Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2004, 12:01 AM   #121
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I really shouldn't be writing this, becuase it's not my part, but... Oh, and I just realised that some of my sentences are very similiar to lotr, though unintentional.

Atharen looked up with grave concern at Roryn, as he tended Ferethor. "The wound is staunched and will mend with time, for it is not fatal. Nevertheless, the grief and weariness that have overcome his strength of mind lies heavy on him yet. I do not think what little healing that I can bring could make Ferethor hale again, unless he has a stern will to live beyond that of mortal men."

Roryn sighed in regret. "It would be a grievious loss indeed if that came to pass, Atharen. Ferethor was a valourous member of our company, loyal and faithful to his friends. Would it that he had listened to us and fled the battle... Curse the Haradrim bandits that roam the fields of Gondor!"

Crystal, who was feeding the dying fire with scraps of wood, asked in a low voice, "Then, will Ferethor die?" Atharen merely turned his head away, as if seeking to see the myriad branches of future, saying. "I do not know." What little conversation there was dwindled into nothing.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:20 AM   #122
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In case some of you people are wondering at the change of Ferethor's attitude, I'll take the chance to explain some of Ferethor's moods.

Ferethor is basically good in the full sense of the word, in the inner part of his mind. He tries to escape from his soft temperament, for he had grown up as an orphan in the harsh life of the streets and knows that being good is perilous. Ferethor started forging, unintentionally, an armor of his mind. Harsh, commanding, distrustful, elusive, ever defiant to friend and foes alike. He perfected it to such a degree that he almost believes that it is his real nature. Ferethor feels afraid to be out of the armor, and even his closest friends can only catch a glimpse of his gentle nature every now and then.

Did you notice that Ferethor's eyes were grey as a winter sea? It is an unusual choice of color for eyes. Tolkien always associated grey with tears and mourning.

"Grey now as tears, gleaming silver" -LOTR

Ferethor's eyes were described hard and fell, like frozen ice. Yet I put in a sentence in the part of Ferethor's friendship with Atharen that I have already written and will put up here soon relating to the matter - 'Ferethor's eyes were softened by sincerity, as ice might melt with a gentle breeze.' This shows that his
good nature is on the top, for the instant.

PS. I don't know why am I writing this.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:27 AM   #123
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I wont post again until someone has a chance to respond. I hope everyone adjusted to the change well and they should know where to find us.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-11-2004, 12:32 AM   #124
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Well, I certainly am still recovering from the shock of this moving. I posted in a thread, and suddenly the child of a seventh age came in and said this forum was moved!

I was suddenly vividly reminded of the time when the librarian closed the library without noticing me buried in the books by the corner, and I could not get out when later on I realised that I was the only one there and it was 1 AM.

I still hate to think of what would have happened if the child of seventh age did not warn me.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:47 AM   #125
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know Eorl, and now im paranoyed that people wont like the new site and wont bother posting, and from the others who are here, ive seen Aman, and im not sure that we could carry the game, all three of us....

*****shakes head**** this is just another one of my panic episodes, im sure everything will be fine... Thank goodness i have Yoga tonight!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-11-2004, 03:23 AM   #126
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No, that does not bear thinking of! *bangs my head on the computer screen repeatedly* They have to like our new site. If anyone other then we three is here, please post! I seem to be infected with Everdawn's paranoia.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #127
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK ive been to Yoga now and im de-stressed. (thank goodness)

I would seriously like to hear from everyone just to make sure they survived the move...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #128
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Hama signing in...
Old 02-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #129
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Ok, whenever Everdawn gives the preverbial signal, I'll post Idruil's semi-introduction and then wait for the group (if it's all here) to exit the archives. He'll have a good reason to join them, which will be made very clear when necessary.

One question; is it day or night in Minas Tirith right now in the RPG?

