The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #321
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wait, or a gifted-wolf pairing (making either me or the Ranger's lover a wolf)....but like I said Day 1 I don't think that is likely because Gwath said in the admin thread that wolves may be paired with ords, but nothing about being paired with gifteds.

gah, just confusing myself again...nevermind
Old 01-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #322
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Well the second one because he is suggesting he is an ord (making the him/lottie pairing ord-ord).

But that's interesting, cause he agrees that there are no wolf-wolf pairings, but then says there is an ord-ord pairing. But to have both there would need to be a gifted-gifted pairing aswell (do the math, I'm right), which could only be possible if I'm the Ranger.

So....this is an interesting position you've put us in Nogrod.
Yeah, I read that wrong. I thought he was implying he knew there were no ordo/ordo pairings, which was of course strange. Silly me, go back to remedial English. *headdesks* And believe me, there's no gifted/gifted pairing, as you so helpfully pointed out. There could be gifted/wolf or wolf/wolf though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If you lynch me - you lose. That simple.

Unless:
a) the ranger gives you one more Day to try
b) you're a wolf after some odd laziness by your real seer and then as a wolf you win

On the second one: Lottie was an ordinary innocent and I am an ordinary innocent. I do trust what the mod writes in the roles department after the narrations and the PM's he sends me concerning my role - so I tend to say I know it.

Also I know you don't know it. But I only said I know it.
Well I don't know it because there still could be an ordo/ordo pairing, which wouldn't completely surprise me. I just find it interesting that there were specifically enough roles (i.e. wolf, gifted) for half of the village to have one. It seems too neat for me. Or am I overanalzying?

Anyway I need to take care of a few things then I'll finish Lari.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #323
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Wait, or a gifted-wolf pairing (making either me or the Ranger's lover a wolf)....but like I said Day 1 I don't think that is likely because Gwath said in the admin thread that wolves may be paired with ords, but nothing about being paired with gifteds.

gah, just confusing myself again...nevermind
To be open-minded, I did ask Gwath about that and he replied saying that anyone could be paired with anyone. I still think he'd have done it equally though. Dunno.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #324
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Of course, just not when you're spouting Princess Bride quotes while serenading Boro at the same time.
And why the heck not?!?!?!?!

++Alona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #325
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well I don't know it because there still could be an ordo/ordo pairing, which wouldn't completely surprise me. I just find it interesting that there were specifically enough roles (i.e. wolf, gifted) for half of the village to have one. It seems too neat for me. Or am I overanalzying?

That's how I'm thinking it too. That way everyone either has a role or is Lovers with someone who does. It just seems the most likely to me.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #326
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
That's how I'm thinking it too. That way everyone either has a role or is Lovers with someone who does. It just seems the most likely to me.
Alona, what do you think about this?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #327
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Plus plus plus, in the admin thread Gwath wanted either 12 or 14 players, and he wanted a traditional lover role. I bet he got rid of that because we ended up with 12, if there had been 14 those last 2 ords not paired with a gifted or a wolf would have become the traditional Lovers.

It just makes more sense to me this way. I'm not saying I'm definitely right and that we shouldn't consider other combinations, I just think this is more likely, from a Mod's point of view.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #328
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Alona, what do you think about this?
Her comment makes sense, I guess, after my post about the lovers and her post, too.

This was what I originally posted:

Sally/Glirdan - gifted/innocent
Shasta/Alona - unknown/innocent (yeah, I know, no hard proof yet)
Morsul/Wilwa - hunter/unknown
Rikae/Izzy - innocent/unknown
Nog/Lottie - unknown/innocent
Dun/Lari - unknown/unknownprobablyinnocent

If there are ordo-ordo pairings, then they would have to either be Shasta/me, Rikae/Izzy, Nog/Lottie or Dun/Lari...which is way more confusing to think about than if we narrow it down. I think it makes the game the most fair though, giving each ordo a gifted or lupine lover. It evens things out the most, which is what Gwath would want, I assume.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #329
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
That's what I though initially as well. And now as we talk about this, that was one of the reasons I suspected Lottie as she didn't look like a gifted - so I thought she could be a wolf then.

