The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #361
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Swayed by Gurthang's words, I shall vote for

++The Guy Who Be Short
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:59 PM   #362
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Kuru, if I die toNight, look at Amana's second to last post. That longer one.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #363
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
As the day drew to a close, the ballots were being counted. The Guy Who Be Short, who had been among Naria’s greatest opponents before Cailín had made clear that she was not a Hunter, seemed to have drawn the short straw of the day.

“I’m telling you,” he insisted, as they began to encircle him, and prevent his escape, “this is pointless! I may be misguided, but I’m innocent.”

Seeing the villagers massed around, The Guy Who Be Short took a long, deep breath, clearly sizing up his odds- odds which no sane man would have bothered attempting. But desperation seized him, and The Guy Who Be Short knocked over Farael, and tried to make a run for it.

As with Garin’s attempted escape, the entire village chased after him, and the speedier ones among them were soon catching up. Only one villager didn’t give chase. Amanaduial coolly drew an arrow from her quiver, set it to her bowstring, raised her longbow, drew back on the string, and with a faint whistling, the arrow sprang forward, taking down The Guy Who Be Short in the back. He dropped like a lead weight to the ground.

“I can’t believe… you didn’t believe… me,” he gasped in his last moments.

“Can’t believe it?” said Meneltarmacil, “he certainly earned his death!”

“I agree,” said Alcarillo. “He’s as mad as a hatter.”

“He was a hatter,” said Azaelia, dryly.

“That’s why it was funny,” said Alcarillo.

“Well, he hasn’t changed a bit,” said Lhuna, “and I’m pretty sure he’s dead. I guess he’s just an INNOCENT VILLAGER.”

“He’s still an idiot,” said Gurthang.

“Let’s not speak ill of the dead,” said Naria. “At least we can give him a proper burial- and let’s get it done before sundown if we can…”

And so the villagers of Dol-in-Gaurhoth gathered up the body of the dead Guy Who Be Shot and buried him beneath the hanging tree in the village square. On a slat of wood, they wrote his epitaph. The top of the board, whereon was written his name, was lost, and so he is only known to history as “The Guy”.

“Here Lies The Mad Hatter.
May he rest in peace,
Troubled no more by Hare-y beasts.”

Day 4 is now over, Night 5 has begun. Posting should be over.

I will be needing names from the Seer, Ranger, and Werewolves.

Day 5 will begin and end at the normal times.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~

Last edited by Formendacil; 01-16-2006 at 04:15 PM. Reason: I just gotta tell my stories, man...
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #364
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The fifth day after Formendacil’s death began with a red sun rising over the village.

“Red at night, sailor’s delight; red in the morning, sailors take warning,” murmured Alcarillo.

“What do sailors have to do with us?” asked Farael. “We’re way too far inland.”

“Just a rhyme I picked up in Pelargir,” said Alcarillo. “Anyway, it strikes me as a bad omen. I imagine that somebody died last night.”

“And somebody will probably die today,” agreed Kuruharan, coming up behind them.

The village square was slowly starting to gather the remaining villagers. One by one they trickled in from their respective homes, until finally the last-rising Lhunardawen arrived.

“Did you have another vision?” Meneltarmacil wanted to know immediately.

“Yes, hold on,” said Lhuna. “Is everybody here?”

They took their morning headcount. Someone was missing. Gurthang, usually an early riser, being a rancher, had not risen.

As one, they made their way to the small house where Gurthang lived when pasturing his cattle near the town. “Better than life on the range,” he had said.

Bravely, Amanaduial pushed the door ajar, and then stopped, horrified, at the gory scene that met her eyes. The others pushed in behind her.

What they saw was not for the faint of heart. Gurthang’s home was covered in sticky, drying blood. Guts had sprayed the walls, and shreds of flesh were scattered over the furniture and across the floor. What was left of his body lay crumpled in the middle of the floor.

“He put up a fight at first,” said Malkatoj. “Look at all the wolf hair scattered around!”

“Let’s not bury him, what’s say,” suggested Naria. “It’s a bit uncustomary, but I think a cremation would be more in order.”

“Before we grab our torches, let’s see what message they left us,” said Rune.

“Why bother?” asked Kuruharan. “It’ll just be more self-satisfied crowing about how stupid we are and unable to find them.”

“How would you know?” asked Meneltarmacil. “Are you a Werewolf?”

“Having a brain doesn’t make me a Werewolf!” retorted the Dwarf.

At this point, Naria had caught sight of the note, pinned to the wall, smeared with blood. She looked over it once, and then crumpled it up, and tossed it onto the floor.

“More of the same,” she said. “We may as well let it burn.”

Leaving the house, the Villagers set fire to Gurthang and his home, and returned to the village square to try and out his killers in yet another day of accusations and lies.

Night 4 is over, Day 4 is begun.

You may begin posting.

Those alive:

Meneltarmacil - Creepy Guy on the Edge of Town
Cailin - Noble Kleptomaniac
Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
Rune – Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Lhunardawen - Potion-Pizza Person
Amanaduial - Northman Travel Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Kuruharan - Dwarven Alcohol and Weapons Merchant
Malkatoj – Philosophy Professor

Those dead:

Formendacil - Moderator - Killed by Werewolves, Night 1
Gil-Galad - Shrubber - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 1
Kath - Gongfarmer - Cobbler - Killed by Werewolves, Night 2
Garin - Horse Loaner - Werewolf - Killed by Vilager, Day 2
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper - Ordo - Killed "Accidentally" by Werewolf, Day 2
NIGHT 3 - NO DEATH
Nilpaurion Felagund - Suspicious Carnivore - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 3
Valier - Brewmaster - Ordo - Killed by Werewolves, Night 4
TGWBS - Hat Maker - Ordo - Shot by the Village, Day 4
Gurthang - Rancher - Ordo- Killed by Werewolves, Night 5
Old 01-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #365
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Well, I'm afraid this hardly comes as a shock.

I don't have time at the moment for an in depth analysis.

However, I am very interested to see if Amanaduial has anything approaching coherent to say...

More when I return.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #366
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I had expected this. Poor Gurthang. Lhuna, what can you tell us? I fear it is not much...

I was rather suspicious of TGWBS the previous days, but ultimately got this nagging feeling he might be an innocent after all. I was not surprised, though very disappointed of course when it turned out he indeed was an Ordo.

I’m too sleepy to make much sense, so I shall just list names again.

Proven Innocents:

Alcarillo
Lhunardawen
Naria

Likely Innocent But Also Likely Not (and how ironic if among these are in fact our wolves):

Azaelia
Farael
Rune

Those Who Are Probably Going To Argue One Another To Death toDay:

Kuruharan
Meneltarmacil
Amanaduial
Malkatoj
Cailín
(I suppose I go into this category myself)

Among those who are left, there are still two other Gifteds!

I would ask any of our Gifteds, even though this might sound illogical, to reveal themselves IF and only IF they are likely going to be lynched toDay. And that is not when Amanaduial mentions you in one of her jumpy posts or when Malkatoj expresses one of her bad feelings, or if someone random votes for you, but if you are in real, actual danger. We cannot risk losing you and if your claim is fought, we have found ourselves a wolf!

I could agree with lynching anyone in the last category (excepting me of course, I am not yet as suicidal as some Ordos were) but possibly also in category two if someone comes up with an excellent theory (and then I am of course inclined to trust our three proven innocents more, though anyone could be wrong).

