The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Sting RotK: Movie sequence of events *SPOILER ALERT*

I've put together rumors, stories, facts, pictures, preview footage, etc. to put together this composite "screen play" if you will for what happens in Return of the King. If you do not want spoilers, don't read this. It's not 100% guaranteed all true, but it's pretty doggone close. Here goes:<BR>--------------<BR>RotK Sequence:<P>Beginning credits. Do we start with Aragorn and the rest, or Sam and Frodo? I’m taking a guess it will be Sam and Frodo, but it’s anybody’s guess. Very near the beginning, Gandalf, Aragorn, Théoden, Legolas, Gimli and some guards will ride to Isengard. Death of Saruman and Wormtongue. Since the rumor is that Wormtongue kills Saruman, and Legolas kills Wormtongue (it’s 99% certain that’s how it happens), I’m assuming that Saruman is thrust over the edge of Orthanc, impaled on a spike of the tower, and perhaps holding the Palantír in his hand, drops it upon his death. Somehow, the people at the bottom of the tower get the Palantír. <P>The two hobbits leave Isengard and journey with Théoden and the rest back to Rohan. Sometime during this Aragorn must have a discussion with Gandalf, the conversation that opened the preview: “Every day Frodo moves closer to Mordor.” Sometime during the night, Pippin takes the Palantír from Gandalf and looks in it. This makes Sauron believe Pippin has the Ring. Gandalf decides to take Pippin to Minas Tirith. Before going, he gives the speech to Aragorn about “the board is set, pieces are moving”, and surrenders the Seeing Stone to Aragorn, and Aragorn tells him “He has gone unchallenged long enough.” This must be where the exchange between Pippin and Merry takes place, where Merry tells Pippin “Don’t you know? The enemy thinks YOU have the Ring.” And of course, when Gandalf and Pippin go to Gondor, Merry tells him “We shall see the Shire again.”<P>Gandalf rides to the White City. Here it gets a little fuzzy. Aragorn must go with the King and the troops somewhere. Perhaps this is the ride to Gondor? Perhaps the encampment is on the way back to Rohan from Isengard? Meantime back in Rivendell, the sword of Elendil is being reforged. Not by Arwen, and not by Figwit, whoever that is. Just regular Elven smiths. Elrond and probably Arwen ride to the encampment of the Rohirrim. So the question is, when does Aragorn receive the sword? On the way back to Rohan? On the way somewhere else? Probably on the way back to Rohan is my guess. Aragorn begins to accept his destiny a little more, which probably gave him the confidence boost to challenge Sauron in the Seeing-stone. Aragorn sees the ships headed for Gondor, so he and his friends (only Legolas and Gimli?) take a different path through the Paths of the Dead. Rumor has it that Aragorn must do battle with the King of the Dead. POSSIBLY this is where Legolas says “He is here.” But I don’t think so, since he was just referring to the Eye of Sauron a minute earlier. My guess for that line would be the Witchking.<P>Gandalf arrives in Minas Tirith. They meet Denethor. (Yay we get to see him...boo for the jerk that he is) Gandalf and Pippin retire to their room, where Pippin asks in that adorable accent of his: “Is there any hope, Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam?” Later on, he becomes the Knight of the White Tower, and serves as one of Denethor’s personal servants. Faramir returns from his battle at Osgiliath and informs Denethor that it is overrun. Denethor sends Faramir on a suicide mission to drive the orcs out. This is the rumored place where Pippin is asked to sing his song, and this song is sung while Denethor callously watches his son ride to his death. The soldiers of Faramir actually succeed in driving the orcs away, perhaps, or fail and attempt to retreat back to the White City. This is where the Nazgûl show up, and that spectacular shot of the Fell Beast swooping down to scatter the riders. Faramir is injured, and the White Riders charges out onto the field to challenge the Nazgûl in a spectacular effort. In one shot of the preview, a very quick one, there is a shot of the Nazgûl circling the riders, but there is a white light piercing the darkness. The survivors, including Faramir, are born back to the city. Ere long, the siege of Gondor builds up. The long, but long-expected battle begins. The Riders of Rohan show up, which is where the shot of the Rohirrim plowing through the ranks of orcs. (The one where, in the preview, is show under Aragorn’s “we can give Frodo a chance” speech) Pyre of Denethor scene takes place simultaneous with Éowyn and Merry’s battle against the Witchking. Aragorn with the Army of the