The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #241
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quadrupule posting...? Oh, my...

Ok.

The argument between CoD and Naria is too big for two wolves. Also, Naria votes CoD without knowing the situation (very dangerous for a wolf). Thirdly, Boro defends him too much. Besides, I don't think even Boro would so fiercely protect both his wolvish companion in the same day and even in the same sentence.
I think CoD's innocent, after all.

Farael I'm inclined to consider innocent too. He and Boro argue way too much to be companions in wolvery. And the whole interaction thing... I don't think he'd mess his fellow wolf in such business.

So, Valier or Volo?
It could be any of them, though I'm slightly more inclined to believe Volo guilty. Mostly because of he himself pointing out that he did not say a word about Naria while she was alive. First, who else than a wolf keeps any account of who he has spoken about? Can't think of anyone, Except the seer maybe, and we know Volo is no seer. And, why didn't he say a word about her when she was alive? Maybe because he didn't want to take sides considering his fellow wolf.

I'll vote about two hours from now and my vote will probably go to Volo, but a vote for Valier is certainly not an impossibility either.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:04 AM   #242
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I can't believe I'm... cinqupule? fivble? fifthble? (any suggestions?) posting

Is the last battle of this village going to be one including a flood-posting Lommy and a bunch of mutes? I understand we all have different timezones and different amount of time to commit to ww, but this seems quite ridiculous. Besides me only Farael and Nogrod (who hopefully posts his borolysis soon) have posted. I'm glad they, at least, have. Doesn't look very good to me. In this phase only villains profit from silence. If I'm alive tomorrow, I will certainly remember that. Where's CoD who used to post at "dawn"? Where's Volo who has been able to post before the finnish afternoon before? Where's Valier? Truly, this village is probably driving me crazy. We need evidence to catch the wolf. We need analysis, discussion and theories to catch him/her. What we need the least is a cowardly silence.

Without further ranting

++Volo

I can't say he's overtly suspicious, but I can't say that of anyone else either. It's just that CoD and Farael look pretty innocent (not to mention our known innocent Nogrod), and Volo looks slightly more alarming than Valier. (Check my previous posts.)

But, really, do speak if you're not wolves or cravens. Or worst of all, cravens that suffer from lycantrophy.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #243
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Last comment before I leave... Septuple posting?

Incriminating evidence: Volo has been online today, last an hour ago. But hasn't posted anything here!

Noggie's concentrating on the wrong ww...

Well, that's it before I leave. I hope I don't need to see you tomorrow, ie. I hope we lynch the last wolf today.

But I could echo what I said just a few minutes ago:
Quote:
But, really, do speak if you're not wolves or cravens. Or worst of all, cravens that suffer from lycantrophy.
Bye.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just to inform you...

I need to get something to eat, but after that I will sit by my computer and read through Boro's posts precedeng yesterDay.

Let's go hunt one wolf!

That's heroic Lommy (if you're not a wolf) - that's almost as heroic (were you the last remaining lycanthrope)!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #245
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Yes yes, I'm here, for once I have time to look through the game to find sense in something. Wouldn't want to die innocent the day I have time to write something...

EDIT: Nah, sorry, I forgot that I have to go out now. I hope that it won't take too much time and I'll post something with more sense later. Working on CoD right now, and he doesn't seem wolfish.

Last edited by Volo; 11-17-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #246
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Working on CoD right now, and he doesn't seem wolfish.
Just a really quick post, I have a lab report due this afternoon and I still have two little details to write. The introduction and the conclussion...

If CoD does not seem wolfish, why 'work' on him? I think we are fairly pressed to find whoever IS the wolf, we cannot possibly prove anyone to be innocent now that our Seer is dead, so we should try to find the guilty ones, not make cases for someone else's innocence.

That really seems wolfish to me, as the wolf (duh) knows that whoever he claims to be innocent WILL be innocent thus making him look good.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #247
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
I am sorry for not posting at 'dawn'. I felt that, considering what transpired the day before, I am more of a distraction than an aid.

Anywho, I am suspicious of Volo and Valier.

Volo, apparently, is doing what I am doing, in saying nothing of substance and being rather shifty (in my opinion, of course). I'm not sure whether we should lynch him first or not. Though I am all for lynching him.

Valier, on the other hand, has proven to be just as odd, in my mind. But I can't quite put my finger on it (I'd rather use the iron fist of justice, anyhow).

I'm torn, between these two. I'd very much like to get rid of both of them and see what happens. But since I can't, I'll probably side with Volo, who sits a bit more uneasily with me at this point.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 AM   #248
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Borolysis under construction and coming soon. It's quite a job I must say but interesting things to follow...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #249
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Borolysis Part I

I’m trying to restrict this to those remarks that have something to do with people alive here, but I can’t promise that if something interesting shows up...

