The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #641
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well that's just depressing. Three innocents (well, as far as orcs can be) cursed by unknown forces? What's going on?

I'm just going to reread the Day before I comment any further, and hopefully make that vote-list.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #642
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Right. I've had a quick look at Nerwen. This is not a proper analysis as I will not even try to report everything she's posted (that would be insane with her over sixty posts). I'm only bringing out a few points from Days 1 and 2 that I found worth notice.

Day 1: Spends most of her time questioning Lottie and phantom, mainly on the subject of phantom and whether or not it makes sense to vote him for rep. (Her almost full concentration on that issue would be eyebrow-raising if it wasn't for the fact that everyone else was doing it too.) Votes Lommy for rep.
Quote:
The way phantom keeps changing his mind about what his "ploy" was supposed to accomplish (sorry, don't have time to quote now) is quite eyebrow-raising, but unless he does something impossibly Elfish, he's pretty safe from the lynch toDay (with his three votes). And Lottie is puzzling me quite a lot. But then, in the opposite corner, there is also Boro– it's true he's being strange too, though I'd want to see more of him.

Oh, and Mirandir. Her vote was weird.
What gave me a pause here are her really careful choices of words: Boro ”strange”, Lottie ”puzzling”, Mira's vote ”weird”. It would be really convenient for an elf, especially one who is a rep, to voice her suspicions in a way that enables "logical" reactions both ways; looking back on these, it would be as consistent to say "see, I suspected him/her already then!" or "I only found him/her odd, that doesn't equal suspicious." I might really be just reading too much into them though..

She then considers lynching either Boro or one of the phantom-supporters. Votes:
Quote:
Arrrgh. My internet is showing signs of imminent death. So much as I'd like to chew the fat of who-knows-what-creature with my fellow politigoblins, I'm going to have to vote now.

++Boro for the lynch
++Sally for the lynch.
The vote situation at the time was as follows:
Lottie (3)
Sally (2)
so after her vote it was:
Lottie (3)
Sally (3)
Boro (1)

What interests me here is why she voted Sally instead of Lottie. She said this toDay:
Quote:
For my part, I thought it would be a good idea to lynch one of them, and I didn't really care which.
If you really didn't care which, wouldn't it have made more sense to give the vote to Lottie who was on the lead, ensuring that one of them did indeed end up lynched? Of course, even with the situation she created (Lottie and Sally in a draw, Boro with two votes less - and the general atmosphere quite anti-Sally&Lottie) it looked quite probable that one of them indeed ends up lynched. Still, why not strive to make it sure if it really made no difference to her?

Day 2: Says, twice, that Izzy was the one she expected to find dead. My initial thought was that an elf would never ever say that. My second one was that a cunning one might, if only to create a sense of there being nothing to analyse in the Night-kill. Hmm. Still, I'm more inclined to find this particular comment innocentish.

She then proceeds to question phantom about his so-called Seer-reveal, and ends up having a rather long and heated argument with him about it. While I agree with her that the matter certainly needed to be discussed, the extent to which she takes it looks a bit suspicious. The elves don't want the village to analyse them. So what better a way to distract everyone than turn all attention on the phantom? Of course such a big argument is bound to draw some attention to herself as well, but in rather a safer way than the regular analysing and moderately suspecting different people.

Votes Shasta for representative. No surprises there.

On the second half of Day 2 she provides a sharp analysis on Sally, Lottie and phantom. Also analyses Wilwa:
Quote:
Comments: Wilwa posts a lot without saying much; general tone of breathless gaiety is reminiscent of her wolf-style; only starts suspecting Lottie when the latter is clearly in trouble. So yeah, she might be a wolf– but surely only if Sally isn't, because otherwise voting them both would be an insane risk.
Conclusions? Nerwen has kind of slipped under my radar before this - or rather, I pay attention to her posts and actions but forget to consider her alignment and motives. Trying to do so has resulted in her getting to a "leaning evil" -category. The problem is, most of what she does would make sense as both innocent and elf. (Captain Obvious! Yay!) I hope she'll be around to answer a few questions before I need to vote, otherwise I might really be tempted to vote her.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #643
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So, Rune:

1) Banter. Says we should make phantom work for attention.

2) Likes Legate and Lommy. Legate for sound reasoning and Lommy for being bitter and twisted. A cross Lommy has previously meant a wolvish Lommy, but that's to me, might not be to Rune.

3) Indeed he says that he doesn't think Lommy evil.

4) Votes Lommy Rep. Fair enough given he's focused on her in the last two posts and considers her innocent as a result.

5) 'Here' post.

6) Playing hinting games with phantom about possibly being an SoE ... 'a product of certain historical events'. This is the second time he said this. Maybe that's what was prickling at me.

7) Arguing about not limiting power for Reps. Voting for beliefs is actually pretty much what the Reps have done anyway so this post was a little worried-about-nothing but then he didn't know that at the time.

8) Said Boro's change of playing style didn't feel natural, was surprised at his actions. We know Boro to be innocent now so could be a wolf pushing suspicion at Boro. Likes Foley, Legate (consistent) and Nog. Suspicious of Glirdan, again we now know he's innocent, and Greenie and Eonwe for not committng themselves.

9) 'Gone' post.

10) Continued to argue against Boro.

11) Thought about voting for someone hard to read. Thinks phantom is not particularly suspicious. If evil, and mates with phantom, could be trying to protect him. But of course could be innocent and accidentally defending an Elf or innocent and defending an innocent! Yet another case where only death makes it clear.

12) Defended wilwa, whom we know was innocent, and mentions he supports double lynches.

13) Thinks it unlikely sally would be an Elf given Lottie was one, but says it wouldn't be impossible. Pretty much what everyone was thinking at that point.

14) Replying to Nerwen saying while you might get one bold SoE on day 1 you're unlikely to get two working as a team.

15) List post. Suspects Greenie, Glirdan and sally. So two the same and sally almost an afterthought as he wasn't convinced she'd be an SoE given Lottie was. Maybe he thought she was the Undecided Orc? If considering Rune to be an Elf, I would wonder about his opinions on Eonwe. Think it's a little odd he mentioned voting him as Rep when he's in the 'no idea' list not the 'feeling alright' list.

16) Votes Eonwe.

17) 'Here' post.

