The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #241
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Current vote tally, correct me if wrong:

Nerwen -> Nogrod
Ozban -> Morsul
McCaber -> Rikae
Brin -> Volo
Lottie-> Morsul (2)
Gil -> Volo (2)
Rikae -> Ozban
Inzil -> Ozban (2)
Kath-> Morsul (3)
Morsul -> Ozban (3)

So we have a tie between Morsul, and Ozban.

Yet to vote:
Coppermirror
Nogrod
Greenie
(or did I miss something?)
Bane
Sally

Boro (absent)
Shasta (absent)

And around about now I really have an urge to vote for Boro. But won't, because he isn't here.

Okay.

++ Ozban

Edit: correcting highlighting

Last edited by Coppermirror; 01-24-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: correcting highlighting
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #242
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm rather tempted to lynch Gil or Morsul purely for defeatist attitude and continued disregard of coherent sentence structure respectively, but poor (or poor me) posting alone does not a wizard make, and Volo's plausible guilt is too much to ignore, so it's a difficult decision. I can understand the concern about Oz, but I honestly don't have the time to go back and look at all of his posts, so I'll have to ignore him for the moment.

Volo: Tried to start a bandwagon to save what turned out to be a wizard.

Morsul: Seems to know the alignment of another player.

Gil: Playing the "everyone's picking on me for being me" card far too much.

Of those, I find Gil's behavior to be the least "offensive" toDay, so it'll be down to Morsul and Volo.

I'll decide shortly, but I require a sammich first. Hopefully my next sammich will be packed full of wizard flesh....

x'd since....um, sometime around Nog's #238
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #243
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm. Morsul, what's your explanation for the remark about an innocent Cab?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I can understand the concern about Oz, but I honestly don't have the time to go back and look at all of his posts, so I'll have to ignore him for the moment.
I was going back ewith the same problem in mind and have to bring you this though...

It seems he was suspecting Gil on D1, but immediately when Pom got a vote he voted for McCaber (who already had votes) out of thin air it seems. So if there was an attempt to keep your mate in th game it could be possible to see Oz trying to do that.

Possible that is. There's an haf an hour to try to see how probable it could be.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #245
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And doubleposting, but: Cop, why Oz over Morsul? Give us something to gnaw on.

EDIT: And... not doubleposting.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #246
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Hm. Morsul, what's your explanation for the remark about an innocent Cab?
I can find the relavent posts but this is the Third time:

I used a hypothetical, something lots of people do.

The posts are 172 and 234
Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #247
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sorry, missed that. Fair enough, if only because I almost said something similar and I know I'm not a wizard. Running alongside a known wizard like that made him look quite innocent at any rate (whether he is or not).
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #248
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sally, Oz doesn't have that many posts to look at. For your convenience:

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/search....archid=3767928
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #249
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I used a hypothetical, something lots of people do.
People, he says. Not trolls. People. (Seriously though, a Wizsul would say that....)

x'd with Rikae
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #250
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
I'm rather tempted to lynch Gil or Morsul purely for defeatist attitude and continued disregard of coherent sentence structure respectively,
Now, I hate how I have to constantly defend myself, and I hate having to constantly be using the "every one is picking on me" card because that is really all I have. Nobody seems to believe my reasoning, they simply toss it out and replace their own, usually stating that I don't make any sense. I just have to say I am getting frustrated at this, it is like I am speaking a foreign language and nobody can understand me and just pass me off.

I am trying here, and for the most part I am enjoying this game immensely. But please, if you are going to lynch me, make it because you think I am a wizard, not because you just want to get me out of the game.

(During the day, I am using my phone to type my comments, which is difficult enough as is.)

/rant

I will try harder to explain every minute detail, and explain it twice over to the best of my ability.

xed: since 247
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #251
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
And doubleposting, but: Cop, why Oz over Morsul? Give us something to gnaw on.
I think that Morsul's turn of phrase might well be something an innocent could say. Morsul doesn't word things extremely carefully and can be a bit sloppy. Aside from that remark, there are things which worry me, but I'm not confident enough in those to vote for him.