DAY1
Quote:
I'm always the red-shirted Mr. Johnson that travels with Kirk, Spock, and Mccoy, on an expeditionary team and ends up dying...so I'm looking at our Mr. Shatner over there.
The infamous point towards Durelin that I think went to arouse discussion, rather misinterpreted, more like in-character banter, I would say.

Quote:
Thinlo...I really am having trouble understanding your logic...

I mean I know it's Day 1 and all, and we all are grasping at straws here. But honestly CoD is one of the most innocent looking people (at least to me). Really he is the only one that has spoken some decent sense to me so far (see above quote [eg. keeping an eye on Farael and Durelin]), instead of complete bilge. I won't cast my vote for somebody that's been trying to make some sense out of the non-sensical Day 1's.
So questioning Lommy’s logic, Defending CoD and agreeing with keeping an eye on Farael.

Now this looks interesting...
Quote:
Yes, the wolves do like to get out there and get the village turning (right now, for me, Nogrod, Anguirel, and CoD would fall under here). However, I wouldn't put it past at least one of the wolves to say very little (if anything at all) on Day 1...while one or both of their buddies go out and get their hands dirtied.

On those three above, I probably won't vote for any of them, today...though Nogrod looks the most dangerous (of the three). His suspicion of CoD looks a little bold for a wolf to make, but with his family history I wouldn't put anything past him. So, I guess you could say I'll be watching Nogrod.
So first of all he makes himself to look suspicious (among two known innocents and CoD). Then he declares that at least one wolf would be silent (Naria! – at least). Then he suspects me because what I’ve said about CoD – so again defending him and / or using him as a reason to suspect me mildly.

Quote:
I've seen those types of 'playful' interactions between wolves on Day 1 before. Where the wolves joke around and have this interaction going on...hence why I thought you seemed to be making the most sense out of anybody....and why I too am suspicious of Farael and Durelin. Now with you backing away, after seemingly the concensus was you were barking up the wrong tree, and has ultimately caused you to fall under some scrutiny, you have fallen back in my eyes.

I do find Durelin and Farael's interactions today quite troubling...as this attitude of 'playfulness' is not uncommon or unheard of for wolves to do on Day 1. I've witnessed it between wolf partners before and is not something that I take lightly or simply cast aside as nonsensical rubbish.
First he goes to agree with CoD in reasoning about his innocence, then comes the quote above. I’m not quite sure what it means. But surely in the end he comes back suspecting Farael and Durelin again.

After Durelin notified Boro’s not-normal behaviour he posted the following:
Quote:
Durelin, you're last two posts may have saved a vote from me at least for today. Looks quite observant and a bit helpful to me, if I may say so. You have correctly noticed that I have not been my usual self...due to various factors such as lack of time, lack of sleep, and lack of substantial stuff to comment on. Honestly, everything I've said is everything I felt was worth commenting on...
Thence he absolved Durelin and voted for Farael.

DAY2
Quote:
Durelin the one that's raising the biggest eyebrows for me. I'm not used to see this talkative Durelin that is seemingly coming out here in the wee hours of the morning to try to sway the village in the direction the wolves want it to go in. Something just doesn't seem right, here. I was wary of the interaction with Durelin and Farael yesterday, and Durelin has only heigtened my suspicion of that.

The more I think about it the more this makes sense. I find no particular reason to suspect CoD, and I really didn't get what the big fuss over Anguirel was about. This would make the Rikae kill work in their benefit to give us no direction on where to look...yet the wolves may have come out here trying to make it look like Rikae was on to something...and send us all in the wrong direction.
So he turned against Durelin again (no mention of Farael here). Yet defending CoD and indeed suggesting that the wolves would have killed Rikae to make us suspect CoD – and thence being in the wrong tracks!!!

Quote:
I agree with Ang in that if Lommy was a wolf she made a very safe wolve vote. However, the vast majority of the time a wolf doesn't vote first, they like to wait around and see what the village is thinking a bit before they choose. Also, what Lommy's said today makes her look innocent to me.

Volo just scares me because of his inactivity and his few confusing posts with some type of foreign language (German?). He could be the cobbler, but I don't have enough to go off of, besides the fact that he was confusing, and still is baffling me.
He looks at the CoD/Ang voters, ending up suspecting Durelin and Gurthang. Vote to Gurthang follows... So “assuming” again CoD innocent? He notifies Volo the first time in the game here and only says the above. Hmm...?

DAY3
Quote:
I have gone through Rune's posts. There are a few possibilities running through my head.

1) The wolves killed Rune to confuse us even further and continue us spiralling in circles. It may have worked better than they intended as it just so happens they kill the cobbler...so exactly how much info can we get out of Rune's posts?

2) The wolves as Lommy points out believed Rune was the seer and this would put a mark on Naria and Volo...as those seem to be the two people he 'suspected' the most. This begs the again, just exactly how much reliablity can we put in Rune's 'suspicions?'