18) Understands the lynch though he wouldn't have gone for those people first. Well wilwa was not in his suspicions list so fine, sally was but was third so fair enough. Thinks Foley did fine.

19) Answers Greenie about his 'hope this isn't suspicious' joke.

20) Volunteers himself for Rep.

21) Says he'd have voted for Mira for being puzzling. Hmm, maybe this was it. I think I wondered why he said this when he'd had two people down as suspicious and neither of them was Mira.

22) Then says he's looked at Mira's posts and found nothing suspicious. All seemed a little odd.

23) Now Celuien has suddenly popped up as suspicious. Says she defended sally and Lottie and attacked Boro instead. Umm, Rune also suspected Boro that Day ... though dropped that before Day's end. Heard nothing more about Greenie or Glirdan in this time who were on his actual suspect list.

24) Looked at Inzil, feels he's suspicious but found no reasoning.

25) Said he'd like to see me as Rep. Votes for me.

26) Defends his vote.

27) Says he won't vote phantom or Lommy, and will look at Nerwen, Greenie and Shasta. Well he's looking at the village pretty thoroughly then.

So:
Think I figured out that uneasy feeling. It's the way he mentions suspects and then seems to totally discard them. Greenie and Glirdan from the first Day for example.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #644
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Are any of my fellow reps around? If so, who are you considering for toDay's lynch? (I have no interest in this ending up a four-way draw or something like that.)

EDIT: x-ed with Kath
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #645
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ah, now why Steve?
While I have some time, let's look at Steve.

Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
So, I was trying to read everything posted before I did, but it seems like I'm trying to climb to the top of an ever-growing mountain.

That would be like holding the record for the longest jump on the Moon- totally irrelevant. In fact, let's make it a Day 1 first and totally ignore phantom for a whole Day... well, actually, it's too late for that now that he's been voted in, but we should've.

Well, he only made that promise after you voted for him. Innocent mistake or a sneaky Elvish excuse for justifying voting phantom?

If he acted (even remotely) consistently (other than attention-seeking, of course), he wouldn't be the phantom. Or of course, he could double bluff and just be hinting to the Sons of Elrond that he's the Undecided so that they don't kill him (yet). Or he could begin pretending to hint to them to save himself. Or... well... there's too many possibilities. We'll just have to see what happens.

I agree with you about it being a bad idea, but you can't deny that it would be quite interesting.

"Hearts"? What are we, Elves? *Punches playfully in the face*

It's true. People seem to tend to lose steam about half way through the second half of the Day.

Definitely. This makes Inzil look good. Though, on the other hand, few votes means that the Elves can monopolise the voting.

Have you ever spoken to an angry wolf?

It would be quite funny if they were just playing with us like that, wouldn't it?

Really? We just get 24 hours as usual. Of course, the "I didn't have time to read the thread so I won't comment at all" excuse is more likely to disappear.

Also, an interesting thing would be to see what happens if the Undecided becomes a Rep toDay... er... toOrcWakingCycle.
First post, responding to various people. The second and third snippets are directed at Lottie. In the second, he brings up the idea that Lottie could have been trying to justify her Elvish self for voting tp. He wasn't the first one to question Lottie's vote, certainly, but he does leave it open for an innocent interpretation also.
He also there agrees with me about it being better to not vote for rep than make one at random.

Quote:
You can have some of this one *hands Boro a few scattered vertebrae*

I don't like this at all. All this talk about power makes you seem like you're trying to sh

And what about the other options? For example, not basing our Day around the phantom and actually trying to catch some elves. Isn't that what we're trying to do? It's much too early to be turning this into a power-contest, especially since all of us (save five) know nothing, and really have nothing to base anything on.

Also, you speak as if the phantom is on his own team, and, while it is true that it might seem as such, in the end he will b helping one team to win. All this talk of "appeasing" him is pointless- we shouldn't have to bribe him onto our side. If he's an Elf, then he'll just be pretending to be, and if he's an orc then he already should be. And if it's power he wants, he should be the one that has to work to convince us of his innocence.

And finally, this:

So this is basically a case of saying "See, I could be a good representative *hint hint*, but look, I'm voting Lommy for the same job, so it doesn't look like I'm advocating myself too much, and it looks like I'd rather have someone else in charge instead because I 'think' she might be better than me, though I'll still do the job if you rally want me." Or at least, that' what it would mean if you're sneakily trying to get voted for rep, though you could still be innocent and trying to gain power.

I know this post is totally focused on Boro's, but it just seemed wrong in so many ways!

This, on the other hand I kind of agree with:

I.e., we've been so focused on phantom, that we haven't even discussed other candidates or possible voting strategies, and by that I mean whether we want many 'weak' representatives (in which case we might as well just be a normal village), or a few 'powerful' representatives (which is much more risky because one of them could be a wolf, but could also be a strong force for good), or perhaps a mix (which is probably what will happen. But would that be good?
This was in response to Boro, and Steve doesn't appear to care for Boro's words, aside from agreeing that all focus shouldn't be on tp.

Quote:
I'm going to need to go soon, but I'm considering choosing Legate or Zil as rep. Possibly Lommy, if she can convince me, but that would be a bit too much of an anti-phantom move, which is just as bad as the original pro-phantom move at the beginning of the Day.
Looking at Legate, me, or Lommy for rep.

Quote:
Though I have to admit that it's Boro that turned voting Lommy into a purely anti-phantom move. So maybe he's trying to make us not vote too anti-phantom (seems the general consensus these days, which makes it a bit of a bangwaggon) and vote him instead, who he portrays as the second best anti-phantomer. Or maybe I'm just reading reading Boro all wrong. I don't know if he'd be that obvious. But if I'm not, I definitely don't like what he's doing by trying to manipulate the Day (maybe even more than the phantom).

In fact, because of him, the anti-phantom bandwaggon now almost seems worse to me than the pro-phantom bandwaggon at the beginning. Or maybe he's just trying to make it seem that way.

And if both Boro and phantom are wolves...
Thinks Boro is trying to make an "anti-phantom bandwaggon, which Steve doesn't care for.

Quote:
Yes, contest. And with no personal gain whatsoever.

Though that was a kind of clever way to stop so many people voting for you so soon, wasn't it?
Some questioning of tp.