I will analyse tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything at all, though I must admit I feel as much at loss as yesterday. I was so convinced of Naria’s guilt, I shall have to come up with an entirely new theory.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #367
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
And that is not when Amanaduial mentions you in one of her jumpy posts or when Malkatoj expresses one of her bad feelings, or if someone random votes for you
...Or if someone randomly attacks you with general abandon in a sleepy post. Honestly, by all means suspect me, I can't control your minds, but please do not randomly insult me. Kuru too.

As for that remark, Kuruharan...*sigh* Am I honestly the only name you can think of as a suspect? Lhuna 'outed' Gurthang as a known innocent, along with Alcarillo: quite frankly, how likely was it that both of them were going to survive the night, no matter who the werewolf was? Yes, Gurthang indicated suspicion over me in several posts, and malkatoj was also mentioned - but not so conveniently for you, despite your chuminess yesterday, Gurthang indicated suspicion over you as well only yesterday. And after that you two just seemed to get closer and closer...nice attempt at washing your hands of any blame. I don't suppose you're as blameless as you'd like to make out.

And Cailin - Naria isn't actually proven to be innocent: we only have her word on her being a Hunter. I mean, yeah, very likely, but not completely without doubt.

I await Lhuna's news with interest from her dreams last Night - until then, however, I'm with Cailin: really should sleeeep...
Old 01-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #368
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Don't know who to vote for... and also probably won't post much for several hours due to mountains of work.

However, if we can narrow down the known innocents even further, we may be able to find the wolves through process of elimination.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #369
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Just checking in quickly, and to warn ahead of time to expect another early vote since I have work until about this time tomorrow as well, and school before that, etc...you know the drill.

The turn of events was not too unexpected last Night, since he had just been confirmed as innocent. So we learn pretty much nothing from that... Off to eat supper, then analyze some more...
Old 01-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #370
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I will be following this day very close, not because I am totaly lost, but because I am sick.

I will proberbly wait until Luhna have postet before I make up my mind about anything.

I still think we should consider Malkatoj, but lets see what happens.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #371
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Ack, sorry I missed yesterDay, I was eaten by college things and working to earn money to get to Europe. I've read over the posts from the Day, but not quite enough to form my suspicions completely (though Gurthang was high on my list...this complicates things).

I'll be reading over yesterDay's posts and paying very close attention to toDay's. Apologies again if I don't post much, but it's end-of-semester week in school so I have lots of work to do (don't teachers know that BD is more important?).
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #372
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

So... A list and A Vote...

Known Innocents
Alcarillo-Known
Naria-Hunter
Lhuna-Seer

Who I think is likely to be innocent
Azaelia- again, I can say I am innocent and I know it, but none of you will know for sure, so here I am.
Cailin-because she still hasn't done anything to make me suspicious
Rune-because, again, he seems reasonable, and hasn't done anything too crafty and clever and wolfish.

Suspicious
Kuruharan-Still. But slightly less so because TGWBS is not a wolf. The scariest thing about him yesterDay was his potential to lay waste to this entire town when paired with TGWBS. Now, I think he does feel defensive (But then again, we all are to some extent, and it's a natural part of this game), and this just doesn't feel right:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Final comment in my own defense that I’m ever going to make (since I’m tired of wasting time on this), I would ask everyone here to remember who here has voted for known wolves the most, me. If you think this is an elaborate plot on my part to get rid of fellow wolves so I can win on my own, then I can only laugh at you. (And will unceasingly if you hang me.)
I know how frustrating it is to defend yourself and have no one listen (see just about every other game of werewolf I've ever played), but that just isn't right. I voted for the one known wolf that we killed: Garin. As did the majority of people!
Amanaduial-Looking back over yesterDay, her posts are very confusing. Seeing all sides of an issue is important, I do agree, and I try to see everything both ways, but there's a line there between helping others to see the big picture, and just creating confusion
Farael-This is left over from yesterDay, really, and I have nothing to compare his behavior against toDay, so he gets away with no vote for me.

Who I just don't know about
Meneltarmacil
Malkatoj

So obviously, I am going to vote for someone on my list of suspicious people. But none of them has said anything toDay, except for something very, very brief from Kuru. And now I attempt to reason myself out of the corner that my schedule has put me in.
Of the three on my list, Kuru would be the most dangerous, were he a wolf. I think.
Aman could just be trying to be helpful and failing...Sometimes thinking aloud can have disasterous results (and don't I know that's true). And I wouldn't want to vote for her simply on that basis.
My main peeve with Farael is that he called for the revelation of the Seer yesterday...but that doesn't seem like a fair reason to me.

At this point, any vote I make will be unfair. It's so early on. And I hate being the first to vote. Especially when none of my suspects have posted yet. So this is a half-random vote. I'll pick the person that I think is most dangerous (yeah that went well yesterDay *sarcastic*), hope for the best, and ask forgiveness in the event that the seer should return in a couple hours time and say that my suspect is, in fact, innocent.

So here's my vote.

++Kuru

Apologies if you're innocent, Kuru...Must feel like you're wearing a Kick Me sign on your back. :-/ (Perhaps you should be flattered that someone thinks you're dangerous? No, that didn't come out quite right)
Old 01-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #373
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Now, now, let's not be hasty

I'm currently working on an in depth analysis of Amanaduial's posting as well as a voting record for all the survivors. I think it will be rather illuminating. I hope we don't have anymore hasty voting before I can finish...
Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 PM   #374
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
I'm going to bed now, just to warn you, so you won't hear from me for the rest of the day. I don't think I'll vote today; it's just too early and I'm not sure about anything.

Good luck!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:10 AM   #375
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Well, I had expected this. Poor Gurthang. Lhuna, what can you tell us? I fear it is not much...
Yes, it is not much, but I think it's good enough. I'll tell you all in a sec.

And I do agree about Gurthang. I feel so guilty for having (directly or not) caused his death. Especially at a time like this, he would have been a very great help to us...which could explain why he was killed last Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaduial the Archer
And Cailin - Naria isn't actually proven to be innocent: we only have her word on her being a Hunter. I mean, yeah, very likely, but not completely without doubt.
Aman, this could have something to do with your being a first-timer, but usually when someone claims to be the Hunter, that person is the real deal. Nobody in his/her sane mind will do something like that if not true. Besides, if Naria is really NOT the Hunter, the real one will come out so we could commence with lynching Naria.

But that brings to my mind this unlikely possibility: You are the real Hunter. When I mentioned yesterDay that I've been picking up Hunter hints from someone, it was you that I had in mind. And with your continual opposition of Naria's claim, I'm beginning to think more that you might really be the Hunter. That, or you're a bold wolf. Less likely, a misled or very suspicious ordo.

If my former assumption is right, please come out and say so. It confuses all of us, your hinting (so it seems) that Naria is lying. We're already confused enough looking for the wolves.

Anyways, I'm just wondering who the Ranger could have protected last Night. While I hope it wasn't me, so could go on living two more Days, tops...I think I'll be more helpful dead than alive. Think about it. Unless we lynch a wolf, I won't be getting anything certain - even if I ask the more insightful dead innocents. However, when I am killed and the Apprentice replaces me, they will get the chance to ask dear Formendacil again, as well as Garin. That's two certain dreams automatically.

