-off just for the fun of it.
Now, now...don't get too sure of yourself. Maybe they'd rather have Jenny drop the last bomb on us, after making us wait in suspense.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #340
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Or maybe they just aren't around....
Old 11-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #341
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Should I start to suspect you again CoD?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #342
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Should I start to suspect you again CoD?
No, not that it matters now.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #343
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Day's closed. Farael is innocent. Which leaves three of you left right?

So tonight our wolf kills one, and tomorrow wins automatically...

I don't have internet at home yet, so no narration yet (SO SORRY ABOUT NARRATIONS), but let me just give a resounding

"Way to Go, VALIER!"

Because that was one of the most masterful displays of evilness ever...
Old 11-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #344
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

" GGGGGRRRRRRRR Baby yeah!!!!!!!"
Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #345
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Congrat's Valier, very nifty dealing and moves made at the end...excellent job.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #346
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

And we were so close!!! On last minute we were pondering about changing to Valier... with good reasons it seems!

Oh darn you Valier, just beautiful! Worth of every minstrel to sing loud and clear!!!

Just great! And I mean the whole team!

*boldboldbold*
Old 11-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #347
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would like to appologize to CoD for being on you the whole game....forgive me? and Nogrod....so sorry I took advantage That was the most intense game EVER!!!!! I had sweaty palms and everything. Great job fellow wolves for leading everyone astray and thanks Boromir for your last day, my sides were hurting from laughing!!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #348
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
You killed ME???? after all I did (including suspecting innocent CoD... whoops)

I knew it, I knew I shouldn't have left... I came here expecting victory and this is what I get? LYNCHED?!

Oh well, I guess I should take my hat off to Valier, she managed to say nothing of substance and let us ordos kill each other.

And CoD, I still don't trust you

Good job to the wolves... they had us running around good for most of the game. And good job on Durelin without whom we wouldn't have stood a chance. Got to run, I just wanted to check in to see what had happened.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #349
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The remaining four had argued all that day. They tried to keep their heads clear, but the fear that hung over all of them clouded their minds like an insistent and annoying mist. They all trembled for their very lives. None of them had any guarantee that they would survive.

Finally, as evening drew near, they began to voice who they thought should be killed. “Valier must,” they said. “She has to be the guilty one.”

“I am not!” she cried, a hot flush rising to her already burning cheeks. “Look at Farael! Look at his shameful voting record, what happened to Lommy last night!” Her arguments and points continued and no one could put them off. Farael remained silent and mute, staring at her with bitterness in his dark eyes.

Time pressed them. Valier had convinced the Captain and Nogrod. Nothing was left to be done, except execute him.

“You two do it, like you did to Volo last night,” Valier said, stepping back. “I want nothing to do with this. I personally think it’s a man’s job.” A strange smile flickered across her lips, but neither Nogrod nor the Captain noticed it.

“She’s guilty!” Farael bawled out. “You can tell by the look on her face! She’s guilty! Kill her, not me! I didn’t kill Lommy! It would have been a stupid thing for me to do because you would suspect me!”

Nogrod grabbed his arm and started to haul him away, but Farael kicked and struggled, shouting and coming close to cursing in despair and fury. He struck Nogrod to get him to let go and knocked the elderly general to the grond. The Captain had had enough. He drew a hidden knife and plunged it deep into Farael’s left side.

“You are our final wolf,” he whispered harshly in his ear. “Don’t complain when you get your just desserts.”

Farael looked at him, his eyes round and large, gasped once, and then collapsed in a heap on the ground.

A fiendish laugh burst out from behind the Captain startling him. He jerked around, the knife in his hand. Valier was doubled over, laughing until the tears ran down her face. And beside her, stood a tall, dark man, clothed in black and cloaked like one of old.

“The blood of your own friend stains your hand,” the man said. “You have killed your last hope and now hope is no more.”

Nogrod slowly rose to his feet and stood beside the Captain. The stranger’s dark eyes flicked to Nogrod and he smiled in a way that made the two innocent companions shudder.

“Now, despair and die.”

A hideous transformation took place in Valier’s body. Before their eyes, she transformed into that legendary creature, the werewolf.

The sun was just sinking now, and the required darkness of night was falling to cloak the scenes that troubled the earth below.

Last edited by Folwren; 11-20-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #350
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Just to rub it in a little bit (because I'd like to)...