Quote:
Considering voting for rep:
Legate
Zil
Greenie

Also look quite good:
Foley
Lommy

THE CENTRE OF ATTENTION:
The Phantom

Will not vote:
Boro (I have no idea about his alignment, but I don't like his whole "I'll negate phantom" thing)

I'm not sure about other people yet.
No longer considering Lommy for rep (because of Boro?), but still thinks she 'looks quite good'. Won't vote Boro because of his anti-tp platform.

Quote:
Actually, I'm not sure about Zil. His not voting point seemed good at first, but it may well be something that could help the Elves. Then again, it seemed well-meaning at the time. He was also the first person to suggest not voting, which might be something too obvious for a wolf. Though he may have just been trying to lure unsuspecting innocents (or at least, true orcs) to agree with him, and therefore make them look suspicious (and if someone didn't vote for this reason, would also mean less orc-votes). On the other hand, it seems more to me like he's advocating thinking/waiting until people have actually started posting before voting (instead of doing a Sally), which is just reasonable.

In any case, even if there is a chance he's evil, it might be a good idea to vote him in as a representative to force him out of the shadows (both literally and figuratively).
Changes his mind about whether I or tp was right about the rep-voting deal. Seems rather flip-floppy here overall, and says I should be considered for rep.

Quote:
So it's good to vote randomly because having an SoE as a rep this early is useful later, but also because you're less likely to get one?
Then goes back to questioning tp about the latter's statement that one is more likely to vote an SoE the longer one waits (writer's note- )

Quote:
It does, but then what's the point of having representatives if you're just effectively shrinking the village to half its size?
In response to Wilwa. Honestly, I don't quite get what she was talking about, but it's after lunch and I'm a bit sleepy.

Quote:
I think they'll probably want to be reps as late in the game as possible. However obvious that may sound, my point is that on Day 2, the reps will be under less scrutiny than on Day 1, and so on, because there will be more other things to go on (in terms of suspicion). So, as well as being more important later on, I think the Elves will want to reps later because they'll have less focus on them.
Thinks the SoE's would rather be reps later than sooner, because they'd be under more scrutiny later on. I see his point, but to me nothing's as concrete for analysis as people's votes.

Quote:
Well, out of Legate and Greenie, I'm going to vote

[highlight++Greenie[/highlight

Because I like her reasoning and don't think that she's evil.
Votes Greenie for rep, who he'd replaced Lommy with in his top choices.

Quote:
Why is everyone focusing on either giving the phantom power or negating him? can't we just treat him like a normal representative.

So here Inzil is basically repeating Boro's post about balancing phantom with others, even down to the same suggestion of people: Boro and Lommy. I don't know why, but I don't like the implications of this. Of course, he does also mention Wilwa, but he's still mentioning the same thing. If we make phantom the centre of the game we won't be able to catch any elves.
Seems a bit hypocritical, as he himself had made tp his main topic earlier.

Quote:
And since everyone's been commenting on it, I just want to say:
Basically, I hope that this was just a joke/spoof that your later comments were just a continuation. In my opinion, it is almost always better to wait (if possible) until people have actually posted before voting, so that you can see what you think of them.

Hm... It takes one to know one. The elves always accuse others of using "elf trick"s as you call them.
Defends Boro somewhat against tp.

Quote:
Not really, it just sounds like he wants a bit of excitement as opposed to boring, planned out rules for voting each Day. Basically, for everyone to vote what they want without having to think of tactics. Which would certainly make this game far more interesting (whether or not it decreases our chances of winning).

Now this is quite a good point.

But then, if they weren't evil, they'd just get Night-killed.

I didn't want to mention it, but if we do that then it's pretty obvious that if they're not evil they'll get Night-killed. Unless the Elves want to confuse us by not doing so.

Also, I'm not sure if the second "who" was meant to be a "we", but if it was, I just think that it will be very unlikely for us as a whole to reach a consensus on who is trustworthy (That's the whole point of having more than representative), and anyway, as I just said, they'd get quickly picked off by the wolves.

Isn't the Undecided Orc still a true orc even if he works for the elves? Just saying.

Something always happens on Day 1. It doesn't have to be two people voting within the first 20 posts on Day 1. And as you can see, that's kept the attention on them the whole Day (and you too, but I'm sure you enjoy that).
Responding to Izzy, Nog, Lottie and tp x 2. He notes to tp that the UoUA is still an Orc whoever he sides with.

Quote:
So, changes in how I view people:

Rune- looks generally innocent.
Shasta - Looks good now, but seemed a bit evil to me at first
Inzil - A few things every so often make me loose a little faith in his innocence, but he still seems good.
Nerwen - Looks very good- too good in fact. Especially since she seems to be jumping on the anti-phantom/Lottie logic bandwaggon
Legate- I like what he's saying, but he seems a bit unusual to me.
Wilwa- There's definitely something wrong here. A hint of Elvishness or something.
Izzy- Looks generally innocent but I don't agree with some of her logic.

And I still don't like Boro.

All other people are under my radar and/or should post more.

A few comments:

The fact that Boro (who I don't think looks innocent) suggested Lommy makes Lommy seem good, because firstly, it seems a little too obvious (trying to get a packmate voted as rep, an anti-phantom in this case); and secondly, she was already popular and looked good, so I think he just latched onto that because she's be an easy person to suggest as the anti-phantom).

The phantom actually doesn't look evil- I just disagree with most of what he's saying, and one of the problems is that it makes me feel like those against him are all good, even though I suspect some for other reasons. However, maybe he's trying to cause controversy to root out the elves. And anyway, it would be a bit pointless to lynch him toDay anyway, when we have nothing against him except his disagreeable posts that advocate/advertise voting for him.

Mira's vote: This is where Zil's "no vote is better than a pointless vote" comes in. What if (however unlikelily) the Seer had come out of hiding and declared phantom an elf. Votes like that would just be sentencing us to doom.

Another thing I've noticed is the phantom-Boro-Inzil triangle. Boro and Inzil attacks phantom, and Inzil even votes Boro for rep. I don't like it at all. It would be a great (and very bold) move for the elves to play.

I will be very annoyed if it turns out that phorc, Sally and Lottie are both Elves. As I believe Greenie said earlier, it's quite likely that one of the two (particularly Sally or Lottie) are wolves, as it would be an almost perfect disguise,

On that note, on the phantom and Lottie teamwork (trying to defend their side): they seem a bit too obvious to be elves, but that's exactly the sort of completely bold and reckless move the phantom would try.

