Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2004, 07:22 AM   #241
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I agree with Everdawn, there would certainly be a VERY stormy scene if Maen finds out - she'd probably go ballistic. But I don't think Ferethor would easily give in, either, if he is 'fired'.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #242
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
For the vote of transportation the character of Crystal Heart is flexible. She can ride and she can walk. She has ridden horses a lot due to her past as the daughter of General Dorian of Rohan. But she doesn't mind walking. She has done that a lot in the past couple of years of her history. So therefore walking or riding is perfectly find with Crystal as long as someone tells her or offers her a ride or anything of that kind of thing.

A tout a l'heure!

Crystal
Old 03-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #243
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe travel...

Oh, yes! I forgot about this... Aelimur, as he's been a soldier for so long, can do either walking, marching, or riding. Once they start going total long distance though, he would definitly preffer riding, though he will not complain if they must walk.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:14 PM   #244
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a question. There is this matter of 'who is better at swordfighting' keep coming up between Crystal and Ferethor. Who is, for that matter?

I'd prefer that Ferethor is better then Crystal, for the following reasons.

1. Ferethor is captain of the Guards of Minas Tirith, a very high rank and in favor of the king.
2. Crystal is a young lass after all.
3. Crystal is stated to have learned to 'ride and fight like a rider of rohan', and a common rider of Rohan would be no match against Ferethor
4. I'd like that better *shamefully grins*

so I'm asking for the other people's opinions
Old 03-02-2004, 09:37 AM   #245
Melisil
Wight

Pipe Your fighting skills....

If it comes to who is better, I don't know if I could say. I think you'd be fairly evenly matched.

1. Ferethor is the captain of the gaurd wich gives him skill.
2. Being a guard for so many years, could have also made him too used to those techniques.
3. Crystal was trained alot by her father, a very good swordsmen.
4. In the woods, Crystal would probably be better off, as she has been a wanderer, and learned to fight in many different terrains.
5. Ferethor is extremely cocky.
6. Crystal is cocky in a way too, but a different way..

So if you look those over, I'd say they are pretty matched. You must also remember, Eorl, that it won't matter much his or her skill in war if it comes to hand to hand combat. For war you need to worry about more then one person, therefor using different fighting techniques then if you are in 1 on 1, where you can focus on your opponent.

Anyway, that is my opinion. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a brief clash of steel between Ferethor and Crystal, as long as you both respect that the other has fighting skills too.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:30 PM   #246
Melisil
Wight

Just letting you know, I've finished off my post now.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:10 AM   #247
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ok Maén will not want to walk the whole way, she will ride Hittai and Carathir will take his horse which he rode from Lysia's but he will not ride rather Thaoura ( (Th-aow-rah)aborigional tribal word for Thunder... random fact that all) will act as a pack animal. And everyone else will walk is that right?

EDIT: We have a problem... Carathir has goine to meet Maén at the library but they are on their way to the stables. Now i think that to have Idruil come into it, he should follow Carathir and the others listening ot their conversation... That ok Kransha?

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by Everdawn; 03-03-2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:17 AM   #248
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

OK my save is up...

On the Ferethor and Crystal thing.

I have to agree with Ferethor, he is a captian and a *shudders* male and you have to remember, generally men are stronger than women and Crystal's description is that of a small woman. (Yay! so is Maén!) and also it was very gender specific, girls did not usually fight, but I know Crystal is the Rohan (almost put Roman, been watchign too much Gladiator) General's daughter, so its probable she knows hoe to protect herself.

Unlike Maén, whose father was high standing in the army but was a very traditional man, girls did not fight so he would not equip her, rather her brothers taught her close quarters defence. You will often hear Maén confirm her uselessness at fighting, but little do they know she is going to try and have a swipe at Guriel or die trying.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-03-2004, 01:24 AM   #249
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I notice you say "I agree with Ferethor" instead of Eorl of Rohan. I've made mistakes like that too, can't imagine Amanaduial (There, I put Atharen first and erased it) as anyone but Atharen.