My dilemma right now is that I need to go to sleep like asap. and actually my guts say I should vote Izzy for her defence of me from Sally's "analysis" - instead of you guys who are planning to lynch me and letting the wolves win... Gah!

I mean look at this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
While I was reading Sally's rundown of Nog, sorry - but I couldn't help but laugh a little. It just seems so fabricated, and.. over the top flimsy to me. Hindsight tends to be 20/20... but condemning someone with it, is just... o.O
Why would an ordo say something like that? Or look at the detached tone of it... A wolf might wish to ease up any possible further suspicion by me (maybe some analysis I might do?) by showing that kind of understanding and good will to make me feel nice with her. (And sorry Izzy if you're innocent - with these suicidal guys you'd then be the only voice of reason here.)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #330
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Her comment makes sense, I guess, after my post about the lovers and her post, too.

This was what I originally posted:

Sally/Glirdan - gifted/innocent
Shasta/Alona - unknown/innocent (yeah, I know, no hard proof yet)
Morsul/Wilwa - hunter/unknown
Rikae/Izzy - innocent/unknown
Nog/Lottie - unknown/innocent
Dun/Lari - unknown/unknownprobablyinnocent

If there are ordo-ordo pairings, then they would have to either be Shasta/me, Rikae/Izzy, Nog/Lottie or Dun/Lari...which is way more confusing to think about than if we narrow it down. I think it makes the game the most fair though, giving each ordo a gifted or lupine lover. It evens things out the most, which is what Gwath would want, I assume.
Me too, and I have some pretty compelling arguments about the situation working out like that. (Also, good point about the initial two extra lovers, Wilwa.) In fact, Nog's the bit that's confusing me. *grumbles* Blah. I need to think.

I wish Gwath was around more often to answer questions. Meh.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #331
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
That's what I though initially as well. And now as we talk about this, that was one of the reasons I suspected Lottie as she didn't look like a gifted - so I thought she could be a wolf then.

My dilemma right now is that I need to go to sleep like asap. and actually my guts say I should vote Izzy for her defence of me from Sally's "analysis" - instead of you guys who are planning to lynch me and letting the wolves win... Gah!

I mean look at this: Why would an ordo say something like that? Or look at the detached tone of it... A wolf might wish to ease up any possible further suspicion by me (maybe some analysis I might do?) by showing that kind of understanding and good will to make me feel nice with her. (And sorry Izzy if you're innocent - with these suicidal guys you'd then be the only voice of reason here.)
Nog, Izzy isn't the ranger, so if you need to go to bed she's a safe vote.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #332
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Then if we go off of that it makes Nog a likely Wolf, since he "probably" isn't an ord, and since Sally has called the Ranger a "she", so he can't be gifted.

Then whoever is paired with the Ranger is an ord, I already know I am. So the last two wolves would have to be either Izzy or among the pairs of Dun/Lari and Shasta/Alona. And I'm assuming Sally's dreamt of atleast one of them.

Sally, your mystery dream is driving me nuts with curiosity, but I'm being patient cause I trust your judgement.

x'ed with a couple
Old 01-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #333
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Then if we go off of that it makes Nog a likely Wolf, since he "probably" isn't an ord, and since Sally has called the Ranger a "she", so he can't be gifted.

Then whoever is paired with the Ranger is an ord, I already know I am. So the last two wolves would have to be either Izzy or among the pairs of Dun/Lari and Shasta/Alona. And I'm assuming Sally's dreamt of atleast one of them.

Sally, your mystery dream is driving me nuts with curiosity, but I'm being patient cause I trust your judgement.
Quite possibly, but I'm not sure on him yet so I'd rather not vote him toDay. He's said some things these last few posts that make me think he really is innocent.

And that's my purpose!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #334
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Right now, I'm thinking that Nog, Izzy and Inzil are our wolves, based on a mix of gut, suspiciousness and my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
And that's my purpose!
I can see that.