Basically, if I were a rep, I think that I would definitely lynch Boro, but for some reason Izzy doesn't seem so benign to me now either.
Doesn't like Boro, and posits that he and I are Elves working in concert against tp. Thinks tp probably isn't evil, but says "those against him are all good". Even Boro and me? Also thinks either Sally and Lottie are wolves. Ends by saying he would lynch Boro, but doesn't like Izzy either.

Day 2

Quote:
I personally think that makes her more suspicious, because if she was an elf she'd be voting for her packmate, which makes her look better, but because she only used one vote out of the two, she could've just been trying to look good while not decisively trying to lynch her, which would be a good cover for an Elf.

Looks like you're trying too hard.

So that the wolves would think that.
Responding to tp x 2 and Nerwen.

Quote:
Basically, I'm not sure what to think about the phantom-Nerwen argument, but there's something about it that makes me think that they're both on the same side. Either they're fighting Orcs, or both very cunning Elves trying to dominate the Day by confusing all of us. And since they're both very experienced and cunning players, I wouldn't put it past either of them.

Though, obviously, the most probable option is that they're both Orcs that just don't agree (as we know happens so often).
Quote:
So phantom, why didn't you vote?

And saying "in order to allow Lottie to be lynched" is not a satisfactory answer. If you are an Orc and truly believed her to be an Elf, it would've made sense to vote her as well (though it might have looked as though you were an Elf just attaching yourself to her death which was already happening, but if you're an Orc then that shouldn't matter because it's more important to lynch Elves than save yourself from possible future accusations). And the other option would be to vote someone else, which would either be a throwaway vote (Which would look suspicious), or could take someone else down too (Which could also look suspicious, as though you want to take an innocent down as well as one of your fellows, if you were an Elf.)

Anyway, my point is that whatever you would've voted would've most likely been criticised or at least questioned in some way, but not voting at all is even worse, because it makes it look as if you don't want to do anything objectionable. It even looks- dare I say it- "careful".

So why choose to vote for no-one when as an innocent Orc it would've been better to vote for who you found suspicious (or at least attempt to get someone lynched)?

I actually suspect that if the phantom does have a special role, he's the Undecided Orc who decided to leave his record clean yesterDay so that he could choose without implications in the Night. And anyway, he's been trying to prove that he's innocent since the beginning, which would be beneficial to have the rest of us believe whatever role he chose to take.

Hm... this musing seems to have ended up a bit longer than expected, but still, "I thought it prudent to leave the lynch the way it was" is no excuse to just purposefully not commit yourself to a vote when you were chosen as a carrier of votes.
Questions tp about his failure to use his three votes Day 1. Posits tp could be UoUA who voted the way he did to "keep his hands clean". That certainly occurred to me as a possibility also.

Quote:
This is a very good point. He posted that after he knew that Lottie was lynched. And knowing the phantom, a stunt like that wouldn't be too unlikely if he felt in danger.

That seems about right.

They may have thought it would be a great way to deflect suspicion. It's so obviously suspicious that maybe the hoped that no-one would vote for them. Of course, if that was their plan, it failed miserably, but with one dying it would make the other seem less suspicious, which is why I think we definitely shouldn't cross Sally off the "Suspicious" list.
In the first bit he agrees with Legate about the possibility that a phantelf might have "revealed" after Lottie's fate was sealed to deflect some suspicion.

Quote:
Thank you those who have voted for me so far. Vote me for a change, for a new dawn... er... yeah. Anyway, I seem to have got something that's made the whole back of my palate swell up. So we'll see how I am tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to post more then.

As for who I want to vote as rep, I'm thinking either Legate or Inzil. Or maybe even Sally, just to see what she'd do. *Thinks* Well, maybe not.

Anyway, of the two above, since he already has a vote, I think I'll cement

highlight]++Legate[/highlight

as a representative.
Considers Legate, me, or Sally(?) for rep. Ends up with Legate.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I haven't had much of a chance to get online at all today, and when I have tried to go on this thread I had the time to do more than read.

I'm catching up now, but here are some of my thoughts so far:

Won't vote for:
Shasta- He seems to speak sense in an innocent way. Though I thought he was evil on early Day 1. I definitely need to reread his posts when I get a chance.
Lommy- Seems a little less innocent than yesterDay, but still makes sense and says a lot that I agree with.
Greenie- Not so sure about her. She felt very innocent yesterDay, but she doesn't so much toDay. She'll be another for me to reread.
Legate- He does seem a bit unclear/abstract at times, but I don't think he's evil.
Phantom- However much he's annoyed me, I can't actually see him being evil.
Inzil- I can never read him, but so far I can't see anything bad about him.
Rune- Just looks like he's having a bit of fun (and isn't that what this is about?), in an innocentish way.

Haven't seen enough:
Kath
Celuien
Mira

Foley- She's been around more than the ones above, but I can't really get a read on her yet.
Nog- See Foley, and he doesn't seem any more suspicious to me than usually does.

No idea (so most likely won't vote just yet):
Nerwen- Not sure whether I like or dislike her, but she's leaning innocent for now.

People who don't look so good:
Sally- As than the early rep-vote yesterDay, her responses just don't seem honest. However, because of the Lottie thing, I don't think she would be as likely to be an Elf, though there still is enough of a possibility for me to be willing to vote for her.
Wilwa- Everything she says makes me more convinced of her Elvishness. And she split her vote yesterDay when she could have used them both on Lottie, which seems like a very Elvsih thing to do, as I said earlier (She can cover herself by having voted an elf, but didn't use all her voting power to actually get her killed).

edit: fixed formatting and Xed with many (including 3 votes for Xed), though that doesn't matter since I haven't caught up fully anyway.
Quote:
Having just read Nerwen's Wilwa post and looked at the voting, I have to say that it's unlikely that my top two suspects are both Elves together. Wilwa's vote put both Lottie and Sally in first place, and though it would make her look really innocent if they both turn out to be Elves, I don't think they would have wanted us to find out that they were both Elves (i.e., by getting them lynched). So basically, unless Wilwa was playing extremely riskily, she and Sally probably aren't Elves together.

Which means that one of my choices probably isn't an Elf. And right now, I think that's more likely to be Sally.

So if nothing really happens soon my votes will probably be for Wilwa.
Intends to vote Wilwa.

