Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #3361
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Me, too. It seems to me Eodwine has a lot of stubbornness to wade throgh today.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #3362
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Indeed, to both of you, Foley & Lhuna. But I don't like to double post so somebody needs to write something so I can again.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #3363
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh! Why you! It's a bribe, or at least a threat! Sneaky, sneaky.

-- Folwren
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #3364
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Woah, Elempi, you double posted. I really did mean to post. I honestly haven't been writing unless forced recently, because I don't have that much sit-down time. I maybe can post later this afternoon, though.

-- Folwren
Old 08-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #3365
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Woah, Elempi, you double posted. I really did mean to post. I honestly haven't been writing unless forced recently, because I don't have that much sit-down time. I maybe can post later this afternoon, though.

-- Folwren
Well, a 3 day wait was long enough. It's Saturday, I actually have more time ... and we'll have to see about Garreth's new "issues".
Old 08-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #3366
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, I know, I feel bad about the three day wait.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #3367
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

You should. You're a bad bad person. And you're a bad bad co-rpg writer. You owe me bunches of posts.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #3368
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I thought I could feel some frustration seeping out from the monitor as I read that second post...

I love it, Elempi. Eodwine, you rock.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #3369
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I thought I could feel some frustration seeping out from the monitor as I read that second post...

I love it, Elempi. Eodwine, you rock.
Thanks, Lhuna. Eodwine thanks you, too. Whose frustration, if I may ask, was doing the seeping?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #3370
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
You should. You're a bad bad person. And you're a bad bad co-rpg writer. You owe me bunches of posts.
Bunches of posts? What bunches of posts would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elempi
Thanks, Lhuna. Eodwine thanks you, too. Whose frustration, if I may ask, was doing the seeping?
Garreth's. He needs some girl to come knock him over the head for dissing their entire sex so thoroughly. Not really, but he sure is embittered towards them.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #3371
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The problem is, I don't know what to post. Anybody want to interract with any of my characters?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #3372
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Bunches of posts? What bunches of posts would that be?
Just one, really.
Quote:
The problem is, I don't know what to post. Anybody want to interract with any of my characters?
Hmm.... I am detecting a sort of apartheid of the sexes at Scarburg, or else the men and women characters would be interacting more readily. How did this happen?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #3373
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Hmm.... I am detecting a sort of apartheid of the sexes at Scarburg, or else the men and women characters would be interacting more readily. How did this happen?
what do you mean?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #3374
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
what do you mean?
I mean that Eodwine and Thornden are the only two male characters that have had anything to say/do with the female characters in the last who knows how many posts. There used to be a lot of interaction between male and female characters - now it's rare.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #3375
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Thanks, Lhuna. Eodwine thanks you, too.
Me? What does he have to thank me for?

Edit: OH. Right. You're both welcome. I'm sorry, I've been a teeny bit slow on the uptake the whole day. (A doctor even grabbed me by the arms and rocked me back and forth a few times this afternoon for asking a rather stupid question. )

Quote:
Whose frustration, if I may ask, was doing the seeping?
Yours. I could imagine you thinking as you posted, "I can't believe these writers have let me down and allowed me to double post."

Quote:
Actually... I don't know why, but I think Ginna wants to talk to Garreth. I swear, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what goes on in the mind of that crazy woman.

Edit: Ginna wants to clarify. She doesn't really want to talk talk, but she thinks it would be interesting if they had a chance encounter and got to talk to each other a bit.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-22-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #3376
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I could imagine you thinking as you posted, "I can't believe these writers have let me down and allowed me to double post."
Ohhhhh, I can imagine it all right.

Quote:
Actually... I don't know why, but I think Ginna wants to talk to Garreth. I swear, sometimes I have absolutely no idea what goes on in the mind of that crazy woman.

Edit: Ginna wants to clarify. She doesn't really want to talk talk, but she thinks it would be interesting if they had a chance encounter and got to talk to each other a bit.
Elempi would like that.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #3377
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Elempi would like that.
You two should definitely do that. It'd be fun.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #3378
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
LMP, this is from your last post:

"Hear hear!" said Frodo, raising his pipe as if it were a pint of mead.