I have 1 more hour and then I need to run for a few hours (staff party, whoopie!). But I'll be back for the last few hours before DL (which is in a little less then 5 hours, right?)
Old 01-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #335
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sally. If you're the seer (which I hope you are - it's just your act that doesn't make you look like one), please reconsider what you've been doing the last hour or so. And I'm not talking about you suspecting me. I'm not going to say more. You should understand.

I don't know.

It's easy to see hybris (hubris in American) has taken Sally and she is blind now. But alona and Wilwa follow so nicely suit.

Of those wilwa is the seasoned one so I'd think she should be able to calm down - or to take advantage. And she is also the one who seems to press on when the going looks good for her.

So it will be wilwa or Izzy for me. Probably wilwa.

I'll think about it for a moment.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #336
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Right now, I'm thinking that Nog, Izzy and Inzil are our wolves, based on a mix of gut, suspiciousness and my theory.

I can see that.

I have 1 more hour and then I need to run for a few hours (staff party, whoopie!). But I'll be back for the last few hours before DL (which is in a little less then 5 hours, right?)
Heh. Love you too, princess.

And yes, five hours give or take.

EDIT: x'd with Nog

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-17-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #337
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally. If you're the seer (which I hope you are - it's just your act that doesn't make you look like one), please reconsider what you've been doing the last hour or so. And I'm not talking about you suspecting me. I'm not going to say more. You should understand.

I don't know.

It's easy to see hybris (hubris in American) has taken Sally and she is blind now. But alona and Wilwa follow so nicely suit.

Of those wilwa is the seasoned one so I'd think she should be able to calm down - or to take advantage. And she is also the one who seems to press on when the going looks good for her.

So it will be wilwa or Izzy for me. Probably wilwa.

I'll think about it for a moment.

Ahhhh. Okay, that's what I assumed you meant and it was a different spelling.
(Also, of course I'm the seer, you silly thing. I said I was and there'd be no reason for me to lie about it unless I was protecting the real seer. Which I'm not.)

And I do understand. The problem is that you don't understand what I'm truly doing, or at least I don't think you do. Not that I'm saying you don't know what's going on, but....well, you know how much I like to enjoy myself.

If my opinion matters, I'd prefer Izzy. I think Wilwa's probably innocent.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-17-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #338
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Uhm. Sally I really hope you have a wolf. Cause if you do the math, we lose if we don't lynch a wolf toDay.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #339
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Uhm. Sally I really hope you have a wolf. Cause if you do the math, we lose if we don't lynch a wolf toDay.
I do. Honestly, I do, so don't worry. If I didn't I would have told you by now. And I have more or less absolute faith in our sweet ranger because they love me and are clever.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #340
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
I do. Honestly, I do, so don't worry. If I didn't I would have told you by now. And I have more or less absolute faith in our sweet ranger because they love me and are clever.
*sighs in relief*

Good girl. *gives cookie*
Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #341
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
*sighs in relief*

Good girl. *gives cookie*

Lol. You didn't trust me? I'm legitimitely hurt.

K, I'm off to make a Very Important Post. Back later, but I'll keep track of the thread.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #342
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
And I do understand. The problem is that you don't understand what I'm truly doing, or at least I don't think you do. Not that I'm saying you don't know what's going on, but....well, you know how much I like to enjoy myself.
Well, I'm afraid you talk of another thing I do. But well, whatever. I'm just afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
If my opinion matters, I'd prefer Izzy. I think Wilwa's probably innocent.
I actually disagree here even if I'm suspecting Izzy as well. Wilwa looks so opportunistic to press for an interpretation I know is not true that it makes me suspect her more (for is she were a wolf that would suit her just perfectly!) - not to talk of her voting I referred to earlier.

Or are you implying Izzy is in fact a wolf?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #343
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm back from lunch, and yay for lots of posts to read.

X'd with Nog and Sally.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #344
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Of course I trust you.