I'm growing wary of Lommy over there whom is pushing the wolves must have believed Rune was the seer, and claims she knows exactly why he was killed...because of his comments. This rings some alarms in my head. Such narrow-minded thinking into believing only one 'right answer' is dangerous. If you are innocent, you should open your mind a bit.
Now interesting stuff again... He really tries to make us believe there is no value in going through Rune’s posting as it would mean that Naria (a wolf) and Volo would look bad. So he was defending a wolf-Naria. The question remains whether he was also defending his other mate? And where did Volo drop in her from anyway? What Lommy said was that if Rune was a seer then Naria would be bad and CoD good. Could it be that Rune said to trust or feel innocent or not having an idea about all others but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Volo i am uneasy about. . .I will let him be today though (because he is not pressent)
Naria is a wolf and need to be delt with (meaning I suspect her)
It’s also interesting to see that when Lommy seemed to hit the right track he calls it narrow-minded... worthy of suspicion even? Or was he trying to teach a fellow-wolf some manners (indirectly saying to her: do not continue that line, we’re in danger here)?

In #153 he spends a considerable amount of energy to make us buy the version that Rune was a cobbler and killed because of that. Looks to me that he was even more intent to defend Naria (and Volo?). Anyhow he wishes us to leave the Rune-issue behind us and pressures us – we have no more time for mistakes so let’s go forwards. Saying: lynching Naria or CoD not good ideas. So trying to take back the slipped notion on Volo here?

Was it that pressurising then? So both wolves there?

He also calls Farael hasty and declines the trio Durelin, CoD, Boro, complaining that we should get one wolf first before going after any trios...

In #160 he continues objecting to the Rune-theory and says we are on a slippery road as we concentrate on two people only (a good argument, even if its made by a wolf). He calls it dangerous indeed! So he really wishes us to turn from that road (killing Naria or CoD – Volo has now totally dropped from the talk)

Quote:
The main person being Farael whom I'm highly suspicious of.

For some others. Lommy worried me at the beginning of the day, but lately that's lessened quite a bit...

The other person that I'm growing more concerned about is Volo, who seemingly is all over the place. First he says Nogrod is too bold to be a wolf as he is coming out and establishing arguments against people. He believed a wolf would not do such a thing. (I disagreed, especially when we're talking about Nogrod). Now he's come out and said that there really is no point to Nogrod's posts.

You also ask why the wolves haven't killed so far the quiet ones like Naria or Volo. I think either:

1) Naria or Volo (or both are wolves) hence they have not been killed yet. This I think is more likely in Volo's case who is completely everywhere.

2) This I feel is more likely with Naria, she's an easy target for a lynch. Simply kill Rune to get people to think the wolves believed he was the seer and the people will cry Naria's a wolf...lynch her. Hence, why she hasn't been killed, as she hasn't been feeling well and presumably not be able to put up much of a defense. Which would benefit the wolves in two ways to keep her around. It would first create a crisis of uncertainty in the village. Do we think Naria's a wolf? Eventhough she's been under the weather, this doesn't mean she isn't a wolf, yet we feel bad if she turns out to be innocent. But do to the circumstances, we actually won't know until Naria is lynched. The other benefit again, an easy lynch candidate for the next day.

I would much rather see Farael lynched. However, if it comes down to it, I will vote for Naria to save CoD. CoD seems more valuable to have than Naria. Regrettably Naria is not feeling well, but because of this she isn't going to be much help and will remain a thorn in our side.
Then something like a chance in course I might say. He still seems to defend Naria but puts CoD before her! Maybe he was feeling the need to distance himself from Naria as he saw that the village might indeed lynch her?

Quote:
Farael I also feel more comfortable voting for instead of CoD or Naria, but we have to know what we're going to do, so we nor the wolves can botch anything here at the end.

--------------------
Part II with some summary-notes and ideas to follow (those comments of mine above are only preliminary remarks that I thought while reading through Boro's posting.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #250
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm here, I have a few hours today to be around, so I would like to hear more from everyone.....oh wait Volo forgot he had to go out Convenient.

Today Volo looks the most odd, but I am still unwilling to just let CoD go again another day. I just can't shake this odd feeling I have about him. Volo has not contributed much at all and seems to be just confusing...I'm not sure yet. I would like to hear more from you CoD if you are around.