But Pio is going to kill me for off-topic posts.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 03-03-2004 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:28 AM   #250
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No I meant agree with Ferethor, I speak of Maén as though she is a real person, who should Ferethor be any different?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #251
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know. That's why I was so sad at Crystal's distrust of Ferethor, becuase he seems so like myself.

Anyway, Crystal is completely distrusting Ferethor at the moment and hanging on the Atharen's arm, right? But this situation owuld get quickly boring if they are enemies to the end of the road...
Old 03-03-2004, 02:54 AM   #252
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
A lot of this 'who is better' is probably subjective. There are certain areas in both character's abilities that would be better than the others. In a fight, it comes down to the question of martial practice versus brute force, and my betting is on brute force...
Old 03-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #253
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Yes, that's fine.

So, Idruil, who has by now figured out what is going on, barges in on the current discussion for one reason or another.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-03-2004, 03:10 PM   #254
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Addition to that post:

Question; Is there some indication (perhaps something Maen said or a label on the scroll) which could give Idruil the hint that they broke into the archives. Otherwise, he has very little reason to do anything more than suspect them if illicit behavior.

Old 03-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #255
Melisil
Wight

Quote:
Originally posted by Everdawn
And everyone else will walk is that right?
Aelimur is riding too, if that's ok. He preffers also to ride long distances.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:18 AM   #256
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Ok just make sure that you clarify that in your post.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-04-2004, 12:20 AM   #257
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually, Ferethor is riding too. Remember his horse 'Apple' in his first and second post?
Old 03-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #258
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

What was i thinking? Of course you both have said you are riding, dont worry, im stressed, ignore me!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-04-2004, 06:58 AM   #259
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Ok, my post is up. (FINALLY, character interaction!).

It's shorter than the original, and I took away a lot of Idruil's intended hostility. Instead of being belligerent, he's just dropping in with unknown intent, which makes more sense in relation to his character.

Now I can start writing long and often pointless essays on Idruil's character. All those weeks in English Class writing about personality will finally come in handy.

Old 03-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #260
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Quote:
Originally posted by Eorl of Rohan

Anyway, Crystal is completely distrusting Ferethor at the moment and hanging on the Atharen's arm, right? But this situation owuld get quickly boring if they are enemies to the end of the road... [/B]
It could cause some interesting character interaction, maybe....but yes, maybe easing up a little on the hostility wouldn't be too bad? As Eorl has pointed out here, his character isn't truly evil, even if he can be a little infuriating

However, Eorl, the other point is not correct: Crystal is in now way 'hanging on Atharen;s arm', and neither are they holding hands, as you said in your post and as I have already pointed out and asked to be removed. Please, Eorl, there is no flirting or couple-ness between Atharen and Crystal, certainly not yet as I said. Please could I ask you to remove that brief reference?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #261
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Ah, Atharen, my dear friend; you've already addressed the problem that I was just about to raise.

Dear Ferethor (Eorl of Rohan), We are not a couple as Atharen has said. Please take that out. The only "hand holding" that was concieved in writing was when I tripped and grabbed his hand for balance. She let go of his hand. It was a natural instinct of any human.

As for the walking/riding saga of talk that I have read through at great length I have decided that Crystal will be riding a stallion-chestnut in coloration-that she can sense has been hurt in some way. I have thought about this at great length and the prospect of her choosing something that had been hurt as she has been is rather an irony that I have decided would fair well against the coming up action that we are all sure to be privy to.

Fereothor, my dear friend, I must turn my attention back to you. Please do not feel that my character's unwillingness to trust has anything against you. Crystal uses this as a cover, it is her nature. Her extensive physical and mental abuse was overwhelming. She has also learned the ways of the travellers which teach that you do not become attached to anyone, anywhere, at any such time. Again it is nothing against you. You are a fine writer and I personally enjoy your character.

As for the fighting and matching of Crystal there is no doubt in my mind that in any such fight you would win. Because brute strength is much stronger then any brain power in the entirity of the universe. It shall be fun fighting against you at that point in time if the moment rises.

As all the words that I had wanted to speak, or in this case type to you all, I shall be leaving.