The risk here, however, is if the wolves get to the Ranger and/or the Apprentice first. And right now, that's a risk we can't take. Not at all.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #376
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots *ka-thump*

Amanaduial’s Posting History

DAY ONE

Post 60 – Basic stupid DAY ONE post

Post 102 – Basically another stupid DAY ONE post – votes for me

DAY TWO

Post 169 – Critiques Lhuna for a hasty vote
Says Nilp is strange
Comments on Alcarillo being overly competitive
Makes a completely random and senseless remark about Rune (even though it was in Rune’s favor it was still senseless)
Comments on malkatoj
Then votes for Lhuna in her first post of the DAY, doing the exact same thing she faulted Lhuna for, which seems to have formed the basis for her own vote

Post 171 – Thinks Nilp is innocent

Post 188 – Gurthang had challenged her criticisms of Alcarillo, so she defended herself
Expressed conflicting opinions of Cailín
Then expressed confusion regarding the knowledge possessed by the Cobbler
Then mentioned (obliquely) the possibility she might change her vote

Post 209 – Defended Garin
Attempted to defend Garin by throwing suspicion on Cailín
Says she “thinks” Garin is innocent and further defends him

Post 220 – Does an “oopsie!” for thinking she can change her vote
Criticizes Valier for voting for Garin

Post 225 – Asks if Eluchil’s failure to vote would override Garin’s impending doom.
Says Eluchil still had time
This is a very curious post considering the way she defended Garin and what Garin turned out to be

DAY THREE

Post 233 – Says Valier and Alcarillo are probably innocent
Suspects TGWBS. Lhuna, and malkatoj because they don’t post much
Vague about Meneltarmacil
Suspicious of Nilp
Wonders again about the knowledge of the Cobbler

Post 281 – Now refuses to vote for Nilp, even though she suspected him in the previous post, because Nilp is just like that.
Says her suspicions of Cailín are waning but those of Lhuna seem to be growing
Wants to hear more from Naria and Azaelia
Says Naria is also in line for a vote from her

Post 288 – Still defends Nilp
Votes for Lhuna

Post 291 – Still sort of defends Nilp

DAY FOUR

Post 305 – Says Rune and Farael are probably innocent
Says her suspicions of Lhuna are waning, but she still holds them
Suspects Cailín
Argues against Gurthang – this argument was rejected by Gurthang in post 315

Seer Revelation in post 317

Post 320 – Concedes Gurthang and Alcarillo are innocent
Says Naria looked guilty but is probably the Hunter
Comments that the wolves have lots of choices that NIGHT
Notes that Farael, me, and Naria were the ones most vocal about the Seer revelation
Then faults Naria for suspecting Lhuna (Pot calling Kettle “Black”)
Says will vote for Naria or Farael, which is strange because earlier in this post she said she thought Naria was the Hunter. She does explain she thinks this might be a wolf plan.

Hunter Revelation in post 331

Cailín says she is not the Hunter in 336

Post 354 – Explains why she continues to believe Naria is a wolf in further detail, in spite of these revelations.
Says Naria is currently tied for the lead and since Naria got there first she’d be the one hung under current circumstances (I think this is very important in light of her later vote)
Believes Naria is operating a perfect wolf plan
Still suspects Farael

Post 357 – Voted for Naria, brining back the tie I’d just broken by voting for TGWBS. Was she perhaps hoping somebody else would come along to vote against Naria?

DAY FIVE
Post 367 – Accusatory of me
Says Naria is not proven innocent, but says it is likely that she is. This is an utter contradiction to her behavior on DAY FOUR with no explanation. This is especially troubling in light of her eager pursuit of Naria.

Voting History

Meneltarmacil – Gil-Galad, No Vote, Nilp, TGWBS

Cailín – Gil-Galad, Eluchil, Naria, Naria

Azaelia – Menel, Garin, No Vote, TGWBS, Kuru

Farael – Eluchil, Garin, Nilp, TGWBS

Rune – Gil-Galad, Garin, malkatoj, malkatoj

Alcarillo – Garin, Cailín, Nilp, TGWBS

Lhunardawen – Nilp, Eluchil, Naria, Naria

Amanaduial – Kuru, Lhuna, Lhuna, Naria

Naria – Nilp, Cailín, Nilp, Cailín

Kuruharan – Garin, Garin, Nilp, TGWBS

malkatoj – Nilp, Lhuna, TGWBS, No Vote

Those Who Have Voted Twice for a Wolf
Kuruharan

Those Who Have Voted Once for a Wolf
Alcarillo, Azaelia, Farael, Rune

Those Who Have Never Voted for a Wolf
Meneltarmacil, Cailín, Lhunardawen, Amanaduial, Naria, malkatoj

Voting Order DAY FOUR
Cailín – Naria
Lhunardawen – Naria
Azaelia – TGWBS
Naria – Cailín
TGWBS – Naria
Farael – TGWBS
Menel – TGWBS
Rune – malkatoj
Kuru – TGWBS
Aman – Naria
Gurthang – TGWBS
Alcarillo – TGWBS

I find Amanaduial disturbing for a number of reasons. First of all there are these repeated bits of confusion about the rules, which could be designed to spread confusion among the innocent. Then there is the general style of her postings which are usually either quite brief or long and rambling. The lengthy posts tend to be quite confusing to attempt to sit down and decipher as the meaning can be buried under a prodigious amount of verbage. A few posts also contradict each other from beginning to end. This all could smack very strongly of a wolf who is attempting to appear helpful while in actuality attempting to lead every one astray. Finally, there is the fact that she has never voted for a wolf. Those are my more general reasons for suspicion.

Specifically, she defended our deservedly dead enemy Garin. She actually went to some lengths to do this and posted about it several times. Then there is that very strange post 225 where she’s asking about Eluchil’s death overriding Garin’s. In light of Garin’s status this seems just a touch over-concerned.

Her behavior toward Cailín and Farael could charitably be described as “waffling” and usually for not entirely sound reasons.

However, the real whopper is her behavior toward Naria. Now, granted, she was hardly the only one to express suspicions about Naria. What is different is how she reacted after Cailín declared she was not the Hunter and said Naria was. Not only did Amanaduial continue her pursuit of Naria it became even more strident. She pointed out that Naria was the one currently in line for the chop. After my vote for TGWBS she promptly swooped down and created another tie. As I said above, was she hoping somebody else would come in and off Cailín? Then toDAY Amanaduial says she thinks Naria is at least “innocent” (without explaining herself), which in effect means she now thinks Naria is the Hunter. This is downright incriminating given her behavior yesterDAY.

I believe that yesterDAY Amanaduial was hoping that Naria would be killed and that Naria would kill Cailín (since Naria had voted that way and a dark cloud of suspicion did fall on Cailín for a bit there yesterDAY). This would dispose of two innocents at one blow, and one of them a dangerous innocent at that. ToDAY she’s changed her tactics because she thinks she can score more points by going along with the notion that Naria is the Hunter. She is probably thinking of going after me based on my arguments with Gurthang. We’ll see when we get there.

One thing that could speak in her favor is that she supported Nilp (mostly, she spoke against him in post 233...possibly an attempt to goad the rest of us in one direction while she switched sides). However, this could have been a little ploy on her part to build immunity for herself by supporting somebody who was probably going to get it at some point. Then, afterwards, if people began to seriously call her into question, she could go back and say, "See, I told you so!"

Now, is this an iron-clad case against Amanaduial?

No, I’m afraid it isn’t. Each one of these things taken individually, while some do seem a little more suspicious than others, could be reasonably explained away. However, it is the continual piling of one odd behavior on top of another that really begins to grow alarming. Even so, this could be just a pile of unfortunate circumstances. But, I think this pile reeks strongly of a wolf and I think it deserves serious consideration. (She even voted for our Seer twice.) I'm also not convinced that Cailin has clean hands in all this business, but I think Amanaduial is deserving of our attention for the present.

