The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
WW LXXIX: Fall From Olympus

The sun never rose on the mountain that fateful day. The skies were a deep purple, with thunder rolling through it and reverberating through the halls of Mount Olympus. Rain spattered the the side of the mountain. Below, the mortals stayed indoors, sheltering from the coming onslaught. All able bodied man were put too work, sandbagging the rivers so they wouldn’t over flow into their crops and drown their livestock. Women and children were bustling inside, making sure everything was secure, readying food and making sure their was a plate ready for when the men came home. Greece had never looked so desolate...

Yet the weather paled in comparison to the storm that was raging inside of Mount Olympus. The Gods were in an uproar, for Hermes had just delievered a message to them from the Fates, one that would affect their lives from this day forth: the Twilight was upon them. The ever powerful reign of the Olympian Gods was supposedly coming to an end. They had all gathered in the Halls to conviene, including Hades and his wife Persephone, as well as Poseidon, all of whom usually kept to their domains. Yet this was no ordinary day, not when their lives were hanging in the balance.

It was foretold, long ago, that one day, the Twilight would come and the Gods reign would cease. Yet nothing was said as to how it would happen. And the message that Hermes had brought with him from the Fates was also very vague. It also did not help that Apollo, being the God of Prophecy had seen the death or disappearance of his entire family. For the first time since the Titans, Mount Olympus was surrounded in a shroud of fear.......

The clammering in Olympus went on all day, everyone at each other’s throats...almost literally in some cases. Some of the Gods seemed to be acting a little more agressively than the others...Yet no one would do a thing about it. Zeus finally called them all to attention. “Attention....ATTENTION!!” His voice rumbled through the hall and everyone fell silent. “The Fates have said our Fates are sealed. Yet as my son Hercules has always said, we make our own destiny. Let’s put this squabbling aside and come together as a family and beat it. The Twilight shall not descend upon us yet!” There was a chorus of agreement from the other Gods. And as the purple in the sky slowly faded to black, the Gods dispersed one by one, heading to their rooms for the Night........

It is now Night 1.

Wolves start PMing.
Hera and Zeus start PMing.
Eros and Artemis may start PMing.
Shirrifs may start PMing.
Seers send me a dream.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Midnight Scouring

Yet Zeus's words had fallen upon deaf ears. Even in the still of the Night, there were secret meetings amongst four individuals, plotting a most terrible plan. Apollo was in a trance, seeing the future to come. Hermes was flying around, gathering word for his Masters. Even the King of the Gods himself was plotting a secret getaway with his wife Hera.

None were prepared to trust one another. After all, the Gods were selfish and only cared about themselves. None, not even Apollo, could foresee the trouble that was to come with the waking of the sun.

It is still Night 1
Still waiting on a dream from the Seers.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #3
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Silmaril The Twilight Begins

Once again, the sun never rose with the coming of the dawn. Rain continued to plaster the sides of Mount Olympus. The constant thudding of the rain was reverberating through the home of the Gods. Yet the coming of the day bore no good will for the Gods, for something was terribly amiss. Some mysterious forces were at work in Mount Olympus.

Persephone had lost all knowledge of who Hades was. Demeter was in frenzy, trying to calm her woe begotten daughter as Hades stormed about the room. Aphrodite and Hephaestus were both completely unaware of whom the other was and had no idea that they were in fact married and for some unknown reason; Hercules and another mortal were seen sprawled on the floor unconscious, apparently dragged from the mortal realm to Mount Olympus. The Gods were in a state of panic, yet nothing prepared them for what was about to happen next.

As everyone gathered around Hercules (with the exception of a few of his more vengeful siblings) and the unknown mortal, a tiny ray of sun managed to poke its way through the clouds to illuminate the room briefly…but that’s all it took.

Hanging from his scythe, above Zeus’s throne, was Thanatos, the God of Death. As the ray of light disappeared, a tiny glint could be seen, sticking out of his stomach. He had been pierced right through. Everyone started panicking and cursing. Hercules and the mortal finally came around in a state of total shock. Mount Olympus had turned into a zoo in the matter of seconds.

“QUIET!!” Zeus’s thunderous voice echoed loudly through the hall as everyone ceased everything. There was a moment’s pause before Zeus spoke again. “Only a God can kill another God…So it is clear that someone here is the scum that killed Thanatos. It seems someone wishes to bring the Twilight upon us. But I will not let that happen! I will not let fate take control!”

With that, everyone started to disperse throughout Olympus, discussing and conversing on who they thought the culprits were. Day 1 of the Twilight, was upon them…

Dead
Glirdan - Thanatos (Mod)

Alive
Wilwa
Kath
Boro
Mira
Zil
BeiGei
Lottie
Eonwe
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Nog
Phantom
Sally

It is now Day 1
Wolves stop PMing.
Zeus and Hera stop PMing
Eros and Artemis stop PMing

Shirrifs may continue to PM

Everyone start posting!

