The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WW LXXXVIII: What Lies in the Dark (Game Thread)

Opening narration should be up later today.

DO NOT POST HERE UNTIL IT IS DAY 1.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
IT IS NOW NIGHT 1. DO NOT POST.

Players
Nienna
Lottie
Dun
Nog
Bom Tombadillo
Wilwa
Nerwen
Glirdan
Boro
Lhuna
Phantom
Shasta
laurab2333
Old 05-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Game on. It's dark, and you're all afraid.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I was looking forward to playing, but then I spotted this on the Admin Thread-
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGoddess
If you’re a jerk, you will be modfired.
So.... yeah. I'm dead soon.

Even if I somehow behave myself temporarily, it won't change who I am. I suspect our ModGoddess instituted that policy and then allowed me to join just so she'd have the pleasure of modfiring me no matter what I did.

I'm onto your little game, Sally!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Phantom for representative
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
But . . . but . . . then I'll have nobody to blindly follow! Whhhhaaaaa! *sniffle*

Anyway, this ought to be fun, phantom or no phantom (sorry, phantom's ego). I'll probably not be posting as much as I planned to, due to the fact that I ordered a new computer game that arrived today () without thinking of how it would affect my TiG-ing. ()

Now, down to business. Phantom is obviously innocent, being infallible and all. Laurab2333 is suspicious, seeing as I don't recall her joining (was it by PM or something?), but I'll give her the benefit of newbie-doubt in hopes that I will be given the same. I'm innocent too, of course, being the Master (or would that make me guilty? Well yeah, but not of being a spider.)

Everybody else is guilty, guilty, guilty! They're all accomplices! As to who's the spider xyrself, though, that's obviously Boromir88, referred to as the "sweet prince" of the one responsible for inflicting this on us all - sally!*

*Bom Tombadillo, Inc. takes no responsibility for the truth of this message. Content may or may not be biased, erroneous, or blatant lies.

[edit] Ninja'd by the Moddess herself! Truly this is an honour! [/edit]
Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It's dark and I'm afraid!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #8
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

See, this is where the arrogance comes from. It's not even a Republic style game and I already got a rep-vote after one post. (Thanks Sally, I won't let you down! I support public funding for more beef jerky factories and promise to eradicate hermit crabs world wide!)

And how is it that this rather fresh-faced member Bom seems to know me? I realize the ego reference may have been simple reasoning based upon my sig, but he also seems to know how deserved my smugness is, as he specifically recognizes my infallability. Should I be flattered or frightened?

Of course we know Inzil has decided upon fear. Judging from his post, Inzil seems especially vulnerable to suggestion this afternoon. Hmmm... perhaps I shall test the extent of it-

*waves hand Obi Wan style*

This isn't the spider you're looking for. Move along. And fetch me a sandwich.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Of course we know Inzil has decided upon fear. Judging from his post, Inzil seems especially vulnerable to suggestion this afternoon. Hmmm... perhaps I shall test the extent of it-
Some measure of fear seems to be in order, maybe. At least for those that aren't a loathsome eight-legged monstrosity or its brood.

Quote:
This isn't the spider you're looking for. Move along. And fetch me a sandwich.
Shall we save ourselves mountains of headaches and uncertainties and just lynch phantom now?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh, look, there are some people here! And they've all made me laugh already. So...yay them and all.

Now onto logistics...if I'm right (which I may well not be), there's only Shelob right now, and someone who will turn into a spider come Nightfall. (Unless she started out with a fully-fledged spider, and I think that was dependant on how many people. I'm guessing based on the numbers that it's a Bitten, not a Fledged - this may be wildly inaccurate.) If we kill the Bitten, would it show up as a spider, or as an innocent?

Edit: Xed with Zil
Old 05-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #11
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Laddy daddy da fear and all that jazz (with some jazz hands in there possibly....sorry, in total theatre mode right now)

Anyways, on to some pretty useless stuff.

