Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #2401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
Just edit/enlarge Legate's descriptions as needed on his post - that way there is no need for me to edit the link.
Okay, thanks!

Foley: are you thinking Javan is first going to find Aedre and then search for Raban? If yes, then I think we could write the other kids following him (heh, the only interesting action around there on that morning) - let's see how Javan reacts to them trying to follow him. And anyway, I'd like to see the scene where at least all the boys would end up with Raban, the two more than willing to learn things, and the one who would need to, being less enthusiastic...
Old 02-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #2402
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Foley: are you thinking Javan is first going to find Aedre and then search for Raban? If yes, then I think we could write the other kids following him (heh, the only interesting action around there on that morning) - let's see how Javan reacts to them trying to follow him. And anyway, I'd like to see the scene where at least all the boys would end up with Raban, the two more than willing to learn things, and the one who would need to, being less enthusiastic...
Sounds great to me. Yes, he's decided to find Aedre first and then Raban. This'll be fun.

-- Foley
Old 02-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #2403
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
I made the link before I read your post.

Just edit/enlarge Legate's descriptions as needed on his post - that way there is no need for me to edit the link.
I think it's good idea to do it that way. And Bilbo the silly hobbit started it, so Bilbo can also take care of editing it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #2404
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Pipe

Quote:
ÁFORGLAED - younger, somewhat "unlucky fellow" whose main problem is that he cannot foresee the course of his actions and because of his tongue which he just cannot watch well enough he can easily get himself into bad situations. Got himself into a brawl with Matrim, later avoided punishment. Is a buddy with Scyrr. Áforglaed is a bit of a coward, but also in the sense that if saying "sorry" is the easy way to solve the problem, he does it. And in that, he is honest (i.e. not hypocritically just saying "sorry" to get away with anything, he usually genuinely feels sorry, only in many times apologizing just might not be enough). View of Scarburg: probably somewhat negative, although he probably has the good chance of adapting himself.
Hehe I wonder how sorry he will be if he discovers he was brawling with a noble ;P
Old 02-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #2405
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel View Post
Hehe I wonder how sorry he will be if he discovers he was brawling with a noble ;P
We could write about it and find out.

-- Foley
Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #2406
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Thumbs up

Quote:
We could write about it and find out.

-- Foley
And Blow his cover! (you'll understand when you've seen mine and Nogrod's pm post )

Which reminds me would it be reasonable to assume that Lord Eodwine would have appraised Thornden of the situation between, Æðelhild, Matrim and Balvir?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #2407
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
And Blow his cover! (you'll understand when you've seen mine and Nogrod's pm post )
Oh, okay. Never mind, then.

Quote:
Which reminds me would it be reasonable to assume that Lord Eodwine would have appraised Thornden of the situation between, Æðelhild, Matrim and Balvir?
It's possible, but I know so little about it myself that I can hardly say. He may have been more likely to tell Saeryn. I don't know what kind of situation it was exactly, and if it wasn't necessary for Thornden to know, and if it was supposed to be confidential, then it probably was not told him.

-- Foley
Old 02-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #2408
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's possible, but I know so little about it myself that I can hardly say. He may have been more likely to tell Saeryn. I don't know what kind of situation it was exactly, and if it wasn't necessary for Thornden to know, and if it was supposed to be confidential, then it probably was not told him.
hmm, I think it would be important for Thornden to know but I will pm you the details and you can decide for yourself.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #2409
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Now that's exactly what makes the story interesting, even if the characters themselves don't know it, but we as writers do

And as you all can see, I have posted our cooperative post with Folwren, which makes the training done at least from our part. Unless any other participants have something to do there (most likely from Durelin's side, if perchance Coen wants to say a few words or something), the situation is clear there and we can move on to post-training events - and tying up the loose ends with the Lithor/Scarburg "civilian"/whatever storyline.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #2410
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll post for Coen asap, wrap up the training from his perspective and start up a little conversation with Thornden. Unless you'd like to just move on completely, which is of course fine.

