Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #3521
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Elempi and I wrote that last post together.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #3522
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hee hee! So Foley's other character decides that Saeryn is alright after all.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #3523
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I know, I'm biased. I admit it freely. It's really quite bad. But it's all Garreth's fault. If he hadn't put down the Lady Eowyn, perhaps Quin wouldn't have reacted in the opposite direction.

Actually, I think I'm almost entirely unfit to write any male character. Excepting Thornden, I guess. I need to get him back into the action.

-- Foley
Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #3524
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was keeping track of the passions of the Hall for a while now (though I still can’t say that I feel like I know my way around, hehe ), and recently an idea for a character of my own came up. I hope you don't mind...

Name Ledwyn

Age/Gender/Race/Where from: 26, Female, Eorling, West Emnet (now just over 31)

Appearance: Long light-brown plaited hair and grey eyes. Slightly taller than average. Frail. Prefers plain, practical clothing to delicate and ornamented ones. Slightly pale. During the Hard Winter, suffered from frostbite which left one of the fingers on her left hand permanently blackened.

Personality/Bio: Ledwyn is swayed easily by another’s words, but if she has her own opinion it is a strong one. She is very sensitive and even a small remark can hurt her; she takes life too seriously in general. She rarely speaks openly about her thoughts and feelings, though they are always written plainly on her face. She lacks confidence in herself and acts self-consciously. She is quick to forgive but slow to forget.

After her husband died a year ago in an accident Ledwyn lived with her younger brother. However, after her brother’s marriage life in the small house got rather crowded, and Ledwyn insisted on moving to the Scarburg Mead Hall with her young son because she decided that “it is all her fault”. She would not hear any arguments from her brother and sister-in-law.

Update: Did not change much. Still takes life too seriously and is therefore vulnerable to teasing. With the influence of the other women, she became a bit more independent and a bit more able to hold her own, but is still very easily swayed by those people whom she respects. Overall, she became a tad less serious about everything and even a tad more "girly". However, as she began to befriend and trust the dwellers of the Hall and relax from the state of constant seriousness/concern, she started spending less time with Theolain, and to a degree started worrying less about what goes on with him.

And her son:

Name: Theolain

Age/Gender/Race/Where from: 2, Male, Eorling, West Emnet (now 7)

Appearance: In the middle of growth, clumsy and slightly chubby. The mop of dark blonde hair grows faster than it is cut. The eyes are grey, like Ledwyn’s. They are the only resemblance between mother and son.

Update: all the chubbiness is gone; possibly even leaning towards the skinny side. He is average sized for his age, no remarkable physical traits. He is stronger than he looks, and is a good climber. Still has light-coloured hair that is longer than usual, and still does not resemble Ledwyn.

Personality/Bio: His legs work faster than his mind.

Update: took very long to begin trusting the local people, including children. The one exception is Harreld, who he had taken a liking to early on. Took a long time and a lot of... adventures for him to begin opening up to other children, and even longer for adults. But, as time passed, he started to spend less time with others, but because adults assumed he is just off playing with the other kids and the kids assumed he stayed with the adults, and nothing out of ordinary ever happened to him, no one gave and mind. Also, lately, he stopped being as open to everyone who he was on good terms with before. He became not exactly secretive but rather closed.

Theolain died in the Hard Winter.

------

Linked ~*~ Pio

Last edited by Galadriel55; 07-05-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: 5 year jump update
Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #3525
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yay, Galadriel! I am so glad that you decided to join us. I am looking forward eagerly to when you write your characters in.

-- Foley
Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #3526
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

Hi, G55! It's good to see you around here, too Hope you're going to stay with us here and "get into it" soon and enjoy posting here, of course.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #3527
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay G55! Welcome!

I posted - moved the dinner along - to a time for music and dance. Hope everybody's okay with that.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-26-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #3528
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Good call, Elempi.

I'm going to try and post for both Scyld and Leof tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #3529
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I'm going to try and post for both Scyld and Leof tomorrow.
Question - did you post this before or after your announcement thing on facebook?
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #3530
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Before - but the announcement was delayed to give us a chance to tell friends and family in person.

For those of you I'm not facebook friends with - I got engaged on Saturday.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #3531
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Congratulations!!!

___

Thank you all for the welcome. I think I'll bring the characters in next morning game-time.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #3532
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think I just resurrected half of the names on the character's list.

Durelin, I did not put Tyrdda into the dance because I did not know where she was.

I also realize that I was very unkind to a lot of people with male characters by sticking in NPC guys to be dancing. Well, just have your characters cut in, if you want, I guess. Why not?