Phantom is evil, let's lynch him now to avoid any further complications.

Phantom's ego we can leave around as it will modfire itself.

Inzil is a spider because I said so.

Lottie is already too intuitive and needs to be lynched so she doesn't steer us in the wrong direction.

BT needs to be lynched for impersonating Tom Bombadil yet I agree with him that Laura also needs to be lynched for being secretive.

We can keep Lhuna as I haven't seen her in ages (good to have you back my dear!! ) but we can lynch her on Day 2.

Boro is a Cobbler and needs to go now before he gives me headaches.

Shasta can stay around a long time because I feel terrible for the past few games I've played with him.

Nienna gets to stay cuz she hasn't played in awhile and also because of some awesome RL excitment!! (*squees in excitment*)

Nog is evil as always. Lynch him.

Nerwen can stick around so that Shasta isn't lonely.

Wilwa needs to be lynched just for old time sake and our ModGoddess gets a cookie and snuggles (with a side dish of pie and muffins) for an amazing Doctor Who reference

I think that covers everything
Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Glirdy, you're being quite see-through at the moment. Making lots of newbieish, green mistakes. You are visibly spiderish. We absolutely should lynch you right now.

Edit: Or, well, now you look better.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hehehe, I noticed that myself actually. Guess I changed it after the last game and didn't think of looking before we started this one.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

You call that a suspicions list, Glirdy? Ha!

This is a proper list, with the added bonus that it is more accurate.

Nienna- Just Nienna.
Lottie- Just Lottie.
Inzil- Spiderling in training!
Nog- Will be stung Night 3.
Bom- An enigma.
Wilwa- A brave little butterfly.
Nerwen- A sneaky dingo.
Glirdy- Doctor Who!
Boro- A stubborn wolverine.
Lhuna- Will be modfired for non-participation.
Shasta- The seer?!
Laura- I know her not.
Phantom- Evil. But not Shelob.

Really, the only problem I see is that my list does not include Shelob. But of course as the object is to lynch her.... hmmm....

I think the Moddess has some explaining to do. Make the object of the game lynching Shelob, and then don't give us one?! What kind of sick experiment are you running here?!

Though I suppose it's technically possible my list is wrong, but, well.... For now I'm going to assume I'm right.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #15
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Also, just to get people talking....

Talk about the merits of Samwise standing up and shouting "I'm Sam!!"

I mean- he can only be killed through lynching, right? So why not make himself unlynchable on Day 1 by declaring himself? Is that an acceptable trade-off for forfeiting the possibility of Shelob trying to sting him?

At this stage of the game there's absolutely no possibility of a counter-reveal, as only Shelob could do it and it would be suicidal, as then the village would simply lynch both claims to secure the win. Correct?

So....?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #16
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

a voice from the darkness

There shall be NO reveals, false or otherwise. Kthnxdie.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #17
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well that's a conversation killer. So... umm.... How about that Green Lantern trailer, eh? Looks like it's going to be pretty cool.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Some measure of fear seems to be in order, maybe. At least for those that aren't a loathsome eight-legged monstrosity or its brood.
Tch! Tch! A grown man like you, afraid of a harmless little– well, not so little– spider? All we need is a jar! A BIG jar...
Old 05-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Though I suppose it's technically possible my list is wrong, but, well.... For now I'm going to assume I'm right.
On second thought....I'm quite alright with a double lynch: phantom and his ego
Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Tch! Tch! A grown man like you, afraid of a harmless little– well, not so little– spider? All we need is a jar! A BIG jar...
I must confess that I shake my shoes every morning before putting them on. No creepie-crawlie's getting my foot!

That said, I was really only obeying the moddess's direction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Game on. It's dark, and you're all afraid.
See?

Anyway, do we have an answer to Lottie's question? Are we dealing with a full-fledged spawn yet?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Considering my faithful service last time I played with you, I would've thought you'd be inclined to be nice to me, Glirdy.