Sorry for the non-posting.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #2411
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I'll post for Coen asap, wrap up the training from his perspective and start up a little conversation with Thornden. Unless you'd like to just move on completely, which is of course fine.
A discussion has to take place at some point. You could dismiss the soldiers so that other players weren't kept hanging around, and then do it, if you like.

-- Foley
Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #2412
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nerindel: I ended up the meeting as planned. I hope I have used your characters observantly enough. If there are any problems please let me know.

It would be nice to wait for at least Dury's post before bringing all the soldiers back to the Hall and it's near environs. But meanwhile any soldier can post - as well as the kids, lord Athanar's household, Nerindel's characters, lady Saeryn, the kitchen staff, Modtryth... anyone.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #2413
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Ack! I'd forgotten that I had a post due for the kids! I'll try post this evening. Maybe for Saeryn, too.

-- Foley
Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #2414
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That post was written with extraordinary haste and has not much meat to it. Anyway, it sets the game up for the next meeting - that of Javan and Raban and possibly the other boys, too. Sorry to spoil their fun, but Javan was not about to go asking forgiveness of Aedre with a tail of three busybodies. Hopefully Thornden will see it his way if he gets back before Javan's had a chance to do his talking.

I will attempt to post for Saeryn later. If I do, Nerindel and I will have some opportunity to write some posts together.

I must trot, my break from class is nearly over. Later, folks.

-- Foley
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #2415
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A very nice post for Coen, Dury - only *cough cough* Quin, with whom Hilderinc sparred, is one of Athanar's men as well, he's not from Scarburg...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #2416
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh darnit. I need to pay more attention! Going to edit now. Let me know if there are any other problems.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #2417
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Durelin, I posted a short post for Thornden. It is not very good, but I didn't know how to initiate conversation between him and Coen. Maybe you can do something with it.

-- Foley
Old 02-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #2418
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Foley - Feel free to wrap up the conversation as you see fit, or to continue it. I am up for whatever!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #2419
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I knew when I wrote that post that that question was worded in such a way that Coen could take it any number of ways, good or bad.

I am hoping to post something today sometime, but I'm not sure when.

-- Foley
Old 03-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #2420
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

RL has eaten most of us, it seems. Anyone have a bit of time and interested in moving this ahead? Foley and I can always wrap up our conversation later on.

I guess discovering and dealing with the whole Scyld-Erbrand-Lithor mess is next? Perhaps Coen should meet with Athanar about the drills, to let them know how they went, and Athanar could ask how Lithor behaved or what have you (he was suppoed to be there for them, right?), and Coen will tell him that he wasn't there...?

Edit: Though I guess finding Scyld's the first thing. I guess I really should have had Coen notice he's missing. I'm not doing well with keeping track of people... Okay, so maybe I should have Coen find Scyld first.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 AM   #2421
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Edit: Though I guess finding Scyld's the first thing. I guess I really should have had Coen notice he's missing. I'm not doing well with keeping track of people... Okay, so maybe I should have Coen find Scyld first.
Scyrr. Scyrr, Scyrr, Scyrr. Scyrr.

But I am definitely for kicking this up a bit. Let's start moving again. I guess some of the leaders should notice what happened or be informed about it, and then the information can be announced/leaked/whatever and all characters might react to the news.

Later today or tomorrow, when I have time, I might even recheck the thread to refresh my memory and start thinking what to write (and could even write something if nobody seems to be up to it...).
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #2422
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Scyrr
Oh, that really clears things up for me! Lol.

I'll try to work on a post to go look for Scyrr.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #2423
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
But I am definitely for kicking this up a bit. Let's start moving again.
Agreed.

Sorry, but I've been heavily busy lately. It happens every once in a while to me. But I'll try to get something in as well in a day or two.

Anyone wishing to write for her/his character get some fresh information should go for it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #2424
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, that silence was really long. Wow.

I've had a post in the works since Feb. 16 (the last time I posted here on the discussion thread). It was only until today, though, that I summed it up....and it's not even an impressive length.