But should you reveal them now then....cause I'm sure Noggy would rather vote for a wolf, and the more people to vote for them the better, just in case, we don't want people coming on and voting before you reveal it, just incase the votes end up getting swayed by the baddies or something....up to you, I'm just saying, nothing else much going on and no harm could come from you saying it now, but Abigail could die on you or something and then we're cooked.

Yes, I am aware that I am paranoid....
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #345
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Bedtime for me then.

If you Sally don't think it wise to reveal your dream then let's just cross our fingers there are enough ordos to vote for the wolf... YesterDay three people didn't vote and with these numbers the wolves could easily outvote us if not everybody voted.

Sorry Sally, but not a Day for nice traps. I can't stay awake for long now - and if I vote the wrong way we might lose the Day and the game as then it takes only one ordo not to vote and we can be busted.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #346
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I'm back from lunch, and yay for lots of posts to read.

X'd with Nog and Sally.
There she is, Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins
There she is, your lynchee
The dream of a seer who's been waiting (impatiently) for her to come back home
For she is, you see, the one the wolves call their own

There she is, Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins
There she is, your lynchee
With so many PMs she took our Rikae away
With her buddies _____ and _____. Well, hey....

Folks, here she is
Waiting to lynch, she is
Furriest of the fur, she is
There she is - Miss Dreamt Wolfiekins

Took you long enough to get back, woman. Geez.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #347
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So it is Izzy!

++ Izzy

Okay good Night.

Let's not forget Lari and wilwa ...
Old 01-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #348
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So it is Izzy!

++ Izzy

Okay good Night.

Heh. Good night dear.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #349
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Aaaand that was anti-climactic.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #350
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rofl.
If you think I'm a wolf Sally, then why not a vote?

Took me long enough to get back?
Haha. Was reading a book while eating lunch, and then just kept on reading. xD

X'd with Nogx2 and Sally.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #351
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Aaaand that was anti-climactic.
You drew it out, my dear - but for good reason, of course!

++Izzy

And Nog, let's not forget about you or Shasta...
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #352
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Thank you Sally. Sorry I was so pushy, wasn't lack of faith in you, it was more intense fear of the wolfies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Is it odd that I find Nog's suspicion of me flattering? I think it might be a little bit odd.

So, I suppose I'll just vote for Izzy now, just to be safe, incase this party goes later then expected, ya never know,

++Izzy
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #353
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Rofl.
If you think I'm a wolf Sally, then why not a vote?

Took me long enough to get back?
Haha. Was reading a book while eating lunch, and then just kept on reading. xD

X'd with Nogx2 and Sally.
As you wish. (And yes, that was just to bug Alona.)

++Izzy

EDIT: x'd with Wilwa. I do believe that makes four votes. Seems the best Iz could manage now would be a tie.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #354
alonariel
Wight

RL is calling (though I'd rather be on here) and I'll do my best to make it back before DL.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #355
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Heh. Well I'd hoped I could wait until Izzy came back and talked a bit more, but since I couldn't subtely press Nog into voting her I decided I had no choice. Meh.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #356
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Oh, and Sally, your Sweeney parody was lovely.

And I'm actually going to run off now for a while. I might pop on for a bit later on, incase anything exciting is happening then. But if not, then good Night everyone, and I hope to see you all alive and well next Day.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #357
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hahahaha.
Just seemed funny that you were all wolfwolfwolf, then didn't vote.

Byebye for this ordo.

X'd with Wilwa and Sally.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #358
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oh, and Sally, your Sweeney parody was lovely.

And I'm actually going to run off now for a while. I might pop on for a bit later on, incase anything exciting is happening then. But if not, then good Night everyone, and I hope to see you all alive and well next Day.
Wait. What? Lol did I do a parody in my sleep? I've not done Sweeney since Kit's game. *mind is boggled* Erm, thanks?

Indeed. Have fun (and be safe)! Later!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #359
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hahahaha.
Just seemed funny that you were all wolfwolfwolf, then didn't vote.

Byebye for this ordo.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #360
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffft. Right.

Of course I don't suppose there's a chance you'd be cooperative?