The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
WWLXXI: Something in the Night

Night washed over the city like a sheet of oil across the street. Doors shut, bedroom lights went out, streetlights turned on. In the distance, a train whistle whined mournfully, then faded away. All was still, silent. Then, shadows. Shadows of young people, slipping through doorways, through the window, in and out of the streetlights, down the alleyways, down the streets. Through the hollow bones of the city they moved, like ghosts, like spirits waiting to be born.

A car engine roared, headlights flicked on. As if in answer, engines awoke all over the city, cars and motorcycles, each one a different voice, each one a holy escape. They were all there, the night children, the street people. Killer Joe, the Rat, the Barefoot Girl, the Circus Boy, Sonny, Hazy Davy, Kitty, the Ragamuffin Gunner, and many, many more besides. All of them searching, hoping, reaching out into a night full of promise and potential. A night for dreaming.

And off into this night they sped, out into the darkness on the edge of town, two by two, each pair searching for there something they alone would recognize. Hope. Life. Love. Solitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyB-L...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGU0z1DGO8E

And yet...all was not well. There were some that saw this dream and did not understand it. Some who hated it. Some who rode alongside their companions, silently plotting how they might strike down this dream while it was yet being born. But, they said nothing and their dark wishes, their anger and ill-will, were as yet nothing more than something in the night.

Wolves and lovers, PM. Seer, send a dream pick.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-09-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
The hot sun of late July rose quickly into the morning sky. It was early, and already the heat-waves were rippling across the black pavement downtown, creating mirages at the end of every street. Neon signs flashed on. Blinds went up. A garage door opened with a bang.

Still tired from the night before, young people began to appear on the streets among the growing crowds. Some clocked in for work. Some danced along the boardwalk, past the circus, past the arcades. Some ducked the cops. Some hid out in cool alleys, waiting for the moon to rise again, when they would meet their friends and lovers in secret rendezvous.

The noises rose to a steady hum: the twinkling music of the merry-go-round, the blaring car horns, the shouts of busy people, a clamor that would continue until the darkness came again. To some, the sound of so many and so much was music to thrive upon. To others, it was strangling and oppressive. To all, it was the sound of the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3jHqupTxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvolRT3sX4

The Day had begun.

Post away, everybody.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Nobody yet.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Janey found herself humming the melody of a tune she couldn’t ever remember hearing before. But this was how things went the morning after - you’d remember things you’d never known before and forget things you’d known your entire life. She was sure the partying had something to do with it, toying with her memory like it was silly putty in the hands of a toddler. She didn’t mind it all that much - her mission man would find her before dusk and then she’d be breathing colors, sighing music again.

Until then...she needed something to pass away the daylight hours. The town was slowly waking up, wheezing it’s way to life after the spectacles of the night before. She wound her way past dark alleys - old familiar friends - towards the tinkering, innocent sounds of a merry-go-round a few blocks ahead. She spotted Wendy, another old friend - a kind one, at that - and waved to the girl.

“You survive the night unscathed, hun?” Janey asked her, pausing at a crosswalk to let a slew of early morning commuters fly past her. The cold wind whipped her more awake than the pain of the hangover from the night before.

“Don’t believe I did...” Janey laughed to herself.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Billy awoke on the bench in the park...nothing out of the ordinary there...although he would have much preferred to have slept in his car, but who knows where it was parked this time.

Billy sat up and stretched, feeling the bones in his spine crack, which would have felt wonderful any other day had he not been up all night. He slowly stood up, trying to gain his bearings but noticed that his vision was still cloudy....A sign that he was still drunk.

This was going to be an interesting Day.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*shrugs* I really have no Bruce Springsteen knowledge, so IC posting is gonna be slim for me. The best I can do is this, which kinda fits the music theme, though by a different original singer:

This One's For the Wolves

This one's for everyone who's playing werewolf
This game can be so rough, can be so mean
Hold onto, on to your Innocence
Stand your ground when everyone's bandwagoning

This one's for the game

This is for all you wolves in Gwathagor's game
In a little wolf-pack, just trying to get by
Living on, on dreams and Night kills
Wondering where this game is gonna go

This one's for the wolves
Who've ever had a packmate killed
Who've died because a Seer dreamed
We'll lynch you everytime
Who lie without holding back
Who hunt with everything they have
All throughout the game

This is for all you ordos without a role
Throwing votes against suspected wolves
Every bad, bad vote that you make
Makes you seem a wolf yourself

We'll lynch you every time
All throughout the game

Yeah, there's also Gifteds (and lovers)
From Seer to Hunter

We'll lynch you everytime
All throughout the game
Yeah, this one's for the wolves
Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bad Scooter's only knowledge of this material is self, and performing The River in sign language in the third grade..