I do have a tactical suggestion to make, but I’d like to wait for our Seer and our confirmed innocent to offer their opinions before offering it. (I’m afraid Naria doesn’t quite count as “confirmed” even though I’m perfectly prepared to believe her).
Old 01-18-2006, 01:28 AM   #377
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Well, I was hoping for something a little more helpful from Alcarillo.

However, our Seer has arrived. Unfortunately, I'm just leaving.

So I'm going to offer my tactical suggestion now. I think you are quite right to demand an answer from Amanaduial about her alleged Hunterness (I personally don't believe it). If she claims to be the Hunter, we have a problem of dueling Hunters. The only available option would be to kill one of them and order them, if they are in fact the Hunter, to kill the other.

It is a bit ruthless, I know, but when you have dueling Hunters it is really the only thing to do.

We also might want to consider killing Naria toDAY if things really become cloudy (i.e. Amanaduial denies being the Hunter and can plausibly explain things away). There is a chance (even though I believe her) that Naria is lying. If she is the Hunter we can tell her to pick her best target. However, I think this is only an option of last resort...
Old 01-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #378
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
...Or if someone randomly attacks you with general abandon in a sleepy post. Honestly, by all means suspect me, I can't control your minds, but please do not randomly insult me. Kuru too.
I did not mean to insult you, dear lady, I apologise. I only intended to give strength to my words and could have easily used any other person - because generally, we have all been clueless.

About Naria being the real Hunter or not... if not, then let the real Hunter please step forth. We could double-lynch them (or have them shoot one another) and at least Lhuna will have a wolf to ask toNight. Since no one has said to be the Hunter, however, I am perfectly prepared to believe her.

Great analyses Kuru, that's very helpful. I remember Amanaduial defending me as well, at the start of the game, which made me so sure of her innocence for a while. I shall analyse you after I've had some breakfast, because no one else is likely to do so and I think it would be helpful whether you are innocent or not. Maybe we should try (with the aid of the entire village) building a case for Malkatoj, Meneltarmacil and me in the same way, so we have everyone currently under suspicion covered.

I am not in favour of lynching Naria and have her shoot someone. I would not like losing two innocents and possibly a Gifted who will have no chance to reveal himself in such a scheme.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 AM   #379
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril The Seer drowns in utter confusion.

Kuruharan, thanks a lot for that very detailed analysis. I guess there is solid ground for Aman to be found suspicious toDay, but there's another lycanthropy issue I'd like to raise: Meneltarmacil.

He was the subject of my dream yesterNight, and while my source isn't exactly the most reliable, a sound enough argument was given that he could be a very bold wolf.

1. It's a perfect cover, pointing out the potential Cobbler during the Day and killing her come Night. No one would think of a wolf killing an ally, more so after one of them points her out, but as I said Days ago the cobbler is completely dispensable as far as the wolf's cover is concerned.

If you will remember, he apologized to Kath after pointing out her use of the word cobbled, saying in his defense that we're all getting a bit paranoid. I don't know about you all, but I guess that increases the cover.

The next Day, after Kath's death, he shrugged and said he just pointed out a potential threat, making the issue less of a big deal than it was before.

2. He defended Nilp during the first two Days, going as far as almost voting for me and ending up voting for Gil-galad because we both voted for Nilp. Fair enough, I suppose...

But by Day 3, he made a complete 180 and decided to join the "Lynch Nilp!" campaign. Why the sudden turnaround?

3. His primary suspects, he said, were Gurthang and me...until I revealed myself. He said he's back to square one, and points vaguely at tgwbs, for no reason. Who turns out to be an ordo.

A lot of people did that, actually, and I guess it's a safe guess that at least one of our remaining lupine friends voted for him. Seriously, I don't even understand how he managed to be lynched yesterDay. Anyone care to explain that?

For the record, Zali, Farael, Menel, Kuru, Gurthang, and Alcarillo all voted for tgwbs. The list includes two of our known innocents, but I'm pretty sure at least one of these is a wolf.

Well, I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe I'm grasping at straws (again ), but at least by raising some suspicions we can hopefully find them answered, and that could help us.

Kuru, by the way, I'm wondering about this: How did you come up with the idea that I might be the Seer? And how did Nilp's death prove it?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:47 AM   #380
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril Listing...listing...

Innocent, definitely:
Lhuna
Alcarillo

Most likely innocent:
Naria --> I'm now prepared to believe her unless Aman suddenly comes out and claims to be the Hunter...now that would be messy.
Cailín

So innocent-seeming that I'll kill myself if they turn out to be the wolves after all:
Rune
Farael
Zali

Dodgy (read: quite suspicious):
Menel
Kuruharan --> I'm sorry, but I can't let go of my suspicion just yet...
Aman
malka

Well, that didn't help...
Old 01-18-2006, 03:06 AM   #381
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril Triple posting, yipee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
So I'm going to offer my tactical suggestion now. I think you are quite right to demand an answer from Amanaduial about her alleged Hunterness (I personally don't believe it). If she claims to be the Hunter, we have a problem of dueling Hunters. The only available option would be to kill one of them and order them, if they are in fact the Hunter, to kill the other.

It is a bit ruthless, I know, but when you have dueling Hunters it is really the only thing to do.

We also might want to consider killing Naria toDAY if things really become cloudy (i.e. Amanaduial denies being the Hunter and can plausibly explain things away). There is a chance (even though I believe her) that Naria is lying. If she is the Hunter we can tell her to pick her best target. However, I think this is only an option of last resort...
I'm a little wary of this. If they both turn out to be innocent, we'll be losing two innocents in a single blow. Plus another one during the Night...which could be me.

Last resort? Hmm...I guess we'll have to wait for Aman. Unfortunately, I can't.

(Oh, where is Gurthang when you need him... )

Okay, my guess is that Naria really is the Hunter. Otherwise, Aman could have instinctively jumped out and cried "Liar!" If Aman admits to being the Hunter, I guess we have no choice but to pursue the duel...but if she doesn't, I'm not yet too sure about lynching her.

I fear, somewhere deep inside, that this is yet another manipulative move to lynch an innocent. I'm very sorry Kuru, but I guess you can't blame me for being so suspicious. This isn't the first time something like this has happened.

Where is the double-lynching rule when you need it...

I'll be back for a vote, and then I must go.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:30 AM   #382
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril Quadruple posting. My timezones must be getting worse.

I'm afraid we have too many targets toDay: (Naria), Aman, Menel, and Kuru (at least for me). This makes it a lot easier for the wolves - whoever the Angband they are - to hide, wherever the Angband they are.

Oh wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang, his last ever post
Kuru, if I die toNight, look at Amana's second to last post. That longer one.
Apparently Gurthang trusted Kuru enough to leave Aman's case to him. Sounds perfectly reasonable.

Conassign to Mordor my suspicious self, but it could be another perfect cover for Kuru. Of course he'll do as Gurthang asked ere his death, and none of us will think of suspecting Kuru for that.

I'm quite sure that if Aman and Kuru are the wolves, they are prepared to fight against each other to death to leave the other alive and completely covered. But assuming so might be pushing it...well, who knows...

I guess, Master Dwarf, that you can't blame me for suspecting you too much. You're a powerful ally, but a formidable foe. And I guess we can risk our ally to prove he's not a wolf. Or at least, I can.