The real decision was Ozban over Volo, and to be honest I'm not at all sure I've made the right choice, given the amount of strange things Volo said. The reason I went for Ozban is because of the quick vote placement with no warning, few posts, and because it's likely that a wizard would attack another candidate rather than defend a fellow wizard.

Edit: crossposted since Rikae at #245.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #252
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Has Bane been around the whole D2?

His disappearance less than ten minutes before the DL on D1 wolud make me suspect him a lot, but then again if he hasn't been around is there a problem (connection-problem, newbie-problem, whatever-problem)?

Anyway it seems I'm less likely now to ask for lynching him even if I knid of thought of it for a while.

Oz seems a bit suspicious (I looked at a few posts form late D1 and some of toDay), but how much of it is not being used to this game and how much genuine suspiciousness?

I think Volo is more innocent than not (could be wrong), but his "this is bandwagon" -speech seems like his normal self - some others might have used smilies in there. That said, his vote stands out the most in hindsight as a possible "save a mate" vote.

I haven't played with Morsul too many times but I have the feeling he manages to confuse people quite often. That said, the "slip" about innocent McCaber looks pretty bad (even if it is possible he was talking in hypotheticals).
Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #253
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes:
Nerwen-->Nog
Oz-->Morsul
McCaber-->Rikae
Brinn-->Volo
Lottie-->Morsul (2)
Gil-->Volo (2)
Rikae-->Oz
Dun-->Oz (2)
Kath-->Morsul (3)
Morsul-->Oz (3)
Cop-->Oz (4)

Left to vote:
Greenie
Bane
Nog
Sally
Volo
Boro (not happening)
Shasta (not happening)

Lovely.

x'd since my last, and I'll be gone for a few minutes
Old 01-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Left to vote:
Greenie
Bane
Nog
Sally
Volo
Boro (not happening)
Shasta (not happening)

Lovely.
It might be it is down to us two Sally.

So what do you think?

Of the ones with votes (and possible meaningful votes for us two) I might say Oz is a better pick than Morsul or Volo. But none seems especially innocent or suspicious either for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Also. I'm afraid the Wizards might not be among the top of the votes as it is so calm now aka. the Wizards can lay back and watch this from outside.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #256
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It might be it is down to us two Sally.

So what do you think?

Of the ones with votes (and possible meaningful votes for us two) I might say Oz is a better pick than Morsul or Volo. But none seems especially innocent or suspicious either for me.
Well, if that's the case, Bane's getting modfired, which means even more pressure to get it right. How glorious. *headdesks* I don't have a problem with voting Oz, really, but Volo and Morsul are still highly suspicious for me.

Assuming it is just us, Volo would be a ridiculous move, as we'd only tie him with Oz and Oz would still die. Thus, unless someone else shows up, our options seem to be Oz and Morsul.

x'd with Nog
Old 01-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #257
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bane, if you're reading this, you really need to vote before the deadline. For anybody, even if it's a throwaway vote. You'll get mod-fired if you don't vote for two Days in a row, if the rules in this game are the usual ones.

Edit: crossed with Sally and Nog
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #258
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I tired to look also at who had voted for whom (so whether someone's votes were given by shadier or more trustworthy people in this game on my mind) - and only found both main "camps" (Morsul voters and Oz voters) looking too suspicious...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #259
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots Important notice

Bane Mantra is getting a newbie pass for toDay, but if s/he doesn't vote toMorrow, s/he will be modfired.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #260
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I really feel like an Oz vote from me would not be well-informed, at least enough to be comfortable. Morsul made that arguable slip about McCaber and then revenge voted Oz when he was suddenly in the lead. I'd say that's pretty shifty.

