The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #41
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88

I keep getting the image of Billy Pullman for Imrahil.
Cute...but too short ..?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #42
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Beregond the guard from Minas Tirith

I rather liked Beregond in the books and would like to see him played by James Caviezael ( The Passion of the Christ, and I Am David).
Old 04-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #43
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
James Caviezael ( The Passion of the Christ, and I Am David)
And Count of Mounte Cristo. Good actor, he would probably be a good fit.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #44
Thorgis

casting .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathriel
Goldberry:Scarlet Johansen

I don't think Jude Law would do as Thranduil. Somehow I just can't picture him being the father of Legolas (Orlando Bloom)
Did you take a look at the drawing? I was wondering about Thranduil for a long time until I discovered that many features of their faces are very similar and could make them look like family. Sure - as humans they don´t differ enough to be father and son, but we are talking elf here?

Other new cast:
Feanor - Robbie Coltrane would be brilliant as Beorn, but as he already plays major part in Harry Potter we can consider him "burnt", I suppose. I would not have liked Ian to replace late Richard Harris either.
Only considering the faces I would like to push Stephen Fry foreward (he has done the HP audiobooks ....) : Looking at his face I see some bear features somehow. He also is quite tall I suppose.

Boromir - Alan Rickman would be one of the possible casts for the Master of Laketown, along with Tim Curry and a few of our other favourite film villains. He has the sneaky look of a corrupt merchant.

If we are brainstorming about the "Hobbit" here we are still left with 1 big problem: I doubt that Ian Holm will be suitable to play Bilbo again: So who might replace him? Any guesses?

I am working on a few renders of actors into Hobbit characters atm. Keep checking if you like: www.henj.nl
Old 04-16-2005, 08:31 AM   #45
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Thorgis: *sigh* I know... he was dead to me as another actor after the Bond movies. When I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, I thought "Look, Legolas the pirate". When I watched Hidalgo, I thought "Look, Aragorn the cowboy." Good movies ruin actors for different parts. They're just too ingrained now as the character instead of the person.

I think the biggest problem with casting Rickman is that he's too well known. Also it would bring up multitudes of dissent between HP and LotR fans, much like the Ian McKellen = Dumbledore thing. My reason for "casting" him as the Mouth of Sauron was purely humorous, based on his portrayal of the Voice of God in Dogma. As much as I love the guy's talents, I can't see him in a LotR or Hobbit movie.

Fea
Old 04-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #46
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
How about The Barrow-Wight as the Barrow-wight?
Old 04-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #47
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Re:

Hey, so I drew a picture of Thranduil once, a few years ago.

My goal was to blend Orlando Bloom, and Hugo Weaving's faces into one, with a little more Orlando than anyone else, and whammo! Thranduil.

So I drew it, and I like it. He actually ended up looking more than a little like Martin Csokas, which surprised me.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #48
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I don't know I think Alan Rickman could make a decent Bill Ferny or even David Bradley who played Filch in Harry Potter. They both make great vilians and seem that they could fit the part.
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #49
Eruanna
Memento Mori

Eruanna has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

David Bradley would be brilliant as Bill, good idea Mormegil. There was a series of adverts on tv here in the UK last year for the Rugby World Cup. Peter O'Toole was in them, playing the part of a wizard, complete with long white beard. At the time I thought he'd make a good Dumbledore, but he'd have been an even better Cirdan.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #50
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Now I know that this is not in LoTR but we have had talk of where to put Alan Rickman and I have the perfect character for him--Maeglin--I can picture him portraying his personality perfectly.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #51
SoldierofMinisTirith

Robin Williams as Tom Babadil and no one else hands down!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #52
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I know that bombadil is "off the wall" but I don't see that he's the same way that Robin Williams would play him...I struggle seeing him as good ole Tom
Old 05-13-2005, 02:46 PM   #53
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Me too, Williams is clown-ish funny. Tom is eccentric-but-I-am-really-smarter-and-know-more-than-I'm-telling-you funny.