*hoping that everyone "survived" the move*

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-11-2004, 06:49 PM   #130
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
I'm here! Sorry if I'm a little late(am I?) but my password got changed somewhere in the move, so I had to get a new one, etc. which took over a day. Aelimur has posted!
Old 02-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #131
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Ok then, Idruil has posted as well.
Waiting for the archive raiding now.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #132
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait. This is midday now, right? So put off raiding the achives until midnight, so Ferethor can contact the guards.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:32 AM   #133
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand A day we called it a night

IM not so sure, i think the appeal of raiding the archives in broad daylight seems fun, after all, it is a dark stone place.... like you see in all those movies. What do you think?

Plus i have like half the post written which will get us inside, and i like it so far...

JUst to let you guys know, Saturday and Sunday i wont be able to post becuase im doing the Mudara Endurance Ride out in the bush (so no computers), so can everyone be ready by tomorrow night to get into the archives?

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by Everdawn; 02-12-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #134
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, but FErethor HAVE to have time to contact the guards.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #135
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Slip away, im going to have Maén scout out the area first, which means going into a public section of the Library which backs onto it, in that mean time he can slip away...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #136
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right, POST!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #137
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In a minute! I can barely move my arms let alone my fingers... stupid swimming carnival... ill post by tonight, or unless i fall asleep, which i seem to be doign right now..

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-12-2004, 03:06 PM   #138
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

Eorl, I know you already had you latest post written up and everything, but jsut a hint: try to modify it so it fits better.

note: Aelimur did talk to Ferethor in 'council' as Ferethor put it, Ferethor didn't shut him up right away. I don't know, just, what I'm saying is keep the posts fitting in with other peoples posts as well.

note note: ok, so I'm doing alot of notes.. your point? Anyways, I like the idea of sneaking in broad daylight, that will be fun to work with. And Eorl, as for time, according to your last post Ferethor's on his way to the guards already. He probably doesn't need to be that long.

note note note: my note up there is bigger then my acual post
Old 02-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #139
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

JUts a thought... Has anyone seen Crystal?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #140
Melisil
Wight

sorry, I'm afraid I havn't. Did you pm her yet?
Old 02-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #141
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I know I should modify it, but I was too tired last night. I'll see what I can do.

And please POST, I have even written the part about ambrush by the bandits already! I'll post it up here too.

nope, haven't seen Crystal, hope she has not perished... Or revived, since this is the barrow-downs
Old 02-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #142
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I PM'd Crystal with instructions on how to get on board just now. Also asked her if she would check into the discussion thread ASAP.

Will let you know if I hear back from her.

~*~ Pio, Game Mod
Old 02-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #143
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Ok, we're missing Crystal Heart and Thengal (right?)

Eorl, remember that Idruil (bio on pg. 1) will be joining the group soon, so if possible, you could work him into your already written posts. I too have the urge to write out everything I'll ever need for this game.

Whenever the archives are raided, I'm ready. I've got a pretty obvious reason why Idruil would want to join the quest, and why the questers would be motivated to encourage him thus, considering he could tell the authorities about them raiding the archives (of course, the guards will have already taken care of that, but the others don't know).

Old 02-12-2004, 09:21 PM   #144
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thankyou Pio!

And yes guys, i have PM'd her a few times.

Eorl, i was thinking as well about Ferethor getting hit by arrows, and i think it would be more realistic for it not to hurt him badly so early in the journey. We are still a fair way form another surprise ive got in store (my fave, by the way). In all reality it would take a normal person weeks of rest and medical attention to get over getting hit by an arrow. Now im just going on the assumption that it's like being stabbed. Perhaps it could be "just a flesh wound"

NOTE: Last time i wrote Thengel, he/she was busy with exams for a few days... (which i TOTALLY understand ok!) but i will PM and make sure they made the switch.

-Everdawn

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #145
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Of course. As Atharen said, the wound itself is no more than trival scratch. It's his will to live that counts, you see
Old 02-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #146
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a question. I know almost nothing about del, since I did nto pay much attention to him. can you guys give me few points of his pesonality?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:31 AM   #147
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Delphinous has a strong, commanding personality, which often comes off as gruff; and has been hardened by long years of "man hunting". He is very calm,quiet, and not easily disturbed, but when aroused to anger, he is a force to be reckoned with!
this is about all we have to go with!