Until we meet once again,

Crystal Heart-swordmaiden of Rohan
Old 03-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #262
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eorl

Your analysis of your own character is certainly your prerogative. It always is helpful to have a good understanding of your own character - it helps to deepen that character for the reader; make him more well-rounded and interesting. It also gives the other writers in the game an understanding of where your character is coming from.

But, I am going to ask you to refrain from an analysis of another writer's character.

Please check your PM's concerning this.

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator
Old 03-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #263
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*Is surprised and sorry.* Sure.

EDIT: Piosenniel, I just couldn't open your PM. I was too scared. Is that OK?

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 03-04-2004 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #264
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've deleted the offending posts (I had no idea you would be so serious about it, I just wrote that as a joke in English class because I just learned anaylsis of characters and decided to try it out). Atharen and Crystal, I am really, truly, very sorry and sad. I don't know why I am going around offending everyone on this board, I never meant it to be that way. And I meant that expression as figuratively, Atharen.

I would refrain from making ANY comments not directly concerning the roleplay in the future, I think I'm getting worse and worse.

Quote:
As for the fighting and matching of Crystal there is no doubt in my mind that in any such fight you would win. Because brute strength is much stronger then any brain power in the entirity of the universe.
I was thinking about that very point. Ferethor does not possess what would be called 'brute strength' as you pointed out. He relies more on the 'swiftness' and 'keen insight into the weakness of the advarsary'. In fact, the entry I was just going to post deals with a completely different appearance of Ferethor. More elven-like, because I figured that Ferethor WAS a captain of war.

Again, being very sorry,

Dasol of Korea
Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 AM   #265
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ok guys, my save is up

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-05-2004, 03:44 PM   #266
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eorl, check your PMs
Old 03-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #267
Melisil
Wight

Pipe my post

Aelimur's post is up now. I did alot on his horse, I know, but he loves it dearly. Also, I know this sounds conceited, but I really thought I wrote it well, and I was wondering what you thought of it?

Oh, and no, I did not spell Tellimurr's name incorrectly. I simply added the extra 'l' and 'r' in his dad's name for distinction and so you hopefully don't pronounce it the same as Aelimur, but with a 't'.

Note: Just if your wondering, you pronounce Aelimur 'ale-ih-mure' and Tellimurr 'tell-ih-mer'.. haha, sorry, I had to add this..
Old 03-05-2004, 09:12 PM   #268
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril A problem solver :)

OK, I got this from a site from Rohan RP resources, I think it will solv a lot of porblems about sorting out a character. You dont have to do it, but I thought it would benefit the game, take as long as you want.

~~*~~

Who are your character's friends?

How close is your character to his/her friends?

Is she/he protecting someone?

Who was her/his first love?
Who does she/he work with?

Who is her/his best friend?
Who is his/her worst enemy?
Who is his/her confidante?
Is he/she a disappointment to anyone?

• What about family? Does she/he get along with them? Does she/he ignore them? Is it a small family, or an extended family with lots of cousins and aunts and uncles? Is it a close family, or do they only see each other at the holidays? Are any of them not on speaking terms with each other?
• Are there any "family secrets?"
• Who is his/her favorite relative?
• Who is his/her least favorite relative?
• Does he/she have any children?

• Where does he/she feel safe? Why?
• What sort of place spooks him/her? Why?
• Is there any place that he/she refuses to go? Why? What happened there?
• What did your character want to be when he/she grew up?

• What nightmares does he/she have?
• What makes him/her cry?
• What makes him/her laugh?
• What does he/she wish they could do that they can't?
• What is their secret dream? What one goal, ambition, or desire do they keep hidden from everyone? Is it small or large? Personal or global? Realistic or unrealistic? Is she actually trying to accomplish it (and how?), or do they consider it untenable?
• What is their worst fear? What terrifies them? What do they dread? Is it something terribly personal, or a generic phobia? How did they acquire this fear? Are they ashamed of it?
• If she could be any famous person, who would it be and why?
• Where does your character live?
• Do they get sick? How often? What do they tend to come down with, and how do they handle it?
• What is your character like when they are drunk? Mellow? Melancholy? Friendly and fun? Laughs too much? Hits on everyone?
• What is she like when they are grieving/mourning? Are they private with their grief? Quiet and stony? Crying loudly? In need of friends?
• What are they like when they are moody or despondent? Are they self-pitying, irritable, sad?
• What is he/she like when they are celebrating celebrating? Do they have a quiet celebration at home, or do they gather their friends together for a big bash?
Old 03-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #269
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

MAÉN

Who are your character's friends? None, until Crystal, but they are not very close as yet.