Nogrod, since you are the only known innocent...what are your thoughts? I don't know if all this Boro analysis will get us anywhere, even thought Farael seems to want to keep Nogrod busy with that task today, which I thought was odd...Farael you already asked Noggie to do an analysis, and today you post first and again ask Nog to do it....hmmmmm Trying to keep his attention else where? I know I'm a bit all over, but this is a very hard day and I find everyone at least a bit suspicious, I just must figure out who is the most.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #251
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
If CoD does not seem wolfish, why 'work' on him? I think we are fairly pressed to find whoever IS the wolf, we cannot possibly prove anyone to be innocent now that our Seer is dead, so we should try to find the guilty ones, not make cases for someone else's innocence.
You do have to "work" on someone to see if he/she is a wolf... And CoD was the person I chose to be the first.
Today is the first day I mind if I die or not, but don't you think that my last post yesterday would have been a good move from a wolf, who seem to be staying in the shadows otherwise... Ok, me noting that first does make it sound wolfish...
Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Borolysis Part II

About Naria, his fellow wolf he said nothing before Day3 as Durelin questioned him on leaving her out from his analysis (he had a good explanation to it, though, but only said he would come to her in time...). After that “the Rune-theory” was proposed by Lommy. He went fiercly against it and tried to sway us to look otherwise eg. defended Naria without never kind of making any straight comments about her. In the end he somewhat half-heartedly said he would vote Naria before CoD, but would stick to Farael (or seemingly almost anyone else).

Nota bene. Another one he actually said nothing about was Valier. Probably (I’m not 100% sure but this is near the only thing at least – I’ll check it if I have time for it) the only thing on Valier was in #153 where he defended Valier’s reasoning concerning the Cobbler-Rune -theory.

What I mean here?

Farael he was attacking all the time, relentlessly. CoD he defended with the same vigour. Lommy too was in his posts every once in a while, going like an elevator up and down in suspicion. I’m bent to consider all three innocent as Boro is well aware of the fact that those who are talked of end up in the gallows more often than those we do not speak.

Volo he was also very quiet about. He did note that Volo was scary and baffling him. Somehow he also put Volo in the middle of the Rune-theory discussion but as soon drew him away from it. In the end he started voicing growing concern of him (even though with quite vague reasons).

What to make of it?

On the light of Boro’s posting (see: on the basis of his posting – there are other considerations too and I will go to them as soon as I can)

I’m pretty sure Farael is innocent, just because how relentlessly Boro attacked him.

Of the others I’m not so sure any more.

Lommy is hard to judge based on Boro’s posting but because she came up with the idea that in the end killed Naria and we can read Boro’s frustration with it, I might tend to believe her innocent too.

CoD I would think innocent rather than a baddie as he could be Boro’s innocent pal here. So Boro buying trust with someone who retaliates for every distrust? But this could actually be a great bluff too (a wolf highly defending another would be unheard of and nicely cleaning the other if one dies!).

Volo might be a wolf as he was considerably little mentioned in his posts and the mild suspicions were just enough to look earnest but not too damning. His last growing concern might have been a trick (as he saw that Naria was in trouble and he needed to distance himself from them both) or then not. I think there is no good evidence either way on Volo here.

Based on Boro’s posting Valier looks the most suspicious with similar pattern by Naria. Being silent about. No one can be sure though that Boro would treate both his fellows in villainy the same way...

But as I said, this according to Boro’s posting. I’ll go to other things soon...
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #253
Volo

CoD

Day1

#3 His famous seerish in character talk.

#13 In character defending Durelin. Suggests to keep an eye on Farael and Durelin.

#37 Says in character that he’s innocent. Suspects Lommy.

#40 Good reasoning why he can’t be a cobbler, and he’s not. Suspects Naria, Nogrod, Durelin, Farael and Lommy.

#42 Tells that he was just going to keep an eye on Farael and Durelin, did he? Tells that he’s attacked just for being in character.

#49 Tells that his first post was just an in character post. Leaves Durelin and Farael because he doesn’t find anything needed saying about them.

#53 Once again tells that his first post was in character. Is suspicious of Naria, Lommy, Durelin and Farael. Says that he had reason to defend Durelin. Doesn’t suspect Durelin (?). Votes Lommy for voting CoD.

Day2

#81 Isn’t suspicious of Lommy anymore, because Lommy isn’t suspicious of CoD. Is suspicious of Durelin, because she suspects CoD.

#99 Agrees with Boromir’s reasonings about Gurthang being suspicious. The same thing about Lommy not being suspicious. Doesn’t find enough information about Naria and Farael to say anything.

#111 Doesn’t like Naria’s reasonless vote for him. Wants to vote either Gurthang or Naria.

#118 Votes Naria because she voted him without reason.

Day3

#134 Isn’t a cobbler. Suspects Naria because Rune voted her.

#137 Suspects Naria even more. Sees a pattern of killing the quiet.

#149 Calls Farael’s long CoD research ridiculous (I rather liked it). Is even more sure about lynching Naria.

#158 CoD makes this one rather interesting (to me): he tells that he’s playing by feeling, yes that doesn’t have much sense if we want to win, but that’s how an innocent not really caring would do. I don’t know if CoD cares but thins makes him feel innocent to me.