x'd with a gracious Thindeadien
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #261
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Impressions (unfortunately based mostly on Day1 and a quick skim):
A Little Green, "Green" - been on rather friendly terms, playing careful, trying to avoid taking a negative stance - ok, that's my reactions due to her agreeing with a few of my thoughts. Feels like a bit too obvious a strategy for a Wizer, more like being careful not to make too many assumptions. I'd say Innocentish zone.
Bane Mantra, "Bane" - sharp eye on the situation, I'd be surprised if is a Wizer.
Boromir88, "Bore" - something doesn't fit, actually my impression is a bit like when we were Wolf partners ages ago.
Brinniel, "Brin" - Critical eye, I feel she'd more good if she were Innocent than damage as a Wizer, otherwise I can't say which way she'd go.
Coppermirror, "Cop" - I might bite the idea that Pom tried to avoid actually having Cop lynched, which would point to Cop being suspicious. At that point it would have been a safe move for Pom, since I don't regard her being once suspected before her vote.
Gil-Galad, "Gil" - When I last played with Gil, his playing style was rather varied based on his role, this game he certainly resembles his Wolf-self: the active caring contribution, being of what feels like a central player, also more desperation than otherwise. Sorry, but avoiding lynching based on strong hunches feels silly at the moment - and there was a series of comments where he was defended quite strongly: I did that in one post, Boro several times, also sally. I felt there was something odd with his feud with Nerwen - like two active players on the same side getting too agressive (I recall Wolves usually staying to the side in such situations - or clearly dissociation from each other). Actually, now that I write down my thoughts, I'm not so sure and will once again give us the benefit of doubt.
Inziladun, "Lad" - Flying over my radar, actually.
Kath, "Kat" - Innocent? The most likely Cobber to my eyes. Dunno.
Loslote, "Lot" - Submarining under my radar, actually.
McCaber, "Cab" - I've had my doubts, but atm doesn't ring alarm clocks.
Morsul the Dark, "Mors" - I don't recall playing with him, but he seems genuine and I would feel surprised if he were a Wizer.
Nerwen, "Nerve" - I've done quite a lot of rethinking about my attitude towards her yesterday, since it bugged me that I ended up voting her while not too sure about her guilt, the other candidates felt less suspicious. I admit, I have a hard time getting a read on her, but I feel like I've lost my case.
Nogrod, "Nog" - He seems to have written more general observations conserning the game than actual analysis of this particular game. Somehow that feels a bit off. But then again, he often implies that he's in a hurry, and I can certainly connect to that. Ah, I trust I've played enough with him to figure him in the end, but nothing more than a slight wariness at the moment.
Ozban, "Oz" - I'm somewhat surprised he got voted, since I've missed his guiltiness.
Rikae, "Rick" - I'm growingly more wary with Rikae. Her actions seem like Pom^2. She's been influencing without answering for the responcibility.
satansaloser2005, "Sal" - No idea. Carefree?
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz" - too little data.
Volo, "Vol" - I'll have loads more time on Day3 and Day4, so if you can forgive me for not keeping up, I'll try to earn my place.
Is G55 playing in this game?

xd w everything since 23:21

Huh! My internet connection was reset and I nearly had a heart attack with even this being deleted.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #262
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Assuming it is just us, Volo would be a ridiculous move, as we'd only tie him with Oz and Oz would still die. Thus, unless someone else shows up, our options seem to be Oz and Morsul.
Exactly.

Unless Greenie somehow miraculously appears...

So which one would you suggest: Oz or MOrsul?

I could go with either (there's reason for both picks).

Oz is a relative newcomer and might earn a go for it but Morsul could be just his normal...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oooo! Also, if Morsul is a wizard, his choosing to vote Oz over Volo would make the third lad look very bad as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #264
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ok:

++Ozban

Morsul feels Innocent.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #265
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Agreeing with Sally

++ Morsul
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #266
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Didn't actually mean to quote that. Whoops. Anyway, as I was saying....

++Morsul

EDIT: x'd with Volo and Nog. Oh, for God's sake.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #267
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This turns out interesting indeed!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #268
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Part of my reason for voting for Oz has evaporated (part I didn't mention) but I still see reason to vote for him, at least more so than Morsul.

Edit: X'd with everyone since Sal #263.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Deadline, stop posting.

Ozban has been lynched.

Narration to follow...
Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

End of Day 2, start of a new day

Stupid as they are, the trolls were clever enough to figure out what had happened the day before when they had been asleep. They started arguing, as usual, and calling each other ugly names (which did sound quite endearing actually, but you wouldn't dare to tell that to their faces, of course) until they reached a consensus they wanted to kill a wizard.

