Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2005, 08:34 PM   #81
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I could do that. Thanks so much!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:30 PM   #82
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I know that I have been fairly liberal in mentioning other people's characters in my posts, and if anyone has a problem with something, please do say so.
I personally don't have a problem with it, as I'm new to this and can often use a nudge to get me moving!

Quote:
I really would prefer you just leave me a 'hook' to respond to or work along with your character.
Will do.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #83
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
What do you want me to do. Sorry I haven't posted this weekend, we had a blizzard and I was over at a friend's house who just happens to not have internet.

-Crystal-
Old 01-24-2005, 02:58 PM   #84
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Crystal - I suppose just catch up on the posting (if you haven't already) and respond appropriately. This is what I said yesterday for short-term posting:
Quote:
The hobbits, for whatever reason (rapids, maybe? Be creative!) start getting up and ignoring Sondo's safety precautions. Perhaps the storm could *temporarily* let up, and then return with a vengeance... At any rate, the raft will crash sometime in the late evening - I want it like this so that it is actually dark, and the hobbits will have a rather sleepless night, not meeting up until morning (does this sound cruel or what? ). Sorry for what seems like a break in the action right now - I hadn't planned on the storm picking up so violently already, and I'm trying to get us on to nighttime.
Anyhow, you just don't seem to be having the greatest luck lately... do your best. I can certainly sympathize with the snow - we got 2+ feet the other night. Nasty, tricksy weather.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #85
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
PLACED ON GAME ~*~ PIO

Ok this is the post for when Marroc agrees to help Sassy. It would best fit behind Primrose's #50 post.
~*~*~

Kitanna's post

Marroc wished he had never gotten up this morning. Things just kept getting worse. He was tired, wet, and just generally miserable. He was sitting next to Sassy and he found himself jealous of the turtle shell hat she had made. Her head must be dry as a bone, he kept thinking.

Marroc tried to forget that he was wet and miserable and decided instead to focus on being hungry and miserable. He wanted to ask Sondo if it was possible to stop. It would be the smart and safe thing to do. After all poor Bingo was sick and everyone else would catch their death in this weather if they didn't seek shelter soon.

"Hey, give me a hand," Sassy's voice broke through Marroc's thoughts. "I want some lunch and I want it under the cover of the trees on the riverbank."

At this point Marroc should have used some common sense and stopped Sassy. Instead he followed her. She took up a large steering pole and Marroc helped her. They both had to work hard to kept from slipping all over the slick surface on the raft.

With the help of Marroc Sassy pushed the pole against a rock. The other lads were yelling for her to stop. Marroc let his hold on the pole loosen, another stupid move. Sassy had the pole stuck on the rocks. It snapped. Sassy hit the raft with a thud, as did Marroc. Almost, if not all, of the other steering poles, fell into the water. Marroc realized his error now. It had been stupid to try to help Sassy. He should have stopped her.

Looking up he saw she was clinging to the side of the raft. Sondo rushed to her aid and pulled her up. Everyone was safe, but for how long? With no steering poles what hope did they have of getting off the river before things got even worse? Though Marroc didn't think things could get any worse.

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-25-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #86
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Firefoot -

Sondo is looking a bit wet. Just wanted to clarify..... Is this the point in the story when you want everyone tossed off the raft and into the drink? See your earlier comments below:

Quote:
At any rate, the raft will crash sometime in the late evening - I want it like this so that it is actually dark, and the hobbits will have a rather sleepless night, not meeting up until morning (does this sound cruel or what? ). Sorry for what seems like a break in the action right now - I hadn't planned on the storm picking up so violently already, and I'm trying to get us on to nighttime.
Can I assume that we should not be able to retrieve the raft or our supplies, and that we will be unable to hitch up again as a group until the morning, though one or two of us may bump into each other?

I wanted to check before I filled in my save.

Child

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-27-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:03 PM   #87
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Child - correct. The raft has crashed and all the hobbits are in the water. Between the dark and the storm, the raft and supplies will now be unretrievable. When the hobbits make it to shore (and also, I hadn't said this, but if anyone is going to mention it, I want all the hobbits to be on the east bank) they can meet up in pairs or so before morning when all the hobbits are reunited.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:53 PM   #88
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Might as well ask now, so I can start thinking about my post. Who would like to meet up with the troublesome/annoying Rory?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #89
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Anyone care to be buddied up with Reggie? Not Bingo, probably, though, since that would make things a little less ... urgent, I guess. Too comfortable.