Everyone was looking in the wrong place...to show you:
Quote:
I'll help you out more...what I've said today is 1000 times more valuable than anything I've said in the prior days combined...yep...it's true
Aye, but nobody wanted to take my last day serious so concentrated on the wrong days...I really wanted to help, but nobody believed me.
Quote:
If I was an innocent I would really be concerned about Farael and Lommy over there...Aye the one's that are acting all good and just in getting rid of me, they're the one's to look at.

Valier would scare me even more...she's Miss silent assassin wolf over there
Quote:
Valier...don't worry I'll find a way to get you back for the betrayal you just committed. I can't believe it. This is definitely not what we had discussed.
Can't say it enough crafty maneuvering there at the end, you came so close to getting pinned twice. Had Durelin picked you there was no hope, and you were good for dead there at the end until the last minutes.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #351
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Hi baddies! Tell me what was the point in killing Lommy? I thought that Valier might be capable of it but still it felt just odder than odd... So you tried to frame Farael, or what?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #352
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Arrrrrrrrrgh!

So I guess I should have dreamed of you. Then I would have been in 7th heaven right now.

Good job you wolves! And I think all us villagers deserve a good bit of praise, too. That was such an excellent game! I haven't been in one so supenseful...well, at all, that I can recall.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #353
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok it will take me awhile to calm down from that last hour.... Great job from everyone!!! I pulled out all the stops and every plan I could think of to sway you all to not kill me, I was sure I wouldn't get away with it.....I am proud of myself for not screwing it all up by saying something dumb at the end.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #354
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Boro, you posted so much stuff after Durelin's revealment that it would have been futile to try and guess which ones were right (as I knew there would be right ones) and which were plain misleading.

But you have deserved your hour of rubbing...
Old 11-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #355
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I must have been the worst Cobbler ever, but then I made a pretty good Seer. . .

Sorry about that friends. . .

I actually had spend the whole day (night fase) reading through the game where TORE exelled as a Cobbler, to get a clue to what I could do.

I was sure I could not spot the wolves so I decided that I wanted to stir some confusion or get my self lynched, but unfortunately my friends had already decided to kill me.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #356
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Hi baddies! Tell me what was the point in killing Lommy? I thought that Valier might be capable of it but still it felt just odder than odd... So you tried to frame Farael, or what?
I actually did what I didn't think you would think I would do...TeeHee So I killed Lommy to throw you all for a loop. And I wanted to bring people to the end who I could hope to sway...and I knew Lommy would be a challenge. Really I had so many plans going on in my head I was a wreck!! I had butterflies in my stomache and sweaty palms for most of the last part of the game.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #357
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Thumbs up

Wow!! That was the most intense hour EVER !! Absolutely brilliant Valier, you rock!

I know that there may be some of you that wondered why I would not post to, at the very least, try and save myself. Well, two words...sacrificial wolf. I did have the flu so I figured why mess with the plan and possibly ruin it by making a feavered induced stupid post...that could have pointed to one of my companions. Every kill we did was thought out to it's fullest(yes even you Rune...ugh) and pretty much every word spoken was intentional. Bold? Nah. Crazy? Maybe. Cunning and devious? Definately. The end result...priceless!

Boro, you had me tearing up with your last posts. Just great!!

Durelin, how did you manage to keep quite like that?! You would have definetely made it to the end(as possibly the only seer in ww?) because we had NO idea it was you and wouldn't have figured it out till it was too late. Even though you were on the good team, I take a bow...good job!!

To the rest of the clan...kudos! You all played a really amazing game.

To Jenny and Foley. I loved your narrations and can't wait for the final one...kudos as well to you both.

Last edited by Naria; 11-19-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #358
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Well, Boro seems slightly odd, actually, but I can't put my finger on it yet. It isn't merely quietness; something about him seems wicked, tricksssy, falsssse, but I'll reserve judgement for now.
I guess I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut when I have a hunch!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #359
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Heh, even though I'm on the losing side I'm still pretty happy, since I figured out that both Naria, Boromir, and Valier were wolves. Congrats to Valier for surviving. I guess I don't have much else to say, because I kind of lost touch with what was going on after I died. I would have kept up with the goings on here but I was busy with Fea's game.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #360
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I would like to appologize to CoD for being on you the whole game....forgive me?
Oh, of course I do. Good game, wolfie.