"Great, so how do we get one?" asked Green. "The shoe thing didn't really work."
"What about socks?" asked Nerve. "I've been a-looking at Nog's socks."
"I've been looking at Mors' socks", Oz growled.
"Trolls don't wear socks!" Cab shouted.
"Yer right," agreed Brin.
"What's that thing on Mors' feet then?" asked Lot.
"It looks an awful lot like socks to me," Kat agreed.
"Green socks," Nog added.
"Furry green socks," Sal clarified.
"Idiots!" said Rick. "It is mold."
"Blimey! Yer right," said Gil.
"Hey but Oz has socks!" Lad pointed out.
Everybody turned to look at Oz and lo! He was unmistakably wearing red-and-yellow striped socks.
"That is not mold," said Mors gleefully.
"True as a troll," said Cop.
"I say we sit on him and squeeze his wizardry out of him," Vol opined to the delight of the other trolls.

Even though Oz was a big and strong troll, he was no match for more than a dozen of his kind, so they subdued him and sat on him, one by one, until they formed a nice pyramid of fourteen trolls. (Bane, Bore and Shaz were all having a nap, and their snores were so loud that had the pyramid been made of anything less heavy than trolls, I'm sure it would have toppled over.) For a long time, Oz was trying to fight his way under the other trolls' massive, smelly bodies, but after some time he stopped struggling.

"Does that mean we can get off?" asked Rick, who was the lowermost of the other trolls.
"He could still be alive," said Lad.
"He hasn't got any smaller," added Mors carefully. "Only p'raps a little flatter."
"I'm not enjoying this," said Cop. "That fat oaf Vol is a-crushing me."
"Then move yerself you booby," said Vol, and with these words, all the trolls started crawling out of their troll pyramid with many curses and confusions.

In the end, they all got back in their feet again, and only Oz was lying on the floor. He looked the same as ever, only deader, and thus the trolls learned that wearing socks doesn't always mean you are not a troll.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

~*~

Night 3 falls. Clever troll, Insomniac troll, Purse-troll, send both the mods your picks whenever you're ready. Wizards, start plotting and choose your victim. Others, shut yer bloody mouths!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #271
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

End of Night3, night falls

When dawn broke, the wizards were angrier than ever. Yes, one more troll was dead, but their schemes had gone awry.

"The daytime is the time we can act, yet we came to naught! This cannot happen again!" said the first wizard.
"We have come to dark times," said the second wizard. "Perhaps it is not our fate succeed, but that of these evil creatures to roam the lands freely. The Dark Lord's hand has grown long - perhaps it already reaches these remote lands."
"Do not despair!" said the third wizard. "For there is one thing that always remains: hope."
"Fool's hope I name it now," said the second wizard bitterly.
"Nay, it would be folly to give up now. We still have each other, three of our high order, and together we may yet do great things," said the first wizard, and thus the second wizard's doubts were eased and he laughed.
"Time may prove our greatest ally," he said after a while.
"Indeed," said the third wizard. "So what shall we do with the time that is given to us?"

Long they debated again, both on which troll would they be the wisest to slay - and this did take time, for they all kept in mind that advice is a dangerous gift even when it is given by the wise to the wise and thus ended up saying nothing for a long time - and how to do it. But we have to remember that they were wizards, great spirits from the West, not mere mortals, so in the end, they again managed to make a plan.

Even more quietly than the day before, they crept into the cave where the trolls lay sleeping. The one they wanted to kill lay sleeping on his side in the middle of the cave. They surrounded the troll and the first wizard took his staff. Carefully, he drew runes on the sleeping troll's stomach and the picture of a great gate.

"Are you certain this will work?" the second wizard whispered. "I do not mean to be pessimistic, but..."
"I fail to see why a stone troll should be any different from some other kind of piece of stone," replied the first wizard.
"Worry not," said the third wizard to the second. "He knows what he is doing. Did he not study the secrets of door making with Narvi in Khazad-dûm?"
"Shh," said the first wizard, who was concentrating. They all looked at the troll and the markings that glowed blue on his stomach. Then the first wizard spoke in a commanding voice:

"Annon istarion, edro hi ammen! Lasto beth lammen!"