Quote:
FOk, well I can't really see why Celuien is such a suspect now. I'll need to reread her again when I'm less tired, but from what I've seen so far she just doesn't seem really innocent in any way, but she doesn't really look evil either. And she hasn't really posted enough for me to judge her.

And as I said earlier, I'd rather vote Wilwa than Sally right now, so:

[highlight++Wilwa x2++[/highlight

And now it's up to Foley
Gives both votes to Wilwa.

Day 3

Quote:
Sorry everyone, I was going to write a list of all the votes so far and stuff, but I'm just exhausted and have a cold, so just a few comments from me.

As many have said so far, I don't really think we can blame Foley for the lynch. Most people (including me) seemed to be almost certain that one of the two would be evil (though the general consensus was that if one was; the other wasn't, I believe), and if one had been evil, a double lynch would have taken care of the problem. However, if we look at it positively, I think we would have wasted time toDay arguing over whether one of yesterDay's two lynchees (had one survived) was evil, since people suspected them for different reasons.

Also:

I almost had a heart attack when I read that.
Doesn't blame Foley, a sentiment with which I agree. Makes a point about the fact that if only one had been lynched, the other would probably be the focus of toDay, and thus, a wasted Day. Probably, but I still don't see the double-lynch as a good thing.

Quote:
The problem is that as the game wears on, I seem to be getting less and less confident about who I find innocent or guilty.

Anyway, I was going to vote Zil as rep, because I want to see more of him, but since he's already one, and I don't really want him to have too much of a supermacy over the others, I'm going to vote someone else that I wanted to see talk more.

So I'm going to vote:

[highligh]++Rune[/highlight

Let's see what he does with the power he so craves.
Talks (again) of voting me for rep, and goes for Rune instead.

Conclusions? Well, I thought he looked pretty good early on, though he was obviously wrong about Boro. His drawing attention to Lottie could be a point in his favor. His reactions to the phantom have been strange at times, and appear somewhat inconsistant. Now that I look closely, he doesn't seem as innocent as he did earlier. Still, probably not a likely vote for me toDay.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #646
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Here and happy to see the influx of comments and analyses. Folwren seems more innocent than ever, and Kath's analysis of Rune made me wary of both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
UoUA
Uruk of Unknown Alignment?

PS. If I'm still alive toMorrow, I'm going to run a campaign myself elected as a rep for purely selfish reasons. It seems like I can't be kicked into truly concentrating on wolf-hunting unless I have to vote, which kind of sucks.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #647
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Uruk of Unknown Alignment?
Indeed.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #648
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I only had time to read Greenie's post on Nerwen and in a moment I need to go help may supper...but I wanted to shoot my opinion in on the vote, seeing as Greenie is my rep -

I don't think it's a good idea to lynch Nerwen. Although there are shadows of doubts around here, it is potentially very dangerous to kill her.

-- Foley
Old 09-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #649
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Whoa. Just saw the time. I've got to be up early tomorrow which means I really really need sleep now. I was hoping to have time to analyse someone else as well and perhaps write a list of some kind - not to mention hear more thoughts from others. Unfortunately I didn't and now I don't. Inzil, since you are around, who do you want to lynch?

EDIT: x-ed with Foley
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #650
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
- I just became quite sure Steve is a wolf - someone has to be
Wait, what? Where did that come from?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #651
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

All caught up.

Quote:
- I just became quite sure Steve is a wolf - someone has to be

edit: x-ed with many

edit 2: Gah. Double post, seemingly. Sorry.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #652
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I don't think it's a good idea to lynch Nerwen. Although there are shadows of doubts around here, it is potentially very dangerous to kill her.
Hmm? I was thinking about voting for her, actually, since she is the only one I have some arguments against. I have an uneasy feeling about Inzil, but since I have nothing on him apart from that I won't vote for him. I don't want to, not without even half-decent arguments. Rune might be an option too - I'm currently very torn about him, and Kath's point about him taking up suspicions and discarding them has some merit.

EDIT: x-ed with Steve
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #653
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I was just about to start on the voting list when I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Doesn't like Boro, and posits that he and I are Elves working in concert against tp. Thinks tp probably isn't evil, but says "those against him are all good". Even Boro and me? Also thinks either Sally and Lottie are wolves. Ends by saying he would lynch Boro, but doesn't like Izzy either.
Ok, ok, stop right there. Only about half of that is true.

Yes, I did find Boro suspicious, and yes, I thought Izzy might be hiding an Elvish face under her regular, very innocent-looking orcish mask.

When I said "It would be a great (and very bold) move for the elves to play," I included phantom as a possible Elf with the two of you, and was trying to suggest that you might be disassociating yourselves from each other in a way that was so obvious that people wouldn't suspect it. And by saying that it would be "very bold" I also meant that it would be a very unlikely possibility.

As for "those against him are all good", I didn't ever say that. I actually said, "one of the problems is that it makes me feel like those against him are all good, even though I suspect some for other reasons", meaning that because I disagree with him, it's making me feel like those who disagree with him are good, even though my mind tells me they're not (because I find them suspicious). That's why it's "one of the problems".
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #654
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Whoa. Just saw the time. I've got to be up early tomorrow which means I really really need sleep now. I was hoping to have time to analyse someone else as well and perhaps write a list of some kind - not to mention hear more thoughts from others. Unfortunately I didn't and now I don't. Inzil, since you are around, who do you want to lynch?
Phantom?

Actually, I'm only half joking. I go from thinking he can't possibly be an Elf, to seeing visions of him giggling in the shadows as he surveys all the confusion he's caused.

I didn't care for Rune's rep-vote for Kath. Yes, he may not have seen where she'd said she wouldn't be around, but what concerned me more was that he didn't seem to have considered voting her until tp brought it up.

I'm going to try and look at some others before DL, but those are the ones that stand out at the moment.

x/d with Rune and Steve
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #655
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Ehm I am here, sorry for missing most of today, stuff came up.

In response to Kath's post about me: It is not that I totally discard my earlier suspicions, but early in the game they are mostly based on not being able to read people and thus less substantial. Greenie I still don't know what to think of and Glirdan. . . well he Died.

I was actually quite confident that I would vote Celuien today unless somebody came up with a very good case against another person, now I am a bit at a loss.

