Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

It was first light, and Tuor stormed to the railing to see what had happened for himself. One of his keen-sighted elven sailors had alerted him that the catamaran was no longer anchored with the other ships.
'Damn that elf!', he exclaimed, hitting the wood of the railing with his fist. 'She had agreed to move out together with us. What in the Void was she thinking?' The crew near him backed away enough to be at a safe range as he blew off steam. But a strange sound assailed their ears, a sort of muffled, congested sort of snorting. One of the elves drew forward to see if Tuor needed assistance. He motioned the rest of the crew to step forward and see this amazing sight, Tuor was not in the midst of some apoplectic fit, he was laughing.

'Sir?' asked one of the sailors,'What's so funny?'

'It just struck me - here I am condemning her for the very thing I would have done when I was younger!' He wiped the tears of mirth from his eyes and then composed himself. Once again the Captain, he gave orders for the rest of the ships to hoist anchor and be ready to set sail immediately. 'She's brave. I'll give her credit for that, but she's still going to need our backup!!'

The Lady Idril heard the command to sail and made her way quickly to the helm. She rechecked the coordinates with the helmsman and then went on deck to brief the crew of her ship. They were to be the lead ship, the one going to meet the ship which the Blue Wizards would send. Theirs would be the task of delivering the hostages for bargaining. It was a grim task at best, but she would make it as safe as possible for all concerned.

Bird wiped her sweaty palms on her breeches, and strapped on her sling holder with it's full complement of ammo close at hand. She was glad that they were on their way at last, that they were doing something, anything. She tied a piece of sea-washed white cloth around her left arm; it still had a bit of lace on it. She patted it once when it was secured -- 'For Rose!'.