Also, I seem to recall the rules forbidding double-lynches, so that would be a no-go anyway.

And I've just now realized how awful the "no reveals" and "no false reveals" rules are for me personally. I mean- that's what I do! Revealing and false revealing is the only thing I'm good for other than being entertaining. *bangs head*

First I'm forbidden to be a jerk, and now this? Bleh.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #22
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Shelob has claimed a victim, but there is still hope for them. (Aka they're not fully turned yet.)

And now the moddess must slumber. Do be entertaining while I'm gone.

*snuggles you all*
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
On second thought....I'm quite alright with a double lynch: phantom and his ego
Seconded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Now onto logistics...if I'm right (which I may well not be), there's only Shelob right now, and someone who will turn into a spider come Nightfall. (Unless she started out with a fully-fledged spider, and I think that was dependant on how many people. I'm guessing based on the numbers that it's a Bitten, not a Fledged - this may be wildly inaccurate.) If we kill the Bitten, would it show up as a spider, or as an innocent?
I can't find the answer to either of those in the Admin thread. Perhaps our Moddess would be so good as to clarify?

Btw– fledged? You mean like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom
Laurab2333 is suspicious, seeing as I don't recall her joining (was it by PM or something?)
Sally, you...er... couldn't possibly have signed up a spambot, could you? Just wondering.

EDIT: X'd with Sally.

Last edited by Nerwen; 05-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #24
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay- so here's a nice little list of important facts.

SHELOB & MINIONS
  • Shelob attempts to sting each night
  • person she stings knows they're stung, but can't tell
  • the following night they join her side and can converse with her, but not other minions
  • Shelob can't reveal minions to each other
  • Shelob stung someone during Night 1
  • Stinging Sam does nothing
  • Shelob death = game over
  • Shelob + minions greater than innocents = game over

SAM
  • picks someone to protect from stinging each night
  • picks someone to cure from sting after each night
  • cannot be stung
  • loses power the night after Frodo dies
  • if he picks Frodo as cure-pick after Frodo stung, Shelob loses a night sting and Frodo & Sam can talk

DOCTOR
  • examines someone each night, can tell if they've been stung, but not role

FRODO
  • dies night after he is stung
  • can converse with Sam if Sam picks him as his bite-cure target
  • if picked by Sam for bite-cure, Shelob does nothing the next night and Sam does nothing the night after that
  • Frodo lynch makes Sam do nothing the next night

RULES IN GENERAL
  • You can NOT retract votes.
  • Double-plus & highlight all votes
  • If vote is a tie, NO ONE is lynched
  • If stung, your vote has a 50% chance of not counting the next day
  • No reveals or fake reveals
Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #25
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
There shall be NO reveals, false or otherwise.
I reveal... That it's dark, and I'm very much afraid. Will someone hold my hand? No eight-legged creatures, please.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #26
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So, since we can never clear anyone based on how they've acted in the past (because they could have been stung in the meantime), we're going to have to rely a lot more on looking at how people's behavior changes each Day than how it fits together throughout the game in its entirety. So this game especially, it's really, really important for people to talk a lot on Day 1, and even if we don't accomplish anything, lay down a basic standard for comparing behavior the next Day. After all, only one person is evil toDay. Every Day after this, there's only going to be more. And, if we play our cards right, we could be able to tell who's switching sides mid-game.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #27
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
After all, only one person is evil toDay. Every Day after this, there's only going to be more. And, if we play our cards right, we could be able to tell who's switching sides mid-game.
This is true, but keep in mind that in our search for Spiderlings we may in fact be deciding which person not to lynch, because- if an individual is clearly a spiderling then that person is clearly not Shelob.

Basically, I'm wondering if we should treat the lynching of Spiderlings as a happy mistake (i.e. never purposefully lynch them). Shelob is the target. Always. The identification of spiderlings is only helpful in so much as it may offer a window into Shelob's thinking, or perhaps if we're lucky the Spiderling may have supported Shelob on the thread.