Durelin, I really want Coenred and Thornden to understand each other, but it sure isn't easy.

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 03-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #2425
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*peeks in, looking slightly ashamed*

Me here. My life has been terribly busy for the start of the semester, so I haven't managed to be here almost at all.

Today I decided to spend my few free hours by checking the 'downs so I'm here, but unless I study extra quickly in the evening, don't expect me to post in a week though. (I have an essay due Monday, an exam due Tuesday and a presentation due Wednesday. SICK, I think, especially considering I'm spending the weekend in a training.)

But after Wednesday next week there should be no more deadlines for a while and my second half of the spring semester should be easier as I will have one less course which will basically mean for example no school on Mondays. Then I should be able to catch up with writing properly - weren't you missing Wulfric and Wilheard?

So, looking forward to the latter part of next week! Great that you all have been keeping this thread going, there have been some excellent posts (but sadly I have been unable to rep).

See you guys soon, and that time I shall stick around.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #2426
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hey there.

My life hasn't exactly slowed down, but I've forced it into reasonably organized submission. Which means time for some play.

My only problem is, it's been so long I've forgotten what my characters are doing!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #2427
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

um....Degas is ..... um... Geez...I forget. Oh, I think he was pretty happy with how Athanar handle the court cases, but I don't think we've figured out what's happened since. Is he pleased with Athanar's proposal to Saeryn? Is he worried for her safety? Etc.

Rowenna...I don't think Degas has asked Rowenna to stay yet.

I can't recall any more particulars about your characters. so sorry.

-- Foley
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #2428
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Thanks, Foley! Now I remember.

Degas has asked Rowenna to stay, but she hasn't given an answer. He's planning on leaving in a day or two to check on matters at home, and to frolic southernly with the wife-to-be's kin (and hopefully bring what's his yap home).

And I *think* that was all I had going on.

Let me think on how I want to proceed, and then I'll post something, even if it's something small.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #2429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

We didn't reach any conclusion on Erbarnd and Lithor leaving, right?

The current confusion is kind of making it difficult for me to write. So what would you people think if I took Groin's parting post and checked it, and tried to make it make a bit more sense (correct Scyrr's name and maybe edit his actions a bit - and the women's, because I don't think Groin was portraying Ginna and Frodides fairly or coherently) but sort of respectfully to his original idea and keeping his characters' thoughts and dialogues and then posted the edited post on this thread so that Pio could replace Groin's original post with my slightly edited version and we could continue writing?

I'm all for Scyrr and Erbrand having a fight, and even the women thinking Scyrr is dead and Erbrand being scared by that... All kinds of suggestions are welcome from you other writers but I would prefer start working on it soon, so if I post something and you think it could be made better, just tell me and I will do further editing. I will also try to contact Kath and get her revise Erbrand and Kara's parting scene because (with all respect to Groin) I have the feeling she might not approve thoroughly...

Once I'm done with editing, I will write for my characters, and I have the feeling I want Wulfric and Wilheard to be the ones to spot wounded Scyrr first....
Old 03-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #2430
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I do think that time has kind of settled Groin's post in it's basics - and that we should honour his wish to leave that way with his characters. But I do agree that what comes to other characters he has written there, some editing would be in order - especially hearing what Kath thinks.

Good to hear you're going for it Lommy.

What comes to lord Athanar he must have been seeing the craftsmen after discussing with Nerindel's characters in the morning.

But feel free to disturb him whenever you wish.

Also, now as the soldiers have come back from the drilling it could be lunch-/dinnertime if anyone of you thought it would be easier to go on discussing with others over a meal.

Or if you have other ideas...

Anything you'd wish to be said and/or done to help you out?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #2431
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Wynflaed will want to discuss the domestic situation with Saeryn and whoever else she wants to bring in... and also possibly be a bit racist.

Really if people could let me know anything that would need to come to her attention and/or elicit a reaction that'd be helpful. But I still haven't been able to see a way to let her back into the action, and I haven't really had the time to look that deeply.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #2432
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Wynflaed will want to discuss the domestic situation with Saeryn and whoever else she wants to bring in... and also possibly be a bit racist.

