The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #681
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And really. I'm not leaving anything to the phantom remembering how he sabotaged the one we were supposed tp make together just the two of us.
Hahaha! To be fair, it didn't look like sabotage to me, just a miscommunication!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I was actually thinking the opposite, that if they saw us exploding after Form's suggestion they'd realize it was a problem.
Yeah that's true I suppose. It's just that I won't have time to explode for very much longer.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #682
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
With Nog here. I mean I would even give the benefit of doubt to our resident Wolves, but there are still at least two of them, and maybe it is time for experiments, but Nerwen already does have one vote, and I'd at least want to make it so that we aren't overruled in voting.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #683
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm done.

++ Nerwen

Good night and good luck!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #684
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Whatever info scheme the village can think of, Nerwen is our safest bet. Even if they spend half the DAY talking about it, it's still least chance they'll interpret it as meaning something it doesn't.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #685
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It's dinnertime here, so I won't be able to help explode either for a bit.

I also have a bad feeling that wolf-Form and/or wolf-Eomer are well aware and laughing at us.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 PM   #686
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots The Dead Thread Train Haven't Brakes

Some bizarre compulsion is driving me to point out that you guys just filled an entire page in less than half an hour.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #687
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Some bizarre compulsion is driving me to point out that you guys just filled an entire page in less than half an hour.
GOOD. I hope that helps them realise the idiocy of leaving this for the last couple of hours.

Much love to the living,
a very tired European

Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #688
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

LOMMY!

Quote:
Agan the hunter, sally the lover and Boro the itch man
(thanks to the Downs anti-caps policy I had to edit all capital letters back to this post)
Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #689
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
About them checking the Dead thread - even if they are checking, who is checking it? How many of them are online? And how much? And would they share their observation with the rest? (Wolves wouldn't.)

They won't notice that we "exploded" - I doubt that. Since they can't check the thread, I doubt they are refreshing the page every half a minute, they won't be able to tell if in the last five minutes it was one, three, five or ten new posts.

Silence is the only way we can communicate, and that requires at least an hour of silence or something. Preferably more.

So yeah. I think Nerwen it is, and let's hope for the best. Also for the best lynch from the villagers.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #690
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I also have a bad feeling that wolf-Form and/or wolf-Eomer are well aware and laughing at us.
Probably both.

Quote:
We are the champions, my friend.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #691
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
We are the champions, my friend.
My hopes that this game will go down in legend have some chance of being fulfilled.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #692
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Lommy is being poetic! Form and morm, Mith and Kath!
Old 06-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #693
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

phantom, are you still here?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #694
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I was being quiet. Guess that plan is scratched.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #695
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Guess so.

Can your phone do international texts (or have you got whatsapp)? Because I'm not going to set an alarm but if something urgent requires my presence, I could give you my number.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #696
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The things I do for werewolf.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #697
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Wait Lommy has an idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Not sure I understand. We can't ask the dead to give us a dead wolf's name, because they might not have any.

What if we just upgrade Firefoot's scheme [original version] from yesterDay:

(just deleted dead people from the voting options and replaced the phantom and Greenie with Rikae and Legate)

If Nog is a wolf, give your extra vote to Form or McCaber
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Nerwen
If Rikae is a wolf, give your extra vote to Boro
If Rikae is innocent, give your extra vote to Lommy
If Legate is a wolf, give your extra vote to Eomer or morm
If Legate is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp or shasta
If Rune is a wolf, give your extra vote to Mith or Kath
If Rune is innocent, give your extra vote to Sally

I think this will create the least confusion, in case the dead have started voting already (TIMEZONES) and I don't think it's implausible they went with Firefoot's scheme again if the person they scried was on it...

I also strongly suggest figuring this out in the first half of the Day toMorrow.
So is it Shasta time again?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #698
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Guess so.

Can your phone do international texts (or have you got whatsapp)? Because I'm not going to set an alarm but if something urgent requires my presence, I could give you my number.
Success tp success!!!

I feel confident in confessing now that this whole convoluted game is actually an elaborate ploy orchestrated by the phantom to get Aganzir's number.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #699
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
My hopes that this game will go down in legend have some chance of being fulfilled.
Already happened, dear sir, already happened.

And now looking at the threads from the outside: it's right! A moment ago we had the same amount of posts, now we have over 40 more...

That being said... Lommy just posted a kind of a list. Upgraded Firefoot list. Does it make sense? Because if it does, we could still try to pull it off.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:47 PM   #700
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Wait Lommy has an idea!

So is it Shasta time again?
I am actually all for it, if we can do it. Wow that would be a last-minute brilliance. (I just hope Shasta doesn't vote some nonsense.)

Quote:
Success tp success!!!