Without reveals or a true wolf-pack this thing has the potential to be extremely random. What if Shelob purposefully stings people that seem to already be on her side? That would negate any switching, and any support offered her would not smell of spiders due to the support starting at a point too early for that person to have been a minion at the time.

Ah, and it seems we have a Lhuna. I find that extremely suspicious in light of my prediction that she would be modfired for non-participation. Not to mention she seems to be engaged in a bit of fishing, if you see what I mean. The fiend!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #28
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

*yawn*

It's late. Bed. I'll be around for the final six hours or so.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #29
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Basically, I'm wondering if we should treat the lynching of Spiderlings as a happy mistake (i.e. never purposefully lynch them). Shelob is the target. Always. The identification of spiderlings is only helpful in so much as it may offer a window into Shelob's thinking, or perhaps if we're lucky the Spiderling may have supported Shelob on the thread.
The game is over if we lynch Shelob, yes. But it's also over if the Spiders outnumber the Innocents. Lynching the Spiderlings would buy us more time. If we don't know who Shelob is, I'd be more comfortable lynching someone who looks like a Spiderling than taking a shot in the dark, hoping to find Shelob.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #30
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Ah, and it seems we have a Lhuna. I find that extremely suspicious in light of my prediction that she would be modfired for non-participation.
So much for having an accurate list.

Quote:
Not to mention she seems to be engaged in a bit of fishing, if you see what I mean. The fiend!
I have every right to be afraid, after all this is my first game in around two years (I think). And it's dark. And there's a giant spider somewhere. Have I mentioned it's dark?

If you ask me, I think sally just wants to be entertained, so we should just lynch those who do not pull their weight in that department.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #31
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow....I was really hoping for a little more while I was sleeping and now I can't even stick around to really get any ball rolling as I have to leave for work. I'll be back in eightish hours when I will HAVE to vote as I have rehearsal tonight and will miss DL if I don't. Sorry guys, see you all later!

PS: As weird as this is and all bantering aside, I'm actually inclined to keep phantom around for a little while. His actions seem genuine....for the time being.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #32
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Fact - Phantom is a ladykiller.

Fact - there are more than two females playing.

Fact - it is dark and spooky.

Correlation - Phantom will want to hold all the girls' hands (see Fact 3).

Fact - humans have two hands.

Fact - spiders have X arms, where X is 8 minus the number of legs any cruel schoolchildren have pulled off of them.

Assumption - Shelob eats schoolchildren.

Correlation - Shelob will have X legs, where X > 2 (and is most likely 8).

Fact - a human being with 2 hands can not hold the hands of X females, where X > 2.

Therefore, Phantom is Shelob. Game over.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #33
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
So.... yeah. I'm dead soon.
But, but, I've only just caught a bad case ...this is not fair!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #34
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
The game is over if we lynch Shelob, yes. But it's also over if the Spiders outnumber the Innocents. Lynching the Spiderlings would buy us more time. If we don't know who Shelob is, I'd be more comfortable lynching someone who looks like a Spiderling than taking a shot in the dark, hoping to find Shelob.
Agreed. And tp, even if it weren't the case that Spiderlings count for the... er.... colony(?), what you're saying would be no different from the old "don't lynch cobblers" argument, anyway.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #35
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Start of today we have Shelob and a spiderling, yes?

Because I also recall our dear modSally saying if we lynch Shelob early enough, than the spiderling will become the new Shelob anyway.

I'm not sure there would be a way to differentiate between spiderling and Shelob either. Also, spiderlings won't know eachother, they will only be in communication with Shelob.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #36
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I think this is sensible. But no songs, Lottie? I'm inclined to be suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Fact - Phantom is a ladykiller.

Fact - there are more than two females playing.

Fact - it is dark and spooky.

Correlation - Phantom will want to hold all the girls' hands (see Fact 3).