How close is your character to his/her friends? Not close at all, she has never had any close Female or male friends.

Is she/he protecting someone? Her Aunt Lysia, by going after Guriel she is protecting her name.

Who was her/his first love? She has never been in love, but she was engaged to a soldier of Gondor (at her father’s request) an attempt to get her out of her house.

Who does she/he work with? No one, she is not allowed.

Who is his/her worst enemy? Other than Guriel, the women of Minas Tirith.

Who is his/her confidante? Lysia

Is he/she a disappointment to anyone? Her whole family, especially her mother. Her father just doesn’t care anymore.

• What about family? Does she/he get along with them? Does she/he ignore them? Is it a small family, or an extended family with lots of cousins and aunts and uncles? Is it a close family, or do they only see each other at the holidays? Are any of them not on speaking terms with each other?

Maén never gets along with her family, never has, her brothers only politely acknowledge that she is their sister, their wives do not speak with her. It is a rather small family, not as big as others and none of them are really very close. It is a cold house hold. Very few are on speaking terms with Lysia.

• Are there any "family secrets?" NO, Guriel is out in the open.
• Who is his/her favorite relative? Lysia
• Who is his/her least favorite relative? Her father and mother
• Does he/she have any children? No

• Where does he/she feel safe? Why? In the servants quarters. Why? Because they are the only humane people to her.
• What sort of place spooks him/her? Her father’s wing, because it is where she first found out about Guriel and where she burned half her arm when she fell into her father’s fireplace.
• Is there any place that he/she refuses to go? Not willingly, she will go anywhere.
• What did your character want to be when he/she grew up? Equal to men.

• What nightmares does he/she have? She has nightmares that people come to strangle her in the night, (not yet spoken of in story) but she is also haunted by Guriel.

• What makes him/her cry? She doesn’t cry, hasn’t cried for years.
• What makes him/her laugh? The little things.
• What does he/she wish they could do that they can't? She wishes that she could fight, that she had more friends, that she was more human.
• What is their secret dream? What one goal, ambition, or desire do they keep hidden from everyone? Is it small or large? Personal or global? Realistic or unrealistic? Is she actually trying to accomplish it (and how?), or do they consider it untenable? Her dreams are limited, she has got very little in her life to give her hope other than Lysia who inspires her to achieve her potential, and the drive to succeed in killing Guriel. In a way she feels that in doing this, her life will be better and go back to normal, the way it was before the War of the Ring. Then I suppose, that her dream is to have a happy family.
• What is their worst fear? What terrifies them? What do they dread? Is it something terribly personal, or a generic phobia? How did they acquire this fear? Are they ashamed of it? Physical Pain, dark places where there is no light and to most of a degree Guriel Il Galoth. Her biggest fear is that she will not get vengeance. She would never seem outwardly scared, or even admit to it.
• If she could be any famous person, Penthesilia, the Amazon queen who died in the battle of Troy at the hands of Achilles. Why? Because it is everything that represents equality of might between the sexes.
• Where does your character live? Minas Tirith
• Do they get sick? Hardly ever, she is too strong to get sick. (or so she thinks)
• What is your character like when they are drunk? Asks herself a lot of rhetorical questions like
• What is she like when they are grieving/mourning? She is very dark, will not speak, will not eat, will not cry, a silent stone. Can she be broken? Yes, I think so.
• What are they like when they are moody or despondent? She is very passionate but will not strike out. She will take to writing in her journal.
• What is he/she like when they are celebrating celebrating? Do they have a quiet celebration at home, or do they gather their friends together for a big bash? Don’t know, she has rarely celebrated anything in her life.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-05-2004, 10:29 PM   #270
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Long.... I think.

