The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 08:48 AM   #1
eledhgil

Ring Here come the LotR action figures!

<BR>I just read the Washington Post article on the Toy Fair. Looks like they've already made action figures of Arwen, Gandalf, and Frodo and Co. The fact that they made Arwen reveals pretty clearly (at least to my mind) that she will play a much larger part in the movies than she did in the books. I'm saddened. I'm appalled! I'm outraged!!!!! <br> (Now, does anybody know where I can get one of those darling little Arwen toys for my collection? I hope they aren't too expensive so I can get them all. just kidding.)<br> It would appear though that some of our worst fears about the movies have a basis in reality. I'm still going to see them with great expectations. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000126>eledhgil </A> at: 2/13/01 11:17:48 am<br></i>

Old 02-14-2001, 02:10 AM   #2
Zoe
Wight

Zoe has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> One advantage of having Arwen Warrior Princess action figures: you can always buy a few to let your home-made Balrog figures eat. (I'm thinking that from the scale of an action figure, a dog would be as scary as a Balrog, even if it didn't look the same...) Or to throw into Mt Doom, for that matter.<br> <br> (BTW: I'm not saying that Arwen from the books deserves to be thrown into Mt Doom, just the Hollywood Arwen.) <p></p>
Old 02-14-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
The Dagda
Pile O'Bones

The Dagda has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>LOTR action figures</b><br><br> Back on topic for moment. It's too bad the New Line execs hadn't put too much thought into the marketing potential of including Tom Bombadil in the film and his resulting action figure, along with Old Man Willow, who can open and injest the reclining hobbit action figures. Parents would have to buy the Tom Bombadil doll because only he could free the hobbits from the Tree (by cleverly &quot;singing&quot; an infrared code to open Old Man Willow and put him to sleep). Too cool! <p></p>
Old 02-14-2001, 07:43 PM   #4
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Does anyone remember those change banks where you would set a coin on top and a hand would come out and grab it? I had one as a kid and it was great. It would have been so cool if the Downs would have been included in the movie and there was a Barrow Downs bank with a Wight-hand jumping out to get my money!!! <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 02-14-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
The Dagda
Pile O'Bones

The Dagda has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> How can they have missed all this?? There could be a Barrow Downs action set, with the standing stones, and the Barrow that collapses when, yes, the Tom Bombadil doll &quot;sings&quot; into it. And out come the Hobbits and their cool swords that light up like red flames!<br> <br> PJ will have to recall the Hobbits back to Middle Earth and find someone to play old Tom Bombadilo! If only...<br> <br> [edit: to axe the emoticon] <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000130>The Dagda</A> at: 2/14/01 9:04:10 pm<br></i>
Old 02-28-2001, 05:30 PM   #6
galpsi
The Unquiet Dead

galpsi has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Will the Frodo figure come with a removable tenth finger? (Small parts may be swallwed: not suitable for children under three years of age.) When you press the button on his back, will he express his existentialist angst?<br> Will Merry and Pippen grow when you feed them ent-draughts? Maybe like the way Malibu Stacy's breasts develop when you rotate her. That would be cool.<br> Surely Gollum will have Kun-Fu grip. <p></p>
Old 03-17-2001, 04:07 PM   #7
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Halloween costumes</b><br><br> Hey, I want a Gollum costume, complete with 6 teeth and a fiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh, my precious. <p></p>
Old 03-17-2001, 10:02 PM   #8
Zoe
Wight

Zoe has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Halloween costumes</b><br><br> I think that what's needed is a Balrog Halloween costume. Wings sold seperately so those who don't think they exist don't need to wear any. (also a good opportunity to make extra money) <p></p>
Old 03-27-2001, 07:27 PM   #9
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Halloween costumes</b><br><br> My Dad made a scary comment via messenger the other day about Hobbits in Happy Meals....I nearly screamed at him. Can you just imagine? BTW, I have a great idea for some quick money...what about a whole series of characters with the One Ring on? Frodo, with the ring on. Bilbo, with the ring on. Gollum, Sam, etc. Production costs would be 0! <p>-*-The X Phial-*- You must believe in free will, you have no choice. Isaac Singer</p>