Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
That means that Thorn (and Fleet) will be there by the time of the Hunt. Hmmmm...!
Elempi, allow me to give you fair warning. Uldor's not the type to necessarily put up with Thorn's babbling for very long...in fact, he won't put up with it for any time at all if his talk gets too dangerous to Uldor.

I thought you might like to know.

-- Folwren
Old 09-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Babbling?" You must be channeling Uldor.

One characteristic of Thorn is wisdom. Not having any special abilities nor the protection fo 'the gods', he won't be stupid.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #603
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
One characteristic of Thorn is wisdom. Not having any special abilities nor the protection fo 'the gods', he won't be stupid.
Well, good, I am sincerely glad to hear it, for your sake.

I'm off and won't be returning until Monday. Have a good weekend, everybody!

-- Folwren
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #604
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, good, I am sincerely glad to hear it, for your sake.
My sake?!? I'm not the one who has to face Uldor, Thorn is.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #605
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

For goodness' sake. As the writer for Uldor, I would feel sorry for the writer of Thorn should Thorn happen to be hurt (er...killed). As Uldor, I would not be sorry for Thorn in the slightest.

No. I would not pity Thorn at all.

Now I really AM off until Monday.

-- Folwren
Old 09-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #606
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
For goodness' sake. As the writer for Uldor, I would feel sorry for the writer of Thorn should Thorn happen to be hurt (er...killed). As Uldor, I would not be sorry for Thorn in the slightest.
But all of this depends upon the writer's intentions for the character.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #607
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
But all of this depends upon the writer's intentions for the character.
How do you mean?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #608
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

If a character is intended to survive the adventure, said character will be handled in certain ways; if a character is intended not to survive the adventure, then said character will be handled in certain other ways. Simple.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #609
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have narrated a full seven days to bring the rpg to the hunt. If there is anything anyone wants changed, please let me know and I will of course do so.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #610
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
If a character is intended to survive the adventure, said character will be handled in certain ways; if a character is intended not to survive the adventure, then said character will be handled in certain other ways. Simple.
Oh. Yes. Naturally. Ha! I thought you had a far deeper meaning than that.

I'm back, kind of, and will be not only 'kind of' back, but totally back, tomorrow.

-- Foley
Old 09-24-2007, 01:38 AM   #611
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'd really appreciate some ideas here on how you'd like to get the Borrim (or at least this Borrim character) back in the story line. I'm prepared to write but aren't sure how you'd like to handle this, given the fact that we have a number of characters lying dormant (whether permanently or temporarily).
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #612
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

In my opinion, any characters whose writers have not been present for at least 3 months, may now be considered npc's until and unless the writers reassert their presence and will upon them. Given that, I recommend taking control of any characters already provided, in order to achieve your rpg goals. Khandr is a leader and the initiator of the hunt, so I suggest taking charge.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #613
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Child,

Would it be alright if sometime today or tomorrow I write a post wherein I get the Ulfangs to the Borrim's and there meet with Khandr? This will give you and your character an easy place of entrance.

-- Folwren
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #614
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I fear it is a poorly written post, but I have gotten the Uflings to the Borrim place.

-- Folwren
Old 09-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #615
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I'm terribly sorry for not having been around - I've been awfully busy.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to continue in this story. Between the crazy work hours I'm going to have for the next five weeks (I've hit 40 and it's only Wednesday) and non-work issues, I haven't had time to write anything and I don't think my inability to particpate is fair to everyone else.

Apologies to all, and best wishes with the story.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 AM   #616
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

At the risk of being too forward, I'm kind of interested in these brothers of Uldor, and wouldn't mind having a go at writing them, but I don't want to take over the entire rpg, if you know what I mean.....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #617
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I would love it. I didn't know what other option we had but that of me taking him, and I didn't want to play all three.

Do you want both Ulfast and Ulfang? That could be extremely interesting. Maybe we could play Ulfang jointly?

What are your thoughts?

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #618
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

My sense is to write Ulfwarth as a brother with no ambition because he realizes he's the third in line and with such powerhouses as Uldor and Ulfast, what's the point? So he absorbs himself in his pleasures (whatever they may be), and sides with Ulfast because he hates and fears Uldor, and Ulfast has always played to Ulwarth's vanity.

Ulfast is a little different. My sense is that he has strong ambition for the rulership of the Ulfings and plots and counterplots and schemes all he can to somehow unseat Uldor, and he has a strongly loyal but smallish following. My sense is that he's the least worst of the three brothers.

Seeing the two this way, I think it would be hard , Foley, for you to write either of them as well as Uldor. Unless you can see a way to it.....
Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #619
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I pictured Ulwarth far more evil than what you just made him out to be. I wrote his entire bio with the intention of having a very tricksy, non-pleasant character, who is as treacherous, if not more, than Uldor himself. I don't think he has any ambitions for himself...no, he's more content in foiling the ambitions of his older brother.

Unfortunately, after developing such a character, I was told that I could have Uldor, so I haven't had any chance at all to work with Ulwarth. I'm thinking that's because Celuien didn't write much for Ulfast and therefore I had little to do with Ulwarth. *Shrug*

I don't know. And I can't stay to figure it out. It's time for lunch and if I miss it, Mom will be cranky because I'll have to eat while I'm supposed to be cleaning it up.

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #620
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'll write Ulfast if you have definite ideas for Ulwarth. Can I write Ulfang then? Seems he ought to have more of a role than he's been given so far.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 AM   #621
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. I'd better to talk to Captain of Despair. He was the one in charge of Ulfang.

You can use Ulwarth if you like, but I'd like to be able to play him occasionally when I've got time or motivatio, too.... But sharing a character could cause us to run into problems, in time.

