Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #441
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
So, today is September 26, 2008. This game started in November of 2006. And I understand that you valiant band of players are very near wrapping up this RP.

I'd like to give you three a deadline now for getting this game finished.

Four weeks, I think, will be adequate time to do your endgame posts. So by October 24th, 2008 I would like to see your final posts on the game.

If there is some reason a player cannot post, then I would like the others to carry their character along.
So, it's been 3 weeks (10/11) since there has been a post to the game. And it's now also a week past the deadline of October 24th previously set for its completion. I would really like to see this game written to a conclusion.

I'll give you until November 15th. At that point I'll close the game and the discussion thread and send it to Elvenhome.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-03-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:37 AM   #442
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Posted. Sorry about the delay.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #443
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, unless there are loud protests, I will write us out of the dungeon in one long-ish post on Monday or Tuesday...
Old 11-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #444
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Done.

As the post was quite long, I took some liberties with all the characters - which means that I'm happy to edit even minor things in your characters' behaviour if they don't fit them.

Now, we should get this done pretty quickly. If you both write a post or two now, and then I'll write how they go to fetch Thin-Gloomy's treasure, and then we can just all write our epilogues?

Also, if you're disappointed that I hogged all the fighting, there's still the other bandit gang, so you can write them attack us during the night or something, just as long as it doesn't prolong the game, so basically if you can get it done in a post or two.

Let's try to stick the deadline, right?

And lastly - pio, could you add Jenfried's bio to the character list, please?

------------------------

Bio linked ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #445
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Nice post! I'd rep but I need to spread it around first (and incidentally, Thin, I deduce that you rep a ridiculous amount).
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #446
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
(and incidentally, Thin, I deduce that you rep a ridiculous amount).
In fact, I do.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #447
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The Eye

Just throwing this out here - if we want to have some sort epilogues, they must be done by the 15th too. So we'd better get done with the main storyline in a week or so... Because at least I think the epilogues would be good, if not long ones, then at least short ones, okay, I'm basically thinking of killing off my characters but I'd like to hear what happened to Valesseka and Éomeleo (and Miko ) after this RPG, or have at least a hint of it. Also, it would need to be told what happened to the Elves and Dárin, at least shortly. I volunteer for doing that, with all respect, I suspect I'm the only one here who would get it done and also, I would like it, and lastly, if I'm to kill off my characters, I won't have other epilogues to write...

Any thoughts on these epilogues?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #448
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Killing them? Well, I'm certainly not going to kill off mine. If it's ok with Valesse, I'd actually like Valesseka and Éomeléo to end up together. That would be nice. There aren't enough nice endings these days.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #449
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
The idea of dying without some glorious return and 'appropriate' pomp just doesn't seem fitting for Valesseka. I'm all for the couple staying together. Poor Eomeleo.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #450
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, I wasn't suggesting you should kill off your characters - I just think I might kill mine: Jen was supposed to die all along and I think it would be amusingly ironic if T-G died... let's see how evil I'm going to be with it...

But, please, post: time is running out...
Old 11-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #451
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok. Lommy, I'm not sure if you want your characters to die now, but I left it open for you. I think it might be too grim if they are killed in front of the friends, though. Do you want them killed in your epilogue?

If so, the noise that I left in my post can be my fellow prisoners escaping. Miko alluded to them in his first post. You can write around them, though. I'd rather describe them myself.

So, I will post once more for the story, and once more for the epilogue.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #452
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
If so, the noise that I left in my post can be my fellow prisoners escaping. Miko alluded to them in his first post. You can write around them, though. I'd rather describe them myself.
Maybe that would make more sense. I think poor Jen could die of her wound and the bandit leader woman could have escaped and kill Thin-Gloomy in my last non-epilogue post... so on the following day in-game time.

But if you want to write about the escaped prisoners, should you then continue now? Then Val could post something and maybe get us find a camping place and go to sleep. Then, I could write about the next day: they would go to fetch the treasure and the two of my chracters would get killed.

Then we could just write the epilogues and be done with it. Any comments/ critcism/ approval/ better ideas?

Also, hmmm... I'm wondering whether I want to make my last post just a little nasty, or more than a little nasty. (Not too gloomy in any case, but it's more like a question of whether it should be just wicked or more even wicked...) Opinions?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #453
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok, I will post next. I'll try to do it tonight. Then Valesse can finish up for the two of us.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #454
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Ok, I will post next. I'll try to do it tonight. Then Valesse can finish up for the two of us.
What about the epilogues? I have a feeling we may get into a hurry with them... Should we ask pio if she would keep the game deadline as it is, but could move the epilogue deadline/ closing time by a few days? Or will we get everything done? I just think we may end up short of a few days...

Or will we just bury the thought of epilogues? Basically, we can just leave the ending a little more open...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #455
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm happy enough not doing an epilogue. We'll see.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #456
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'm happy enough not doing an epilogue. We'll see.
I think no epilogues sounds fine and probable. I'm also leaning to think we can thereby leave the Elves and the Dwarf in the woods. If someone is terribly interested in what happened to them, they can make a new RPG out of it.

Valesse, please, could you post soon. I don't wish to pressure you but it's Thursday now and our deadline is Saturday. I will write my last post (which will also be the last post for the whole game) on Saturday, but you obviously need to post before that, so preferably today or tomorrow, right? Because if you too wait until Saturday we will be in a time zone confusion, especially as my timezone is much earlier than yours and I won't be writing the last post 6am my time on Sunday morning or anything... Or if you really have to have it until Saturday, then please wrote it in the morning/noon your time because then I have time to write my post before I go to sleep (because our deadline is due by the time I wake up, for sure).

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-13-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: capitalism! err... I mean, capitalization ;)
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #457
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Let me clarify my time zone, since I know it can be confusing when we all live so far apart. I'm on the west coast of the U.S. - Pacific Time Zone.

So, the game will close Saturday, November 15th, midnight, my time.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #458
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Blah, it was one of those "I already wrote it tho- ... I never hit send." kind of things. I have a bad habit of writing forum posts right around dinner time and, well, I'm easily led by my stomach.

I've posted though! And I've tied up as much as I could think to and gave Valesseka as much character punch as I felt necessary (you can enter in her thinking about how beautiful her and Eomeleo are while she's squeezing the blood out of his arm... which is most of the post)
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #459
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Closing the thread in @ 11 1/2 hours......
Old 11-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #460
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
Closing the thread in @ 11 1/2 hours......
Yes, yes, I will write THE post before I go to sleep and it's already 10.30pm my time...
Old 11-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #461
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey, wait, sorry, I didn't get your phrasing, did you mean that you'll close it in 11,5 hours or 0,5 hours?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #462
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

That was 11.5 hours.

Now it's 9.5 hours....
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #463
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Silmaril And here ends the story...

Now it's done.

Eomer
and Valesse - it was great that we made it this far. It was a pleasure to write with you.

Pio - thanks for taking care of all of this.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #464
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Well, done! And now, off to Elvenhome.