Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #441
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay. Because I had a post written, but I didn't know what to do about horses... I'll say they had been ground-tied then - although I don't know that I'd trust Sorn or somebody not to make off with them.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #442
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right. That's fine, I think. Everybody at Sorn's place is obviously pre-occupied.

Sometime tomorrow I'll hopefully write a post about Deren or some of his men meeting Haleth.

-- Folwren
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #443
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot, what woods are Linduial and Scyld in now? I am assuming they are not near Eodwine and the rest of us, else we might have heard them.

Elempi and Celuien, did Thornden and his men go with Garstan and Eodwine to their horses? I'm thinking Thornden would probably excuse them and they'd run back to get their horses. However, by now, Sorn is gone and they probably think they won't be able to find him now, if Deren didn't.

What are they going to do at this point? Head back to the house and meet up with Haleth and Deren and the false Linduial?

By the way, Elempi, your last post made me blush for Thornden. I felt so sorry for my serious young man. *chuckle*

-- Folwren
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #444
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The way I imagine it, the woods 'surround' the property on two sides; Garstan and Eodwine initially set out to the east side of the property, while Scyld and Linduial escaped out the back heading more or less southwards - maybe a little westerly, if that takes them farther away.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:35 AM   #445
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Elempi and Celuien, did Thornden and his men go with Garstan and Eodwine to their horses? I'm thinking Thornden would probably excuse them and they'd run back to get their horses.
That makes sense. Do you need me to edit anything?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:22 AM   #446
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Tara...

I was wondering if we could add to the things Sorn needs to do a trip to the cellar.

If Sorn never realizes Lin's flown the coop, so to speak, then the threat of imminent danger that resulted in Scyld's defection never existed. Is it likely that he might rush down into the cellar with the intent of doing away with Lin, and discover her absence?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 AM   #447
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
What are they going to do at this point? Head back to the house and meet up with Haleth and Deren and the false Linduial?
That seems good, if you like.

Quote:
By the way, Elempi, your last post made me blush for Thornden. I felt so sorry for my serious young man. *chuckle*
IT's so easy to pick on the poor over-serious young man.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 AM   #448
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
It's so easy to pick on the poor over-serious young man.
From your writing, that's clear. That's alright, though. I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
That makes sense. Do you need me to edit anything?
Yes, I think so. Have Thornden say something to the effect of, 'Our horses are back there, we should go get them.' and then maybe have Eodwine tell them to meet them at the house?

If Elempi is alright with that, you can edit your post and I can make a post wherein my men go back to the horses and then ride to the house, there to meet Eodwine and Garstan again and everyone else to boot. Just let me know. I should be about.

-- Folwren
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #449
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Have Thornden say something to the effect of, 'Our horses are back there, we should go get them.' and then maybe have Eodwine tell them to meet them at the house?
All right by me.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #450
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Done and done.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #451
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Tara...

I was wondering if we could add to the things Sorn needs to do a trip to the cellar.

If Sorn never realizes Lin's flown the coop, so to speak, then the threat of imminent danger that resulted in Scyld's defection never existed. Is it likely that he might rush down into the cellar with the intent of doing away with Lin, and discover her absence?

I like this idea very much!

Let me see...Sorn will actually make it to the cellar, as his intention all along was to kil lin before he threw the knife. He makes it there, sees she is gone, and decides to chase her down to make sure he saves his skin.

He bumps into Gurth, asks him to find the girl, and Gurth refuses? They fight, they monologue, and Sorn gets his just desserts.

This would require Anguirel to delete the save post and put it up later on where it fits. But that wouldn't be so hard.

Does that seem like a good plan? Or too simplistic? I'm open for suggestions.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #452
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'll be honest; I'm still not completely for Sorn dying already and I think it could be interesting if Sorn himself were to chase after Linduial - is this a logical decision? or a mad-Sorn-on-the-loose decision?

And Haleth needs to die (this has been written in on the Mead Hall thread by now); if Sorn is gone, I don't think Osfrid is going to kill anyone, not surrounded by Rohirrim. Would Gurth?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #453
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very good point, Fire.

So, we hold off the altercation with Gurth even longer, and have Haleth bump into Sorn? Maybe not so bluntly...perhaps Haleth is near the study and Sorn sneaks up on him? Sorn would be rather miffed to see people wandering about HIS house...:P

I can only guess on Gurth. At the moment, Sorn is your best bet.

- Tara
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #454
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Sounds good. I'll try to have another post up for Haleth soon getting him alone in the study - no guarantees on that, though; my life has been absolutely nuts the past few days and doesn't look to ease up until after the weekend sometime.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #455
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I don't see that Ang would need to delete his save, either...I never thought that save would be more than Gurth walking in and reacting some to the chaos.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 AM   #456
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

TARA:

I think the next post needed is Sorn's discovery of Scyld's treachery. Any threat or risk that could be thrown at the escaping pair (without interfering with your plans with Anguirel for Sorn's demise) would be welcome.

We're in the endgame, folks...press on to the finish!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #457
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm sorry. It's all my fault. Or mostly is, anyway. I'm back at work today, though, and last Friday I started a post here and today I will finish it and put it up. And when I do that, it will give at least Elempi, Firefoot, and Celuien a chance to write.

-- Folwren
Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #458
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Nobody's fault, chiclet (yes, the little bubble gum things. I call people that. I don't know why.)

Lots going on around here lately (yay) and I've not been doing a very good job of getting (and keeping) things organized.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:33 AM   #459
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've filled in my save at long last. Tara, feel free to act on it...sorry about the delay.

EDIT: Oh blast. I've made Gurth meet Sorn, imagining that was OK. Tara, I have a simple but crude plan. Grab the axe and leg it away back into the farmstead!