#170 Has to leave so votes Naria

#183 ”Go ahead and lynch me. But nothing under my rock will you find.”

Day4

#190 Wants to look at Farael, though Valier does present a tempting choise.

#192 Agrees with Nogrod about Boromir’s strange vote for Farael. Says that killing the quiet players would reveal the wolves too much (and is right with me being the last one of those).

#214 Votes known wolf Boromir and says that he won’t be putting anymore defenses on himself.

#218 Agrees with Valier that he won’t be defending himself because he can’t, nobody will believe.

#220 Either CoD is a really great wolf, he is innocent, proven by this post. Now this is how I feel, he neither had any hopes of surviving so far.

#229 Farael suspects CoD. CoD: ” You have two options: Take me at my word, and go on trying to find the last wolf, or lynch me and waste more time. The latter, of course, will spell your own doom.”

So:

This all CoD suspecting started from a really little mistake he made, that was a reason to be lynched on day one, but otherwise he doesn't seem wolf. He has been defending himself mostly and playing with feeling, not really caring if he died. He has sure said more than me, and maybe I say so about CoD as that is how I felt myself. I have thought about CoD being a wolf too for not having time for better thoughts, but now I think we both are innocent in a similar way.

Thanks for the Borolysis Nogrod. There is not a single time mentioned the word Valier in it and that is suspicious, of course Boromir is a skilled player and can bluff well, but... I'll read of Valier next.

EDIT: xd with Nogrod, that's what I'm also (trying to) saying
Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #254
Volo

Valier

Day1

#21 (I like your profession, not that I’d want to meet a person like that), Anyway: Valier’s first post with in character stuff and telling that she’ll have little time that day. (The word ”Valier” wasn’t mentioned a single time on that page after that one post)

#64 Ok, in the end of page two she is there to say that she is there…

#72 Votes late for Diamond, because of her strange vote (which wasn’t actually that strange) and because Valier can’t deside whom to vote from CoD and Anguirel. A rather wolfish move.

#74 ”It would not be fair for me to vote to kill one of the two when I haven't been around all day. i don't want to be the one looked at tomorrow because I got someone killed and they may have been inoccent.” And so she wasted a vote, or not really, others can still change their votes…

Day2 (page3)

#96 Tells that her vote was mostly random. Mostly suspects CoD, Gurthang, Volo and Nogrod (of whom two are known innocents and two unknown innocents), also suspects Farael, Naria and Rune (a unknown, a wolf and a cobbler, but she doesn’t make reasons with those). Doesn’t suspect too much: Lommy, Boro and Diamond. Doesn’t know about Durelin. So she divided her fellow wolves into the differen categories (not making reasons about Naria whom she ”suspected”.

more later... I'm off to watch Monty Python and talk with a friend I haven't seen for long. I'll be back.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 AM   #255
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I do find it odd that Volo said he had to go but then after I posted my post he suddenly has time to do analysis, but oh wait, he has to go and watch a movie....*sigh* His behavior is getting more and more odd as the day goes by.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #256
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

After reading Noggie's analysis I begin to see where he is coming from. Your post makes sense to me today in all this confusion. I still find it hard to catch a wolf by looking at who past wolves interacted with or didn't. Wolves will attack anyone if it serves their plans, so I think there is a good chance that a wolf would defend or openly attack a fellow wolf. Nothing to me seems too bold for a wolf to do.

I see how my inactivity with Boro could be considered fishy, but I have had little interaction with quite a few people this game, thats how it sometimes is in a big game in the beginning. I tend to concentrated on a group of people at one time(I know my bad) getting a grasp on a large group at once is too hard, I take them as they come into my attention, or lack there of. I tend to be a person who goes with feelings, so me not interacting with a wolf, is not really that far out. I really thought that Naria was an Ordo, just sick...boy was I wrong! I had a bit of interaction with her, so I don't see how looking at who the wolves talked to or didn't proves guilty. I think words and reactions are the most telling if interpreted correct.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #257
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've looked through Valier's posting and even if there are things in there that would lead one to suspect her, there seems to be more of those that point towards her innocence.

Valier's point about not interacting with everyone or mentioning all others makes sense too. And as I said, the fact that Boro said almost nothing about Valier is no evidence on her guilt.

I'll come up with a few points and a wild new idea in a moment. (This in just if someone is to vote very soon as I wouldn't like to see Valier get votes just because I've said that looking at Boro's posting there's an air of suspicion around her.)
Old 11-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #258
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
His behavior is getting more and more odd as the day goes by.
Well what did I do now? I do have things that I prefer or have to prefer over WW... :/

But continuing now with hmm... Farael or Lommy if Nogrod is taking care of Valier. It is true that Boromir ignoring her, doesn't make Valier a wolf, but just trying to make some ideas.