The way Steve and Zil posts makes it hard for me to get a read on them, but is it enough for me to vote for one of them? (I will give it some more thought)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #656
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Phantom?

Actually, I'm only half joking. I go from thinking he can't possibly be an Elf, to seeing visions of him giggling in the shadows as he surveys all the confusion he's caused.

I didn't care for Rune's rep-vote for Kath. Yes, he may not have seen where she'd said she wouldn't be around, but what concerned me more was that he didn't seem to have considered voting her until tp brought it up.
I won't be voting phantom, that's a cert. He's one of the few I think I have a decent read on and he's definitely not an elf.

Rune? Like I said I'm really torn about him - he seems both really innocent and really evil at the same time. Not convinced either way.

Inzil, what do you think about Nerwen? I might want to try her, but if no one else does it's kind of a waste of a vote - and with only four of us who can vote in the first place, wasting even one vote is a big thing. Also, if no one else is in for lynching Nerwen, I'd prefer to see Rune dead than someone I have an innocent feel of.

EDIT: x-ed with Runne, yay!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #657
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Oh, whatever Inzil. If you consider lynching me then you're either an Elf or not serious about winning.

For the lynch I would like to see the following debated-
Green
Inzil
Shasta
Nerwen
Legate

I would love to see all the Reps rank them in the order that they'd prefer, and I definitely want the candidates to emerge from this list. Given there are five suspects there has to be two that are wrong, meaning the Elves would have at least a couple of clear candidates to push.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #658
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Rune, my dear fellow, Celuien is already dead, so you may as well not bother voting for her, unless you'd like to have us lynch a corpse.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #659
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, a list (this is probably the only way I can really try to think of stuff, if you discount rereading, which I didn't do because I'm a failure and read a book and started writing something random instead...)

Foley - the most innocent person in this cave after me. Says stuff a SoE just wouldn't say plus seems very genuine in her reactions (see the end of yesterDay for example). If she's a SoE I don't really mind losing to her.

Greenie - I've started to suspect her (quite randomly) BUT I think last time I played with her I believed her innocent until came the phase when I start getting paranoid bacuse of lack of suspects and then we lynched her and she was innocent. So I have an eerie feeling that history might be repeating itself and she's probably innocent like I said in the beginning.

Kath - she's so difficult! I'd love to think she's innocent because I've had such nice (totally game unrelated, of course) chats with her on msn recently but I shouldn't let her sweetness thwart me. She is always a bit of an enigma for me, because even though she says her opinions, she always seems a bit detached from the other people in the game in a weird way. Something in her "easy" opinions disturbs me but then again her analysis of her own suspicion of Rune seemed more like something an innocent would do - a SoE could just be lazy and say "it's a gut feeling" since so many people do that anyway that it's not particularily suspicious.

Legate - still thinking he is most likely innocent despite a fishy vote or two. It's the general manner that seems like his innocent self. Like somebody said, he tends to be more "polished" and careful as a wolf. Of course, he might be fooling me completely (which might mean I'm going to cancel all possible plans concerning travelling to the Czech Republic in near future. )

Mira - not around much, thereby no read. We can always pose questions like: wouldn't she be around more if she was a wolf? Or: wouldn't she be more wacky as a wolf? But I can't answer "yes" to these questions without hesitation, so she remains an enigma. I appreciate her effort in the game even though she's now sick, but before she was sick her efforts seemed a bit half-hearted. I wonder if that means being ordo is boring or being SoE makes her lazy to concentrate on wolf hunt. (Or I can come up with several more explanation but I don't like them so much because they don't tell anything about her role... )

Nerwen - I voted her for rep toDay and now I'm wondering if it was smart. I had a feeling she's innocent, and her tone is more like innocent Nerwen than guilty Nerwen. The difference is not big, but innocent Nerwen usually seems more down-to-earth than the slightly dramatic and more bantery wolf Nerwen (if my perception is correct). Greenie's analysis made me slightly worried, though, because it raised some points against her that I had not considered (for example her reactions to the Night kill choices). D-i-f-f-i-c-u-l-t, once again.

Phantom - he's either an innocent who's not fooling me or a SoE who is fooling me. Much prefer explanation #1 and think it more probable. I remember, though, one game where he and I were the wolves and we floated neatly unsuspected from Day1 to the end discounting the obligatory "phantom sucks" suspicion on Day1. I could see him floating like that in this game too.

Rune - like I and somebody else have said several times, he has had quite an easy and relaxing game this far so it's been difficult to judge him based on his reactions. I truly have no idea about him at the moment. I'd like to believe him innocent since I have no real suspicion towards him but atr this point I can't afford being so lenient.

Shasta - has weirdly become my top suspect. I was thinking of him just a while ago and thinking: "What else has he done than argued with phantom, tried to get Sally lynched and buddied Nerwen up?" And I couldn't come up with anything. I could see the scenario so well: a sneaky Shastawolf tries to create no suspicion or extra connections. Everybody knows that he and Sally take contact with each other in ww, that he always wages war with tp and that he has this ww "romance" with Nerwen. Simply his choice of focus seems too easy, and also his strategy: choose one innocent victim to concentrate on, write about phantom so you don't have to write about anything else, buddy up with an innocent who's your friend OR make a convenient voting arrangement with a fellow with a good cover excuse. I also really wonder why Greenie (and Nerwen...?) find him so innocent. Fellow wolves?

Steve - Zil's analysis actually made me feel better about him. There's not really anything too bad that would stand out and he's not quite as fishy as I thought. Still, my read on him atm is very lousy.

Zil - I have the same problem with him as ever. He seems calm, reasonable, reliable and a a bit cold, and it's hard to see his personal feelings or emotional reactions. (Ok ok maybe I shouldn't be surprised given his RL job. ) I have zero reason to suspect him, and that's disturbing. It's just simply difficult to get anything out of this guy.

Hey, yay! See? This made me think! Now I'm happy. I'll summarise for you:

Leaning innocent
Foley
Legate
Phantom

Difficult
Greenie
Kath
Mira
Nerwen
Rune
Steve
Zil

Leaning guilty
Shasta

So, if I assume Shasta is guilty, that still leaves two wolves to find and I think they're from the "difficult" category (well it's quite big anyway). Shasta+Nerwen+Greenie seems a little obvious but not unthinkable. Actually, scratch that. Not sure if Greenie and Nerwen look like fellows at all. Hmm... have to think of the combinations more, partially with the vote tallies in hand.

edit: xed with everyone since my last
Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #660
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Oh, whatever Inzil. If you consider lynching me then you're either an Elf or not serious about winning.