Does anyone else see the problem here?
Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #3379
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

And to think I reread that post, too! Oops. I'll fix. Wow. Gotta be really careful when reading BD posts via email - I actually unsubscribed by accident. Shee!

Fixed. And to think that I was even picturing Falco when I wrote "Frodo"!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #3380
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Two out of four letters isn't bad, really.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:33 AM   #3381
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Two out of four letters isn't bad, really.
Hee hee!

Good to see you back in it, Gwath.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #3382
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
"Well, I am back."

Whoa, I see people have indeed been busy. I see I need to catch up with what has been happening... but nonetheless, I am saying this just to mark that I should be able to participate again, so just as soon as I catch up with the situation, I can join the fray... (unless somebody wanted to give me a short short version so that I know what's going on right now, but I think I'll want to read stuff by myself anyway)

But it's nice that - it seems to me - several people who haven't been around for a while have returned here as well, that's great! (Hi there, Gwath, Lhuna!)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #3383
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow, Gwathagor! You're back. I'm glad to see you've returned.

Hi, Legate, I'm excited to see you back in the writing mood again. I could tell you what has transpired, but I'm not sure where you left. I'll look into that and then let you know, if I have any computer time today.

Elempi, I'm aware you told my sister last night or something that I still owe you a post....sorry...still haven't got any ideas about what to write.

And I didn't notice that Frodo made an unexpected appearance in Scarburg. That could've been fun.

-- Folwren
Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #3384
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Hi, Legate, I'm excited to see you back in the writing mood again. I could tell you what has transpired, but I'm not sure where you left. I'll look into that and then let you know, if I have any computer time today.
That's very kind of you, but you don't have to, Foley I basically need to catch up with everything since Eodwine and Saeryn met when he was arriving, but I am starting with it just now... let's see how much I manage in one reading... so more like, I might be interested if there are any hidden agendas brewing in the background, something that won't be apparent from the game thread itself...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 AM   #3385
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I need to get Scyld back into action as well... time for him to go stir something up with someone, I guess. Anyone interested?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #3386
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I can see Crabannan and Garreth developing a gruff amicability...
Quote:
I need to get Scyld back into action as well... time for him to go stir something up with someone, I guess. Anyone interested?
I s'pose there's always Rowenna, but we may want to save that for later.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #3387
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
I can see Crabannan and Garreth developing a gruff amicability...
Yeah, I could see that.

Also, conflict! More conflict!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #3388
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
let's see how much I manage in one reading... so more like, I might be interested if there are any hidden agendas brewing in the background, something that won't be apparent from the game thread itself...
Crabannan may have deserted from the Rohirrim (under what circumstances, I can't recall) and he also seems to think he recognizes Hilderinc from that period.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #3389
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
If there's nobody better, Hilderinc could possibly serve that purpose as well. Maybe also him being the quieter type, Scyld won't be as much afraid of exposing himself, as he seems to with most people (to be honest, I don't have much of a clear picture of Scyld's character, but then I think I got the main point and anyway, maybe I don't need to know more than my characters do. Or if I do, I can always be informed by you or something).

That said, I am still only a bit more than halfway through of what had happened since Eodwine's arrival, but it seems to be very entertatining this far And unless there comes something totally groundbreaking in the last couple of posts, I think Hilderinc will be ready to face anybody approaching him or whatever. (And if nobody wants to approach him after all, then I will probably post for him myself anyway, after I finish reading the rest of the posts, hopefully by tomorrow.)

Quote:
Crabannan may have deserted from the Rohirrim (under what circumstances, I can't recall) and he also seems to think he recognizes Hilderinc from that period.
Oh yes, I see. I recall Crabannan thinking some stuff about his past earlier and somesuch (Hilderinc himself considers Crabannan rather mysterious, as much as I recall, and Crabannan seemed to avoid discussion with him several times, even though it might have been just a set of coincidences). Whatever - if you ever wish to elaborate on that, though, we can just double-check that you are not "off" of Hilderinc's past timeline or such (I can brief you more about that, if need be). But it's no big matter, I assume. And of course in case of conflict of data we can always say that memory is faulty, or that it wasn't Hilderinc at all whom Crabannan remembers.