And just to note, two votes on some player gives the wolf an opportunity to save himself/herself for now. Don't count on it though, it may well be that our wolf has already voted.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #259
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, it is very likely I'll be back before the deadline, but it is not certain, so I shall cast my vote.

Of all the remaining unknowns, Volo seems to be the most logical choice. CoD is still suspicious in my eyes, but right now it is a bit too late to get rid of a villager just to clear the air. I see no case against Valier other than her little participation... but then, I haven't been able to post a lot either.

Thus I shall say

++Volo and may the Valar help us find that remaining wolf.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #260
Volo

Oh great , maybe you would at least put a reason with my name. Two innocents will die before next day starts if this continues...

Analyzing Lommy
Old 11-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. I'm only an innocent, not one who knows things... as you know. So if there is to be a toMorrow (hopefully not!), remember I may be wrong here. I have been very wrong many times in this game.

But as it looks to me now.

Farael is probably innocent. His rant with Boro is very hard to interpret as a wolf-on-wolf one. Too dangerous, too noisy. I mean, someone could have taken a point or two from their arguments and start a wagon to lynch him.

-----
CoD has also an unwolvish air about him just because he plays in the style he plays and gets almost everyone annoyed by it. A wolf would have to be really a daring one to risk that kind of play, standing up over all the village. Jsut look at the amount of suspicion he has gathered around him.

-----
Valier does pose a problem to me.

First of all I must agree with Durelin here. When Valier refused to break the tie between CoD and Ang (effectually on that point letting CoD die) I thought it very suspicious washing-hands, but with reread she seems innocent enough.

In #96 she suspects most of us with points (and softenings with many) but not Boro. Then she says there is a no clue -group consisting of Farael, Rune and Naria... I don't know what to make of it.

After Naria informed us that she was sick she came to talk on her behalf in #112.
Quote:
(OOC I know Naria in RL and she is really truly vomity flu sick, so please donot hold that against her or vote for her just for this reason.)
and later in #177
Quote:
I don't want to just Naria slide, but I hate to vote for someone who hasn't been around to defend themselves. That's not saying that she isn't a wolf, just that I think the possibility of CoD being a wolf is higher at the moment.
A good friend might stand up like this but a sneaky wolf might go this way too (there could be defences if she was later accused of this).

Unlike Durelin, I find Valier's speculation about Rune's death quite reasonable. Just lately she has also sounded good. But surely the last remaining wolf would like to do that?

I'm somewhat unsure about her. I feel her innocent but am afraid she's the last one.

-----
Lommy I think to be most probably innocent, but then again, there is a fantastic plot that could be under everything here.

After Naria informed us that she was sick there came the Night. Now if she told the other wolves that she can't participate, so why not to use that to their advantage? So Boro and Lommy came up with this idea: Lommy makes a theory pointing at Naria and Boro is against it. That way they could distance themselves from each other nicely, adding some mild suspicion over each other to spice it a bit. Remember, they were sitting steady in the lead here and Boro was in the Fea-game too and was thence ready to take a risk of being the one of them who might be spotted. And with that trust our Lommywolf will sail through to win the game...

Nice conspiration-theory, but as Di said earlier, we tend to come up with more complex theories about wolves schemings as they actually go with. I'm not sure whether I (or anyone else) should give a second thought to that but I felt I had to say it.

Otherwise I see Lommy to have been both reasonable and helpful villager and I tend to believe her innocent. Were she the last wolf I must say it would almost be an honour to lose to her.

-----
Volo I just can't read even now... I think I never had the skills to it. My lorebooks just tell me that last time he was a wolf and in a tight spot he tended to avoid playing but was available immediately when suspicions started to form. I can see some similarities with the pattern here.

I'll be here before the end but have to take a break for a while (and check also what's going oin in Fea's game).
Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #262
Volo

Oh, true Nogrod, maybe I'm a wolf after all, didn't think like that earlier. But hey seriously, I have reasons why I was away all week and now am not, if you want I can tell them all and give contacts where you can check. Alibi I've got!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:27 PM   #263
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I must go, I have some hair butchering to attend to(RL) I still think that CoD is really suspicious, but Volo warrents my vote today. His behavior does have an odd pattern as I have seen in the lorebooks, I agree with Farael's point today. Volo is the logical choice...May we kill us a Wolf and not have to go through this again tomorrow.

++Volo
Old 11-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #264
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
But hey seriously, I have reasons why I was away all week and now am not, if you want I can tell them all and give contacts where you can check. Alibi I've got!
Don't worry, I won't be calling them anyways. And truly what I said was:
Quote:
Volo I just can't read even now... I think I never had the skills to it.
But surely you also see that a wolf would like to be there if there is a chance he's being killed?

But as I said, I can't read you.

I have to think about this.

EDIT: X'd with Valier... That was it, then...