For a split second, they thought nothing happened.
"Edro!" they chanted in unison and lo! the troll groaned and his stomach parted in the middle. Caught between horror, fascination and self-congratulation, they wizards watched his guts spilling to the stone floor.
"Now back to sleep before that insomniac spots us!" whispered the third wizards, who was the quickest to recover his senses. They did as he bid them, and fell asleep again in their troll disguises.

When the sun set, they woke up alongside with the real trolls. There was a horrible clamor and noise in the cave, and some disbelieving howling and cursing, for none of the trolls could comprehend how Vol's intestines could have just exited his body during the day. What they comprehended even less, however, was what they found in his pocket. It was a note that said:

"SUPORT LETR TO WIZERS. KIL TROLS, I GET MORE FOOD. I WILL HEPL U."

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"

~*~

Day 3 starts! Stop PMing and start talking.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The wizards killed their cobbler? No need for discussion, it's obvious one of them must be Boro!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #273
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
The wizards killed their cobbler? No need for discussion, it's obvious one of them must be Boro!
Really! Nice of them to save us the trouble. I wonder what got their attention on him that way?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The Wizards clearly are not making the best choices...

Just a quick one that has bothered me since I saw it in the end of D2. What do you mean by this Rikae? I mean it's not like you to panic on the last minute so what was that? What was the intention behind the need to make that statement?
Quote:
Part of my reason for voting for Oz has evaporated (part I didn't mention) but I still see reason to vote for him, at least more so than Morsul.

Also, I'm very curious as to why they picked Volo. Needs to see about that - and others should as well. For one thing is that the Wizers seldomly kill randomly...

Here's the voting from yesterDay meanwhile.

D2

Nerwen -> Nog
Oz -> Morsul
McCaber -> Rikae
Brinn -> Volo
Lottie -> Morsul 2
Gil -> Volo 2
Rikae -> Oz
Zil -> Oz 2
Kath -> Morsul 3
Morsul -> Oz 3
Copper -> Oz 4
Volo -> Oz 5
Nog -> Morsul 4
Sally -> Morsul 5

Did not vote: Greenie, Bane, Boro, Shasta
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #275
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also, I'm very curious as to why they picked Volo. Needs to see about that - and others should as well. For one thing is that the Wizers seldomly kill randomly...
It begs the question of whether Volo was their blocked target, ie were they after him from the start, or was it something from yesterNight only that painted him as a threat? Being in search of a trailless kill or one that's difficult to lynch doesn't seem to apply in this case.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #276
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
It begs the question of whether Volo was their blocked target, ie were they after him from the start, or was it something from yesterNight only that painted him as a threat?
With a "village" - a cave - this big the chances of missing a kill are minuscule (and our Wizards managed to hit it wrong the first Night, yes) so I'd say it would be very stupid from the wolves to stay with their N1 pick in case they had reason to think someone else looked seerish on the basis of D2... Now it is possible they thought Volo seerish both on D1 and D2 and ran for him on both Nights, sure, but that's something looking back at what Volo said on BOTH Days is something worth doing - and by more pairs of eyes than just one.

I'm at it right now, but would like some others to give their eye on it as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #277
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, so it wasn't Nogrod, as I thought early yesterDay, or Kath, as I thought later yesterDay. Maybe not having to suspect everyone of cobblerism will make things a bit easier.

Nog - I thought he was a seer-dreamed wolf, which didn't make sense by the end of the day, though he still looked suspicious to me.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #278
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Hilarious Lottie.

Apologies about yesterday, I was blindsided with whole day becoming occupied. There still a good chunk of Day 2 I need to read, but I've thoroughly digested Day 1 and here's what I've gotten up to in terms of analysis (there will be Day 1 and 2 analysis on everyone who is still alive). I'm not going to quote every post or note written because that would be really extraneous...don't think anyone wants to read "____ was suspicious of ____ in post #__ because of _______ reasons." If requested I'll provide the relevant posts and quotes.

