The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien LOTR and music !

Well, yes I know, this might be a strange topic...and frankly I wasn't sure in which thread I should post it, since it's not only about the films...
Anyway...here is my question...

When you see the LOTR movies do you like listening to music other than the movie music?
Do you think of any songs you know other than the movie songs that would fit a specific scene?

I always like watching the Charge of the Rohirrim with Bittersweet Symphony from The Verve.

Tell me your ideas, I'm curious.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Amras Oronar

Amras Oronar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Amras Oronar
I do like the muisc in movies, to be honest it's about the only movie I really like the music from, ah well.

Do you know Christopher Lee (guy who playes Saruman) participates in a album of the metal band Rhapsody? Rhapsody has a strange kind of music...they themselves call it Hollywood metal, I would describe them (for the more learned about metal amongst us) as a mixture between power, epic, symphinic, speed metal

He also Is in a video from that band, I wil be able to write more about this, but not now, I am to be to busy

Edit after I stopt being busy:
About Rhapsody, I al ready discribed there genre. There lyrics are fantasy based, and they have spend quit some time making it all up, it's mainly about the music but the stories are quite good. When you buy a album of them, you get this thing with the lyrics and between the lyrics, it also tells you stuff about the story and a map. I believe they just starded a new story again and that was a project together with Christopher Lee.

Well to give you a better idea of Rhapsody and their cooperation with Christopher Lee, here is are the URL's to their 2 magnificent video's together with Christopher Lee:

- http://youtube.com/watch?v=fzJZpEownLY
This song is called 'Magic of the Wizards Dream' it's more a less a ballad and Christopher Lee also sings a bit in this song

- http://youtube.com/watch?v=hGEz2T0hDKQ
This song is called 'Unholy Warcry' it is a much harder and more epic song, the story telling in the beginning and in the middle are done by Christopher Lee. 'A new Saga Begins' in the beginning of this refers to a new story that starts with the album that this song is released on. It takes 10 minuts because it is some crazy full lenght epic version or something, feel free too skip a bit of the intro, it is a few minuts of story telling, which isn't very intresting if you don't follow the story I suppose.

Now the connection between all this and LOTR and music, except Christopher Lee; I always thought this band would be excellent to make music for the Lotr movies Speccialy with the song (for any other Rhapsody Lovers) 'Never Forgotten Heroes'

*A small not on their name, I believe they changed it on their last album to 'Rhapsody of Fire'

Last edited by Amras Oronar; 01-07-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Amras Oronar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
shieldmaiden4xsword
Wight

Location: where people stick out their tongues at their youth pastor....
shieldmaiden4xsword has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to shieldmaiden4xsword Send a message via Yahoo to shieldmaiden4xsword
Christopher Lee? the guy that played Saruman?
shieldmaiden4xsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
Amras Oronar

Amras Oronar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Amras Oronar
Aye sorry my post was so imcomplete I eddited it to a worthy status now
Amras Oronar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I guess Gandalf was right about the Voice of Saruman

nice song, I like it, and Lee can definitely sing

though in the video he looked more like Count Dooku