Fact - humans have two hands.

Fact - spiders have X arms, where X is 8 minus the number of legs any cruel schoolchildren have pulled off of them.

Assumption - Shelob eats schoolchildren.

Correlation - Shelob will have X legs, where X > 2 (and is most likely 8).

Fact - a human being with 2 hands can not hold the hands of X females, where X > 2.

Therefore, Phantom is Shelob. Game over.
Makes perfect sense to me! Get the fiend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Because I also recall our dear modSally saying if we lynch Shelob early enough, than the spiderling will become the new Shelob anyway.
Our odds of getting Schlob today are pretty slim, but that's a good point.

I have no idea at all who I might vote for at this time. I'm hoping our current four non-appearers will show up soon. Looking at you, Nog! Submarine!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #37
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I'm here, and will be here randomly for about the next 3 hours, and then that's it. Today wasn't the best day for me for us to start (yesterday would have been better), but oh well. Day 2 will be far better I think. (I have 3 jobs, I'm a busy girl, but I couldn't pass up this game and desperately needed WW time).

Alright so as it stands right now we have the Evil Spider Lady and she's stung someone (who knows they've been stung) and Sammy has a chance to save them today, if he fails then that person is a spawn by the end of the Night. And if we get lucky enough to lynch Shelob today then this person will become the new Shelob. If we lynch the person who is currently stung we can be half happy, partly happy because they were almost a baddie, partly sad because they were technically not yet a baddie. Lynching anyone else would be bad.

It's really different having only 1 person we want to kill, because we can't really look at how people interact with each other (atleast not on day 1 when she's still alone). Atleast when there's 3 wolves we might be able to spot them because they seem too chummy with each other, but in this case Shelob can way more easily blend in.

I think in the long run the best way to get her will be to see who some people are defending (but those people aren't necessarily defending each other). What I mean is that if A, B and C are all defending D, but A, B and C aren't really paying attention to each other, than D could be Shelob and A, B and C could be spawn. They want to be sure she stays alive, but they also want to keep themselves alive, and they'll actually probably be trying to spot each other to make sure the other spawn survive as well, since there needs to be a lot of them for them to win.

Now if Shelob attacks Sam nothing happens (are we told when this happens? and are we informed each time Sam is successful or each time a new spawn is created? I would assume so), so basically Shelob will now know who Sam is and will try to get him lynched (or she'll get her spawn to try to get him lynched). But then if we lynch Sam and realise who he is, I would say we go after whoever originally wanted him to be lynched, especially if we've recently been informed that no one was successfully bitten recently.

Wow, this game is confusing (but awesome). Anyway, I need to go for a bit, I'll be back very soon, and will have to vote quite early. (it will probably be random)

x'ed with Inzil
Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

the moddess entertains

If you don't want to die, go watch this now. I will know if you have. There are dire consequences for not watching.

Seriously. You will be SO lame. Do you really want that?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #39
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm hoping our current four non-appearers will show up soon. Looking at you, Nog! Submarine!
Fair enough.

I actually do hate the games where people change from goodies to baddies as it makes any decent and / or consistent analysis more or less impossible. Also having only one "real baddie" seems like a challenge. I think wilwa has a good point in suggesting we look for those who defend someone without especially defending each other. But then again - and that being said - Shelob may wish to give her minions different orders as to avoid that kind of attention. Although that is something we probably should consider seriously on D3 or 4 the earliest.

But my two cents at this point would be that Shelob would probably like to avoid attention in the first place (yeah, everyone plays by their own style but still). Ergo, I would be less interested in people who give rise to controversies than those who seem like especially trying to avoid them. At least to begin with.

Okay. I have to go now but I should be able to give this a more decent go a bit later toDay.

Sally: where was the pizza?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #40
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Sally: where was the pizza?
More importantly, where were the d20s?

In case anyone's interested, I totally selected roles by rolling a d12 for everyone.