The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #15121
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #15122
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Any E's?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #15123
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
NIE

"I/ --/ -----/, ----/ --/ --e/ ----/, --/ -e--/ ----/ -e-i-e/," he said. "In-ee-/ ---ne-/ -----/ I/ -e--/ -/ ----e/ ---n/ -e/ ---n-/ --/ -ne/. I/ ---e/ --/ -ee-/ -e--e-/."
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #15124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
T?
Old 05-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #15125
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

NITE

"I/ --/ -----/, ----/ --/ t-e/ ----/, t-/ -e--/ ----/ -e-i-e/," he said. "In-ee-/ ---ne-/ -----/ I/ -e--/ -/ ----e/ t--n/ -e/ ---n-/ --/ -ne/. I/ ---e/ --/ -eet/ -ette-/."
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #15126
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Let's have some R.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #15127
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

INERT

"I/ --/ -r---/, --r-/ --/ t-e/ --r-/, t-/ -e-r/ ---r/ -e-i-e/," he said. "In-ee-/ ---ner/ -----/ I/ -e-r/ -/ --r-e/ t--n/ -e/ --rne/ --/ -ne/. I/ ---e/ --/ -eet/ -etter/."
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #15128
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hmm. L?
Old 05-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #15129
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

EILNRT

"I/ --/ -r---/, L-r-/ --/ t-e/ --r-/, t-/ -e-r/ ---r/ -e-i-e/," he said. "In-ee-/ ---ner/ ---l-/ I/ -e-r/ -/ --r-e/ t--n/ -e/ --rne/ --/ -ne/. I/ l--e/ --/ -eet/ -etter/."
Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #15130
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

A?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #15131
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

AEILNRT

"I/ a-/ -r---/, L-r-/ --/ t-e/ -ar-/, t-/ -ear/ ---r/ -e-i-e/," he said. "In-ee-/ ---ner/ ---l-/ I/ -ear/ a/ --r-e/ t-an/ -e/ --rne/ --/ -ne/. I/ l--e/ --/ -eet/ -etter/."
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #15132
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I am proud, Lord of the Mark, to bear your device. Indeed sooner would I bear a horse than be borne by one. I love my feet better.
Gimli

Thinking of Théodred here?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #15133
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yep, you found it, Aganzir!
Well, yes, if this shield was made for Théoden as a boy it is very likely that Théodred also used it .
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #15134
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hahaha, you're right!

Here's the next one.

'---/ -/ ---/ ---/ ------/ ---/, ----/ ----/ --/ ----/. --/ --------/ ----/ -----/ ------/ --/ ---/, ---/ ------/ ----/ ----/ -------/; ---/ -/ ----/ ----/ --/ ----/.'
Old 05-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #15135
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

A please
Old 05-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #15136
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

A

'---/ -/ ---/ ---/ ------/ ---/, -a--/ ----/ --/ ----/. --/ --------/ -a--/ -----/ ------/ --/ ---/, a--/ ------/ ----/ --a-/ -------/; ---/ -/ -a--/ ----/ --/ ----/.'
Old 05-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #15137
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

T please
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #15138
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

AT

'--t/ -/ ---/ --t/ ------/ ---/, -a--/ ----/ --/ ----/. --/ t-----t-/ -a--/ --t--/ t-----/ t-/ ---/, a--/ ------/ ----/ t-a-/ t-----t/; --t/ -/ -a--/ ---t/ --/ ----/.'
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #15139
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
We need some H.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #15140
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

HAT

'--t/ -/ ---/ --t/ ------/ ---/, -a--/ ----/ --/ ---h/. --/ th----t-/ ha--/ --t--/ t-----/ t-/ ---/, a--/ ------/ ----/ tha-/ t----ht/; --t/ -/ ha--/ ---t/ --/ ----/.'
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #15141
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
‘But I did not summon you, save only in wish. My thoughts have often turned to you, and seldom more than tonight; yet I have sent no word.' -- Aragorn to Halbarad
Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #15142
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quite right. While the thread was loading, I was wondering if you had already guessed it.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #15143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Theeenamiiir!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #15144
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

My apologies for the delay. Still working on my lightning-fried home PC. Here ya go:

‘-/ ----/ -------/ ---/ -----/ ---------/ ------/ --/ ---/ --/ ----/,’ --/ -------/. ‘----/ ----/ ----/ -/ ----/? ----/ -/ --------/: -/ ---------/, -/ -----/ --/ -------/.’

And just to make up for the delay, I'll buy you a vowel:

O

‘-/ ----/ -------/ ---/ -----/ ---------/ ---o--/ -o/ ---/ --/ -o--/,’ --/ --o----/. ‘----/ -oo-/ ----/ -/ ----/? ----/ -/ --------/: -/ ---------/, -/ -----/ o-/ -------/.’
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #15145
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It's fine, I hope your PC will be okay soon! I was just wondering if you had forgotten.

May I have some L?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #15146
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

LO

‘-/ ----/ -----l-/ ---/ -----/ ---------/ -l-o--/ -o/ l--/ --/ -o--/,’ --/ --o----/. ‘----/ -oo-/ ----/ -/ ----/? ----/ -/ --------/: -/ ---------/, -/ -----/ o-/ l------/.’
Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #15147
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

S please!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #15148
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

how about T?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #15149
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

SLOT

‘-/ --s-/ -----l-/ ---/ -----/ ---s-----/ -l-o--/ to/ l-t/ -s/ -o--/,’ --/ t-o---t/. ‘---t/ -oo-/ ----/ -/ ----/? --st/ -/ ---s----/: -/ --ss-----/, -/ -----/ o-/ l------/.’

S and T are usually such plentiful clues...but not today! Bwahahahaha!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #15150
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
E's please! - I came up with only one decently long quote without any E's, and that was in orcish.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #15151
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I please

Last edited by Guinevere; 06-02-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: cross-posted
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #15152
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

And can I have some N as well?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #15153
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Greedy, greedy little hobbitses, wantses three letters in one round...

OLSTEIN

‘I/ -is-/ --n--l-/ ---/ ne-e-/ -e-s---e-/ El-on-/ to/ let/ -s/ -o-e/,’ -e/ t-o---t/. ‘---t/ -oo-/ ---e/ I/ -een/? --st/ -/ n-is-n-e/: -/ --ssen-e-/, -/ -ie-e/ o-/ l-----e/.’

That should pretty much give it to you.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #15154
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

White-Hand Indeed!

Quote:
"I wish Gandalf had never persuaded Elrond to let us come" he thought. "What good have I been? Just a nuisance: a passenger, a piece of luggage."
Pippin after regaining conscience and finding himself a prisoner of the Uruk-Hai.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #15155
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir bows to the lovely and gracious Guinevere and passes the baton to her.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #15156
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you, Thenamir!

"---/ ----/, --/ ---'-/ ----/, ---/ ----/ -----/ ----/ --/. ---'-/ -----/ ----/ ----/, -------/, --/ --/ ---/ ---/ ----/ ----/ --/ ---/."
Old 06-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #15157
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

S?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #15158
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S
"---/ ----/, --/ -s-'-/ ----/, ---/ ----/ -----/ ----/ --/. ---'-/ ---s-/ ----/ ----/, S----s-/, --/ -s/ ---/ ---/ --s-/ ----/ --/ ---/."

there, you already have a clue!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #15159
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Some I as well?

I always cheat and don't capitalize names when it's my turn.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #15160
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"N"s, please.