Begining with Pom since she just has 1 day and the rest will be in order according to the Mod list

*Also note not completely getting through Day 2 yet I very well might be repeating what others have already brought up yesterday, but you'll just have to deal with it.*

Pom

Day 1 Analysis:

The important point to keep in mind is at this point Pom had no votes, and she leaves probably not even thinking she’s in danger of being lynched. It was only after she leaves and her peculiar #103 that gets the suspicion and votes going against her. So basically everything she says, if looked at from the wizard’s bias of Pom knows who’s innocent and her other mates, can be looked at as she’s not stating anything in an attempt to save herself.

For instance in #92, she says she’s inclined to think between the Gil and Nerwen battle both are innocent. I’ve used this tactic many many times as a wolf. When the inevitable battle between two people occur on Day 1, and already having the knowledge both are innocent, throwing out a “both are probably just innocents fighting” makes one look better if it just so happens one of them winds up getting lynched. If it’s an argument between a wolf-mate and an innocent, I don’t recall every purposefully drawing attention to the matter. I suppose it’s possible, because Pom would likely act a different baddie than myself, but I saw #92 and chuckled with the hindsight bias of finding out Pom’s guilt and I’ve used the same tactic before to look all smart and reasonable. “These two knuckleheads arguing are probably both innocent.” And if one winds up getting the other lynched, just an easy tactic to make it look like you've made a wise, substantial point about something.

And #103 the infamous “keep an eye on the Cop voters” it’s not so much that part which was interesting and led to the wizard getting lynched. It’s her reaction to McCaber’s that makes McCaber look innocent. She’s not making these posts with any worry that she will wind up getting lynched Day 1, so why suddenly draw attention to McCaber’s vote as one that looks to be jumping onto a bandwagon, when interestingly enough, Pom does the same? It’s funny, Rikae was the one who originally pointed out unease about Cop (in 66), based on a recap of banter is really about as useful as banter itself. I said in #70 I didn’t like the vote, not because of the earliness of it, but I didn’t understand what made my banter more gut-feeling bad than the rest (something that Nerwen also questioned in Post #57). Pom in 92, Rikae 93 and McCaber 94 all say the basic point about not liking Cop’s vote for me (woah that‘s like an elite army of troll guards to my defense :-/). If anything, Pom was looking like an opportunistic bandwagoner along with McCaber. But Pom had a slightly higher ground to stand on as her post came in first out of the 3. So why would a guilty Pom point this out in #103 if McCaber was a wizard mate?

-----

Greenie

Day 1 analysis -

Nothing obviously alarming from Day 1, a normal, methodical Greenie. It’s her actions and end result that is suspect. #110 her only comment about Pom’s post 103 is “she’s got some nerve saying it.” In #118 it’s a semi-defense arguing it should be disregarded if she was joking, and seen hypocritical if she was serious, but it really doesn’t point to anything. And spends most of her Day 1 posts to steer focus on McCaber’s opportunistic vote against Cop, and not on Pom’s same opportunistic reasons. Given Pom’s allegiance, and not knowing McCaber’s, this does look like a subtle, but consistant effort to divert focus off Pom’s vote and peculiar statement onto McCaber.

Day 2 analysis -

#201 Agrees with Nerwen’s point:

Quote:
[3]McCaber is guilty and Pom freaked at the fact that both of them had jumped on the same person.
This is why she remains “somewhat suspicious of McCaber”…(My note of interest here: Considering Greenie voted for McCaber and gave 3 reasons for it, albeit Day 1, and one of those a “gut-feeling” it still had the appearance of about as reasoned as a vote as one might expect for Day 1. I’m not sure what changed…I would think she would still remain highly suspicious about the fact that McCaber made an opportunistic looking vote and not attempt to slowly back away from the suspicion if it were earnest suspicions. This does raise the first big wizardly flags, because after trying to steer the focus onto McCaber the previous Day, given that Pomwizer was lynched, it seems Greenie wants to now drop the case). She brings up we may be over interpreting Pom’s peculiar statement, which makes it seem like she doesn’t want anyone going back to look at her posts trying to put focus onto McCaber’s vote and not Pom’s. Too bad, I have.

Definitely suspicious of Greenie’s actions. In #222 Greenie makes a sudden turn to feeling good about McCaber saying he made a "shrewd point" that Rikae was trying to turn focus on him and away from Pom. When interestly enough, Greenie was doing the same, she gave reasoned defenses for Pom’s post in #110, while also putting the focus on McCaber’s opportunistic looking vote.