++KURUHARAN

Of course, the Hunter issue can't be abandoned just like that. I'll leave you loyal innocent villagers to settle it...please do it with as little bloodshed as possible, if you can. We'll deal with the other suspects later.

Ranger, it's completely your call if you will protect me toNight. I guess it's better for the Apprentice to take over as I explained above, but I fear for both of you. At least two of us three should remain alive as long as possible. Otherwise, the village will be lost.

And if ever I do die toNight, Apprentice, I trust you are prepared to take my place. Mine, or the Ranger's. If you become the Seer, be sure to ask Moderadacil about Kuru, if he hasn't been lynched yet. Or else ask about our other suspects. If you don't find a wolf, conceal yourself and ask Garin the next Night.

Village, please lynch a wolf toDay. Easier said than done, I know, but it has to be done.

Farewell...
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 AM   #383
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Yes. Where is Gurthang when you need him? He would surely be able to add to Kuru's 'analytical' post (and if you could insert 'suspicious' instead of the repeated 'stupid', sir, I would be most obliged) in which he points out only really the most incriminating facts.

In light of the analysis of my Hunter position, I'm pretty much beggared no matter what I say, right? If I say I'm the Hunter, we have a duel, and bearing in mind Kuru's witch-hunt, I'll probably end up dead; yet if I say I'm not the Hunter, it may seem that I'm merely playing up to Lhuna's words:
Quote:
Okay, my guess is that Naria really is the Hunter. Otherwise, Aman could have instinctively jumped out and cried "Liar!" If Aman admits to being the Hunter, I guess we have no choice but to pursue the duel...but if she doesn't, I'm not yet too sure about lynching her.
So if I say I'm not, hey, I'll probably end up dead. Again. So I guess you're just going to have to believe me when I reply: No. Actually, I'm not the Hunter. I'm not convinced that Naria is, but I'm not.

Kuru...goodness, sir, an 'iron clad case'? Well, I'm glad you didn't leave it at that, I'm sure you are not that naive, but I thought you were persecuting me for seeing both sides of the case - the repeated references to my own hypocrisy could easily, it would appear, be turned around to backfire onto you. However, I have no intention of letting this turn into a personal attack on Kuru, or of over-analysing your over-analysis - granted, you do make several points which may, I admit, seem suspicious - but only when viewed with a certain sort of eyes. If anyone does wish me to explain away that entire post, then I will, certainly, but I do not really feel it to be the most important thing at the moment: to focus on myself when we are trying to find a wolf would seem rather self-obsessed, not to mention pointless - and also, no doubt, would be construed as 'suspicious', bearing in mind Cailin was earlier suspected of such behaviour being suspicious. But if you wish me to attempt to explain to you the examples in that post (I shall refrain from adding any adjectives), say the word. (I will probably have to explain a few of them later toDay anyway - the question of Naria, for example). And I shall attempt not to make my explanation as personally judgemental as yours.

I have to go now - much work to do, and English coursework for next week. But, for fear of seeming to be just turning on Kuru because he's attacking me (funny how your opinion of me turned about when I considered you suspicious), I ask you to consider that post, as well as his general posting style, and to consider at the same time the phrase "The lady doth protest too much..."
Old 01-18-2006, 04:21 AM   #384
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kuruharan

Day 1

Do we all still remember what happened here? Mostly, we were all clueless and Nilpaurion of course started his usual lynch-me campaign. People who proceeded to vote for Nilp were under a lot of suspicion too, which is why the second bandwagon against Gil-Galad came into being. Gil was eventually lynched and turned out to be an Ordinary Villager.

Post #52, #68, #79 and #84

Mostly random in-character babbling. Points at Kath, Gurthang. Reminds us to spread the voting.

Post #108

Approves of Gurthang’s plan, does not like the Nilp-wagon

Post #122

Suspects Garin and shows inclination to vote for him

Post #134

Votes for Garin, which is Garin’s second vote. Suspects TGWBS and Meneltarmacil for starting the Gil-wagon.

As we can see, Kuru played a very correct game this Day. He defends both known innocents and accuses a known wolf! His suspicion of TGWBS and Meneltarmacil is not at all incriminating either. So we have basically three options: 1) Kuru is a very lucky innocent. 2) Kuru is a very smart innocent. 3) Kuru is a very cunning wolf.

Day 2

Kath the Cobbler died during the Night. Many people were under suspicion and it was a rather close race between me, Lhuna and Garin. In the end, Garin was lynched and found to be a wolf indeed.

Post #144

Continues suspicions of TGWBS and Meneltarmacil

Post #149

Wonders what the significance of Menel picking up on Kath’s clue is.

Post #159

Continues suspicions of TGWBS and Menel, especially wants explanation from TGWBS. Doubts Nilp is a wolf cause of Garin’s last vote to save him.

Post #176

Basically wonders about me and those who seemed to be trying to start a Cailín bandwagon (i.e. Valier, Eluchil and Alcarillo, now all known innocents).

Post #189

Still finds Garin suspicious but now focuses on Valier. Possibly me as well. Questions Malkatoj due to her silence.

Post #206

Does not find me particularly suspicious. Worries cause Eluchil currently flying under the radar. Does not want to vote for Lhuna, either. Still wants to vote for Garin.

Post #214

Nothing of interest

Post #222

Condemns Garin to the gallows in the pre-final vote.

Again, a pretty good day for Kuru. Only the flawlessness of his record would make me suspicious. I wish to point out that I think if we assume our wolves are pretty stupid, the remaining two wolves must be Amanaduial and Malkatoj. However, though it is no doubt possible, I find it hard to believe none of the wolves voted for Garin. Also, Meneltarmacil did not vote at all, so that might be rather worrisome. But I was talking about Kuruharan, though honestly, cannot find much that would incriminate him.

Day 3

No death! Who would the wolves have attacked? I personally think it might have been Gurthang, because he was under no suspicion whatsoever and seemed to have been a valuable ally for the townspeople. People are pretty fixed on killing Nilp toDay, which happens and he is found innocent.

Anyway:

Post #235

Kuru analyses Garin’s posts. Defends himself against light accusations. Points at Gurthang, Nilp (though doubts Nilp’s a wolf) and Amanaduial for being cobblerish. Defends Lhuna. Clears Farael, Valier and Alcarillo for now.

Post #249

Continues to add fuel to the possible suspiciousness of Gurthang. Seems to be convinced Nilp should be lynched before we continue. Then wishes to look at those who voted for Lhuna.

Post #272

Wishes us to focus on killing Nilp for information, though he doubts Nilp is guilty. Shows a passionate desire to lynch TGWBS afterwards. Defends himself.

Post #277

Nothing of interest.

Post #286

Votes for Nilpaurion and is generally exasperated with the rest of us.

Well, Kuru seems to have been his cold, rational self toDay. Still very correct posting, though maybe a little defensive. I could hardly blame anyone for that, though.

Day 4

Valier is killed by the wolves, puzzling us all.

Post #297

Wonders why the wolves picked Valier. Waits for the Seer.

Post #301

Not much of interest, continues being generally annoyed.

Post #312

Concludes Valier’s death only possibly incriminates me. Pushes the Seer to step forth and speaks of a theory he will propose.

Post #324

Says he already thought Lhuna to be the Seer. Continues to defend himself. Wonders about Amanaduial and Malkatoj. Clears Rune for the moment.

Post #352

Seems a little confused. Torn between voting Amanaduial or TGWBS.

Post #355

Votes TGWBS

Post #359

Is relieved Malkatoj has voted yesterday and thus there will be no double lynching.