I feel confident in confessing now that this whole convoluted game is actually an elaborate ploy orchestrated by the phantom to get Aganzir's number.
Rofl.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #701
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Success tp success!!!

I have been laughing maniacally for the last minute or so.

(Hope I don't wake Greenie up.)
Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #702
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Indeed, Kuru. Phase one of the plan complete.

Phase two is much more complicated, believe it or not. But when one considers the importance of passing on superior genetics, no amount of planning and plotting is too much.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #703
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But no, I won't be texting you. When I absolutely must I talk on my phone (cutting off the conversation as quickly as possible). No texting. I don't like for people to feel they have an easy way of contacting me.

But I still want the number of course. Kuru nailed it.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:51 PM   #704
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Phase two is much more complicated, believe it or not. But when one considers the importance of passing on superior genetics, no amount of planning and plotting is too much.
Roger! Phase Two initiated!

I will begin assembly of the space ship's booster rockets and start an RPG thread about a lost dog in Bywater at once!!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #705
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I would have your babies if you made this much effort plotting it.

Anyhow. I'm going to PM my number to you and you will text me, no matter how little you like it, if you need me to vote.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #706
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Alternatively I could just vote for Shasta again. Boy he must feel popular.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #707
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, Lommy's posted a viable plan now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If Nog is a wolf, give your extra vote to Form or McCaber
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Nerwen
If Rikae is a wolf, give your extra vote to Boro
If Rikae is innocent, give your extra vote to Lommy
If Legate is a wolf, give your extra vote to Eomer or morm
If Legate is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp or shasta
If Rune is a wolf, give your extra vote to Mith or Kath
If Rune is innocent, give your extra vote to Sally
Do we have the numbers to safely go for Shasta now?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #708
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I fear I don't want to know anything more.

But does this mean I should try to cast my vote for Shasta? And then trust our esteemed mostly-non-Europeans to do something about it? And whoever isn't going to comply shall be considered enemy of the state henceforth?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #709
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Do we have the numbers to safely go for Shasta now?
I would say, go ahead and vote. And if also e.g. phantom votes, I will follow. Deal?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #710
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I fear I don't want to know anything more.

But does this mean I should try to cast my vote for Shasta? And then trust our esteemed mostly-non-Europeans to do something about it? And whoever isn't going to comply shall be considered enemy of the state henceforth?

I want to vote for Shasta but who's to say he doesn't vote for somebody we don't want to? What if we accidentally cause a tie? It's difficult because nobody else has voted.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #711
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:

I want to vote for Shasta but who's to say he doesn't vote for somebody we don't want to? What if we accidentally cause a tie? It's difficult because nobody else has voted.
Of all the people on the Living thread, I am not that worried about Shasta. I think we just have to do the shot in the dark. After all, with Nerwen it is kind of the same possibility.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #712
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Then again Shasta is here now and looks like he may be voting for Nilp. I wouldn't mind.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #713
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kuru can I authorise somebody to vote on my behalf if I want to go to sleep?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:00 PM   #714
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Then again Shasta is here now and looks like he may be voting for Nilp. I wouldn't mind.
That's fine by me. Let's do it. Rikae? Phantom? (Or whoever is around apart from you, too?) Are you up for voting shasta?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #715
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Also it makes me laugh that Nog voted for Nerwen because in the current plan, that would prove his innocence.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #716
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Greenie
voted for Nerwen
Nog
voted for Nerwen

Left to vote:
the phantom
(Nerwen-"dreamed"? innocent)
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
(hunter)
Macalaure (wolf)
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
(known innocent)
Loslote (wolf)
Firefoot
(one of Nerwen's innocents)
Lalaith

So, four presumably innocent, two wolves, one unknown, and me.

I'd say it's safe, then:

++Shasta
Old 06-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #717
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Gah! Once again I can't count!

Two unknown (Rune and Lalaith). But if the rest of us vote Shasta, we don't need to worry about them anyway.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #718
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
given that the dead Europeans (*makes a face at Agan if she's reading the living thread*) may well have voted already
I WOULDN'T BE READING THE BLOODY THREAD if you'd just acted sooner.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #719
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I want to see who Shasta votes for.

And no, Agan, it's not that I won't, it's that I can't. I do not text. Sorry.

Also, it's nice to hear that my plotting efforts will be rewarded. I, and all future inhabitants of Earth, thank you.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #720
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Also it makes me laugh that Nog voted for Nerwen because in the current plan, that would prove his innocence.
He's sleeping happily in the next room, but shh, *whispers* maybe that was his intention all along!

Quote:
Gah! Once again I can't count!

Two unknown (Rune and Lalaith). But if the rest of us vote Shasta, we don't need to worry about them anyway.
Yes, should be good. And whosoever doth not comply, they shalt be considered the Enemy.