Double EDIT: No oit wasn't, I had wrong idea about the votes cast...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-17-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #265
Volo

Seems like I'm out, but I'll finish my posts anyway.

Nogrod, do you by any chance know any teachers that would teach me writing understandably?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #266
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

No you're not.

You have three votes, there are four left.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #267
Volo

No there aren't, Durelin's out! So we have you, me, Lommy, CoD, Valier and Farael left. We two will be out today, so you might want to give last advise.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #268
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lommy --> Volo (Volo1)
Farael --> Volo (Volo2)
Valier --> Volo (Volo3)

Not voted yet: CoD, Nogrod, Volo.

Darn. Dead you are. Sorry, my bad. I just checked Jenny's last list and only counted the bolded alive (there was Durelin in that group too).
Old 11-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #269
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll try to say something before I'll draw to my death-sleep... unless you're the last wolf... You might confess now if you are.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:45 PM   #270
Volo

I confess! Wait... Do I? Confess being a wolf? No way! I ain't a wolf. They can (but won't) change their votes still...
Old 11-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #271
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Somehow I don't think you'll get that confession, Nogrod.

I hesistate to vote, hoping we don't kill an innocent, but...

++Volo
Old 11-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #272
Volo

It does discourage you writing summaries knowing that you'll be lynched when at the same time you could do something moderately fun... I'll probably finish this Lommy-summary and then just go. (Just make sure that when you kill me you make it as cruelly as possible.) Who wants to join me with my last supper?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #273
Volo

Sorry for flooding, but I really suggest Nogrod to use his time to think of other probabilities if (strangely ) you find that the last wolf isn't me.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Volo: if you're innocent you would like to use your time to help us other villagers (well, from toMorrow morning to me also, them) to make the best of toMorrow. If you know you're innocent you would bring in all you've got to help your fellows and die as a hero who possibly helped others!

But if you are a lycanthrope, then I can see your frustration. Why to defend oneself with arduos summaries if you're already dead?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #275
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

... and why to confess if someone might still change their minds, if for example I would come up with a strong alternative case...
Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #276
Volo

Dear friends,

I have made a summary of Lommy's posts and in the end may you come to the right conclusion:

Lommy

Day1

#18 First post with in character stuff. The first to suspect CoD, not a very good point, but I followed it… Anyway now we know that CoD didn’t try defending Durelin with that post.

#19 ”Am I really the only one alive? *sigh* I must vote quite soon and there's a pitiful amount of comments to conclude anything of. Must I really go with my feeble suspicion of CoD?” Gets no backup so far.

#22 Agrees with Anguirel that CoD might have meant his post ”defending” Durelin as a joke, but still votes him (CoD). Tells that the vote had bad reasoning, but day one… Leaves

Day2

#78 Says that Ang and Rikea would have been a helf being alive. Notices Boromir’s wolfish appology. Sees CoD quite innocent because of his calmness. Says about keeping an eye on Valier.

#91 Doesn’t find Durelin particulary suspicious. Doesn’t like Gurthang’s vote for Durelin (wrong again). Doesn’t like Diamond’s suspicion of Nogrod (here I somewhat find reason in Diamond’s actions) because Rikae died (but it’s true that this doesn’t have much sense).

#92 ”About Gurthang: I got my "bad feeling" pinned: it's that he always votes early when the vote is safe and then says "I might be back" or as today, comes back. I don't like this kind of behaviour at all. It gives him a "reason" to slip away from the discussion whenever he wants since he's already voted.” I don’t like suspicion for such things, I for one never try to ”escape conversations”, you might believe this when you find out that I am innocent. So, bad reasoning!

#106 I don’t like her suspicion on Boromir, it’s wolfish. ”He is somewhat suspicions but really not too suspisious and not worth noticing”, well you know what I mean. Others make more or less sense to me.

#107 Votes Gurthang, ok, I admit that Gurthang was really suspicios to me too when I read day2 during the next night. I don’t fully like her reasoning (about escaping conversations), but Gurthang did say things of little importance now and then. Keeps an eye on CoD.

Day3

#138 This speaks of Lommy’s innocense, she mentiones the reason Rune was lynched and probably got it right.

#155 Defends herself. Seems like she is talking sense, but to post only a self-defence is something strange from Lommy.

#161 Jokes about Nogrod and Boromir being the remaining wolves, it seems that she doesn’t suspect either of them too much here, Boromir somewhat, but not too straightforward.

#164 Sense I see. But Lommy is such a great WW player that I’d probably see sense in everything even a wolf-Lommy would write. What does this by the way mean: ”So, if I was to guess who the remaining wolves are, I'd say Naria, Boro and CoD or Volo, but I'm far from assured.” You know the last wolf? Yourself maybe? Well, anyway: from her suspicious list everybody is innocent as I see it, so it’s either Valier, Farael or Lommy herself that you have to go after.

