The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Tolkien Scenes and Ratings!!

I was wondering if someone could please answer this question for me~<P>~What is The Two Towers supposed to be rated and why?<P>Also, I know that someone has probally asked this question, but I thought that it would be fun to see what one part in the TTT movie everyone hopes Peter Jackson will include in the movie.<P>So, if you could please post here and tell us what part from the TTT book that you hope P.J. will include in the movie, I would greatly appreciate it.<P><BR>Personally, I hope that P.J. includes the competition between Gimli and Legolas over who will kill the most orcs during the Battle of Helm's Deep.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Galadel Vinorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 02:01 AM   #2
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

From fandango.com<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Rating:*PG-13 - epic battle sequences and scary images<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I really want them to include Sam's Oliphaunt poem. I love that!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I want the whole "Po-ta-toes" conversation between Sam and Gollum. It's so great. I at least want PJ to put some reference of it in the movie. Even if it's just like they did in the first movie with the Shortcut to Mushrooms.
Old 11-23-2002, 03:05 PM   #4
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Tolkien

Really, it's going to be rated PG-13!! Well, that's good, I thought that it was going to be rated R because of the Battle of Helm's Deep.<P>Yes, I agree with you all. I hope that P.J. puts in those things. Those are some of my favorite parts of TTT. I also like the part when Treebeard meets Pippin and Merry. I think that is SO funny!!
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 11-23-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that PJ had some sort of deal that he had to make a PG-13 movie, no scarier. All of the movies will be no more than PG-13.
Old 11-23-2002, 07:41 PM   #6
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Cool, there was nothing in there that mentioned moments of brief nudity or sexual inuendos. I was kinda worried about that one, with the rumors and all...<P>WOW less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2002, 09:42 PM   #7
Aranel
Animated Skeleton

Aranel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

There had better not be any innuendo in there!Tolkien didn't put anything even remotely like that in the book.<BR> I also want the part with Legolas and Gimli to be included...I thought that was really funny.And when Wormtongue throws the Palantir out the window. *l* and when Gandalf breaks Saruman's staff.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:02 PM   #8
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting

Yeah! Ain't it great? The same old rating as FotR. (Ever notice F-O-T-R is harder to type than TTT? ) PJ saw no need to stick any gross stuff in there beyond orcs. (Which are bad enough!) As I said in the post that was closed, kudos to PJ for no sex in LotR! (Alright, go ahead Lush, make your comment)
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 10:31 PM   #9
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm hoping for the Ent Moot, or at least more than one Ent, but I'm not holding my breath.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 11:55 PM   #10
GreyIstar
Wight

GreyIstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm hoping for the Ent Moot, or at least more than one Ent, but I'm not holding my breath. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I saw some quote somewhere where they did say that Treebeard was the only real Ent, by meaning there is a model of him and the REST of the Ents are CGI.<P>I for one want to see the Ents march on Isengard not just hear about like in the book.

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
GreyIstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:14 AM   #11
Pookabunny
Wight

1420!

I want to see the Ents marching too!!! Most importantly, I want to see them tear-bleeping around Isengard torturing Saruman and his buddy Grima! I'm looking forward to the battles, of course. And to see Aragorn in action (prrrrrr). And Gollum, I can't forget Gollum. But I'm really looking forward to the Ents!
Old 11-24-2002, 03:37 AM   #12
GreyIstar
Wight

Sting

There is also a little part that I would like to see. Its actually kinda of scary once you think about it. It is when Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas get to the edge of Fanghorn and they set camp and build a fire and Gimli gets first watch. He starts fingering his axe and the tree above them starts to shutter. Suddenly he sees an old man in the dark and crys out waking the others they see him and beg him to come forth but he disappears and the horses they had are gone. I always liked it because it is very mysterious and scary because not even the Elf could sense his approach.

"Dangerous!" cried Gandalf. "And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord."
Old 11-24-2002, 04:32 AM   #13
Pookabunny
Wight

1420!

Right on! Yea JRRT brings Gandalf back soooo cool!!! But, I think we're just going to see him come back like the preview shows (the 'hunters' seem too shocked to see him again).<P>Either way, Gandalf's back. And he's gonna kick some serious bad-guy butt.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:02 AM   #14
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What's it gonna be be here in Britain? The last one was PG (not recommended for under-8s).<P>I really want to see when Treebeard meets Merry and Pippin.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:46 AM   #15
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I kinda wish they hadn't put Gandalf's parts in TTT previews. That way only the people who have read the books would know that Gandalf comes back. It would have been very intresting to hear the audience gasp at his return.<BR>
Old 11-24-2002, 10:25 AM   #16
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tolkien

Yes, I agree with you, Rose. It would have been funny to hear the audience gasp when Gandalf comes back. But, oh well.... <P>I hope that P.J. puts in all of those parts that you all mentioned. Those are some of the best in the book!!
Old 11-24-2002, 10:33 AM   #17
engwaalphiel
Haunting Spirit

engwaalphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i think that PJ will have included most of the parts we all want to see and will not make any mistakes leaving things out or changing things *tom bombadil cough cough <BR>GLORFINDEL *COUGH !<BR>this film is going to be amazing whatever he does , i can't wait!<P>

"Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!
engwaalphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:27 PM   #18
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

I really wanna see when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli find Merry and Pippin in Isenguard. I was so surprised when i read about that. And I liked when Merry and Pippin said they would join them in eating to keep them company, and either Leg, Gim, Or Ara says something like I think you would've ate anyway, with our company or not. lol I just thought it reminded me of the hobbit in myself. <p>[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: Jeli Baggins ]
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:27 PM   #19
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Common sense would tell you that all the movies will be rated the same. Only a really stupid guy would make the first two movies rated PG, then make the last a 15 so that people couldn't see the end.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:46 PM   #20
GreyIstar
Wight

Sting

What I speak of was not Gandalf. When they do finally meet Gandalf Gimli asked if it were him that they saw last night and Gandalf says no.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:46 PM   #21
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree, they shouldn't have had Gandalf in the previews. It was a real shock to me when I read TT, and I think it's kind of a shame that the movie-fans won't get that same shock. (OTOH, they had a whole year to read TT, they should've read it...)<P>I want to see the already-mentioned scene from "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbits", and Gandalf's break-dancing-free battle with Saruman. I want to see Treebeard, and Gollum, and Faramir...not Arwen, but I'll see her anyway...I want to hear Pippin say "Gollum, gollum!" to Grishnakh, and outsmart all the orcs to save himself and Merry. I want to see Meduseld, and Grima, and Theoden.<P>I want to see the whole thing. ^_^<P>~*~Orual~*~
Old 01-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #22
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can find a Deleted Scenes List (scenes that might be in TTT special edition) <A HREF="http://dvd.ign.com/articles/381/381227p1.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>
Old 01-05-2003, 12:39 AM   #23
Hobbiton_Girl

Silmaril

I think the movie was awesome but I enjoyed the Fellowship more becasue it seemed truer to the Tolkein spirit. This one had so many scenes that never happened in the books and, though I could never do it and Peter Jacksoin is an overly awesome director, I fdefinitely would have done Treebeard, the ents moot, march, and appearence in general differently. I think the battle at Helms Deep was totally awesome! PJ delved more into the feeling of impending war, which I was hoping he would. Gollum, one of my fave characters, seemed almost real and he was portrayed perfectly. Also the Wargs!<P> All in all, I can't wait to see it again. . .and for it to come on video. . .and pay per veiw so I can get the extended version because my mom won't buy a DVD player.