Aelimur, no, Melisil, your last post was wonderful. Keep it up!

As for the test, I will try it out...

1. Who are your character's friends?

Ferethor is a solitary type. I think he trusts on Atharen not to fail him, and have a casual comraderie with Aelimur whom he knows. He is very friendly with only one person I know, which happens to be Lieutenant Meren.

2. How close is your character to his/her friends?

Ferethor is rahter distant to everyone, prefers to keep his thoughts to himself. His persuasive powers are amazing at times if he wants to be, but it isn't often.

No. If Ferethor is, it would be himself.

I think Ferethor despises love.

Aelimur, of course, and Atharen. Tends to disregard everyone else.

Meren, who is not in the roleplay.

No one, except if it be Il Garoth who was killed in the battle of treachery.

No one.

I believe Ferethor is sometimes a disappointment to his Lord Elessar, for some of his 'faults' which crop up now and then.

What about family? Does she/he get along with them? Does she/he ignore them? Is it a small family, or an extended family with lots of cousins and aunts and uncles? Is it a close family, or do they only see each other at the holidays? Are any of them not on speaking terms with each other?

No family, since his father was killed in battle and his mother from a sickness and his brother from the battle of treachery.

"Are there any "family secrets?"

None that I know of.

"Who is his/her favorite relative?
"Who is his/her least favorite relative?
"Does he/she have any children?

Is not married, has no relatives.

"Where does he/she feel safe? Why?

In darkness. He is anti-social to a bit-too-far extent.

"What sort of place spooks him/her? Why?

Forests. Reminds him of his youth where he frolicked in the woods.

?What did your character want to be when he/she grew up?

A healer after his father

"What makes him/her cry?"

Sad memories

"What makes him/her laugh?"

Bitterness, despair, contempt and fear.

"What is their worst fear? What terrifies them? What do they dread? Is it something terribly personal, or a generic phobia? How did they acquire this fear? Are they ashamed of it?

Loss of honor and denial of revenge.

?Where does your character live?

In Gondor

"What is she like when they are grieving/mourning? Are they private with their grief? Quiet and stony? Crying loudly? In need of friends?"

Sits like stone, his eyes reflecting immesurable sorrow and anger.

"What are they like when they are moody or despondent? Are they self-pitying, irritable, sad?"

Angry. Brutally angey.

"?What is he/she like when they are celebrating celebrating? Do they have a quiet celebration at home, or do they gather their friends together for a big bash?"

Smiles weakly and then find something else to do.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:09 AM   #271
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl, thanks for getting us moving out of the city.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #272
Melisil
Wight

Pipe Aelimur's Description..

((Ok, I've just posted, wow, this forest path is creeping me out slightly.. ooh! fun, fun!))

Who are your character's friends?

His sister, Marien. His fellow guards, ecspecially those with the same posts as he. Several nobles. He has many.. he's friendly to people enough, I'd say, he has alot of aquaintances.

How close is your character to his/her friends?

many of his friends are just aquaintances, but those that he sees more often (his sister, the guards, some of the nobles) he is good friends with.

Maen, for now. Not really anyone else.

His first love was a girl he met when he was 15. Their relationship ended when she moved away.

Ferethor. Maen. The other members of the journey he will work with without complaint though. He works also for King Elessar.

A fellow guard, Jeremy Fallow. They trained together, and have been very good friends ever since. Jeremey married Aelimur's sister recently.

No one.

His father, or his sister.

Not really. His mother slightly, who thought that being a guard was rather dangerous, and didn't care for her only son becoming one.

He has a very close relationship with his whole family. Yes, it's a very small family that he comes from, he has many cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. though. His mother and father rarely speak to each other anymore, though they are still together because of the fact that they do, oddly enough, still love each otehr dearly.

Well, his immidiate family knows, but no one else: He was once married to a young woman named Abigail Helenoth. She fell ill and died after only 2 and something months of marriage. The memory will never leave Aelimur.

His sister. They have a very close relationship.

His Aunt Matty, who picks at Aelimur terribly to get him to tell her anything about his late wife. (she knows he was married, though she knows nothing of Abigail)

No.