-----

Forgot Bane only has 1 day of analysis to look at too:

Aside from not voting at all, despite giving Pom as his #1 suspect, looks fairly good so far. Thought there would be more to analyze and go off of for Day 2, but doesn’t show up. Hopefully he does today. Undetermined, but leaning innocent/nothing alarming. He says Pom's post 103 looks incongruous there is an exchange with Greenie about this point, so I'd like to hear what Bane thinks about Greenie now that we know Pom's role.

-----

Brinn

Day 1 analysis -

Didn’t agree with her Day 1 vote for Nerwen, but it wasn’t as suspicious looking as I originally thought. It should be known it’s hard to determine when the banter should end and more substantive posts begin. When it’s a fairly straight forward game, without much in terms of new roles and strategy to consider, all you can pretty much say is IC and banter. There’s nothing substantive to say, until some votes start coming in and you can clearly see “ok where is there a bandwagon starting? Does it look opportunistic or justified?…etc.” Banter tends to weed itself out without the prodding of other members “ok folks we’re at post #42 IC and banter time is up.” Having said that, it seems like an honest philosophical difference about Day 1, since starting out without any clues and yet having to vote early, like Brinn had to, you’re really in the dark with only banter to rely on.

Day 2 analysis -

Reasoning looks innocent and honest (see primarily Post 187). Disagree about some of those she seems to be trusting at the moment (Greenie), and therefore I’m not going to completely trust her findings, but gives clear insight and opinion on everyone. Makes it easy to see where she stands on everyone.

----

Time to finish the rest of this large crowd....
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #279
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

About Volocobbler

Says he will start tasting us trolls to see who tastes like a Wizer… also says “I'll go back to sleep though if I can find which way the cave goes deeper and which is the way back to the entrence. I never know. But I like waking up late in the night”.

So faking a seer? I mean you could read that in the way of him hinting at being a seer now that you look at it. Well, a reason for a close-reading Wizard to get suspicious of him anyway (even if I do wonder about Volo’s intention here).

Questions McCaber’s use of the word “suspicious” in post #29 and says they felt somewhat exaggerated.

Defends Kath quite clearly: “The case with Kath seems too harsh… currently no other interpretation but troll feels based enough to me. Until further notice that is”.

Backtracks on Kath. Says Morsul is either fishy or thoughtless. Both two he explains by their posts. Then says of Nerwen she’s “cold” more based on gut. Sympathizes Gil and hopes him to stay around. Explains his own inactivity…

Asks Brinn why she thinks Rikae looks genuine. Continues with suspecting Rikae saying he’s “clearly looking more closely at Rikae”.

Vote-tally. Says: “Nerwen I'm not sure about, but Pom feels more genuine (although I haven't gone through her posts as carefully), McCaber is more on the naughty side compared to the others”.

“Ok, Nerwen is the one I find the most suspicious of those who have votes and will vote for her to save McCaber if I can't agree with someone on a more suspicious character. Due to so much submarineing, I don't feel confident about there being a Wizer in the voted lot.”

Votes Nerwen. With the almost infamous comment: “This is a bandwagon. McCaber and Pom are less suspicious and they're up to 3 votes, so this is to counter that. Also, lots of talk, little reasoning”.

Explains he had read the votes wrongly between Pom and Copper. Says Copper doesn’t look that suspicious.

Day2

Interesting post indeed. Starts with Copper and her not being sounding “entirely genuine”.

Then he goes on saying that Nerwen broughts Cop up (and that there’s nothing incriminating in Nerwen bringing on that) and Rikae goes for it… And he decides to mention that Nerwen stays ambiguos about Cop and Rikae “diminishes her suspicion” on her, but the damage is already done and that “something smells” there.

Analyses people… (more of that in the next post with some thoughts about Volo as a possible seer from the POV of the wolves)

Votes Ozban as Morsul "feels innocent".
Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #280
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well at least the cobbler's gone...

Honestly hate that Oz was an ordo, ruined a good 1 day streak there.

Have a feeling I'm pretty high on everyone's chopping block today...

Will look into the Oz and Morsul voters... So pretty much half the players.