Reg could go with Rory, if you like, Boromir; or perhaps he could go with Sassy, seeing as he's felt some sympathy for her thus far.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:53 PM   #90
Child of the 7th Age

Primrose -

I wanted to respond to your offer of a candy but I was slow in posting and Firefoot had rightly pushed the action forward. I've put my response in the bottom part of your save box. I hope this is alright with you. Otherwise, let me know.

Off to fill in that other save....

Edit: My save is filled in. I am presently hurtling down river. My plans are to beach my "craft" and begin walking back, even if it will take half the night.

Just a warning.... Someone may get a "ghostly" visitor in the middle of the night, while you are trying to catch a few winks of sleep. Bingo is bleary eyed and half asleep. He'll probably slink in and, given his present condition, will not be certain of who you are. He may effectively give you a bit of a scare. Feel free to "attack" the scary intruder.

Cami on behalf of Bingo

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-28-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:27 AM   #91
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

Quote:
Reg could go with Rory, if you like, Boromir;
That's all right by me.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #92
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Righty-o. When I fill in my save I'll work that out.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I filled in my save...

Enca, I've set you up, strangely Rory thinks you're a ruffian...so don't scare him to bad when you show yourself, it might be the last thing Reggie does .

If there's anything that you don't like, I'll be glad to change it.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #94
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

At the end of my post I have Sondo approaching an unknown hobbit... I don't really care who this is.

Also, soon (tomorrow night, I'm thinking) I am going to put up another post moving the hobbits on to morning. If you want a(nother) post in for the night, please do that soon. There are several more adventures planned after this one, and I want to make sure there is enough time for those as well.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #95
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Boromir--

I've just filled my save in. Reggie gives Rory a bit of a scare, but not too badly! I've currently got them in the woods; Reggie is asleep and Rory is keeping watch. Let me know if you don't like anything I've done with Rory!
Old 01-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #96
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
Cami

Poor frightened Sassy has whacked Bingo hard on his leg, thinking he was a bear.

But I don't know what will be worse for him - she was so happy to see it was someone she knew, she's given him a big hug!

If I need to change anything, please advise . . .

-o- Primrose
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #97
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Firefoot,
Quote:
At the end of my post I have Sondo approaching an unknown hobbit... I don't really care who this is.
If it's all the same to you, m'dearie, that unknown hobbit is Falco, remarkably cheerful about the whole affair... though he couldn't resist taking one barely noticeable jab at Sondo.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:40 AM   #98
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for my absence. I have posted.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #99
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

I put up a save and the best description I could put for it was catching Marroc up. I'm going to backtrack a little in my post to right after Marroc is thrown over board to the next morning when he starts looking for the other hobbits. I'll try to fill it tomorrow when I get home form school.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 AM   #100
Primrose Bolger
Wight

I've filled in my SAVE - Bingo and Sassy should be back with Sondo and perhaps Reggie.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Old 02-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #101
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Sorry for not posting...I was delayed on business, I should get a post up today.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #102
Primrose Bolger
Wight

I edited my last post - poor Sondo! His sister is hugging him and using an old nickname I'm sure he doesn't want known!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #103
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Falco is waiting for some of the lads to go along with him... will anyone go on to Sarn Ford, or will they all go back with Sondo? I believe it would be a good idea if at least a couple of the lads came to Falco's way of thinking, but do what you will.

This is such grand fun.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #104
Child of the 7th Age

Encaitare,

Bingo is going with Sondo, since I've already made that clear in my earlier post. Do you want to have Reggie go ahead with Falco? That way, Bingo can worry about his brother....

Let me know.

Cami
Old 02-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #105
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Child, I just read your post. Bingo makes a very good argument! I think I shall have Reggie still go on with Falco, though... maybe he can be on a little bit of a guilt trip for a while afterwards.

There will soon be a parting of the ways; should Bingo and Reggie part on good terms? Or should they argue?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #106
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I deleted my previous save and will put up my post now. I felt what I wanted to do it would fit a lot better after Child's and everyone else's then it did in the previous spot.

Interesting occurences, you got me, I have no idea what you got up your sleeve next Firefoot.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #107
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
should Bingo and Reggie part on good terms? Or should they argue?
Encaitare -

Hmm.... I'm pretty flexible here. My guess is the real answer would be somewhere in the middle. I don't think Bingo would start screaming at his brother since that isn't his style. But I do think he'd probably try to put on a "magnamimous" big brother act and pressure him, which might get Reggie's goat. He probably still sees his brother more as a kid than Reggie would like him to. Just how much all this would get your character's goat is up to you.