Wynflaed, Saeryn, and AEdre aren't dancing. Otherwise, I think I accounted for all the known girls in the post. That's kind of scary. Galadriel55, we will be so excited when you come and join us with your female character. Wow.

Firefoot, I hope Scyld and Aldric are watching while Thornden dances with Rowenna. (Now watch Elempi have Rowenna do something I don't expect...)
Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #3533
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Does anyone have any thoughts about hos cutting in might be handled in Rohirric culture?

Wink aside, serious question...
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #3534
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd say just handle it like you would any other western society.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #3535
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, or wait until the current dance is done and then jump in before they can start dancing again.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #3536
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts about hos cutting in might be handled in Rohirric culture?
That depends on how many gallons of beer the man drunk. It may vary from politely telling the other man to get lost, to, without any extra words, punching him straight in the face.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #3537
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Just checking. I'm not even sure if I'm thinking about it for Scyld or Aldric... it just seems like an interesting way to impose one of them upon Rowenna.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #3538
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm - er - dragging this out some, I guess.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #3539
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Yeah... I felt a little bad about interrupting you two (and with an NPC... kind of lame) when you just got started.

Also, Galadriel, so glad you're bringing in another female character. It seems nearly all our current ones have lost their writers (though I suppose that goes for a lot of the characters in general).

Last edited by Firefoot; 11-01-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #3540
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I promise, I'll get to this today...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #3541
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, I get a kick out of how much trouble you let Scyld get into.

Your turn, Firefoot.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 11-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #3542
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

It just kind of happens... I feel like I never know what's going to happen in the posts I write for Scyld until I sit down to write them. Leof is much easier/more predictable.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #3543
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Perfect setup, Firefoot. It shouldn't be this fun.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #3544
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, I put a word on Scyld's lips and gave him some action. Let me know if anything needs altering.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #3545
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Your post is fine, Elempi. Over to you.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #3546
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

This is quite entertaining, this discourse between Nydfara and Rowenna cracks me up. Keep up the good work.

Tomorrow, I may find time once again to write something.

-- Foley
Old 11-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #3547
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have to think about Harreld before I can post in response to Lhuna's post.

As always, I'm intrigued, Firefoot, as to Scyld's next move.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #3548
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I hope you feel guilty, Elempi - leaving a lovely girl standing all by herself on a dance floor! Do you have ANY idea how that feels? Awful, that's how. (I'm justing giving you a guilt trip...)

Lhuna, the post was superb. Her feelings and reactions are very realistic and believable.

-- Foley
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #3549
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thanks, Foley. Somehow something tells me I'd been in that kind of situation before.

Elempi, this is it. I don't think I'm ready for this conversation (needless to say, Ginna thinks the complete opposite).
Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #3550
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Elempi, this is it. I don't think I'm ready for this conversation (needless to say, Ginna thinks the complete opposite).
Now I'm excited to see what's coming!! Ah! I think I can barely wait!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #3551
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Looks like Scyld's got a little bit of a Gollum moment going on.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #3552
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Whatever could you mean, Lhuna? I'm going to have to take another day before I post for Harreld, but I think I can get something up for Rowenna "post haste".
Old 11-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #3553
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You two are flirting shamelessly! This is hilarious!

Still no time to post, but am enjoying the times I get to read very much indeed.

-- Foley
Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #3554
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'd've written more, only I didn't want to put words into Leof's mouth. I have an idea of where this might go, Firefoot, so hopefully we can make it exciting and not peter out...

Durelin and Legate, what of Tyrdda and Hilderinc?

-- Foley
Old 11-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #3555
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Haha! I love it, Folwren.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #3556
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Durelin and Legate, what of Tyrdda and Hilderinc?
It's Dury's turn, effectively; even though I must confess that I have been conveniently ignoring the matter whatsoever lately and not pressing it in any way since I've had others stuff on my hands, so I did not mind putting the game aside for a short while.

But does anybody have an idea about Dury? I get the impression she hasn't been around for quite a while.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3557
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, just when I think maybe I've made things a bit hard for you, you raise things to an even higher level. Hats off and a bow. Very impressed.

And I got a kick out of Léof's remembering.

Have writers group tonight - will post when I get a chance.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #3558
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

*Bows* Over to you, Elempi.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #3559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I hope to post tonight. I've been out of town all weekend with no extra time to write.

-- Foley
Old 11-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #3560
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Back to you, Firefoot. The ebb and flow of - er - what one dares to say .....