The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2021, 03:18 PM   #241
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Oh wow. I hadn't even thought of that! You're probably right about us having to do something. I'm also leaning Morsul, but I'm by no means confident about it.
I thought of keeping it to myself in the hopes of Sally and/or Legate not thinking of it... but I decided it was best not to risk it.

To Hui's question...

It comes more down to gut and/or a sense of the two player's personalities than to a rigorous vote-scrutinizing process. Morsul feels like he's having more FUN and I feel like he's a player who, having FUN, would be more likely to be a chaos-creating Wolf than Lommy--my sense is that her tendency is toward more standard post-analysis, etc, but although that's been there, there has been a running theme of timezone lag and/or tiredness which to me feels more likely to be broadcast as an Ordo than as a more "dialed in" Wolf.

EDIT: Also, since I cross-posted with Morsul-activity on the Living Thread, I think Morsul, in explaining the "hypothetical" to Soriman feels a lot more analytical than his chaotic playing style would lead me to expect. Keeping such close track of Innocents/Ordos, while something anyone can do (for instead, I'd say it is very typical of a Hui, regardless of the role) is something that--for Morsul--strikes me as less in character if he were an Ordo.

Not that I can't be quite wrong.

Last edited by Formendacil; 04-29-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:24 PM   #242
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huin
That's two of you who've said that, I think... why Morsul? (Asking because I know I've been focusing overmuch on Lommy and don't have a good read on Morsul)
For me, it's mostly about what kind of bussing behaviour makes sense and what doesn't. I still think Lommy's Legate vote wouldn't have made sense if she was a wolf with him - off-handedly voting for a fellow who had been doing an excellent job flying under the radar so far. It would have been an unnecessarily risky thing to do on a Day when an innocent lynch would have meant an immediate wolf victory, and when there was a decent argument against innocent Pitch. This is especially true since Lommy hadn't exactly dug herself into any trenches she couldn't have backed out of - on the contrary, she was explicit about being clueless, which would have been a good cover for buying the argument against Pitch.

Meanwhile, if Morsul is the wolf, bussing Sally would have been more or less a necessity - he had suspected her already the Day before, and with the reveal of at least one wolf between himself, Sally and Pitch, not going after Sally would have looked incredibly fishy. I could see a Morswolf then attempting the same early-vote strategy the next Day to try and lynch Pitch, who had nicely incriminated himself by defending Sally. It just - makes more sense I guess? But there's a limit to the extent to which logic can be trusted in werewolf, so really, it's anyone's guess.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-29-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: x-ed with Form
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:25 PM   #243
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi all sorry for radio silence. I can be here for voting til the deadline (although future Kath won't thank me for it) to be part of Deadline Chicken.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:29 PM   #244
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
I wonder if Boro was dreamed. Because if he was it would’ve been hilarious if Lommy had killed me and had all known innocents around them. Dammit I can wait to read the dead thread bet they’re having a blast.
Errr... no? We're having nervous breakdowns here!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 04-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #245
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I've kept my cards and thoughts close to my chest today, because...

1. I really wish Soriman and Pitch would just take it out of our hands and vote for the same person, but I'm not very hopeful that would happen.

2. I feel like if I were the first to cast my vote and say it is the wolf. Legate and sally would pile on it to make it only appear that I voted for the ordo (when in fact it was for the wolf) and then the rest would then suddenly vote to save the other.

Yes I actually have been thinking #2 as the sneaky wolf tactic today. I would of course be grateful if there was a gentleperson's agreement that the wolves just split their vote today
Old 04-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #246
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
which is not saying the Dead ain't sweet!) + Ranger + Seer have got their act together and will take precautions.
WE'RE NOT SWEET also the Ranger is hanging out with you lot.

Quote:
Dammit I can wait to read the dead thread bet they’re having a blast.
WE ARE NOT HAVING A BLAST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hi all sorry for radio silence. I can be here for voting til the deadline (although future Kath won't thank me for it) to be part of Deadline Chicken.
Future hS has been screaming at me for the past five nights or so, so I get you.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #247
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Errr... no? We're having nervous breakdowns here!
Well, what sort of a final Day would that be without nervous breakdowns, am I right?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:35 PM   #248
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, what sort of a final Day would that be without nervous breakdowns, am I right?
You already killed us! Do you have to drive us mad as well?!

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #249
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
You already killed us! Do you have to drive us mad as well?!

hS
Hey! I am here just observing, whatever the Living are doing is none of my business.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #250
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hey, Soriman voted for Morsul. Come on Pitch
Old 04-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #251
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Form & Greenie, thank you for the reasoned answers re Morsul. I feel like a lot of my worries over Lommy have been based on their interactions with the Ghost, but... it's a new role, we're all figuring out how to make use of it. Given that known innocents have repeatedly misunderstood how the Dead and the Ghost work in this game, I don't think I can hold it against Lommy for doing the same.

