The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #441
Peralkarwen Aramacil

Sting

Well, I'm a new member yo. I just thought I'd let y'all know that. I love this site and I really like the chat room. Yup. Namarie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #442
Ari Made Me Come Here

Tolkien

umm...yeah. hi people. i'm new. thats all i have to say. i think my screen name speaks for itself. but anywho, this chat room thing actually is ok....ttyl.

it's all good.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:03 PM   #443
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome, Ari Made Me Come Here, Peralkarwen Aramacil. Enjoy your time at the downs. How does it feel to be "Newly Deceased"? Fun!

Ari Made Me Come Here, just a quick note about chat type talk. Chat abbreviations, such as "ttyl", should be avoided as some people don't know what they mean and it slows down reading when you have to sit there working it out. ^_- [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Check out the Green Dragon if you like role playing!

Elentari I, your Spyder Slaying friend.

[ November 19, 2003: Message edited by: ElentariGreenleaf ]
Old 11-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #444
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Elentari don't you remember what it's like to be just dead? Or was it so very long ago?

Hello everyone new...you all sound so, uh, enthusiastic...and a greeting to all of our greaters. The more the merrier!
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 11-19-2003, 06:21 PM   #445
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome welcome welcome!
Old 11-20-2003, 10:51 AM   #446
Lissuin

Silmaril

Hello!!! I am new around here, I am from Portugal, and I have benn a Tolkien reader and fan for almost 20 years!!! I am a menber of one portuguese forum where we have good fun and learn a lot about Tolkien, hope to do the same here!!!! I [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
See you!!!!!

Old 11-20-2003, 11:30 AM   #447
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Welcome all, you newbies!

Lissuin, you'll learn a lot about Tolkien at the Books -- the people who haunt that particular are are so smart that they blow my mind away!

Old 11-20-2003, 11:52 AM   #448
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Mattius!?! What happened to your dancing chicken?

Quote:
I have benn a Tolkien reader and fan for almost 20 years!!!
Wow, you're up there with the experience...welcome to our humble site.

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]

[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 11-20-2003, 03:03 PM   #449
Temril

Shield

Newly deceased? Sigh, yeah i had to leave before even starting because of RL reasons. Now that I have more itme to dedicate here and can play more - can I become undeceased again?

*pokes title*

Old 11-20-2003, 03:27 PM   #450
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Welcome Timril. Undeseased? Why would you want to be that now then? Much more fun being the undead here!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #451
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

*spooky voice* We are the undead! Dead, yet alive! Beware...beware. Doh! Except that you guys are all undead too. Hmm. Welcome to the Downs!

Old 11-20-2003, 07:04 PM   #452
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Welcome, everyone! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Enjoy being deceased! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 11-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #453
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

ha ha ha... Welcome one welcome all to Hot topic... oh I mean the Barrow Downs. Enjoy being dead. Have fun but please don't flame people and nochat speck and the faq is a very good thing to read.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 AM   #454
Earwen

Silmaril

Hello everybody! I'm a new member! I'm 15 years old and I'm from Italy. I love Tolkien and his books and I hope I'll enjoy myself in this fantastic site!
Namarie! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2003, 10:01 AM   #455
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Welcome Earwen! Oh no! Not another newly deseased that knows more elvish than me! I don't even no one word! Hey, if anyone knows some random little elvish phrases like "Hello" etc, PM ME PLEASE!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 09:17 AM   #456
Eöl
Animated Skeleton

Eöl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hey, i'm the dark one and i'm new here, i'll see you around [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2003, 03:16 PM   #457
E-Niphredil

Sting

I'm not exactly new, but I couldnt get into my old account. I was eleanor_niphredil, just in case anyone still remembers me after my looooooong absence. I would very much apreciate it is a mod could manange to hack into my old account for me, as I dearly miss it :: sniff ::. I was a Ghost Prince of Cardolan to [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

But anyways...I'm back! Even if it is under a new name.

[ November 23, 2003: Message edited by: E-Niphredil ]

Old 11-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #458
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

oooh the record needs changing.... Ha Well welcome you guys. I will reapeat what I have said so many times before wich is to read the faq, this will help you in your journys through the Barrow Downs. Also, you should read some of what has been posted in the previous pagegs of thi sthread there is some good advice for newly deceased. And if you need any help at all don't feel afraid to a mod( no matter how scary they may seem), also feel free to PM me if you want but I don't guarenty answers. But anyway Namarie.

Annalaliath

PS I have the flu forgive my spelling and lack of attention to detail.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:42 AM   #459
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hmmm...a piece of advice for you people. Typos are exploited to the fullest here, so watch it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] (Then again, you're dead, so what do you care? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:10 PM   #460
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I was eleanor_niphredil, just in case anyone still remembers me after my looooooong absence.
I remember you! Didn't you tell anyone who was turning into a penguin to please stop it? Brain large as a planet? Welcome back! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And welcome to Lissuin , Temril, Earwen and Eol (sorry, I'm too lazy to look up alt codes!) and all who have passed through the gates of death to emerge on the Barrow Downs!

And Kates Frodo Temp, whet do yu meen taikin avantadge uv tiping misstakes? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (But truly, if I had the flu, I'd be less inclined to worry where my r's and p's and q's went on a page...)

Welcome to all, and I have to second Annalaliath exhortation to feel free to PM a mod (in moderation, of course!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] if necessary. I'd hold it til the last need though, 'cause they get awfully busy! That didn't stop me from PM'ing the Barrow-Wight once...and I got the answer I needed too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Old 11-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #461
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
And yes sometimes we peve each other off, but ,most of us understand that we are not all the same. I have seen a few people chastised for insulting others, (either that or bad spelling);those insults were degrading. One that I saw was saying how stupid a particular thread was, and was not to kind to the poster..... that was not cool.

The best advise I can give is to look at an argument from all sides, and not flame people. And whaterver you do do not change yourself(just because you hate Harry Potter) or you veiws just because you think someone got hurt over it.

Some of the Mods are great, others I don't agree with, but I like to treat them with the same way as my instructors. I give them what they want. So if you stay on topic, don't insult people and say intelagent things you will do fine.

Oh yes and if you can't spell, like me, start to use word, word perfect, or any other program with a spell checker. This works for most of the time , but not always.

About the scary Mods....

Quote:
Just treat them like your instructors at school, and give em what they want.... Have I posted this before? Welcome, and enjoy being dead. And when in the green dragon, poi and the rest of the mods are not trying to peve you off, so just accept it. As a matter of fact, poi and the other mods in the shire are the best that I know..... They do a good job. But back to the subject, welcome one and all to the deadness of the Barrowdowns
Quote:
Estelyn Telcontar
Ghosted Princess

Welcome to the Downs! That frequently asked question is answered, among others, on the Forum FAQ thread, at the top of this forum's main page. For more information, you can also read the Forum Policies thread. Hope you enjoy yourself here!

This is for all the RPGer's. Please go here.

Now there is an abundance of advice in this thread and also in the Novices and Newcomers part one too. SO don't think not to read them just because they are old and are to welcome Newly deads.

Welcome, Newly Deads. Have fun Haunting the Downs.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:26 PM   #462
Umwë
Animated Skeleton

Umwë has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Umwë
Pipe Hiya :D

Im not actually new here neither, had an old account quite long time ago, and now I've returned. I missed it a lot . See me in the Green Dragon, my character is Tom Cotton!
Old 07-12-2004, 06:35 AM   #463
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Oops - this old thread must have reopened when the forum moved. I'm closing it for now and will merge it with the other thread(s) soon.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Closed Thread