For the lynch I would like to see the following debated-
Green
Inzil
Shasta
Nerwen
Legate

I would love to see all the Reps rank them in the order that they'd prefer, and I definitely want the candidates to emerge from this list. Given there are five suspects there has to be two that are wrong, meaning the Elves would have at least a couple of clear candidates to push.
There he goes again.. If someone considers lynching you they just have to be evil. Come on. As for your five - why them? (Or should I say us?) If I had to put those in an order, it would look something like this:

Nerwen - possibly my top suspect at the moment, insofar as I can claim to have one. I would like to see her lynched.
Inzil - like I said, I'm slightly uneasy about him though with no arguments to base it on, wouldn't mind seeing him lynched.
Legate - would be somewhere in my "no idea, maybe leaning innocent" -category, quite honestly I haven't paid that much attention to him.
Shasta - I'm still inclined to find him innocent, definitely don't want to lynch him toDay.
Green - obviously. Lynching me would be stupid.

I'm still considering Rune as well, my vote will in all probability go for either him or Nerwen. (A curious detail: the three I'm most uneasy about are my fellow reps.)

EDIT: x-ed with Foley and Lommy
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #661
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I won't be voting phantom, that's a cert. He's one of the few I think I have a decent read on and he's definitely not an elf.

Rune? Like I said I'm really torn about him - he seems both really innocent and really evil at the same time. Not convinced either way.

Inzil, what do you think about Nerwen? I might want to try her, but if no one else does it's kind of a waste of a vote - and with only four of us who can vote in the first place, wasting even one vote is a big thing. Also, if no one else is in for lynching Nerwen, I'd prefer to see Rune dead than someone I have an innocent feel of.
Nerwen's one that I'm not sold on as Orc or Elf. She's been at odds with tp, but really she's stood out mostly as being fairly low-key (for her) in spite of that. I haven't had a chance to look closely at your analysis. At this, point, she wouldn't be my first choice.

x/d with Greenie
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #662
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I just finished reading the thread and I feel I don't have very much to say toDay anyway, as I would really need to stop and think, or go through it once again, but I have to get up early tomorrow again. I think this Day just didn't work out very well for me I have only a few very basic observations, or "homeworks" for myself: I would like to take a look at several people again; Steve, Greenie, Shasta, possibly Kath (though in her case, I am generally skeptical about the outcome, as I have always trouble reading her).
Celuien being modfired and being an Ordo is sort of discouraging, among other things - most of all, since she was the last one on my list of clearer suspects, I am now rather at loss, and with this hour, I feel quite happy for not having to vote toDay.

I am really looking forward to see the results of toDay's voting and also to see whom the current Reps are going to vote. They are all people who are closer to the "middle" section of my suspicion list, or the "not so sure" section, like there's been something which has shifted their position in my thoughts lately - like reconsidering to feel a bit better about Rune because of his latter posting, being a bit more suspicious of Greenie while considering her sally-pursuit, or being generally unsure about Nerwen. What I have read during this Day has more or less kept the impressions similar in this way. I am perhaps only a bit more worried about Steve now, and a bit less about Inzil.

EDIT: x-ed with Greenie, phantom, etc.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #663
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
That was really mostly a very random idea. I tried to think who could be a wolf and that was the first name that came to my mind. I explained later, though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
No idea why Steve. There's something troublingly smooth in his manner and choices when it comes to suspicions and votes etc.
But as you can see, I'm not so enlightened anymore...

There seems to be small chance of Shasta getting lynched, which is a pity. Anybody willing to borrow me some lynch-votes? Seriously, out of the people on phantom's list, he seems the best shot by far. If my humble opinion is worth something, don't lynch Legate. Zil/Nerwen/Greenie I'm torn about but I would possibly prefer Greenie... not sure at all.

edit: x-posted with the two gents and forgot to mark earlier since logged into Facebook for some stupid reason and forgot about ww for ten minutes... blah!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-22-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #664
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Does it have to be those five that phantom listed? I think there must be at least one guilty one in amonst them, but still...most of them look innocent to me. I know I'm not voting, but I wish I were - I feel I'd do a better job today than yesterDay. Harhar.

Okay...I'm going to attempt to make a list and say who I think is guilty and who is not. I can't say why I think these things for a couple reasons - I don't have time and in some people's case, I don't have very much foundation...

Probably Innocent
Nerwen
Inzil
Lommy

Less certain but leaning towards innocent
Shasta
Legate
Phantom
Kath

Also less certain, but leaning towards guilty this time
Rune
Mira

I have a guilty feeling about:
Greenie
Steve

Now PLEASE don't freak out about Greenie's name being there. I KNOW I voted for her, but it was only after I voted for her and then started reading more posts (remember, I'm way behind due to Day2) and she started posting more posts that I got a bad, bad, bad feeling about her. I feel something is wrong. I don't have time to go back and figure it out now, but I wanted to put out my list in case any of you reps really cared.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #665
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Rune, my dear fellow, Celuien is already dead, so you may as well not bother voting for her, unless you'd like to have us lynch a corpse.
I know, that is why I am at a loss. . .

Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #666
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I know, that is why I am at a loss. . .
Ah, right. Missed that. Sorry.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #667
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Hmmn. It's 1 AM and I need to be up by eight. Meaning? It's well past my bed-time. As for my vote - I'm still torn between voting Nerwen and voting Runne. I suspect Nerwen more, but I'm not sure any of my fellow reps want to vote her so I might not, either. If nothing drastic has appeared while I'm typing this, I'll vote in my next post and then be off to bed.

EDIT: x-ed with Rune and Foley
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #668
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

In fact, you jumping on that is making me start to find you suspicious. In fact, maybe my phantom-Zil-Boro triangle wasn't as far-fetched as I'd first thought. Of course, Boro was innocent, but then again, he was the most vocal and outspoken of the three of you, so maybe he was just an innocent that happened to join in?