#165 Clears her thoughts, nothing interesting.

#171 Her wits tell her to vote Naria and her guts tell her not to vote Naria… hmm. Comments my longest post so far (the Nogrod accusing angstfull post, that now is proved as rubbish).

#175 Votes Nariawolf, speaks for Lommy’s innocense, but anything can happen.

Day4

#200 Still suspects CoD (and me). Well, tomorrow she’ll either be happy or will find that she made a mistake. Desides to check everybody’s relations with Boromir and Naria (I am suspicious with that, and so is Valier).

#203 Votes known wolf Boromir

#205 No, I don’t agree with her about CoD… I might be wrong, but I hope I’m not. She makes me look like I eat a shaman’s breakfast each day, with lots of mushrooms. (HEY, I’M LYNCHED )

Day5

#238 What else . (She won’t able to poison your minds on day6, so be happy, or then she’s just trying to escape conversation (nah, not really, I’m not sure if she’s a wolf))

#239 Just a post about CoD not writing anything in the morning like usually, doesn’t mean anything. Somehow her flooding makes her look either very nervous (just like me being lynched right now…), or then she’s happy of high possibilities of winning as a wolf (umm… that’s also being nervous). But she wrote this while writing the Boromir and Naria relationship post.

#240 Her analysis of Boromir’s and Naria’s relations with other players. Speaks well for her innocense, she wouldn’t waste too much time on things like this being wolf, I think…

#241 At last finds CoD innocent… Thinks of Farael as an innocent also (those two I tend to agree with). Thinks that either me or Valier is guilty, me more than Valier. (Valier being better staying innocent as a wolf than me as an ordo. Hey, I would really like to learn writing well!)

#242 (guess who? Valier? No… Nogrod? No… Well who then? Lommy! You should get the additional title of ”spammer wolf”) Complains about others being absent, I’d also complain (even if I were absent myself). Votes me and starts a fatal bandwagon. Ok, I do seem more suspicious than Valier…

#243 (oh, another one… didn’t remember this one coming. Got seven bullets in your six shooter, that’s a skill!) and I posted straight after that…

So:

Some things just scream wolf, but most is so reasonable, that I see Valier far more wolf than the others. It feels like she was the first to suspect Naria and Boromir, but her gut told her not to vote them too swiftly... That seems rather wolfish, but she then voted them in the end. #164 does seem strange with "the remaining wolves" all wolves still being around and well.

Otherwise Lommy has been talking lots of sense and has helped the village so far. If she's a wolf and wins, I won't be too sad for you who lose next turn, she is a great wolf if she is one.

But, I find ++Valier scarier, I haven't gone through her posts as carefully, but I'd probably vote for her tomorrow if I were alive. Please look through her posts!

Yours sincerely,
Volo the Ordo.

PS: CoD will get my phones. Farael will get my balrog-suit. Give my weapons to charity.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:05 PM   #277
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Oh, don't worry, Volo! I'll be sure to go through Valier quite thoroughly!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #278
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If Volo turns out to be innocent, please note the following.

Farael I haven't been able to look so closely. My judgement on him being innocent rests mainly on Boromir being so aggressively on him all the time.

CoD I think innocent mainly bacause of the opposite reasons: Boro's over-abundant trust seems just too much for a wolf-on-wolf -thing (and if it is one, it sure merits to conquer!). My case on his "seer-hint"-thing does not seem so good at this state of the game.

With Valier you should look at least the points I made in my last post where I though she posed a problem to me. There seems to be some actually suspicious things but also some innocentish ones. She could draw the innocentish ones even as a wolf but might also make suspicious moves being innocent.

And Lommy then. I'm inclined to believe her innocent, but... She will really be a master wolf if she is one. She was possibly a bit too confident with Naria (Valier noted this also), but if she just sticked with the most reasonable explanation, it could also make sense. Were she a wolf, it would really be one of the most daring and complicated plots made up by her and Boro ever seen in WW-history. But as I said, we easily interpret wolves too complicatedly. But do not pass the option as non-existing either.

Watch closely the reactions of this evening (like CoD's last one...). And also who did not react, who carefully backed off and the likes.

Good luck fellows! Sorry I couldn't be of more help... Bring the beast down: it's one of three to all of you and only one mudding the waters...

You can do it!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #279
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm extremely unsettled here... Volo has been very through today, and I just have this weird feeling... sadly, this is the last minute of the day, and there is no time to do any other thing than lynch him.

Well, Volo if you are an ordo, my apologies... if not, rott in the void!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #280
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Creepy quiet day, but it's over now. Volo's dead, and innocent.

Wolf, please include Folwren in your kill choice tonight. I feel terrible about it, but no narrations are going to get written until after we move. Folwren will be handling the opening and closing of the next day for me, bless her!