Too bad we never really heard Kuru’s theory this Day, but I’d say he continues to be on the safe side. Gurthang’s final post implies he was starting to trust Kuru as well. I’m inclined to believe he thought Lhuna might have been the Seer, for he has indeed defended her.

Well, disregarding his posts for toDay I am forced to conclude that if Kuruharan is a wolf, he is a terribly cunning and clever one and I’d almost say: deserves to win. I can find absolutely no evidence that Kuru might be wolvish and I can hardly believe he would have dared to play such a bold game. Plus, I wish to add in Kuru’s defence that the wolves have not been very… successful yet. They still never found a Gifted. And I seriously do believe Kuru would have found one by now or would have killed Lhuna earlier in the game.

So I guess what I am saying is that Kuruharan has got me convinced for now and I shall now focus on Amanaduial and Malkatoj, especially the former whom I distrust more every second.

I am sorry for the sheer length of this post, but Kuru posted a lot and I don’t wish to edit all my findings.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #385
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*double posting*

Obviously, there is a lot more to conclude from the sum-up I made above. However, I am mostly concerned with stopping the bandwagon for now. Let us not lynch the dwarf before we know more. Yes, I realise he's a threat should he prove to be a wolf - possibly the most dangerous left in the village -, but that works both ways so he's also a great loss should he indeed be innocent, as I now believe he is.

So let's consider carefully. We have come so far already.

I am in favour of lynching Amanaduial right now, simply because it would clear up much confusion. Malkatoj and Meneltarmacil are less high on my to-lynch list, but I would more or less support either. I do not wish to disregard Rune, Farael and Zali so easily, though I believe them innocent. I'm rather surprised no one has yet fought this assumption, while a wolf might definitely have tried to cast suspicion on any of them.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #386
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Oh, look...I found a way to be back!

So, Aman, at least that makes things a little less confusing now: you're not the Hunter. Now the only thing that confuses us regarding you is your innocence or lycanthropy, whichever the case.

Honestly, I'm really not sure whether lynching you is the right thing to do. We can blame your being inexperienced for your suspicion of Naria, but then again you can be smart enough to hide behind the same explanation.

As for the issue concerning Kuruharan: Despite his claims of being incapable of playing such a risky game were he a wolf, don't you really think he can pull that off? If my memory serves me right, there was once a certain village called Loveland where a certain Lhunatic and her fellow villagers managed to fall under the control of a very, very cunning werewolf named Eomer - who ended up single-handedly destroying the entire village.

What's your point, you ask? It's just that if it happened once, it can certainly happen again. And I'm sure you all agree with me that this Eomer is not the only wolf who could play as boldly and smartly as that.

Whether you agree with me or not, Master Dwarf, you hold a certain amount of control in this village; I'm sure that I will be proved right in saying this when Aman ends up being lynched toDay. I normally don't have a problem with that, but the problem here is that we aren't even certain on which side you are playing for.

One thing that very slightly worries me about my suspicion of you is that you defended me early on during the game. Now if you had me pegged as an innocent or possibly as a gifted - perhaps even as the Seer - then you should have killed me earlier. But then again, you could just be latching onto a certain known innocent (assuming you are a wolf) to get the chance to use the words "I told you so," and then claim that you previously had the idea that she was a gifted once she declares so.

I guess for this I'll receive another exasperated tirade. But I wonder why you seem all to eager to stop any ideas of suspicion against you. You see, all of us have to undergo some questioning at one time or another. You stand out to me for the reason that whenever someone expresses doubts about you, you answer irritatedly (it seems) and dismiss the idea very easily. It's as if you don't want anyone suspecting you too thoroughly, so before they have the chance to scrutinize you, you tell them to back off - with exasperation (again, so it seems). That's how they came to me, and I find the thought rather troubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
I do not wish to disregard Rune, Farael and Zali so easily, though I believe them innocent. I'm rather surprised no one has yet fought this assumption, while a wolf might definitely have tried to cast suspicion on any of them.
Not that I'm defending them but it's possible that they really are innocent, and the wolves don't want an innocent being lynched who could lead directly to them. Perhaps they think that there's already enough confusion in this village to hide them.

But you're right, of course, in saying that we shouldn't just forget about them.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 AM   #387
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Now I'm afraid I really must go. Good night, villagers. Bad night, werewolves.

And if I die tomorrow Night, well... please save the village. And kill the wolves.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #388
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I feel guilty for fueling the "Lets kill TWBS" bandwagon but my rationale was to save Naria (and probably another Innocent or even Gifted) and he had a vote already. Having said that, I might not have time to post much today so I shall somewhat follow Kuruharan's 'advise' and vote for

++Amanaduial

My reasoning is poor and my vote is all but a random vote.... yet Kuruharan makes a good dissection of her posts and I'm not sure I can come up with anything better on my own.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 AM   #389
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You make me doubt myself again, Lhuna, which is not very nice. Anyway - I just would find it unfair to vote for Kuru because of good behaviour (aside from being arrogant and exasparated) while we don't even consider Rune, Zali and Farael - just because they are not cunning enough?

And though you are right and this Eomer you speak of (by the way - it is rather remarkable how often he has been mentioned in a game he does not even participate in ) is indeed a great example of low cunning and exceptionally bold strategies, this does not automatically mean we're facing the same thing here. It would also be silly to keep coming up with rather far-fetched theories while the guilty ones are obviously right in front of us!

I wish I knew for sure, but I think we shall likely find our wolves among the following people: Kuruharan, Amanaduial, Meneltarmacil and Malkatoj. I'm starting to regret we're not able to pull a double lynch.

Edit: Cross-posted with Farael.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #390
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
but the problem here is that we aren't even certain on which side you are playing for.
Truly this statement is the epitome of balance and equity since you don’t know which side anybody else is playing for either, except for Alcarillo. As for why I thought you were the Seer, you said things that made me think so. I don’t have time to go back and find them now. I became confused because Nilp suddenly changed his behavior and started acting rational. It was possible he was the Seer and was trying to discreetly let us know something important. I thought it had to be one of the two of you. I was right. Unfortunately, I was convinced that Nilp was pretending to be the Seer while being a wolf. However, if he had proven to be the Seer I would have been convinced you were a wolf. That was my theory that DAY, and you can probably appreciate why I didn’t want to say too much about it at the time. Alas, he was neither the Seer or a werewolf…he was just strange.

Quote:
all to eager to stop any ideas of suspicion against you.
Because they are a waste of time and could be rather unfortunate for the village.

Anyway, I hope you will excuse my “defending” myself, since I already promised I wouldn’t. But I thought it was fair to answer your question about why I decided you were the Seer.

Anyway,

Amanaduial

Quote:
In light of the analysis of my Hunter position, I'm pretty much beggared no matter what I say, right? If I say I'm the Hunter, we have a duel, and bearing in mind Kuru's witch-hunt, I'll probably end up dead; yet if I say I'm not the Hunter, it may seem that I'm merely playing up to Lhuna's words:

-and-

So if I say I'm not, hey, I'll probably end up dead. Again. So I guess you're just going to have to believe me when I reply: No. Actually, I'm not the Hunter. I'm not convinced that Naria is, but I'm not.
If you are innocent why would you even begin to beat around the bush here? Cailín’s behavior seems much more likely to be an innocent here because she instantly denied being the Hunter and did not do a song and dance routine like this about it.

