Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #81
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Very interesting, Nova! I like it (Plot twists are the spice of life ).
Old 11-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #82
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Alrighty, my post is up. The day has ended, and the new one begins. There may be a small conflict between Ingemar and Adranel's 'fight' in my post. If it must be corrected, I'll fix it. Also, my character has spoke with Sjorging, and discussed both the troop size, and the possibility of the Men of Dale hanging around the Host.

Also, I will putting up a post within the next few days for the Orcs. They will begin the ambush in that post, and you will be left to fend it off.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #83
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

There is a small conflict - I have Adranel much more injured than you do. A 'bump' to the head and possibly a broken rib, with a touch of fever thrown in. She shouldn't slow them down too much, though.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #84
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please note:

When you are editing a post on the game - filling in a SAVE, etc., please DO NOT fill in the "Reason for Editing" box. They become unnecessary out of character comments on the game thread.

Instead - please draw your fellow gamers' attention to the edit by commenting on it on the Discussion Thread if needed.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-29-2004, 04:20 AM   #85
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

CoD - I have added some onto my post (the last three paragraphs) to make it easier to fit with yours. Basically all you would have to do would be add something in the middle of your last paragraph before the first break to indicate a passage of time, because (though hurt) Adranel is up and about as you had her.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:26 AM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Nova-I love your post, adds a touch of comedy, with finding out more about your character .

Firefoot- You must have read my mind, but I'm afraid the orcs might interrupt .

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-29-2004 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:14 PM   #87
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
1420!

Firefoot-Before I move on to the morning, with the orc attack, I decided to stop it with Beluf. He's hoping Adranel can understand .

CoD-I will post on the orc attack after Firefoot can get her's in response up. We'll just have to see if this small fray get's Sjorging's "hard-heart" burning for orc blood again .
Old 11-29-2004, 05:11 PM   #88
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

A thought

To make the timing fit together right, what if I just put Boromir88's post at the bottom of my last one, and put my response underneath that? As it is now, I don't suppose the sequencing makes a lot of sense.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #89
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

You are right, the sequencing is off. I was going to just continue to the next day for the orc raid. But, I decided to have Beluf apologize, what I could do is I could just delete the whole scene with Beluf, move onto the next day, and make the apology after the fray, if that suits everyone better?

Nova-I would like my characters to meet Ingemar, however, visitation of your character has been shut down. We could devise a way for them to meet, any ideas?
Old 11-29-2004, 06:19 PM   #90
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It doesn't matter to me which way we do it. Continued tension between Adranel and Beluf might be interesting, however.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #91
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Orcs have made their attack. Since Umwe is no longer available to command the orcs, we need not worry about an escape, and a regrouping at Gundabad. Thus, let no orc remain standing!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #92
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

I editted my previous post, so everything would fit together better. I moved on into the morning, and right when the men march on, Adranel is safe from confrontation....for now.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:46 PM   #93
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Please remember to remove your signatures from EVERY post to the RPG thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, Game Mod

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-02-2004 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #94
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

. . . "Muddy Bells!!" she mutters, trying to give reps to the gamers . . .

Apparently I need to 'spread more reputation around' before coming back to this fine game.

So, let me just tell all of you writers how much I'm enjoying follwing along with the storyline as it develops.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-06-2004, 02:06 PM   #95
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots Save filled...

Okay, I have filled my save. Sorry for the delay.

Boromir -
Quote:
Nova-I would like my characters to meet Ingemar, however, visitation of your character has been shut down. We could devise a way for them to meet, any ideas?
What do you say to your characters trying to get Ingemar down from the tree? The poor fellow will not likely come down at once, so it'll probably prove difficult, but I believe your guys can manage... Yes?

I hope my post was to your satisfaction, CoD, (and others). If not, then please do tell and I'll edit.

Pio - I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I am too!

Cheers,
Nova
Old 12-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #96
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Well, Beluf met Inegmar, but Inegmar doesn't seem to have any urge to leave from his tree. Unless....Inegmar happens to want food...
Old 12-07-2004, 03:30 PM   #97
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Looks good Witchy, maybe sometime tonight we can have a formal introduction .
Old 12-07-2004, 04:34 PM   #98
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well done, everyone!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all your posts. It has been a good game thus far, and I hope it will continue as such.

Pio: I've noticed the game is about halfway done. Since the timeline gets a bit dull around the middle, I'd like to remove Day 6, to add a bit of time for the rest of the game.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 12-07-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #99
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Right now I'm on my work computer, my home computer has crashed and will try to get that fixed asap. So, you won't see a post from me in atleast the next couple days, this is going to be a long process.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #100
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

I have filled my save.

I'll do some edits tomorrow, but right now I'm too tired. (I was almost done filling my save, when I clicked the wrong button and all was lost!)

Hope your computer 'gets well', Boromir.