So I stand convinced on Morwolf. Given that the Wolves aren't going to give us anything useful, that sort of read is better than trying to play their games.

With Soriman's vote in place, Morsul is definitely on the block today, so we can vote to confirm if we want.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

So as of now, whoever Pitch votes for, Morsul will be the lynch.

If we don't vote here nothing changes. But with 2 wolves here, are you going to keep just taking an observatory role or try funny business to win it at the end to make us hastily change the outcome in the end?
Old 04-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #253
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh no! The Deadline Chicken!

(And you are welcome, because it could have been that much worse if last to get votes sealed the deal)

(Also... why Chicken? Not that I mind, but I am just confused)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
I am loving this :-D
Me too. ^.^ I am as excited for toDay's outcome as any of you.

Quote:
Persuade the mods to let us lynch them both? :-/
Persuade a bit harder and it might work.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #254
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Okay, I really need sleep now. (Never mind future Greenie, present Greenie can't keep her eyes open anymore.) I'm afraid this will amount to a game of absurd Deadline Chicken whatever we do. As there's no way I could stay awake for another hour and 20 minutes, I'm going to stick to my original plan and abstain. Even without me, there should still be enough of us to out-Chicken the wolves - and me voting early for the wrong person is a potential disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Hey, Soriman voted for Morsul. Come on Pitch
Oh my God, he what?? Please Pitch, vote Morsul too and take it out of our hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
But I know you aren't likely to just take my word for it, so if you are unsure, I think making a tie and letting the dead decide would be a very appropriate ending for this game
NO

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-29-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: x-ed with Huin, Boro and Esteemed Moddess
Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #255
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

PITCH!!! OH NO YOU DIDN'T

So it really is up to us now.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #256
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Do we have even numbers here? Let's just split our votes and lynch them both. Pitch and Soriman survive. Village wins.

(I think I'll have to be far more persuasive than this to get the mods on board)
Old 04-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #257
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Do we have even numbers here? Let's just split our votes and lynch them both. Pitch and Soriman survive. Village wins.

(I think I'll have to be far more persuasive than this to get the mods on board)
Lol. While I would not formally break the rules of the game, I am looking for ideas for the narration, which I feel this once in the game should be prominently guided by the Dead rather than the Living thread events. And based on the sentiment so far, the Living are in for it, regardless of their actual roles.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #258
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Well it’s up to the dead y’all should probably just vote now
Gah! It's not that simple when you know there are 2 wolves around who are capable of planning some last minute funny business. We're not all as cavalier with our votes as you are Morsul!
Old 04-29-2021, 03:57 PM   #259
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
The Dead Thread is boiling now.
Thanks. Really helpful.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #260
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Also, while I work on toDay's epic narration at DL, I think it is fair for all the Dead to go haunt the Living in Ghost-mode and tell them everything you think of them It won't change the game anymore and gives you something to do while waiting for the narration, if you feel like it. I'll tell the Living you are coming with the DL post. Please only post there after the DL post is up.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #261
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Lol. While I would not formally break the rules of the game, I am looking for ideas for the narration, which I feel this once in the game should be prominently guided by the Dead rather than the Living thread events. And based on the sentiment so far, the Living are in for it, regardless of their actual roles.
Hey I'm quite proud of the D&D campaign I joined where for my Goliath character I picked up the "disarm" ability because I thought you know getting an enemy to drop a weapon would be quite useful to have...only to find out the factions our group is up against are werewolves and vampires. So I successfully convinced the DM my character was strong enough to disarm vampires...as in literally just rip their arms off. But then vampires can still bite you, so the DM had his vampires go Black Knight to hop on over and attempt to bite me.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:00 PM   #262
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Gah! It's not that simple when you know there are 2 wolves around who are capable of planning some last minute funny business. We're not all as cavalier with our votes as you are Morsul!
Although at least they can't plan anything privately - not even whether they're going to be around for Deadline Chicken or not - so their capacity for coordinating anything is limited. Which isn't to say they can't cause chaos anyway
Old 04-29-2021, 04:02 PM   #263
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:

(Also... why Chicken? Not that I mind, but I am just confused)
"Playing chicken" is... well, the classic movie version is where two people drive cars at each other and see who swerves. In context, we're all charging at the DL and whoever blinks first loses.

Quote:
Persuade a bit harder and it might work.
I mean, they've just abdicated responsibility for their fate to a bunch of corpses. I don't know that anyone deserves to survive this.

Which would be nice and canonical too! Clearly the dead Beren is actually just sleeping and/or wearing a bed sheet and going "woooOOOOoooo".