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #622
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thorn waited, staff in hand, at the edge of the Borrim encampment. He could be patient when it came to waiting, for his purpose was clear; once that purpose had been seen to, then he would move on to the next thing.

After a whle, the Borrim emissary came riding out of the encampment.

"Lord Khandr!" Thorn cried. "A word, if I may! I have urgent news!"

The Borrim leader's horse came up and stopped a moment, and Lord Khandr regarded Thorn with a measuring look.

Would the Borrim leader pass him by, or would he stop? Either way, Thorn had a plan. But he waited to see which it would be.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #623
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi, dear chap, I believe the last post goes on the RPG thread.

-- Foley
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #624
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Good heavens. I do that every once in a great while. I'll move it.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #625
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Good to see you have moved the game forwards!

I do hope many things...

I hope Child would make the post that we could get on with the story.

I hope Child could fex. PM me and other Borrim still around if she has any ideas about what the Borrim should do (there clearly will be Khandr's orders) so that we wouldn't ruin any plans and to give us some guidelines as well as it is hard to be very initiative as a servant in these matters...

I also hope I could arrange time to get back into this RPG... and well, it looks promising within a week or two but then again I have said the same thing before.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #626
Child of the 7th Age

Post up. Ugh. That was like pulling teeth. Shows you want happens when you don't write for several months! Please tell me if anything needs adjusting.

Nogrod....I have no honest idea what is happening! My main thought was to have us gather information, listen at keyholes and see if anuthing turns up. If you have any ideas of your own, let me know. I am going to write Durelin and see if she is still writing for Jord.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #627
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child
save: Lord Khandr is of two minds
Figured he would be. Can't wait to see what you write. :: Elempi hops around in anticipation ::
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 AM   #628
Child of the 7th Age

Save filled. Speak up, man....speak up!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #629
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*stumbles in*

I'm here! Really I am! I still want to be Jord/Thuringwethil! That is, if you'll still have me.

I feel terrible for disappearing. I'll read up and try and re-orient myself in the story.

Edit: Oh, and I'll actually clear out my PM box, too...promise.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #630
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ha! Welcome back, Durelin. I'm glad you've returned.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #631
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Warning: metaphor at work

Elempi walks up to the prone figure that is "Treacher of Men RPG" and gives it a nudge at the shoulder. No response.

"Hmmm...."

Elempi puts his ear close to the figure's nose, listening for the faintest hint of breath.

"Uh oh, no sign of life."

Elempi straigtens and looks around.

"Worse and worse: no one in sight."

Elempi puts his hands to his mouth to effect a megaphone.

"Hello! Anybody out there? A medic? A miracle worker? If not, maybe we'd best put this corpse underground before it stinks up the place!"

Elempi waits for an answer.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #632
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It's got faint signs of life in it yet, seeing as how you and I are still paying some attention to it. But we can't carry the game by ourselves.

-- Folwren
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #633
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
It's got faint signs of life in it yet, seeing as how you and I are still paying some attention to it. But we can't carry the game by ourselves.
Precisely.

I've given my previous post more than 10 hours to receive some response, and yours, Foley, is the only one. That's moribund.

Considering the great start this "body" had, and its current condition (virtually comatose), it's ridiculous to try to continue this.

There needs to be posting at least once per week by those who have said, within the last 2 months, that they are still in. This includes Child & Durelin nad possibly Mithalwen.

If by the end of November there is not posting at least once per week by at least four writers, I'll pull out.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #634
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
As I've said before , I'm quite prepared to post something but right now I'm at an impasse.
I interact primarily with the characters of Nogrod, Child and Durelin, who aren't really around. My primary plot function, which was to "see" something and try, unsuccessfully, to warn the elves, has kind of been pre-empted. So I don't really see where I can go from here. Sorry.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #635
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Lalaith, can your woman come on the hunt with us? If this game gets going ahead, your character may see something there with which to warn the elves. I'm perfectly serious...despite the winking fellow.

-- Folwren
Old 10-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #636
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
As I've said before , I'm quite prepared to post something but right now I'm at an impasse.
I interact primarily with the characters of Nogrod, Child and Durelin, who aren't really around. My primary plot function, which was to "see" something and try, unsuccessfully, to warn the elves, has kind of been pre-empted. So I don't really see where I can go from here. Sorry.
I'm sorry to have pre-empted. I confess to impatience based on lack of movement. If other writers' failure to write stopped you, then what can one say? But you point to the big problem with this rpg: the people we need to be writing, aren't doing it, and don't show any signs of writing any time soon.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #637
Child of the 7th Age

With a creek and a groan Khandr emerges from the bushes.....

I don't know if my post makes any sense, but at this point a garbled post has to be better than no post. I've got a lead-in for Embla if she'd like to come and speak with Khandr. The poor fellow is a bit flummoxed and may actually be prepared to take Embla into his confidence.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 AM   #638
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
the people we need to be writing, aren't doing it, and don't show any signs of writing any time soon.
Admitted. And I'm very sorry about it. This has just been the busiest autumn I've ever seen. But there's yet again light ahead. The next weekend is my first truly free weekend for ages and I'd be happy to try to catch up with this and to write something to get myself going again.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:05 AM   #639
Child of the 7th Age

Nogrod,

If you need Khandr to give you any kind of "latch" to get into the plot line, just let me know.

Child
Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #640
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
My primary plot function, which was to "see" something and try, unsuccessfully, to warn the elves, has kind of been pre-empted.
That Thorn has seen and said his bit doesn't mean Embla can't. Besides, the two characters are different enough that they would probably do different things with the information, and convey it differently too.