Quote:
I'm starting to regret we're not able to pull a double lynch.
Yes, at the moment I think that would solve a lot of problems.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:30 AM   #391
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I see that Luhna has allready made an exelent case against Menel, what I don't understand is that Luhna can keep briniging this up and you just collective chooses to ignore it.

Now lets look at Menel's voting history.

Meneltarmacil – Gil-Galad, No Vote, Nilp, TGWBS

He seems to vote for what is popular, exept for when we are about to kill off a wolf!

Then there were the whole cobbler thing. To claim that Menel could not be a wolf because of this is rubbish. Sure Menel was the one that pointet it out, but this means that all became aware of it. We can conclude that the wolves decidet to kill the person wich had the greatest chances of being the cobbler. Now this could just be to throw us off, but it would make more sence if it was to create a cover for Menel.

A thing that I have noticed about Menel is that he has been acting different than he normaly does. He has not been as helpfull as I usually find him being and then there was the whole howling thing. I have not could decide if he was endeed a wolf or a giftet trying to stay alive for as long as posibel. I now belive he is a Wolf.

Now on to Malkatoj.

malkatoj – Nilp, Lhuna, TGWBS, No Vote

Has been absent for long periods and as we can see never votet for a wolf. All around a very sneeky person. What reson do we have to keep her in the village?

I still think her vote for Nilp is suspisios. . .

I will vote for either of these, I dont really care who.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 PM   #392
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

I'm going to be quick here for I have app't all aft. I agree with most of the analyses done on [B]AmanB]. I would like to thank her, however for saying that she isn't the Hunter- saving us all a big headache(regarding a senseless duel between her and I). I have suspicions about her and Malka which have pretty much been analysed enough for me. But since I don't really have too much to go on in regards to Malka-her far and few between posts-and I'm running out of time to do this post. I am on the fence with both of them but more inclined to go with Aman, since I'm not convinced that she believes in my innocence(from yesterday's vote & post and today's posts)and would gladly watch me hang. I might be wrong but her sudden behaviour towards me has me concerned, as it should. Don't know if any of this made sense to any of you, It does to me and I will explain later if I'm still alive when I return. But I need to make my vote know. If I get lynched today, Apprentice please do your best to save the village.

++Amanaduial
Old 01-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #393
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Ooops, sorry 'bout the bolding.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #394
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

NB: this post was formulated before Naria made her post - cello lesson...

I am actually mildly astonished by the reasoning in the past Day: I mean, the sheer irrationality of some of the 'arguments'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
I'm sure that I will be proved right in saying this when Aman ends up being lynched toDay.
Good lord, woman, I'm sure I don't like the sound of that 'when'! Kuru still has more votes than me - but then, maybe that's why he's getting quite so defensive (for example in the way that he attacks anyone who comments on him at all - for example, #312 when he comments on someone being 'ever more suspicious' when they find him suspicious. Surely this isn't quite right). But as I said previously, I agree with you on this point, Lhuna: whether wolf or not, Kuru is definitely attempting to pull the strings. He's proved that he's smart enough to stay alive so far, but he makes me uneasy, and not simply because of the personal tirades that he keeps launching at me which seem actually slightly reminiscent of Garin's behaviour earlier in the game (the behaviour that got him lynched, incidentally), but also because of his slightly peculiar wording in places. Yes, I accuse you of over analysing me, Kuru, but I'm afraid I must take a moment to look at Kuru's behaviour... He has probably, so far, been the most commanding character in the game. Sure, Gurthang was influential - but he didn't go as far as to start suggesting, and I quote, 'orders' for the other game characters. And the 'I told you so' nature once he's proved right - very keen to make sure that other villagers know that, e.g. he backed Lhuna:

Quote:
I thought so. And if you don’t believe me, please go back and reread how I always tried to defend you but not be too obvious about it
It is just like a wolf's cover: Kuru protected Lhuna and was then trying to use it to his full advantage. If he were a wolf, he'd know she was an innocent - this total conviction into someone's innocence does seem to come from a certain definite knowledge, and the wolves (and Seer after a dream) are the only ones who could have that definite knowledge on anyone in the village. Where other people seem at least moderately uncertain about the other villagers, Kuru makes definitive statements about people that seem to come from a certain knowledge about them. This worries me rather.

He also seems to have a very developed gameplan - everything is set out, if he has a theory, he may say that he will 'wait' before revealing it, he made strong suggestions as to exactly who the Seer should dream of and the Ranger should protect, strongly urging the villagers to act one way or the other... It's all so manipulative. And it does sound somewhat like the words of a desperate man, unsubtle as this would be in the game of werewolf.

Ah, Rune resurfaces! However, there are still two seriously unknown quantities: Azaelia and Malkatoj. Farael too, actually: his most recent post puzzled me in that it made no attempt at reasoning behind his vote (although at least he accepted this), and instead simply followed Kuruharan's 'advice'. Hmm. Firstly, I think this nicely highlights the point Lhuna made (and which I made earlier in this post) about his manipulation: apparently, it's working. Also, why does Farael not make an attempt at reasoning? Following in the highest degree, and it worries me: makes these two seem like allies. I don't, however, think I've really seen enough of Farael's posts: generally, they're rather short, and I haven't currently time to go back over the whole thread. But I only have a slight twitching of unease against him: it isn't enough, certainly, to form a vote.

Azaelia and Malkatoj....Azaelia, I have absolutely no idea about. Totally unknown. Malkatoj...hmm, like, apparently, several others on this thread, my suspicion of her is really to do with her absense, although I concede that this is really hardly fair. Maybe she's hiding in order to avoid incriminating her - Malka is new to werewolf I believe, like myself. But I don't really think this is that likely - I mean, yeah, on the one hand, 'prevention is better than cure', but on the other hand, some sort of defence would surely be better - I'm not sure I can make a full judgement on her either from her posts, which is why I am slightly surprised at the amount of suspicion surrounding her, but I will be keeping an eye on her. If I survive the Day

Oh, and as a final remark, I should just like to comment on Naria:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Then toDAY Amanaduial says she thinks Naria is at least “innocent” (without explaining herself), which in effect means she now thinks Naria is the Hunter. This is downright incriminating given her behavior yesterDAY.

(I’m afraid Naria doesn’t quite count as “confirmed” even though I’m perfectly prepared to believe her).
Yes. Aware of that. Don't mean to come off curt, there, but I would have thought that it was fairly obvious from yesterday that I held reservations about Naria - with time, bearing in mind no-one has come forward and people seem quite prepared to believe her today, I'm coming to accept that suspicion around her is certainly dying down at a very rapid rate, although I'm not entirely convinced - I did not say that I thought she was innocent for sure. But when I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaduial the Archer
Naria isn't actually proven to be innocent: we only have her word on her being a Hunter. I mean, yeah, very likely, but not completely without doubt.
...I was actually contradicting Cailin's post prior to that in which she stated Naria to be the Hunter and a known innocent. My doing it in these words was, probably mostly, to appear less adversarial - I don't believe in hacking people off at the knees every time they make a statement that I don't agree with, although apparently some villagers do.

And as to when you commented on, I quote, "I think you are quite right to demand an answer from Amanaduial about her alleged Hunterness (I personally don't believe it)" - well, actually I never alleged it. I didn't contradict it because when Gurthang first brought up the point, I didn't see the point, it didn't seem like a reasonable concern, more a spur-of-the-moment and rather dramatic post - and then Lhuna brought it up again and it was followed up - and answered as soon as I could that I was not. I never said I was the Hunter, I never knowingly even hinted that I was any such thing - so please don't try to turn it against me, or even use it to promote my death. You wish we had double lynchings? I bet you do: take two innocent villagers out in one fell swoop and even up the odds a bit for you and your ally, whoever he or she is.