Large, endless, open fields. Also, while he sleeps, and he can be alone with his dreams of Abigail.

Dark places, hollow places, lifeless places, being alone. Why? Because he hates being alone.

The south wing of his house, that's where Abigail loved most, and where she died.

As a child he wanted to be either a soldier like his dad or a painter/writer, like his mom.

He dreams of Abigail. They are not totally nightmares, but they are in a way.

Death. Pain. Watching something terrible have to happen to a friend.

A good joke, talking with his friends, when something funny happens.

Nothing really. He is content in that way.

• What is their secret dream? What one goal, ambition, or desire do they keep hidden from everyone? Is it small or large? Personal or global? Realistic or unrealistic? Is she actually trying to accomplish it (and how?), or do they consider it untenable?

He wants to paint, and to write. He is very good at both, but has continually been denied the chance to.

• What is their worst fear? What terrifies them? What do they dread? Is it something terribly personal, or a generic phobia? How did they acquire this fear? Are they ashamed of it?

Something he could not defeat on his own. Having to relive sweet Abigail's death. Strangly, open wounds. Many little things, sad things. He is not ashamed to let people know, but he doesn't usually outright tell others.

• If she could be any famous person, who would it be and why?

I'm not sure.

Gondor.

• Do they get sick? How often? What do they tend to come down with, and how do they handle it?

He doesn't get sick very often. When he does, it's just a cold/flu, nothing too bad.

• What is your character like when they are drunk? Mellow? Melancholy? Friendly and fun? Laughs too much? Hits on everyone?

Haha! Aelimur is very odd when is is drunk. He laughs almost the whole time, talks alot, unsteady on his feet. Thankfully he isn't drunk very often!

• What is he like when they are grieving/mourning? Are they private with their grief? Quiet and stony? Crying loudly? In need of friends?

He is very quiet and withdrawn. When he talks, it's in a very poetic manner. Will not eat usually for a couple days.

• What are they like when they are moody or despondent? Are they self-pitying, irritable, sad?

Slightly irritable, angry, sad. Laughs at any joke, no matter how good, mockingly.

• What is he/she like when they are celebrating? Do they have a quiet celebration at home, or do they gather their friends together for a big bash?

Gathers his closest friends if it's a personal celebration. Big huge bash (that he seems not present at) if otherwise!
Old 03-06-2004, 12:37 PM   #273
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Ok, I posted. Idruil's conversating with Maen. Now to try my typing hand at this thing...

-Who are your character's friends?
Well, he has some buddies from the war who he's known, but many if them are either dead or abroad. Most of his friends are seafarers in Pelargir.

-How close is your character to his/her friends?
Not very. They are comrades rather than close personal friends. They talk and drink and sing, but they are not a close-knit bunch.

-Is she/he protecting someone?
Nope, no one at all. Even though Idruil tries to be nice, he is a pretty selfish person.

-Who was her/his first love?
Well, he fell for one of Lady Undomiel's ladies-in-waiting once, but quickly got over that, realizing it was a stupid boyish fancy. Idruil doesn't let his heart get bounced around a lot.

-Who does she/he work with?
He's been on many missions as a mercenary and has taken multiple jobs from certain people who constantly hire him. He completed three jobs with the help of a young man named Alwin, but doesn't work with him on a constant basis.

-Who is her/his best friend?
An old warrior named Oscric who always told him stories. Osric was slain at the Battle of Pelennor Fields, alongside Idruil's father.

-Who is his/her worst enemy?
Doesn't have one. There's no one he hates above all others.

-Who is his/her confidante?
No one. Idruil doesn't really confide in anyone but himself.

-Is he/she a disappointment to anyone?
Well, his father was dissapointed in him for not joining the immediate front forces of Minas Tirith, but he's no longer around to be dissapointed.

They're all dead, but he got along with them generally. His father was a pain sometimes, but he loved his mother, aunt, and uncle, all of which are now deceased.

No. All his families secrets were out in the open. Only Idruil himself keeps secrets.

His mother (a boy's best friend is his mother).

Actually, his father, though he still loved him.