Last edited by Glirdan; 07-26-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My dear fellow gods, goddesses, and - er - mortals, may I be the first to say - bugger.

Now, to get it out of the way:

"I'm an ordo! So don't lynch me! And don't Night-kill me! I'm an ordo! Really! Nothing special here! Or evil!" *nervous giggle*
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That screams wolf! Who's (what role) is the mortal? I'm confused.

So I'm not breaking any roles I'm gonna check the admin thread.

Edit2: Theres an ordo! Ha!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 07-26-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Want to know how tired I am? I was within an inch of posting a first post that was IN CHARACTER!! Thankfully I remembered just in time that characters were tied to roles, and that posting in character would be stupid for most and downright illegal for some.

So yeah- Phantom's greatly anticipated return to Werewolf (oh hush) was nearly an epic fail.

Anyway, my initial thought- there are a lot of roles! The number of moving parts that are present here, and the chain reaction that could occur as the result of anything one does..... It makes it rather difficult to formulate plans that don't have the possibility of backfiring in a spectacular fashion. Bleh.

But I am quite certain of one thing- The Saucepan Man bears watching!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Want to know how tired I am? I was within an inch of posting a first post that was IN CHARACTER!! Thankfully I remembered just in time that characters were tied to roles, and that posting in character would be stupid for most and downright illegal for some.
I almost did that too...but I didn't, and that's gotta count for something, right?

As it happens, I've not played with most of you. Therefore, I expect to be lynched Day 1 already - BeiGe, thanks for getting that ball rolling.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
As it happens, I've not played with most of you. Therefore, I expect to be lynched Day 1 already
I had no plans for lynching you, but seeing as you are expecting it- well, I would hate to let you down.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I had no plans for lynching you, but seeing as you are expecting it- well, I would hate to let you down.
Well, I would hate to break my outstanding track record.

NOTE: I joked about the Ordo role because I thought there were no Ordo roles, and that we were all going to be pretending to be the one role that didn't exist. Erm.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

*gasp*

Did you just admit to having a role, Lottie?!

My goodness, that was foolish. That means I can now narrow your identity down to nineteen possibilities! I'll have you pegged in no time!
Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 AM   #11
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
*gasp*

Did you just admit to having a role, Lottie?!

My goodness, that was foolish. That means I can now narrow your identity down to nineteen possibilities! I'll have you pegged in no time!
Oopsie! *is a silly little Lottie*
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #12
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, I was hoping more folks would be around, but I guess not.

Can't keep my head off the pillow any longer. Be back upon waking.

(Be sure and entertain our ModGod while I'm gone, as that's the whole point of this, and I can't do it all alone. Well okay, actually I can, but I'm sure he'll appreciate your attempts.)
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #13
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, things have come to a pretty pass! I don't know, somehow you always think the Twilight of the Gods is something that only happens to other pantheons, don't you? *shakes head sadly*

I mean, really, what the Hades is going on? And I hear there's a mortal among us! We must smite this upstart immediately!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #14
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I mean, really, what the Hades is going on? And I hear there's a mortal among us! We must smite this upstart immediately!
Two mortals, I think. Is this your way of diverting attention away from the real culprits? We know perfectly well that no mere mortal could have killed Thanatos. They're innocent. We need to find which of us have turned to serve Cronus, not have fun mortal-mushing.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #15
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
We need to find which of us have turned to serve Cronus, not have fun mortal-mushing.
*sighs* Aww, if you say so...
Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #16
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
*sighs* Aww, if you say so...
*grumbles* It's probably best.

Now. Nerwen. You've been bantering in that "oh I'm acting evil I must be joking and therefore innocent" type banter...but you don't seem evil to me. Of course, it is insanely early (or late, depending on how you're viewing time) to make statements like that, but so far, you seem somewhat innocent to me. I shan't say anything about BeiGe or The Phantom - I have a history of wrongly suspecting the former, and have never played with the later.

Ha! First serious post.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 AM   #17
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Now. Nerwen. You've been bantering in that "oh I'm acting evil I must be joking and therefore innocent" type banter...but you don't seem evil to me.
You're no fun any more. *pouts*
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #18
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
You're no fun any more. *pouts*
Strange...usually I'm more fun at one in the morning, not less. Evidently I'm not sleep-deprived enough to be hyper yet.

Actually, though, you do not sound like Evil!Nerwen. I have a theory, but I shan't share it - too many complicating factors, and it's not like you're allowed to confirm it.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #19
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quite the fab party Thanatos has put on for us, wouldn't you say? Hey! Hey! I know you're all antsy to see me, but watch the glasses!