Why don't I put up a save and have Bingo pull his brother to the side and politely lecture him? Then you can decide whether to get really miffed and explode, or just to part on strained but decent terms, with Reggie determined to show his brother he's not a little kid anymore.

Cami

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 02-05-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #108
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

My post is up, Firefoot...

I'm afraid Rory has put Sondo on the spot, if you can agree to his term he follows...if not you got another one lost to Falco.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #109
Child of the 7th Age

Encaitare -

My save is filled in. It's up to you now.

Cami
Old 02-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #110
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

My post is up; Reggie is deciding to act a little more independently than he usually does. He's acting civil but, as you said, things are a little strained.

That post would probably fit in best right after Bingo's (post #81) -- Child or pio, would you mind moving it there? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #111
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Great writing going on, everyone. My internet was acting up this weekend (it's fixed now, thankfully), and I can't help but be pleased at how everything's going. I must admit, this controversy is turning much larger than I ever realized it would (that's a good thing. ).

In light of this, I want to pose a question to Nuru and Enca (and possibly Boromir, if Rory isn't satisfied with Sondo's answer...), and I'm interesting in hearing the rest of all of your input as well: I had originally intended on the hobbits all ultimately going North. However, both your characters seem pretty dead-set, so what if they did decide to attempt going south for a little ways? Eventually, for whatever reason, they would have to turn around in order that the group would be together for most of the way home. I am open to either way; both could make for interesting development of both plot and characters. I do ask that a decision is made soon.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #112
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Firefoot,
This is what I was thinking (that is, if it's all right with you and all others)...

Falco is a stubborn character. He's not going to go back with Sondo now that he's made up his mind to go South. He's going to try to get as many of the boys on his side as he possibly can, and then move on South with them. Something or other will come up, something somewhat similar to that which has already been delaying the characters... something that will be enough to make his followers either openly 'mutiny' against him, or sneak away to get back to Sondo and the others. Falco will hold out stubbornly for as long as possible, but eventually he'll head back... though not necessarily humbled and asking for forgiveness.

How does this sound?
Old 02-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #113
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

These sound like some great ideas! Mutinous, anarchistic little hobbitses.

Everyone will eventually be going back north, as Firefoot said. If Falco does do something to make the ones who go with him upset, or if he's not as effective a leader as he thought, I'm thinking that maybe Reggie's guilt will get the better of him and he'll sneak off. Could be interesting...
Old 02-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #114
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

I filled in my save. Oh those poor hobbits, they're so divided!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #115
Child of the 7th Age

Encaitare -

I moved your post right after mine. I also added a very short response of my own. Seems like Bingo's feelings are a little hurt! He did leave the door open if Reggie should want to return.

Cami
Old 02-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #116
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Rory isn't too enthusiastic about Sondo's response...and isn't really too sure about Falco. All Rory wants to do is go home, he's had enough...so could Rory simply wonder off on his own? Then later bump back into Sondo and everyone? Or maybe he just reluctantly goes with Sondo, simply because he doesn't want to continue the adventure.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #117
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Lads and lassies,
Falco's decided to leave right away. If anyone wants to make any last minute decisions (namely Rory, who has to choose between Falco and Sondo still), tag along with him. It appears that the majority of the lads will be going back with Sondo... quite wise of them, though poor Falco isn't feeling happy about it.

Excellent writing so far! I'm enjoying this one... grand story you've come up with, Firefoot!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #118
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Thanks, Nuru. (BTW, I love your latest post - poor Falco!)

Boromir - I'm glad Rory feels that way - it's kinda what I was going for. It might be interesting if Rory decided not to go with the group, since it seems that Reggie and Falco are the only two who seem to be prepared to leave.

Keep up the excellent writing, everyone!
Old 02-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #119
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

I just put up a post in which Reggie and Falco are just beginning to leave. If anyone wanted to put in anything else before they go, I will be glad to edit it as necessary.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #120
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, here's the deal. In the next several game days (about four) there is not a whole lot planned. Sondo's group will be travelling north, and Falco and Reggie (and Rory?) will start south and then turn back north. Towards the end of this time they all can meet back up again and then... *suspenseful music*. Anyhow, after Day 4 is finished (this should be wrapping up pretty soon...) I am going to put up a blanket post for Days 5-8. If there is anything in particular that you want me to include about your character, like their mood/outlook (and keep in mind, this will be largely through Sondo's perspective) please pm me.

Nuru, Enca, B88 - check your pms.

Last edited by Firefoot; 02-08-2005 at 07:05 PM.