The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have always felt that this song would suit me

...Is it wrong to still be cracking up every time I imagine Cur saying his throne line in utter seriousness?

And did I mention just how much my current schedule and talent for procrastination are conducive to music writing? The Bickering Bros, up until Enter Thingol. Ahh, it's good to be back. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I'm still fiddling with the precise wording of the 'do you wanna fight me?' sequence, but I think it actually sounds better sung than written down, so I'm not worried.
Agreed. I thought this part yields itself very nicely to a sung dialogue, and didn't clutter it with musical details for the same reason. Background noise, featuring overly expressive and comically emotional voice solo.

I am a little hesitant about the O Silmarils section though, cause it's a lot faster here than it was the first time around. For comparison, this song is at 170 beats per minute, while Oath is at 140. If I do the slow-down function in the program, it does the trick for a few bars, but then keeps slowing down, so by the end of the section it's barely crawling along. What I can do is pull one from Renunciation and just record this segment at a different speed. If you feel it needs slowing, I think this is what I'll do - but only for the final recording, because I don't want to be splicing pieces in and out each time.