Quote:
But I am quite certain of one thing- The Saucepan Man bears watching!
Do you know the type? Like are we talking black, grizzly, or were, here? *badabing*

One thing I am quite certain of is phantom will come up with a plan that will best achieve victory for whoever he's allied with, be it wolves, lover, or the great Zeus.

If he be allied with the wolves, we will all object to his plan because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with a lover, we will all object to his plan, because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with the almighty Zeus, we will all object to his plan....oh you get the idea.

Best just go with what he counsels unless it's, "lynch the seer."
Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #20
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
No, no, I'm pretty sure we should still go with what he counsels. If he does counsel that, you can be sure he himself *is* the Seer, and is trying to double-bluff - and thus, his "seer" is not a "seer" at all, but rather a wolf in seer's toga.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #21
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
If he be allied with the wolves, we will all object to his plan because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with a lover, we will all object to his plan, because we don't want to admit it's a good plan, and proceed to lynch one of the seers.

If he be allied with the almighty Zeus, we will all object to his plan....oh you get the idea.
You do realise that all three conditions are one and the same, Boro?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Not much happening. This saddens me.

So I'll make some random comments then. These quotes made me giggle:

Quote:
Want to know how tired I am? I was within an inch of posting a first post that was IN CHARACTER!!
Quote:
I don't know, somehow you always think the Twilight of the Gods is something that only happens to other pantheons, don't you? *shakes head sadly*
Quote:
Quite the fab party Thanatos has put on for us, wouldn't you say? Hey! Hey! I know you're all antsy to see me, but watch the glasses!

Do you know the type? Like are we talking black, grizzly, or were, here? *badabing*
*stops giggling*

And this deserves a legitimate response:

Quote:
One thing I am quite certain of is phantom will come up with a plan that will best achieve victory for whoever he's allied with, be it wolves, lover, or the great Zeus.

First, I'm not all too certain why you've seperated Zeus from the other Lovers. If the other two Lovers find each other they will be no different from the Zeus/Hera pairing. Unless I'm missing something.

Second, Nerwen is right. They are actually all the same. The Lovers and Wolves are essentially on the same team right now. Zeus is really like a 5th wolf at the moment, except he doesn't know who 3 of them are, and has no real say in the Night kill, and counts in the innocent numbers (so maybe more like a cobblerish thing, as long as Hera is still kicking). The other 2 Lovers are potential allies for the wolves if they are united with their wolfy loves.

Hopefully one of each of those seperated Lovers dies before they've found each other. To avoid all the revenge kill business, and to keep the two non wolves from allying with the wolves. Even though wolves are the goal for lynching, it wouldn't be a total waste to kill a Lover.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #23
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Murderers? What are we, Titans?
And how did the mortal(s) manage to get here? I'm pretty sure I didn't see Zeus didn't let them in.

Also:
"Wolf!"

There, now my first post really is screaming it to all of you.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #24
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright, I'm announcing my presence. I'm glad to see I've not fallen too far behind already, though I dare say I will be very far behind before too much time has passed.

Having not been around these goings on for the past couple years, I really have no idea of anyone's habits while playing, but I'll go ahead and jot down my first impressions...

Loslote talks a lot. Whether it is nonsensicle or serious, it's still a lot. Good? Bad? I don't know. I'm having a feeling it's more bad than good, but since few others have posted, I have little to compare it to.

Nerwen seems sensible. Has said nothing alarming yet.

I agree with what Boromir said about Phantom helping whichever side he chooses, but I don't know if my reasoning is quite as his was. But I'm slightly confused about what exactly his reasoning was... Anyway...

Wilwa seems alright, too.

Just my two cents. Only, this is so worthless (being the first day and all) that it's practically only worth .5 cents.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #25
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
First, I'm not all too certain why you've seperated Zeus from the other Lovers. If the other two Lovers find each other they will be no different from the Zeus/Hera pairing. Unless I'm missing something.
I think he meant that in that case the pantom would be on the "good" side as opposed to being Hera. Then again, we're the Olympians- there is no good or evil, only us. But you're right. Zeus would rather have Hera live than the rest of us, even she is on the opposite side.

edit: x-ed with Foley. And I like that spelling mistake, so I'm not going to change it.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #26
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I think he meant that in that case the pantom would be on the "good" side as opposed to being Hera. Then again, we're the Olympians- there is no good or evil, only us. But you're right. Zeus would rather have Hera live than the rest of us, even she is on the opposite side.

edit: x-ed with Foley. And I like that spelling mistake, so I'm not going to change it.
Well he did say 'allied with the almighty Zeus', so he must have been meaning Phantom as Hera. I just don't get why he seperated them from the other Lovers.