Are you trying to say you are a wolf, Loslote? xD
Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Are you trying to say you are a wolf, Loslote? xD
Nonsense. If I was, I wouldn't have made it so hard to tell.

Seriously, though, I wrote that three days or so before the game started.

EDIT: Oh! 500th post! *cheers*

Last edited by Loslote; 01-11-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 AM   #8
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Palantir-Green

Okay, since this is starting to bore me (aka, the nothingness) and I'm going to have to leave soon (because it's late, there's a really bad wind storm and the power's flickering so I keep losing Internet), here's something to hopefully get people talking.

Morsul is a wolf because Morsul is always a wolf.

Alona and Glirdan are wolves because they posted IC.

Izzy is a wolf because she posted OOC.

Sally is a wolf because she has not made me laugh once this entire game yet.

Nerwen is a wolf because she's employing the only foolproof way of not getting lynched - not playing. Evil!

Okay, defend yourselves. I want plenty of posts when I get back in the morning, because I actually have time this game to read stuffs.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Morsul is a wolf because Morsul is always a wolf.
I'd suspect me too if I'd posted a bunch of songs... If history tells us anything it's verse writers tend towards evil or lovers... hmmm
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Wild Billy - Glirdan
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren
Firstly I'll say I know absolutely Nothing about Bruce Springstein's music... or music in general, I listen to Stand Up comedy or Talk Radio. So stand in amazement that know Who Bruce is at all.

Seondly These are the people playing and what I expect to see from them.

Nogrod: Like me is criticized for his Logic which can o sideways and backways longways and any other way. It makes sense to him no one else though, like me.

Inzil: Tends to be fairly quiet and calculating a trait always exhibited by him though so his style escapes attention Or attracts it depending on the People's collective mood.

Morsul: to pull an old quote from Lottie, I'm "generally confused and confusing" once again as with Nogrod I understand my logic. I'm also prone to when short on time taking on the opinions of others, a trait taken advantage of last game.

Shasta: Generally Quiet... has strange voting habits... but usually time constrained.

Wilwa: tough call only played two games first the Mac game which consisted of many false reveals, so not Ideal for observing styles the other she couldn't do much.

Sally: Random... and active, yet not active. Frankly If I knew her in person she fit in with my friends excellently... however it tends to make her suspicious in WW...

Everyone else I just haven't played with you enough or just failed to glean any sort of playing style:

Isabellkya
Glirdan
Rikae
Alonariel
Loslote
Lariren

This list is not a guilty/not guilty list merely what I'm expecting to see...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM   #11
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Billy was wrong

Have to go soon won't be back until Much later...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Now Cat knows his Kitty's been untrue
And that she left him for a city dude
But she's so soft, she's so blue
When he looks into her eyes
He just sits back and sighs
Ooh, what can I do, ooh, what can I do?

Poetry, innit?
Not much going on yet, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I'd suspect me too if I'd posted a bunch of songs... If history tells us anything it's verse writers tend towards evil or lovers... hmmm
Well, I don't know about all of that, but I think it's safe to say Lottie is indeed a Lover. What do you mean about 'suspecting you if you'd posted songs'? You don't like Lottie's song?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Johnny 99 woke up from the backseat of his car only to realise his girl had slipped away to the awakening hush and buzz of the street. He was parked in front of the Tip Top club - and it was hot inside the car. He thought there was something he should remember, but he didn't.

His tongue felt like sandpaper in his mouth and the bells tolling inside his head freaked him out. There had to be something to drink... he grasped the leg-room of the backseat only to hit at the barrell of a shotgun. Touching the cold metal brought dizzy images from the last night... Oh no... He started remembering things.