Dead show up to save the day on the Pelennor Fields? This doesn’t make much sense, since the ToyBiz action figure “Pelennor Fields Battle Armor Aragorn” has the cool Gondorian armor. However, I do not think Aragorn acquires these awesome duds until after the end of the siege of Gondor. I surmise this because the picture of Aragorn healing both Faramir and Éowyn has Aragorn still in his Ranger clothes, and because Aragorn would not have had chance to put on that armor until after entering the White City. <P>Éowyn, Merry, and Faramir are all healed by Aragorn. In the council taken by Gandalf, Éomer, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and whoever else that is present in the white room, Éomer says they cannot hope to achieve victory through strength of arms. Aragorn (note: still in his Ranger suit!) says no, but they can hope to give Frodo a chance. (I’m also quite sure that this is after the Pelennor Fields victory...Gimli is shown in the background, slumped in the Steward’s Chair — something Denethor would NEVER have allowed if he were still living) This must be the resolve to ride in open arms against the Black Gate. THIS must be where Aragorn gets his armor, because in the DVD preview, it shows a lot of riders pouring forth from Gondor in an orderly fashion, Aragorn in the lead, wearing his new clothes and armor, and looking thoughtful. I think this must be the shot where Legolas and Gimli are riding, and thinking of Gandalf when he said “All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”<P>Sometime here after, the band of warrior setting out from Gondor waylay a band of orcs because the camera angle showing Aragorn looking thoughtful is seen a second later with him yelling a battle cry and charging. <P>As for Aragorn’s battle speech, this is a matter of debate among the good people at Barrow-Downs. I have surmised through careful study (stop that laughing) that the voice is most definitely Aragorn’s. However, the first image of troops shows a smoking Gondor and a band of Rohirrim preparing to charge; this is indeed the shot of the Muster of Rohan, but the overlying speech is Aragorn’s. This speech, however, is actually the one that Aragorn delivers to his troops that are prepared to do battle at the Black Gate. I’m not sure why he gave this speech; their situation was much more dire than that speech made it seem. Also, in the books, the army wasn’t mounted, for the most part. But I can conclude nothing else based on what can be seen in front of Aragorn when he swivels around on Brego with his sword in the air. <P>Word has it pretty much confirmed that Aragorn will be doing battle with the Mouth of Sauron, and the Mouth will almost have killed Aragorn but for what Frodo accomplishes. The Mouth will indeed come out and talk with our heroes; Ian McKellen’s website reports that the Mouth of Sauron throws down the Mithril coat.<P>Back to Frodo and Sam, but there’s really not much at all to put together. They are led by Gollum to Cirinth Ungol. I’m unclear as to exactly when, but while being guided past Minas Morgul, that strange light that rockets out and up heralds the Witchking’s departure with a huge army to attack Minas Tirith. Frodo’s neck is scarred and cut by the weight of the Ring. This, of course, is where Frodo is climbing high above Minas Morgul and Gollum says “Come master!...Come to Smeagol...”<P>Sméagol and Gollum appear to be united in an effort for the Precious. Frodo does not see what Sam sees; Gollum is leading them in to a trap. The hobbits fight with Shelob, and Gollum somehow escapes. Orcs capture Frodo after he is attacked by Shelob. Sam’s bitter parting with Frodo, who he thinks is dead, is an amazing performance on Sean Astin’s part. <P>Sam follows orcs that capture Frodo, and it appears that, contrary to the book, there are several orcs that Sam winds up fighting himself. There is one shot which I think I can safely identify; during Gandalf’s speech from the preview about Sauron being either exalted greatly in victory or downtrodden utterly in defeat, there is a spectacular shot of someone running up stairs to a tower. I’m pretty sure this is Sam, rushing to Frodo’s aid. Frodo’s Mithril coat is taken, as well as his clothes, but Sam kept Sting and the Phial, as well as the Ring after Frodo was stung. They dress up in Orc armor, and try to slip past the enemy lines to Mt. Doom. Of course we still don’t know if they will be made to march with other armies of orcs or not, but eventually the hobbits come to Mt. Doom. When the reach the pinnacle, Sauron’s road to the mountain’s interior, and the cracks of doom, the doorway looks similar to Sauron’s helmet from the prologue. Frodo and Sam grapple, Sam shouts “NOO!” when Frodo puts on the Ring. Gollum gets Ring, falls into Cracks, is destroyed.<P>We know Gandalf WILL fly on Gawihir to rescue Frodo and Sam, by the way. After that...it’s anybody’s guess as to how they handle the world post-Ring destruction. Understandably, it’s been kept tight-lipped.<P>That's it! Do you guys think it's pretty good? Did I miss anything? What did you think?<p>[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: Knight of Gondor ]