Quote:
If you are innocent why would you even begin to beat around the bush here? Cailín’s behavior seems much more likely to be an innocent here because she instantly denied being the Hunter and did not do a song and dance routine like this about it.
Call it a disclaimer! I was pointing out what would no doubt be pointed out after I said I wasn't the Hunter, very likely by you. Frankly, Kuru, your world-weary exasperation is beginning to wear a bit thin on my patience and the thread of my suspicion is thickening with it: it just seems to be part of a cover.

So for now, despite my worries on Malka (and my uncertainty on other players who I have no time to comment on in any detail right now), today's vote is for:

++Kuruharan

My, that was disjointed...
Old 01-18-2006, 01:56 PM   #395
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Quote:
Those Who Have Never Voted for a Wolf
Meneltarmacil, Cailín, Lhunardawen, Amanaduial, Naria, malkatoj
Rune, Rune, Rune. Not voting for a wolf makes me one? If that's the case, we've got ourselves 6 werewolves here and we already know that one's dead. If my absences add to it, then I guess I've learned not to play during finals week.

Quote:
All around a very sneeky person. What reson do we have to keep her in the village?

I still think her vote for Nilp is suspisios. . .
Sneaky? Okay, this is perhaps an acceptable excuse on Day 1 when we have no evidence, but you really shouldn't be going on against someone this late in the day because you think they're 'sneaky.' What reason do you have to keep me? I think this is entirely the wrong question to be asking here. We don't want to go killing off people because we have no reason to keep them, we want to kill people off because we have sufficient reason to believe they're wolves. Your reasons are not sufficient. My vote for Nilp, suspicious? Why, pray tell? If you haven't noticed, this is my first time playing in one of the 'big-kid' games (played a Junior game once) and I had no way of knowing that he has that crazy tendency to act suicidal. I wasn't the only one voting for him, either, why are the others not suspicious?

Okay, on to my own thoughts. At this point, we have reason to suspect just about everyone (well, okay, not the known innocents, but mostly everyone else) and if we look hard enough, we'll find suspicion everywhere. Paranoia creates itself and we're all falling into the trap. However, the cases against both Meneltarmacil (as posted by our wonderful seer, Lhuna) and Amanaduial (as posted by Kuruharan and others) are very strong and one of them will likely get my vote unless someone does something that screams 'I'm a wolf!' Before I cast my vote, however, I'd like to see what some others have to say for themselves. I shall return fairly shortly.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 PM   #396
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

My, my, my, aren't we suspicious of people? *heh heh*

I assure you, I am no wolf. I don't think I would have said that Lhunardawen and Gurthang were my primary suspects if I were really trying to cover my tracks. (Yes, I know, that's just what a wolf would say to keep himself alive).

However, I had not yet expressed any suspicion of Gurthang at that point. It really does not make any sense for a wolf to come out and say that he suspected a known innocent if he had not said anything about that innocent before.

Of course, for all you know, all of my statements could be elaborate bluffs coming from a clever wolf. If you want to lynch me, it won't be that bad for the village, as I am an Ordinary Villager and in no way Gifted.

Aman did look a little suspicious in some of her posts earlier, and I find myself in agreement with the arguments against her. I will review her posts myself before making up my mind, though.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:02 PM   #397
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
See Amanduial, I know being under suspicion from someone as vocal as Kuruharan can be stressing and I will be the first to say, I've made a few bad choices. Namely, voting for TGWBS and Nilp, although I stick by my choice both times. At the time I thought it was the best vote I could take and I alone did not seal their "destiny" so I can see that more people agreed with me (and more than the two werewolves)

Now, Why am I saying this? I believe I wrote on my post that I was on a hurry and did not know if I'd be able to post again before the deadline... and let's face it, Kuruharan did make a good case against you. I had nothing better to go on with, it was six ten AM and I had fifteen minutes to get ready and take the bus... sorry if I could not write a dissertation over my post. Still, as my vote was I believe the first against you, it would not make a difference if not many people think you innocent.

I've also grown a little weary of Kuruharan's style but for the time being he has managed to make better cases against other people than what others have been able to make against him. As simple as that.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #398
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkatoj
Not voting for a wolf makes me one
Of cours not, but you cannot claim that it makes one seem more innocent either.

Quote:
Sneaky? Okay, this is perhaps an acceptable excuse on Day 1 when we have no evidence, but you really shouldn't be going on against someone this late in the day because you think they're 'sneaky.
Well we must agree to disagree on this point. I see it as a great reason, if not wolves can just chose to be more or less abcent and not get votet for.

Quote:
My vote for Nilp, suspicious? Why, pray tell? If you haven't noticed, this is my first time playing in one of the 'big-kid' games (played a Junior game once) and I had no way of knowing that he has that crazy tendency to act suicidal. I wasn't the only one voting for him, either, why are the others not suspicious?
I know you only played in a wwj before, I was there remember!? Your vote was suspicous because it was you who made it a bandwaggon.

At last let me say that I am glad to se a response from you, this will give me (and others) something to judge you by.

Why do you think I votet for Gil ? It was because I thought it was wrong to vote Nilp, the only reason I votet for him and not you at that point was him being the more expirienced player.

You may say that my case against you is weak, but the matter of fact is that we really now nothing about you and therefor we run a great risk by having you in the village.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #399
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
seem actually slightly reminiscent of Garin's behaviour earlier in the game
The same Garin you defended fang and claw? Oh yes, I remember him.

Quote:
he made strong suggestions as to exactly who the Seer should dream of and the Ranger should protect, strongly urging the villagers to act one way or the other...
Tsk...such falsehood. Go back over my posts. I never made the slightest suggestion about who the Seer should dream about or who the Ranger should protect. (I did offer a possibility today of a circumstance where I thought the Hunter might want to make a particular suggestion).

Quote:
Kuru makes definitive statements about people that seem to come from a certain knowledge about them.
When one reviews the evidence, it is hard to avoid coming to conclusions about certain people.

Quote:
I was actually contradicting Cailin's post prior to that in which she stated Naria to be the Hunter and a known innocent.
I wasn't denying that. However, at the same time you were contradicting yourself.

Quote:
I didn't see the point
What do you mean you didn't see the point? If you are innocent what could possibly be gained by your hiding something like that?
Old 01-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #400
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Such silence today! I know I am to blame as well, but I just got home.

I see suspicions are rising and I must admit, I am clueless as to what to do next. Lynching a wolf today seems crucial because of Lhuna's position and I wish we could allow her one good final dream. I'm also noticing something else.

Though Meneltarmacil, Malkatoj and others are suspicious as well, especially Menel, I would say that we have two large cases here against Kuruharan and Amanaduial. I am inclined to believe Kuru over Amanaduial, but I might be seriously manipulated or something. I'm not really the sharpest this game anyway. However, I detect something which is more crucial than anything else: there is no way this village is going to accept Kuruharan as an innocent no matter what happens and though I wish to believe Amanaduial is a wolf, which will allow Lhuna to dream of Kuru tonight, I can in no way be sure. I tend to forget Amanaduial is a newbie to this game, because of the way she posts, but she is and therefore more likely to make mistakes.

++KURUHARAN

You have played a very clean game and whatever you turn out to be, Sir, you are undoubtedly one of the most brilliant players I ever had the honour to argue with.

So, now here's to hoping I am wrong.