They had oozed 'n boozed around. There was some shooting somewhere and somethin' about cops. He remembered driving the street wavin' his gun around and threatenin' to blow his top. Uh oh... How on earth could he pay for the mortgages? He was in a big mess for all he knew.

Slowly getting up he reached for the frontseats to find anything to drink. There were two bottles, gin and wine! Warmed in the morning sun. Pretty no... well maybe just a shot to wake up the engines...

With the boost from Tangueray he managed to get out of his car to look at the streets afresh. There was still something he had to remember, he was sure there was something.

Walkin down the Tenth Avenue looking for a suitable grocery to lift a can of cold beer he started remembering bits and pieces. There had been talk of people, other than judge Brown or auto manufactory-owners who moved their plants to China, who wanted to crush dreams and lives. There was a rumour of evil on them, chasing them from inside in the night.

He stole away with a pack of beer from Moes' running fast enough for old Frederick. Sitting finally to the bench at Southside Park and opening the first can he finally started thinking more clearly.

His first clear thought was: where is everyone? He had seen City Dude and Johnny the Saint talking about poetry in the corner of Tenth and the Park, but that was little. Where is my girl?

His second clear thought was: OMG, I'm gonna have to get that shotgun. We might need it toDay. There was sudden tremble that shook his body. Hangover and fear of the unknown aren't a nice combination... not a night but "a day of the lizards" was taking hold of him. He shook his head and opened a second can of beer.

That lead to his third clear thought: We'll need to gather together, now under daylight and general fuzz. And if no one looks like guilty enough, we'll hunt the creeps who try to sneak in the shadows as one darn searchin'party this city ain't seen since the witch hunts...

This led to his fourth clear thought: Where is my girl? Which was actually just a repetition.

From somewhere he could hear Rosalita singing. Emptying the third can he took a nap, sliding slowly into deep sleep on the bench with the melody Rosalita had sang repeating and repeating itself in his mind...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

So I won't try the whole IC thing because I suck at RPG and know nothing about Springstein, haha.

This game will definitely be interesting. Most games have 2 teams, the wolves and the village, this game has those same 2 teams but then also all these little mini teams of Lovers. It changes the entire dynamic of the game and so we can't go into this the way we normally would. The goal is the same, kill the wolves, but we can't forget that these wolves have lovers as well so this changes the goals of the wolves and the dynamics of how the wolves' lovers play as well. It makes everything way different then what we're used to, and we have to all keep that in mind.

Wow, this whole thing will get confusing.

x'ed with Nog
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
What Wilwa said. Heh.

Anyway, Lottie's an innocent because she did a shiny parody (which I was halfway through before I realized I was humming with it lol) and Shasta's cheating on me apparently so he and his precious must be wolves. *nods* Now, to find the other one. Oh, of course! Lottie's right. It must be Nerwen!

Okay, folks, I've discovered the three wolves. We can all go home now. ^_^
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Okay, folks, I've discovered the three wolves. We can all go home now. ^_^
Okay, who's got the booze? I have the shotgun. So let's just wrap it and ride the cars into the sunset then.

To be a bit more serious, I think Wilwa raises a good point about the different dynamics this time around. But do we face three baddies as a team and their lovers attached to them individually (where lovers would be of secondary interest to the wolves), three pairs of baddies somewhat independent of each other (working foremostly as a lover pair for themselves), or wolves and their lovers forming a band of six baddies (okay, then we've lost already )...?

Knowing that would make our speculation easier. Gwath!

Although probably not toDay. Today I'll suggest getting rid of a submarine unless something worth trying out comes to the fore. The least damage and a possible jackpot rather than lynching a person who could be of real help or get her/himself caught by talking a lot. An original idea, isn't it?

I'll be back a little later with hopefully some more particular thoughts on things.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'll be back a little later with hopefully some more particular thoughts on things.
Well, on people I mean...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry about the triple-post...

Thanks Gwath! Nice timing!
(see disc. thread)
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
To be a bit more serious, I think Wilwa raises a good point about the different dynamics this time around. But do we face three baddies as a team and their lovers attached to them individually (where lovers would be of secondary interest to the wolves), three pairs of baddies somewhat independent of each other (working foremostly as a lover pair for themselves), or wolves and their lovers forming a band of six baddies (okay, then we've lost already )...?