Uggggh, about a billion cross posts.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #264
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A TRIBUTE TO THE GHOSTS, while you are voting

If there’s something strange
In your suspect list
Who you gonna call?
Ghost!Formy!

Someone’s acting weird
Their votes don’t look good
Who you gonna call?
Ghost!Hui!

I ain’t ‘fraid of no ghost!

If you’re seeing wolves
Messing with your head
Who can you call?
Ghost!Lottie!

An additional hint
Coming from the dead
Ow, who you gonna call?
Ghost haunters!

- Ghosthaunters

“Guiding the Living is like herding cats, so that's a bonus not the meat of the matter” --One Ghost to Another
Old 04-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #265
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ugh... Still leaning Morsul. The whole tie thing feels like a cunning plot. But I am very conflicted.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #266
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I guess someone has to go first. If I'm doing something dramatically wrong here, it can go down in history as my revenge for getting lynched on Day 1.

++Morsul

If there's a better argument for lynching Lommy instead, please do so! I'm really going to sleep now.

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-29-2021 at 04:05 PM. Reason: x-ed with Form
Old 04-29-2021, 04:08 PM   #267
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Also, while I work on toDay's epic narration at DL, I think it is fair for all the Dead to go haunt the Living in Ghost-mode and tell them everything you think of them It won't change the game anymore and gives you something to do while waiting for the narration, if you feel like it. I'll tell the Living you are coming with the DL post. Please only post there after the DL post is up.
I assume you mean full-blown quotes-only Ghosts? How many quotes have "fool" in them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod-Zong: Melian's Aria
I see black banners on the heights
I see black banners on the heights!
Your reckless words have lost the battle!
Quote:
Although at least they can't plan anything privately - not even whether they're going to be around for Deadline Chicken or not - so their capacity for coordinating anything is limited. Which isn't to say they can't cause chaos anyway
They're not even flippin' posting! We're doing it all to ourselves.

Look, should we just vote Morsul and be done with it? I almost did back on Day One, so for me personally it would be very fitting.

Fakeedit: oh, you did. Sleep well, Greenie.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #268
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
"Playing chicken" is... well, the classic movie version is where two people drive cars at each other and see who swerves. In context, we're all charging at the DL and whoever blinks first loses.
For some reason I had an image in my head of a Hot Potato Pass It On type of game, except instead of a hot potato you have a chicken, and also that chicken is alive and flailing and thrashing and shrieking its head off. No one wants to hold the chicken, but you can't let it run loose either, or it will peck everyone's eyes out. (Sounds familiar, everyone who tried to shirk endgame voting responsibility? )
Old 04-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #269
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Goodnight Greenie!

I'll take the plunge too and go for the person who I think is acting more suspiciously than Morsul. Morsul's a wild card but I've felt like he's basically said whatever he's thinking the entire game, as backwards and as much as I might disagree with it. Last few days in particular Lommy just seems like she's holding something back and I go back to the comment from a few days ago about how she was suspicious about Morsul but didn't want to explain why.

++Lommy
Old 04-29-2021, 04:13 PM   #270
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I believe the tally is 2:2 on the Living thread, and 1:1 on the DT. If I am wrong please correct my count.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #271
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
. (Sounds familiar, everyone who tried to shirk endgame voting responsibility? )
-_- Nobody told me being dead came with responsibilities.

So now we're at one vote each way too... this game, I swear.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #272
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well done breaking the impasse, Greenie--right or wrong, it had to be done.

Now... do we all like on or wait?

EDIT: xposted with Boro. I swear...
Old 04-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #273
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
EDIT: xposted with Boro. I swear...
I'm hungry and no one wants my judgement to be influenced by getting hangry. So be done with it now and go get the food.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:20 PM   #274
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I'm hungry and no one wants my judgement to be influenced by getting hangry. So be done with it now and go get the food.
I mean if the outcome of this game ends up hinging on whether you've been fed and watered, that will be kind of perfect.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #275
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
You know, this could be the first WW game on the Downs won by the Dead not the Living.
Or everyone else just vote for Pitch for this comment? Morsul's still lynched.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:24 PM   #276
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Or everyone else just vote for Pitch for this comment? Morsul's still lynched.
TEMPTING.

Ugh, taking one last look at the early votes to see if anything pops.

hS
Old 04-29-2021, 04:28 PM   #277
Formendacil
Dead Serious

The utter silence of our dead Wolves is either great or... suspicious. If Kath is still around, we have room for a robust majority. Otherwise, it might be best if Hui and I agree, since we need to be first to the tie to win it.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:29 PM   #278
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thank goodness I woke up in time.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #279
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm here! I have absolutely no clue which one it is. But I'm tempted to vote for Lommy because I kind of feel like if Morsul is the wolf he deserves to win it.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:32 PM   #280
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, what a final Day would that be without all this, right.