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 10:43 PM   #2
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

Hannon le, mellon nin!! That was very nice!!<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>They meet Denethor. (Yay we get to see him...boo for the jerk that he is)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>You might want to be careful, and not let Meela hear you say that about him being a jerk(although I quite agree with you)!! She might get violent... <BR>I can't wait!! Ah! December 17!! I'll will have to keep myself really busy until then, so the wait won't be quite so bad!<BR>Arwen
Old 11-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #3
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It looks great to me. Just a few things:<BR>I think (just an opinion) that the "Aragorn Speech" is before he heals Eowyn, Merry & Faramir because in the preview we see E & M in armor when the speech happens. Just a thought.<BR>As for what you forgot, you appearently don't find the A&A wedding or the Grey Havens important. But to each his own. Plus the fact, we don't know much about those parts.<BR>Oh yeah, what about Gollum's "once it takes you, it never..lets..go" speech? Where would you think it fits? I'm guessing soon after the begining if Sam & Gollum's pax deal is at the end of EV TTT, but I'm not sure.<BR>And where is the 'Galadriel reaching for Frodo' thing in the preview? A vision, maybe? If it's after Mt. Doom, Frodo would have needed to have his clothes the whole time. Or, oh no, it's not Arwen to save him from Mt. Doom, it's GALADRIEL!! Her gardening must of influenced Mordor, as it's now green. <BR>Other than that, (other than that LONG list ) I think you're right on. Thanks for showing us this. <BR>See you later!<BR>~M
Old 11-01-2003, 07:11 AM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*breathes fire and begins pelting the Downs with large pebbles*
Old 11-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #5
Aradan

Sting

That's some nice stuff you got there knight.I als o want to say, I know how they got the idea of saruman falling down and stabed by a wooden stake.He was the acter for dracula in the old vampire movies and you know vampires die by being stabbed by wooden stakes.And just for you to know my bro told me all this.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Couple of things to add.<P>The film will almost certainly begin with some sort of prologue to thrust the audience back into the story after a year absense. It will then cut to Frodo and Sam. The best theory I've heard is opening arials of the Anduin which lead to the scene between Smeagol and Deagol. It will be a little puzzling at first (which is good, it draws in the viewer) but with some name exchanges and then Deagol finding the Ring (with the exact same shot used in the prologue of Fellowship) most folks will quickly realize what they are looking at. This provides an easy connector to Gollum leading Frodo and Sam through Osgiliath.<P>Aragorn, Gandalf, Theoden and company will all go to Edoras before they begin to split company. It seems most logical that Elrond will meet them on route and present the sword.<P>Aragorn does not look into the palantir until after the Battle of Pelenor Fields. "He has been left unchallenged long enough", is said at Minas Tirith, I think.<P>H.C.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The film will almost certainly begin with some sort of prologue to thrust the audience back into the story after a year absense.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Really, you think they will have a prologue? I thought that since they made such a big deal about TTT not having a prologue at the beginning (though they did kind of have one in the middle), that there would not be any chance that they would have a prologue in ROTK. I only though that we would have one at the end, to tell what happened to the rest of the charaters.<P>Another thing... What about that scene of Sam holding Frodo on what looks like the side of a rocky hill. Since Frodo is still wearing own clothing it must be before Shelob, but then it looks like it isn't before Shelob. Does anyone have any idea about where this scene is in the story?