We'll meet again...don't know where, don't know when...
Old 10-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #460
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Why'd you kill your dog?

Firefoot: Haleth ordered a man, Thurstan, to take his men and fifteen more to go check out the sound of fighting. I pressume thirty men, therefore, left the group and went towards Eodwine and Garstan? They'll meet those two on their way back to the house. Thornden will already have parted company and will meet the seven men waiting outside Sorn's house. How does that sound?

-- Folwren
Old 10-31-2006, 12:34 PM   #461
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

OH! IDEA!!!

Gurth/Helm found Sorn in the yard and has repledged his allegience. Sorn needs to discover Lin and Scyld are gone, and none of those people are ready to be found by our heroes...what if Sorn sees the open outer door to the cellar, looks in to see Lin is missing (a two-and-two together moment here,) and goes with Gurth to look for her?

Then when they find her and Scyld: if Sorn attacks the girl what would Gurth do? Might be a moment for Scyld to prove himself as well. And if Gurth survived the encounter, he could be the catalyst for Haleth's demise as well, although that's just a passing fancy. Osfrid and Muriel are in a better position to be a threat to Haleth.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 PM   #462
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Haleth's heading outside... alone... and if he meets up with a combination of Sorn and Gurth... After, during, or before they discover Scyld and Linduial are missing, whichever seems best.

Sounds good, Folwren.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #463
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

A PM has been sent to Tara. Looks like we're waiting on her for the next jump in the action.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #464
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

She's told me before that she's busy during the week, but can usually find time to write on the weekends...so, we're almost there...

Do you suppose I should bring Deren and the other men and Muriel and Osfrid out? Thornden will have quite a reaction when he sees Muriel arrive in place of Linduial.

Also, Elempi and Celuien can bring their characters plus thirty men around the wall to meet up with the others waiting outside the house.

-- Folwren
Old 11-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #465
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

As long as Haleth remains unsupported in the courtyard, and no one notices Sorn or Gurth, that sounds alright. Just remember the events to transpire there require solitude.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #466
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hullo all,

Thanks so much for the PM, Jenny ! It's been a long week, and I'm sorry I've been unable to get here until now.

I'm working up a post, but please excuse me if some details are a little off. I'm still reading over the changes in the discussion thread

- Tara
Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #467
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

So who of the rescuers is going to figure out that Muriel is Muriel and not Linduial? That's gonna be fun.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #468
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

I just realized almost all the characters saw Muriel with Osfrid on the spy mission. Should someone begin to think she looks familiar?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #469
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I just realized almost all the characters saw Muriel with Osfrid on the spy mission. Should someone begin to think she looks familiar?
Deren did not see them, except when they first entered Edoras in the dark, so he would not recognize either of them.

Thornden, on the other hand, saw them both, and also knows Linduial personally, so even if he didn't know Muriel, he'd know she wasn't Lin. He is going to know what happened at once. I just need to write the next post. I will try to get myself to do it today.

-- Folwren
Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #470
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Haleth did, though. He felt some doubt upon seeing Muriel, but none based on any kind of recognition of her features. I'd like to see what we can do about this inconsistency, if it is an inconsistency...

Firefoot? what do you think?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #471
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I made some edits to my last post; is that better? Or is it still too much of a stretch?

I'm thinking that when Haleth saw them, he was only really considering them as guests to the Hall; suspicion didn't come till after that, so when he first saw them there would not have been much reason for him to pay attention to them.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #472
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

K, thanks...I'll go read the edits you made.

EDIT: That'll work great. Thanks. Too bad he'll never realize his mistake...(insert evil laughter here)
Old 11-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #473
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Beautiful Tara! Now I think we're back to Firefoot and Haleth, while Garstan and Eodwine go back down toward the estate's front door (and not the inner courtyard where the current action occurs).
Old 11-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #474
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

What needs to happen next? I see that Foley has written Eodwine as coming back to the main house, but to do what? Order Deren, yes, but what else? Seems we have a death of Haleth to do yet? Any more on the escape? Now that Muriel has been uncovered as not Linduial, the search of the house will now be more feverish and thorough, and then Sorn will be sought out with a vengeance; but will he be dead first? If so, then what?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #475
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

This is how I see the events right now:

While the house is frantically searched, Haleth is killed outside. Sorn and Gurth follow Scyld and Linduial into the woods. The hidden door to the cellar is finally discovered, and the rescuers troop downstairs to find the outside door, and, just outside, Haleth's body.

Sorn and Gurth find Scyld and Linduial. Scyld proves his worth, Gurth's loyalties are tested. The rescuers frantically follow the tracks up into the hills.

Sorn and Gurth have their showdown, the rescuers arrive towards the end of the action, mop up the remaining threat...and from there I'm unclear.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #476
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Sorry that took so long for me to write - I hate to admit it, but I've been so busy I forgot it was my turn to write... Tara or Ang (Gurth does have a sword, right?), feel free to finish Haleth off in your next post. There's nothing left I need to say for him.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #477
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Oh, Firefoot! That's great! I like it a lot...poor doomed Haleth...

Are you going to use your save?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:17 AM   #478
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Taps for Haleth.

Scyld proves his worth? Does this mean that he escapes, or dies?

Isn't it a little early for mopping up? I thought that we needed to have a week's more time pass. Or don't we really care about calendar accuracy?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #479
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Oops... I've deleted the Save now.

Scyld is not going to die.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #480
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Firefoot, actually I didn't give Gurth a sword - could you switch him to barring Haleth by brute presence and bulk (he is wearing chainmail, but he's unarmed aside from the axe he threw down)?

Or do you want me to edit in a sword earlier?