I think it's cool for me to post now...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-13-2004, 12:32 AM   #148
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Everdawn, did you know that I was on computer waiting for your post until 2 AM?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:36 AM   #149
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I fell asleep before dinner time. Give me a break, i only swam 2Km so i was pretty tired! And im not even allowed to go out tonight, (being a Firday!!) becuase i need to 'rest up' before my 38km ride tomorrow, and im not even riding my own horse!.. in the hot aussie summer! Gah! no wonder im on the edge!

ok ill post now...

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-13-2004, 01:12 AM   #150
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I'm going to ask that this thread be used to discuss game matters only.

There are PM's, email, and Chat you can use for talking to each other about anything else.

Thanks,

Pio, Game Moderator
Old 02-13-2004, 06:40 PM   #151
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

Thank you Eorl for modifying your post a bit!--Aelimur has posted now, he's waiting outside while Maen, and those who went inside 'investigate', or whatever you call what they're doing.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #152
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You are right, Everdawn, I think I'll make the arrow just a scratch or something. Cancel the later posts.

And does anyone think I write too 'dramatically'? It's my weakness, I admit
Old 02-14-2004, 03:32 AM   #153
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alll right, I will try my hand at Del's part now.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:42 AM   #154
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Alright, second post up: Idruil is wandering around in the library.

Now I have but to wait until the archives are raided (which, unfortunately, could be a long time from now).

Old 02-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #155
Melisil
Wight

Pipe

Eorl-- your Del post is looking good!

Kransha-- Idruil is just around the library right now, right? Just making sure, or else I might of included some sort of "...Aelimur noticed a person who seemed, in a matter a speaking, very deadly, but somehow strange..." to my post. Haha, maybe slightly different then that though, I don't know how strange he is yet!
Old 02-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #156
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Haunting Spirit

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Posting this on behalf of Everdawn.

Yesterday we did the Mundara Endurance, which is an endurance horse race in Queensland, at about the 3/4 mark there was a Taipan on the trail and her horse did not see it until it was right in front of him and Everdawn was thrown and is in hospital with two broken ribs and some damage to some other muscles and something else, (i cant remember). This means she cant post here for about a week, so she has asked me to be her go-between. I went to her house this morning and collected from her place here posts and notes on all her games. She is writing things as best she can from hospital and i was wondering if it was ok that i post them here for her. That shouldnt be a problem should it?

And i will print out all posts she has missed on both the Discussion Threads and the Rp and deliver them to her so she can review them.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:43 PM   #157
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, no Even though this is off-topic, I hope Everdawn gets better soon!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #158
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Quote:
Originally posted by Melisil
Kransha-- Idruil is just around the library right now, right? Just making sure, or else I might of included some sort of "...Aelimur noticed a person who seemed, in a matter a speaking, very deadly, but somehow strange..." to my post. Haha, maybe slightly different then that though, I don't know how strange he is yet!
He's technically inside, but nobody needs to notice. He does sort of parade the fact that there's a sword hanging from his side around, but other than that, he doesn't stand out, which is what he likes.

My Plan (for those who want to know): When the party emerges from the Archives, Idruil, who's been wandering outside, notices. He, jumping at the chance for adventure or monetary award, pulls his sword/something like that, and demands why they were breaking in. Since Maen doesn't know about Ferethor and Aelimur getting clearance from the guard, she would be eager to somehow make sure Idruil doesn't alert the authorities, so she or someone else tells all. Since idruil is more motivated by adventure than monetary reward, he would easily forget about alerting the authorities in exchange for joining the Legacy Quest.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:06 AM   #159
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Everdawn

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel

Go ahead and put posts for Everdawn on the game.

If something needs to be fitted in somewhere (like before or after someone else's post) - then post it here on the discussion thread, and put my name in bold above it - telling me where she wants it put in. I can do that for her.

Thanks!

Pio, Game Moderator
Old 02-15-2004, 06:16 AM   #160
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to hear about Everdawn...