Actually, my question was not exactly aimed at this, really, as I posted it before I have read the thread, it was more like a preemptive question in case some event or clash or whatever was expected or debated in the discussion thread, yet not mentioned on the game thread itself (as I am not really planning to go through all the discussion posts I've missed) - just so that I won't be surprised if something important happened.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #3390
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Yeah, I don't know whether or not it will turn into anything. But there it is.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #3391
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know whether or not it will turn into anything. But there it is.
Yes, that's what it more or less seemed to me as well. So whether, whenever, it's all up to you.

I'm still rather amused at the dramas taking place in Scarburg as I read the thread, getting just better and better I pity I haven't been present when it all was happening.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #3392
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Legate - here's a rundown on Scyld for you:

I originally created him for an RPG called Abduction in Edoras, which was a side-RPG to the original Eorling Meadhall thread in which one of the Meadhall characters, Linduial, was abducted because of her status as Gondorian nobility. Her abductor was a man named Sorn, who was the original landholder of the Scarburg lands. Scyld was a lackey of his, you might say - sort of a jack-of-all-trades servingman, and one of Linduial's jailors.

Scyld had a tough life - his father basically sold him to Sorn because of debt, and Sorn wasn't a terribly nice person. Understandably, he had (has) some trust issues and a fairly large collection of unsavory skills, but Linduial won him over enough that Scyld ended up helping her escape. Although she promised him pardon for his role in her kidnapping, he didn't trust the Rohan authorities enough to go with her.

But when he found out that the Eorl's seat was moving from Edoras to the newly-named Scarburg, his curiosity got the best of him to find out just what these people were like that Linduial was so fond of. So he took on an assumed name (since he didn't know if Linduial may have mentioned him at some point) and has been living at Scarburg for... five months maybe? He arrived shortly after the hall moved to Scarburg.

So you can see why he'd be pretty reluctant to let his true identity be known, being a fugitive and all that. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure what work still needs doing at the hall, but maybe Scyld and one or more of the other characters looking for interaction (Hilderinc, Quin, Crabannan) could get involved in the same task?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3393
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I'm not sure what work still needs doing at the hall, but maybe Scyld and one or more of the other characters looking for interaction (Hilderinc, Quin, Crabannan) could get involved in the same task?
Good thought. I had an idea that we might write some about some building project going on, but I didn't know what stuff of interest would happen there.

-- Folwren
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #3394
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thanks for the info on Scyld, Firefoot! That was very helpful. And so now I assume everyone knows him only as this "Nydfara", right?

And as for the idea of making people interact during some task, I agree.

Quote:
Good thought. I had an idea that we might write some about some building project going on, but I didn't know what stuff of interest would happen there.

-- Folwren
Didn't somebody just mention (as I was reading through the thread, this "just" could mean more than a month ago, but anyway) that there isn't a place for the sheep in Scarburg? Maybe that's something that could be done (especially with winter coming).
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #3395
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Yep, Scyld's only known as Nydfara.

A sheep shelter sounds good to me. I'll try to work on a post later on today.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #3396
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Post up. Scyld's directly addressed Quin, but, Legate, feel free to interrupt...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #3397
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Since Foley hadn't posted, I "chimed in". Anybody can pick up on where I left the conversation (be it Quin, or Scyld again, or whatever... I think I have left something to which people can react).
Old 08-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #3398
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Legate. I'm glad you posted. I've been too busy to write much. I hope that now, in the next 30 minutes before class starts, I can write a post.

-- Foley
Old 08-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #3399
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Eodwine, I put some words in Rowenna's mouth. Let me know if I should change anything.

Almost class time, I must run. I'll post for Quin later, either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully.

-- Folwren
Old 08-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #3400
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Eodwine, I put some words in Rowenna's mouth. Let me know if I should change anything.
I am LMP or Elempi, Foley.

Funny post. I'll wait a while before I write one to follow it. I need the time to think through how Eodwine would perceive her strange behavior.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-29-2011 at 04:26 PM.