Really if people could let me know anything that would need to come to her attention and/or elicit a reaction that'd be helpful. But I still haven't been able to see a way to let her back into the action, and I haven't really had the time to look that deeply.
Racism is fun!

Really, though, I'm in the same boat with Lilige. Once they know about the Scyrr issue, though, there'll be more to go on.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:26 AM   #2433
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ai ai, why did I ever choose a half-Dunlending character? Or why are dark genes more dominant? Anyway, she will be wherever she is needed and I'm looking forward to stuff...

I'll take Groin's post now and see if there's something that should be edited. Once I'm done I will post it here. I will also try to spam Kath on Facebook and make her revise Kara&Erbrand's dialogue.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #2434
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Here's a slightly revised version of the scene by the river... It was more difficult to edit it than I thought because I didn't want to change Erbrand's actions or make him look like a total lunatic. Mainly what I did: 1) Scyrr's phrasings are slightly less offensive. 2) Scyrr doesn't continue the fight after he's already beat Erbrand quite badly without getting hurt himself. 3) Scyrr threatens to stab Erbrand with the knife if he doesn't let go of his leg (instead of just drawing it and intending to stab him). 4) The women act a bit more sensibly, not like two princesses or two hens. If you have further edits or edits to my edits, just go for it. And feel free to criticise my edits.

~*~

Erbrand noticed some ladies fetching water from the stream that flowed into the marsh. The women were upstream and there was no worry about Erbrand polluting anything other than swamp water; however, it did not take long for Erbrand to find out their opinions of his revolting work. They sniffed the air and covered their noses. He could hear them exchanging some remarks and one of them was laughing. Erbrand could not stand being scorned at and his work being so unappreciated. In a rage he threw down his pole and angrily marched to where they were gathering water. They were not alone—there was a man with them. The two women were Ginna and Frodides and the man was a soldier, apparently ordered to help the two ladies and not enjoying his job.

The soldier looked up, grimaced and gave a snort. “Phhew! I came for drinking water, but looks like you came for a bath. ” Erbrand felt his rage rekindled.

“And who in tarnation are you to scorn me?” Erbrand bellowed. “Would you warm your hands in leather gloves? Saddle or bridle your horse? Do you dance to the sound of the drum or lace the chords of your armor? What about the bellows that heats the forge? It’s leather! Stinking leather. Do you want good shoes or do you not? Shall I create padding for the lord’s chairs? I hunt and trap for animals and I feed Scarburg with their meat and give people tools that make it possible for them to do their jobs. Why then do you scorn me?”

The soldier simply stared at him. Frodides and Ginna were doing the same although they were a bit more surprised at the outburst. Erbrand let out a long breath before finishing in a calmer yet sill annoyed voice.

“Now, let me get on with my scraper and dung, you hold your nostrils and hold your tongues.” Erbrand turned to leave when a pebble hit him in the back.

“Hey, tanner, watch your tongue.”

“I’m not in the mood today, soldier.” Erbrand said with particular emphasized scorn on the word soldier.

“Name’s Scyrr. And looks like you need to be taught some manners for your betters.”

That was all the provocation Erbrand needed. He spun round and with a mighty yell ran at the Scyrr. The soldier, however, expected this struck a sidelong blow sending Erbrand spinning but not falling. Frodides and Ginna yelled at the two to stop. Blood was spilt, it was too late as Erbrand made apparent as he untied his leather apron and tossed it aside. There was a wild gleam in Erbrand’s eyes as he rushed again. He leaped, hoping to tackle Scyrr, but the swarthy soldier stepped aside. Scyrr laughed as Erbrand spat tufts of mossy grass from his mouth.

"Hope you learnt your lesson, tanner."

Another exclamation of rage escaped Erbrand’s lips. Again and again Erbrand was struck down until his nose was bleeding and his gums were cut. For the fifth time Erbrand arose, sagging, bleeding and weary. Scyrr had been unhurt, keeping Erbrand at bay with ease.
“Do you still wish to continue?” Scyrr asked, smiling.