Looking at the phantom:

I've thought him innocent for most of the game, but look at these coincidences:
  • Doesn't lynch vote on Day 1. He misses it even though he was the one keeping the tallies. And in addition, he is always the one who said that not voting at all was a bad idea. Admittedly, in the context it was about rep-voting, but still, phantom (the powerhungry) not voting seems a bit wrong. Seems like he's avoiding the risk of lynching an innocent (Boro), or any of the two who voted for him, because he wants support toMorrow. And also, if he is really a wolf, then voting Lottie would be a very bad move (obviously). In fact, whatever he says now, he defended the two of them for all of Day 1. Also, lynching an already-dead fellow is grounds for suspicion too, so he would've wanted to avoid that.
  • Lack of a rep vote toDay. He was the one doing all the counting and stuff, yet he didn't vote. Voting Kath would've been bad, considering that she had already said she couldn't be a rep, and voting anyone with no votes would seem a throwaway vote. Giving a rep another vote would just create imbalance, which would surely cause a bit of controversy, since everyone seems to be sticking to the "two-votes-per-rep" plan these days.

Of course, other than a few other minor things, this is generally where my suspicion for phantom ends, because he hasn't done anything else to make him look guilty, and in fact many of his posts feel very innocent. Still we all know how cunning he is (or at least professes to be), so I'm sure he could be fooling us. And purposefully/mistakenly missing votes seems very uncharacteristic for phantom (though I admit for both evil or innocent phantom). But not voting (once in a while so that it's not as obvious) would probably be more advantageous for an elf. So let's assume he's evil for the purposes of this post and see how the 'scenario/model' plays out.

Moving onto Inzil and the links between the two of them next.

edit: x-ed since Lommy's list.

edit 2: formatting

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-22-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #669
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Rune, who are you thinking of voting?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #670
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay babies, going to sleep.

Please consider Shasta and what I said about him.

And please lynch a wolf (although, I know, that's not a very fair request).

Good night!

edit: xed with baby green
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #671
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
There he goes again.. If someone considers lynching you they just have to be evil.
The slaying of Nog alone ought to be enough to make me a bad gamble, and combine that with the fact that I refused to save Lottie on Day 1 even though it was totally within my power... I'm sorry, but at this stage it's downright suspicious for Inzil to float my name as a possibility. As if he's hoping beyond hope someone will bite or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
As for your five - why them?
This post of mine provides a link to the majority of the analysis I've done today.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #672
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Seems a bit hypocritical, as he himself had made tp his main topic earlier.
Also, that was actually half a Day (about 22 hours) later- and everyone was still talking about the phantom.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #673
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Rune, who are you thinking of voting?
Well, I don't have any top suspects right now.

I could be convinced to vote Zil or Steve, not because I have a good case against them, but because the way they play. Many of their posts are comments on others theories (if my memory is correct), I have a hard time analyse people who play like this. I know it is not necessarily a trademark of a SoE, but it wouldn't be a bad strategy for the either.

I am also feeling a bit uneasy about You, Shasta and Nerwen, but for some reason I would like to have closer look you lot. Of course I could be convinced to vote for them if I did not care for my other options.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #674
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Anybody who thinks that Lommy's thoughts on Shasta are any good?

It sounds reasonable to me, but I haven't had a proper look at him my self. . .

Old 09-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #675
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

This time I'm really going to sleep. I'm going to go for

++Nerwen++

After all I decided to take the risk and simply vote for the one I find most suspicious. In the end I couldn't justify voting Rune since I really don't have that many arguments against him either. I sincerely hope I'm doing the right thing.

EDIT: x-ed with 2xRunne
Old 09-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #676
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Steve- how can you possibly think my not voting Day 1 was a bad thing? It's the only reason an Elf died! I could have easily lynched Sally with my three votes by saying, "I don't want to double-lynch, so I won't vote Boro, and out of Lottie and Sally, I'd say Sally looks the worst. Sorry m'dear." And then bang, Lottie is saved.

As far as missing the Rep vote today, there was nothing I could do. By the time I got back to my computer, the deadline had passed. I was not expecting for my errand to take longer than a couple minutes.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #677
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Well, this was actually meant to be part of the same post as the last, but then I decided to split them, so just assume they're linked as one.

I've been trying to find stuff (good or bad) about Inzil, but the problem is that I can't, because there's not much I can say. He's far too slippery, which is not good at all. There's nothing really that can be taken as a strong sign of innocence or evilness, and the only real way to judge him is to look at his links with other people.

That's why I've chosen the phantom. Now, let's assume that he's evil (see last post) and in league with the phantom. Consider these under this light:
  • He is the first to show dissent against everyone voting phantom (#6). So obviously, this would be a good way to start an argument without actually suspecting someone.
  • Later on he says "I don't know whether tp is a SoE, but I flat-out disagree with him on this" (#225)And that generally sums up his approach to the phantom. Arguing with him but not suspecting him. A perfect way to distance yourselves and not get either of you in trouble (i.e., danger of lynching). And these sorts of arguments generally look innocent.
  • Votes Boro for rep on Day 1, cementing the above comment.
  • "Why is the phantom still alive?" The easiest way to suspect someone without giving evidence or making anyone seem too evil.

He also only once gives out clear suspicions of everyone. On Day 2.

The link also continues (Though weaker) throughout the rest of the game, but I'm too tired to look in more detail at the rest right now.

Besides, I get the feeling that really, one of them is probably evil, while the other might not necessarily be. If this is the case, I suspect that Inziladun slowly tried to associate himself with phantom, so that he could take him down with him if he looked guilty.

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking.

edit: fell asleep at my keyboard. x-ed since my last post.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #678
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Steve- how can you possibly think my not voting Day 1 was a bad thing? It's the only reason an Elf died! I could have easily lynched Sally with my three votes by saying, "I don't want to double-lynch, so I won't vote Boro, and out of Lottie and Sally, I'd say Sally looks the worst. Sorry m'dear." And then bang, Lottie is saved.
Well, you didn't know that at the time, or if you did, you're an elf.

Quote:
As far as missing the Rep vote today, there was nothing I could do. By the time I got back to my computer, the deadline had passed. I was not expecting for my errand to take longer than a couple minutes.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Mira- A bit like Kath. I just really would like to see more from her. And if both Mira and Kath are Elves, well... that would make me angry.
... and you wouldn't like phantom when he's angry.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #679
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Oh, and sorry. I promise I'll try to do the vote list if I'm still alive toMorrow.

Goodnight.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #680
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
... and you wouldn't like phantom when he's angry.
Ou faminto.