Anyway. I want more action. I have to go to work later, and I don't want all the good stuff to happen without me.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #27
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hello people I am here. But I have to leave. So...MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #28
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Interesting tactic, Boro (you know the one I mean- the one that has nothing to do with me personally, but the underlying tactic). Given simple odds I figure you're bluffing, but if you aren't and things happen the way you appear to wish for them to happen (I mean you're practically begging), do you realize how many peeved players there will be? I realize this is a rather free and open game and you are free to place your loyalties anywhere you please, but really...
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #29
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Best just go with what he counsels...
Frankly, I'd rather just lynch the seer.

Going along with what Phantom counsels is no fun at all. If there's any danger that we're going to feel obligated to do so, I recommend lynching him now... or at least chaining him to a rock for the remainder of the game. *gets chains*

To others: I think Boro didn't mean "Zeus" in the sense of the role. Either that, or he's hinting at something.

Also, Boro is acting weird. I think he must have a special role of some kind. Loslote, too. And especially Nerwen, Wilwa, Eonwe and BeiGe. Phantom, however, just seems like a clueless ordo.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #30
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Also, Boro is acting weird. I think he must have a special role of some kind. Loslote, too. And especially Nerwen, Wilwa, Eonwe and BeiGe. Phantom, however, just seems like a clueless ordo.
I am under the distinct impression that everyone in this game has some sort of 'special role'.

I suggest that we NOT lynch Phantom, as he has not said anything remarkably ridiculous this game. There are much better candidates for killing so far.

And once more, I am uncertain of people's playing styles, but I don't understand why one would let the first thing out of their mouth be, "Frankly, I'd rather just lynch the seer." It might just be your style, Rikae, but it sounds rather dangerous to me.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #31
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Why single out the storied phantom? Wouldn't anyone do the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Murderers? What are we, Titans?
And how did the mortal(s) manage to get here? I'm pretty sure I didn't see Zeus didn't let them in.

Also:
"Wolf!"

There, now my first post really is screaming it to all of you.
Thanks for the admission! Now who are your mates?

Quote:
Interesting tactic, Boro (you know the one I mean- the one that has nothing to do with me personally, but the underlying tactic). Given simple odds I figure you're bluffing, but if you aren't and things happen the way you appear to wish for them to happen (I mean you're practically begging), do you realize how many peeved players there will be? I realize this is a rather free and open game and you are free to place your loyalties anywhere you please, but really...
At least someone understands.

Quote:
Singling out possible gifteds? You're clearly a wolf.

x/d with Folwren
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #32
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I am under the distinct impression that everyone in this game has some sort of 'special role'.
Really? I had no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I suggest that we NOT lynch Phantom, as he has not said anything remarkably ridiculous this game. There are much better candidates for killing so far.
Aw, come on. Do you really want to spend the game being dictated to by that eg--- that cuddly little guy?

Quote:
And once more, I am uncertain of people's playing styles, but I don't understand why one would let the first thing out of their mouth be, "Frankly, I'd rather just lynch the seer." It might just be your style, Rikae, but it sounds rather dangerous to me.
Oh no! I seem to have made a blatant wolvish slip! It's all over now! Packmates, save yourselves!!!!!11111oneeleventy

EDIT: X'd with Inzil
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I suggest that we NOT lynch Phantom, as he has not said anything remarkably ridiculous this game.
Just great. What you're basically saying is that if I start acting silly you'll lynch me. Way to take my fun away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Frankly, I'd rather just lynch the seer.
Quite right, it will keep him from leading us astray with his false dreams later on. Good idea!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #34
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Why single out the storied phantom? Wouldn't anyone do the same?
Because it's fun to talk about me.

Plus he wanted my attention perhaps?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #35
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Aw, come on. Do you really want to spend the game being dictated to by that eg--- that cuddly little guy?
Why does everyone assume that just because he comes up with a crazy plan, we have to follow it? We could always just ignore him.

And I hadn't considered that when Boro said 'allied with Zeus' that he meant 'the village'. I suppose that all makes more sense now.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #36
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Why does everyone assume that just because he comes up with a crazy plan, we have to follow it? We could always just ignore him.
I don't say ignore him, but he shouldn't be blindly followed either. No one should, at this point.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #37
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Lynching someone and being dictated to by someone are two options at far ends from each other. I'm saying p'raps we don't want to do either.

Good glory, is there any purpose to this first day at all, besides bantering, teasing, and otherwise killing time?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #38
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Good glory, is there any purpose to this first day at all, besides bantering, teasing, and otherwise killing time?
I guess not.

I'm going to go check out the roles. Then I'm going to get something exciting happening.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #39
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Lynching someone and being dictated to by someone are two options at far ends from each other. I'm saying p'raps we don't want to do either.
No, no, it definitely has to be one or the other, Fowlren. Slavery or bloody revolution– there is simply no middle ground!

Quote:
Sure there is– lynching people!

Edit: X'd with Wilwa.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #40
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Seriously, Fowlren, Day Ones are generally useful for analysis later on, if nothing else.

Also, with so many weird roles, things could get interesting even this early on.