Again Erbrand rushed at him in rage. Again the soldier stepped aside, tripping Erbrand.
“Enough! Stop this nonsense!” Frodides exclaimed.

The soldier regarded the woman and turned back to Erbrand giving him a kick on the calf. It was not hard, nor was it gentle, but it was enough to excite an anger that surpassed any that Erbrand had known up to that time. Such was the treatment one gave a disobedient dog.

“I’m done - for today”, Scyrr said.

Whether Scyrr said this to frighten Erbrand or whether he said it because it was true, Erbrand never found out. In a fight anger is as good as courage. With fingers extended like talons, Erbrand’s hands seized Scyrr’s left leg with an iron grip and twisted it. The soldier gave a howl and collapsed next to Erbrand (who lost no time in returning Scyrr’s punishment blow for blow). This time Ginna took up the chorus with Frodides.

“Stop it! Fools. Before somebody gets hurt badly!”

The cry was not heeded. A knife flashed in the sunlight, it was Scyrr’s.

"Get off my leg or I'll sting you with this!" the soldier growled.

Erbrand struck relentlessly and hard. Soon he found his fingers around Scyrr’s neck, pressing harder and tighter.

“I am not some dog you can kick. I am a man! I am a man!”

Soft small hands grasped his and beat his strong shoulders. Erbrand let go of Scyrr’s throat. Ginna and Frodides knelt beside the Scyrr. He was not moving.

“Fools!” Frodides cursed.
Ginna's face was pale when she tried to find his pulse. “If he's dead ... Erbrand, if he's dead, you will hang for this.”

~*~

I suggest Pio posts this edit after we either agree it's good or make some amendments and after Kath has done her possible amendments to the parting scene in the same post. I wrote on her wall in Facebook so let's hope she reacts in a few days...
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #2435
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great job, Lommy. Looks fine to me.

Once again it made me think what reasons would Scyrr have to actually start attacking Erbrand like that - once again remembering that Coenred himself had specifically warned the soldiers against starting brawls - but hmm... now that I think of it... I actually started to recount possible reasons and it might as well be good for a post, some of Scyrr's inner thoughts after he's being transported to Scarburg... That would be quite good in this situation, wouldn't it? Speaking of that, who is going to meet him first? Who is he going to be "forwarded to"? I can make it so that the women will carry him there and then they will go to fetch somebody... and then "somebody" will definitely need to cope with the situation... and start solving it. I guess anybody could approach him, if you want to...

So I'm going to make a post for Scyrr. I assume we are not going to make any drastic changes in the course of events with Erbrand, and if so, I can always edit it.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #2436
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sounds cool, Legate. If no one has anything against it, I would love to make Wulfric and Wilheard meet Scyrr first - after all, they are also coming back to the hall grounds from a bit further away, so they could spot him & the women before anybody else if they were coming from the same direction...
Old 03-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #2437
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Sounds all right to me. Feel free to have W+W come there and see Scyrr, I have written the women going away to fetch somebody, but you can choose one or both of them to reappear there or you can have W+W encountering Scyrr alone, whatever is better for you.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #2438
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Finally posted, sorry it took me so long...hope it's alright Foley that I basically wrapped up their meeting (still left it for you to respond to finish it of course). Let me know if you wanted them to talk more. Or we can always start working on the next meeting, eh?

So Lithor and Scyrr were both absent from the drills -- was anyone else that I completely missed? I'm sorry I've not been on top of things at all.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #2439
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
So Lithor and Scyrr were both absent from the drills -- was anyone else that I completely missed? I'm sorry I've not been on top of things at all.
Nobody else that I know of.

It's nice to see things starting going again
Old 03-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #2440
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Dury,

I'll look at that post, I just wanted to put my two cents in here, first....

Lommy, good job with the post. I can not remember Groin's clearly now, so I'm not precisely sure about what you changed, but I liked it.

This is looking really fun again, folks. Thanks so much for bringing it back to life.

-- Foley