Old 11-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Really, you think they will have a prologue? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If you read my description of what I think will be the opening sequence, you will see me idea of a prologue is more liberal than yours.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Since Frodo is still wearing own clothing it must be before Shelob, but then it looks like it isn't before Shelob.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They could easily be wearing there own cloths under the orc armour. They dump the orc armour in a pit after they leave the road and head across the plane to Mount Doom.<P>H.C.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #9
Elizabeth Elindel
Pile O'Bones

Elizabeth Elindel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I personally have heard (and think that this is what will happen) that the RotK will open with Isildor's sword being refoged. Then, Arwen is supposed to bring it to him. Well... I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Dec 17!!! Whoo!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I used to think that too, but the problem is connecting it to Frodo. After a prologue, PJ has always cut straight to Frodo in the theatrical versions. This isn't a coincidence. The films end with Frodo as well. With so much going on, Jackson uses Frodo as the anchor. He is the central character and reminds us that the central plot is the destruction of the Ring. Starting with anyone else is distracting.<P>H.C.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #11
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Okay, in case there was any doubt out there as to whether I had a life, today I sat down and tried coming up with chapter titles for the King DVD (man, am I ahead of myself). It gets across though how I think the events will unfold. Obviously the chapter titles are made up, though I did borrow heavily from the chapters in the book. <P> Return of the King Chapters<P>1. Sméagol and Déagol <BR>2. Journey to the Crossroads<BR>3. Minas Morgul<BR>4. The Road to Isengard (no Huorns or promises between Legolas and Gimli. Just a re-establishment of plot and characters)<BR>5. Flotsam and Jetsam (Really this chapter was in Towers, but I suspect it will be borrowed for this reunion and the build-up to confronting Saruman.)<BR>6. The Sword Reforged (Arwen returns to take the reforged sword to Aragorn and confronts an angry Elrond. Flashback scenes of the sword being reforged.)<BR>7. The Stairs of Cirith Ungol<BR>8. The Fall of Osgiliath<BR>9. The Voice of Saruman (Of course, Saruman dies here.)<BR>10. Gollum’s Deception (Pool scene and the subsequent argument between Frodo and Sam.)<BR>11. The Long Tunnel (Ends when they’ve realized Gollum’s deserted them but they have no choice but to go on. Lotsa cobwebs.)<BR>12. Andúril (Elrond’s delivery of Andúril to Aragorn on the road to Edoras.)<BR>13. The Passing of the Grey Company (Aragorn’s decision to depart after arriving at Edoras. Farewell scenes.)<BR>14. The Palantír (Pippin’s stealing of the Palantír.)<BR>15. “We Shall See The Shire Again” (Realization of Sauron mistaking Pippin for the Ringbearer and he and Gandalf’s departure for Minas Tirith.)<BR>16. Shelob’s Lair <BR>17. The Paths of the Dead<BR>18. The Choices of Master Samwise<BR>19. Hope and Memory (Galadriel visits Frodo in a dream while he is poisoned.)<BR>20. The Muster of Rohan<BR>21. Minas Tirith<BR>22. The Steward of Gondor<BR>23. Sam and The Ring (Sam uses the Ring and experiences its power to deceive first hand.)<BR>24. The Siege of Gondor (Faramir is rescued and comes to Minas Tirith. The Battle of Pelennor Fields begins.)<BR>25. Pelargir (Aragorn and the Dead engage the Corsairs at Pelargir.)<BR>26. The Madness of Denethor (Denethor grieves over Faramir and feels all hope of victory is gone.)<BR>27. Passing the Watchers (Sam uses the Vial of Galadriel to pass the Watchers before Cirith Ungol.)<BR>28. The Battle of Pelenor Fields<BR>29. The Bearing of Faramir (Faramir is brought to the Tombs and Pippin rushes off to find Gandalf.)<BR>30. The Tower of Cirith Ungol (Sam’s journey up the tower to his encounter with Gorbag.)<BR>31. Breach at the Gates (Gandalf’s standoff with the Witch King.)<BR>32. The Ride of the Rohirrim <BR>33. The Pyre of Denethor<BR>34. The Witch King (Wounding of Théoden and the slaying of the Witch King.)<BR>35. The Grief of King Éomer (Éomer pronounced king. Théoden dies. Éomer discovers Éowyn and charges into battle.)<BR>36. The Return of the King (Aragorn arrives with the Dead in tow and the battle turns.)<BR>37. Escape from the Tower (Sam finds Frodo. The Two put on orc armour and escape the tower, eluding orcs and a Nazgûl.)<BR>38. Discovery on the Fields (Gandalf’s discovery that Éowyn is still alive and Pippin’s discovery of Merry.)<BR>39. An Oath Fulfilled (The battle is won and Aragorn releases the Dead from their oath.)<BR>40. Hopeless Journey (Scene between Sam and Frodo as they realize they will not be returning from this journey.)<BR>41. The Houses of Healing (Healing of Faramir, Éowyn and Merry.)<BR>42. The Last Debate (Council on how to proceed.)<BR>43. Challenge to Sauron (Aragorn uses the palantír of Orthanc to challenge Sauron.)<BR>44. The Host of the West (The Host of the West depart Minas Tirith.)<BR>45. The Land of Shadow (Sam and Frodo have their encounter with Gollum. They are discovered by orcs and thought to be orc soldiers taking a break.)<BR>46. Debate at Lothlórien (Elrond accepts that Arwen will fade without Aragorn and he accepts their love.)