No, not even married.

Anywhere. He goes so many places he can easily adjust. He does feel safest on the streets of Minas Tirith, though. He's been there the most and it feels the most comfortable.

Really, nothing. No place. He's been to many of the spooky places within a 1000 mile radius of Minas Tirith.

Once again, no. He'll go anywhere for money and adventure.

[/i]He wanted to be a ferocious and glorious warrior, praised throughout Middle-Earth. Sadly, that didn't quite work out. It was naive enough, so Idruil just took Choice #2.[/i]

Generic nightmares about death and how pointless his life is. He's plagued by the fact that he hasn't really accomplished anything worthwhile.

Hmm...he hasn't really cried in countless years...I guess it would have to be the thought of dying a pointless death and leading a meaningless life behind him.

Irony, often cruel, sardonic irony. He has, otherwise, a lousy sense of humor, though he is pretty likable.

Slay a mighty dragon, go down fighting vast armies of orcs, hurtle into a bottomless pit swinging from the whip of a Balrog.

His dream isn't really a secret. He wants to die an adventurer, still brimming with all the glory he used to possess.

As said before, he has fears of living a long and pointless life without meaning. The fear was brought on by his father's encouragement to do something worthwhile with his talents.

• If he could be any famous person, who would it be and why?
He wouldn't be able to chose. Idruil, having extensive knowledge of most famous people, would probably want to be some hero with a lot of glorious adventures to go on.

He's lived in Pelargir, Linhir, Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, and is currently living in the good ol' White City of Gondor.

Nope, barely ever gets sick. He's built up lots of healthy immunities spending so much time in the wild. He's had his share of diseases, but not many that keep him bed-ridden.

He's pretty boisterous when drunk, though he can certainly hold his ale. He doesn't hit on anyone, but he is a bit flirtatious when provoked.

• What is she like when they are grieving/mourning? Are they private with their grief? Quiet and stony? Crying loudly? In need of friends?
Idruil is private with his grief, though he rarely grieves for anyone. He is often secretive and quiet about sadness.

When Idruil is moody he just gets irritable and reclusive, not wanting to be talked to and lashing out at anyone who tries to help him.

• What is he/she like when they are celebrating celebrating? Do they have a quiet celebration at home, or do they gather their friends together for a big bash?
Quiet reception at home...unless he's drunk.

Oooh...carpal tunnel...ouch...

Old 03-06-2004, 08:42 PM   #274
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hm...

I think its about time for the bandits on the road, don't you think? That was why I put in this gloomy scene - partly becuase it was my mood, but mostly to lay the groundwork for bandits.

The owls don't hoot, the squirrels don't move through leaves... That's becuase there are some menace in the forest, which happens to be bandits.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #275
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

woah not yet! Ride ofr a while, interact with characters. There is plenty of time, i was thinking more of noon on the second day.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-06-2004, 10:40 PM   #276
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

But they can¡¯t ride through all the night and to the noon next day. They must be weary all with the morning¡¯s toil and the incident in the archives. They should camp for a moment in the Niphrendil-blooming barren waste, what do you think? Then they can go on next day.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:25 PM   #277
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I thought that at camp, there will be a chance for characters to interact because we dont want the game to go "bam, fighting!" all the time.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-06-2004, 11:43 PM   #278
Melisil
Wight

yes I agree there, stopping for the night would be good for the characters. They will be tired at least a bit I sure after riding for half the day.

EDIT: I forgot to ask this, but Eorl, did Aelimur say the "apple plucking honesty" thing, or was that Del?

Last edited by Melisil; 03-06-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:53 PM   #279
Melisil
Wight

Pipe Aelimur's father!

Oh my gosh! I forgot about this, Aelimur's father's name is Dalemun. I put that in my first post! I'll go change Tellimurr to Dalemun.. Hahaha!
Old 03-07-2004, 01:40 AM   #280
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, that was Aelimur actually in answer to Del¡¯s question about Ferethor. It was specified in the post, I think. ¡®Levelly without any change of expression¡¯¡¦ That means Aelimur noted the vague suspicions of Del and sought to dissuade it by the casual reply.