Nova
Old 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #101
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainofDespair
Pio: I've noticed the game is about halfway done. Since the timeline gets a bit dull around the middle, I'd like to remove Day 6, to add a bit of time for the rest of the game.
That's fine! The game is going along quite well. Go ahead and call the shots as you see them.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-10-2004, 05:18 AM   #102
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Good news, I got it working sooner then I expected, . I thought I was going to have to do the same thing the last time my computer crashed .
Old 12-10-2004, 06:06 AM   #103
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Nova I'm sorry for Inegmar ...I wanted to see how he would react if he noticed everyone was looking at him (if he even does notice).
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #104
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, I should have a post up by tomorrow. I will wrap up the battle/clean up scene, maybe do something about Ingemar, and conclude with the next morning post.

Since, according to the timeline at least, things seem to quiet down a bit, I will be moving some of these days by a bit faster, so that we can stay on track.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:02 AM   #105
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alright, my post is *finally* up. The battle has been concluded, and the host has moved out, off to Gundabad. There have been few Gondorian casualties. It is quite within reason however, to state there are more, as accounts from person to person, based on what they've seen, can vary.

I'd like everyone to get a post or two up as quickly as possible with this new day. We are on a schedule, and we are behind (purely my fault), so I will be removing/condensing the next few days in the timeline.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 PM   #106
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ick, three consecutive posts...

Anyway, it has been close to a week, with no new posts. I can't let the game die, now can I? So, I will be posting a moving on post soon. And yet again, I am behind schedule. I cannot tarry long on any particular day for the moment, so I will be advancing time over the holiday break, but not by much.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:41 AM   #107
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Heads up

I will be away for Christmas from Wednesday the 22nd to Tuesday the 28th, which is unfortunately when the game is closing. I should have some computer access, and will hopefully be able to get a post up sometime between the 24th-26th. I plan on having a post up today and one again before I leave.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #108
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been feeling well all week, I too will get a post up today
Old 12-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #109
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, it was poor planning on my part. I should have expected the Christmas delay.

I will put my new post up soon after the rest of you get yours up. I will be condensing Day 7 and 8 into one day, as well Day 9 and 10.

Pio: If it's alright with the Shire Mods, I'd like to extend the game closing date by a week, to accomodate the busy holiday times.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 12-18-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:53 PM   #110
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

CoD

Check your PM's.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #111
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Captain- I forgot to mention in my previous post I already had Sjorging give his response. But since I can't think of something to post on right now, and to prevent you from having to do anymore work, I will delete part of my previous post, and put it in this one .
Old 12-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #112
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Uh-oh, it appears Firefoot and I were cross-posting, and got her post up before mine. Is there a way to switch around the posts, to make the time fit together?
Old 12-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #113
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Due to the cross-posting some of the events in the two posts contradict each other, so I took my post down and replaced it with a save after B88's post. I should have it filled tomorrow morning - I'd do it right now but it's getting late.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:42 AM   #114
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please Note:

CoD and I have agreed on a new end date for the game: 1/9. That should give enough time for a satisfactory ending to this well written game.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Thanks for changing Firefoot, I appreciate it. I've had strep throat all week, and this medicine is just giving me nasty side effect, I think I might go back to the doctor's tomorrow.

I love your post, I still can't figure out your character, she feels so lonely, and hates it, but puts it upon herself to be lonely . Oh well, time will tell, I think it just makes the RPG more interesting .
Old 12-19-2004, 10:45 AM   #116
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

My post is now up. The Gondorians host, and the Men of Dale have reached Gundabad, and set camp. To save time, I have included the parley with the orc chieftain.

Soredamor and Berserker_Warrior: I will be dispatching PMs to both of you, very soon.
Old 12-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #117
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Eeeek! Ingemar has done it again; being in love with armour and the word 'Assault', he has cried out 'assault', and the whole camp is just a big chaos, because it is believed that there actually is an assault!

I hope some of you manage to fix this. Don't be too harsh on poor Ingemar though.

Please let me know if my post needs edits!

Cheers,
Nova
Old 12-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #118
Soredamor
Pile O'Bones

Soredamor has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for the many delays!

Finally the goblin forces have basically reached Gundabad, though it is not at all like Grûglach to just barge in.

Speaking of barging in, would it be convenient if I do a bit of role stealing and get those orcs at Gundabad in on the action?
Old 12-20-2004, 05:16 PM   #119
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hehe...Tis a fine post, Nova. You've done wonderful work with Ingemar. The post is fine, and I'm sure someone will manage to stop the commotion that has started.

Soredamor: I'm not entirely sure what you would do with the Gundabad orcs, but go ahead. Just don't 'steal' too many. If anything would need to be changed, I'll let you know. I have yet to hear from Beserker_Warrior, and so I'm unsure if he is even active. Until this is resolved, don't do too much with the Gundabad orcs.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

1420!

Well...after brief chaos Uther got control of his camp, and Ingemar you might say "framed himself." So, what happens to Ingemar, and how Uther handles it, is up to their respected gamers .