<BR>47. The Gates of Udûn (Sam and Frodo escape the orcs when there is a skirmish between two rival factions.)<BR>48. The Healing of Éowyn (Scene between Faramir and Éowyn.)<BR>49. The Planes of Gorgoroth (Sam and Frodo leave the road and dump their armour and packs down a fissure.)<BR>50. The Black Gate Opens (Encounter with the Mouth of Sauron.)<BR>51. Mount Doom<BR>52. Mordor Unleashed (The Hosts of Mordor pour forth.)<BR>53. The Cracks of Doom<BR>54. The Fields of Carmallen<BR>55. The Steward and the King (Very much shortened. Coronation and wedding of Aragorn and Arwen.)<BR>56. Many Partings (Arwen’s scene with Frodo. Last journey of the Fellowship.)<BR>57. Homeward Bound (Final scene with Gandalf.)<BR>58. Return to the Shire (The Hobbits slowly trying to adjust to a post war life. Frodo is not succeeding in this. His wounds are too deep.)<BR>59. A Final Journey (Frodo informs Sam, Merry and Pippin of a final journey he wants to make.)<BR>60. The Grey Havens<BR>61. Credits<P>H.C.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #12
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

HC, pen-neth, you really have no life! <P>I think that is a truly remarkable list of events. Now if it happens exactly like that, I'm going to be very frightened, mind you.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #13
Everard Took

Sting

I love LOTR but how do you people find this stuff?
Old 11-02-2003, 04:58 PM   #14
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Don't ask. Just don't ask. <P>These things....just.... happen. That's all there is to it.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #15
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I love LOTR but how do you people find this stuff? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Just to make sure this is perfectly clear.<P><B>I made up the chapter titles.</B><P>H.C.<p>[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: HCIsland ]
Old 11-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #16
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

<B>Oh my Ra! Pippin Sings!</B><P> I can't beleive it's not Sam! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> TALAMASCA<BR> We watch and we are always there<BR> Amsterdam-Paris-Rome
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:43 PM   #17
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> You might want to be careful, and not let Meela hear you say that about him being a jerk(although I quite agree with you)!! She might get violent... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Meela’s devotion to Denethor is too heavy if she doesn’t realize what a jerk he was. Just remember, Meela, when you want to express your anger at me for that statement, that I’m a KNIGHT! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think (just an opinion) that the "Aragorn Speech" is before he heals Eowyn, Merry & Faramir because in the preview we see E & M in armor when the speech happens. Just a thought.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nope, I’m pretty sure it isn’t. For one thing, Aragorn was in his Ranger clothes in one picture of him healing Faramir. (Which, by the way, looks like a very intense moment) For another, those army shots, were, I believe, a mix of two scenes. The very beginning shot of the speech has a soldier with a Rohan helmet on riding in front of the ranks, with Gondor under siege in the background. This would be the army that Éowyn and Merry are in. The shot with Aragorn rallying HIS troops can’t really be anywhere else but in front of the Black Gate, though in that moment, it didn’t seem as if they had as much hope as Aragorn was conveying. But I already mentioned about the Gondorian armor that Aragorn was wearing; he didn’t get that until he went with his army to the Black Gate.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Just a thought.<BR>As for what you forgot, you appearently don't find the A&A wedding or the Grey Havens important. But to each his own. Plus the fact, we don't know much about those parts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, I think it’s very important. I was just summing up the movie based on everything I know about it. Like I said at the end, there’s not much I can say will be after the Ring’s unmaking, because New Line has managed to keep everything tightly out of the public, as far as images, spies and such. (With the possible exception of that one picture of the four hobbits surveying...something)<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Oh yeah, what about Gollum's "once it takes you, it never..lets..go" speech? Where would you think it fits? I'm guessing soon after the begining if Sam & Gollum's pax deal is at the end of EV TTT, but I'm not sure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If you look at the background for that shot, I’m reasonably sure that is from the Dead Marshes. If you’re like me, it’s a little easy to mix memory of the Extended Edition preview from the TTT DVD with the RotK preview, but I am quite sure that Gollum’s little quote there was from the TTT EE. I think in the extended cut, they will also stop in the Dead Marshes to eat. I forget if it was on TV, or on the DVD, but during one behind-the-scene shot, Andy Serkis was doing the voice of Gollum saying he couldn’t eat hobbit food, but he was famished, yes, famished. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> And where is the 'Galadriel reaching for Frodo' thing in the preview? A vision, maybe? If it's after Mt. Doom, Frodo would have needed to have his clothes the whole time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, this is some sort of dream or vision that Frodo has. If you notice, there is web stuck to his cloak when he looks up at Galadriel’s hand. It seems a little stereotypical, but it might be after Frodo receives his wound from Shelob that he has that little dream, and you know, Galadriel comes to him in his dream and says “Your time isn’t yet come, Frodo. Tolo Ngalad” or something like that.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *breathes fire and begins pelting the Downs with large pebbles*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*Draws sword* Your quarrel is not with the Downs, Meela, ‘tis with me! Draw nigh to seek your vengeance, if you dare!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I know how they got the idea of saruman falling down and stabed by a wooden stake.He was the acter for dracula in the old vampire movies and you know vampires die by being stabbed by wooden stakes.And just for you to know my bro told me all this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, I heard that too. You can see a picture of the tower, complete with one of the spikes, on my Support Group for TTT EE thread. And it wouldn’t be a wooden stake; it would be made out of *whatever* Orthanc is made out of.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The film will almost certainly begin with some sort of prologue to thrust the audience back into the story after a year absense. It will then cut to Frodo and Sam. The best theory I've heard is opening arials of the Anduin which lead to the scene between Smeagol and Deagol. It will be a little puzzling at first (which is good, it draws in the viewer) but with some name exchanges and then Deagol finding the Ring (with the exact same shot used in the prologue of Fellowship) most folks will quickly realize what they are looking at. This provides an easy connector to Gollum leading Frodo and Sam through Osgiliath.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It makes sense for them to have some sort of prologue, although they can’t possibly outdo the amazing opener for TTT. But I doubt the Smeagol/Deagol story line will be that. The TTT Photo Guide had a picture of Smeagol and Deagol, so I think this will be in the TTT EE. The best place for this story line, I think we can agree, would be when Frodo calls Gollum by his real name. The recollection in Gollum’s eyes is apparent before the Nazgûl showed up.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn, Gandalf, Theoden and company will all go to Edoras before they begin to split company. It seems most logical that Elrond will meet them on route and present the sword.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly what I said.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Aragorn does not look into the palantir until after the Battle of Pelenor Fields. "He has been left unchallenged long enough", is said at Minas Tirith, I think.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I disagree with that too, and here’s why. First, Gandalf wouldn’t take the Palantír with him to Gondor. Since Pippin looked at it in Rohan, Gandalf would have surrendered it there, before going to Gondor. And it looks like Rohan architecture in the background as Aragorn says “He has gone unchallenged long enough” to Gandalf.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 11-03-2003, 06:48 AM   #18
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*rains pebbles upon Knight of Gondor*<P>As much as I adore and worship Denethor, I do actually think he can be a jerk as well But a jerk who is still the most wonderful man on Arda at the same time.<P>There's hope for me yet...
Old 11-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #19
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The TTT Photo Guide had a picture of Smeagol and Deagol, so I think this will be in the TTT EE. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Just on this one point, Serkis has stated a few times that the Smeagol/Deagol scene is in King.<P>As for the other points, you have your opinion and I have mine. It's cool. We just have to wait and see. <P>H.C.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:48 PM   #20
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

*Long pause* Uh...perhaps I should make a slight change that Saruman and Grima might not, after all, make the cut! Bad decision if you ask me, but I can understand it from a film maker's point of view.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #21
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1101/view/9538" TARGET=_blank>Fantasy World Magazine Preview</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> "We have this shot in Return of the King," Jackson continues. "You'll see Frodo, Sam and Gollum climbing up the stair in the forground, and, in the distance, about 30 miles away, Minas Tirith is sitting in front of the mountains and it's on fire. The flames are everywhere and the place is under siege. At that point in the story, Pippin and Gandalf are actually in Minas Tirith."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This is actually pretty close to the timeline set out in the book and is part of how Jackson is justifying moving Shelob into King. More importantly, it shows us a continuity link. I would assume the battle with Shelob will take place around the same time as events on Pelennor Fields. Man, there's going to be a lot going on at the same time.<P>H.C.