Knowing that would make our speculation easier. Gwath!
Goodness, hadn't even gone that close into it. I'm assuming their role as a Wolf would come before their role as a Lover, but without putting their Lover in harms way in the process. So their priority is a wolf win, but they would not harm their love in the process of obtaining that goal. But it could be the other way around as well...

because the traditional Lover role is that all they want is to be standing alive at the end of the game together, no matter which side wins. So wouldn't that make the goal for all of us, since we are all Lovers at this time, to be left standing at the end with our love? If that is the case, which I'm undestanding it to be, then it all depends on individual pairs, a wolf-wolf pairing, a wolf-innocent pairing, or an innocent-innocent pairing would all have different goals in attempting to survive til the end. So we may all at this time have the same primary goal (survive to the end with our love), but our secondary goals (which side we want to have win) is all dependent on what our role is and what our Lover's role is. Unless those two goals are intended to be the other way around and our Lover role is not intended to take priority, that's something Gwath needs to clarify I suppose....

Though once people start dying then Lover pairs will be torn apart, changing the goal of the Lover left behind from wanting to survive to the end -> to wanting their side to win, since now their role's goal is all that matters and their Lover goal is insignificant.

Goodness......

x'ed with Nog, going to check out discussion thread...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #20
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Ok....so my last post is for the most part pointless now.

So basically we want our side to win foremost above all, but if we can survive to the end with our Lover that would be a just like an added bonus, not something we shouldn't necesarrily strive for? That's how I'm getting it anyway.

Alrighty then, glad for the clarification.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 01-11-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:05 AM   #21
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I forgot when the game was starting and almost missed day one. Doesn't look like I've missed much of substance, though: some IC posting (which is nice to read, but I can't participate - not really my kind of music),Loslote making what look like random accusations, Wilwa wondering about lovers, Nog calling for a submarine-lynch? In principle, I agree, if nothing better presents itself - but let's get this discussion rolling and see, shall we? I'm a bit confused about the lover roles myself - in fact, I'm going to take another look at the admin thread, since as I understand it the setup seems a bit lopsided in the wolves' favor, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it.
Back in a few minutes. Everyone accuse me while I'm gone, ok? Except you, alona.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just went to the admin thread - so, lover roles don't mean much in game terms, then. That's what I thought, before Nog confused matters above. A trick? Ciould be a wolfish sort, intended to turn innocents against each other, or an innocent's attempt to trick the wolves as well... Nog? Or just another of your patented Wild Theories?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #23
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A wolf, she's a wolf! Lynch her!

How do you know she's a wolf?

She votes like one!

Bring her forward.

I'm not a wolf, I'm not a wolf, I'm not a wolf.

Ah, but you are posting like one.

They started the discussion. And that wasn't a real vote, it was a retraction.

Well?

Well we did egg her on a bit. And start a bandwaggon. But she's a wolf.

A WOLF! LYNCH HER!

Did you make a completely unfounded case against her?

No, no. No. Yes. A bit. A bit. But she is evil a lot.

What makes you think she's a wolf?

Well she sent my name in for a Night kill.

A Night kill?

I....my lover's the ranger.

But she's a wolf!

A WOLF! LYNCH HER!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sally, best accusation ever - if that was about me, I just might have to vote for myself now.
By the way, the Wereduckling points at the screen and says you're a "kit-kat". We don't have werecats in this game, right?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #25
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
No, but Kit-Kats are something you eat... so the Wereduckling wants to eat Sally? So the Wereduckling is pointing out a kill for her wolvish mother! Dun dun dun.

Also, Sally, if I'm cheating on anyone, it's Alona.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #26
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Though once people start dying then Lover pairs will be torn apart, changing the goal of the Lover left behind from wanting to survive to the end -> to wanting their side to win, since now their role's goal is all that matters and their Lover goal is insignificant.
My thoughts are pretty much along the same line. For the innocent-innocent and wolf-wolf lovers, the goals will pretty much never change - even if their lover dies, they'll still want the same side to win. The interesting dynamics will come into play when a wolf-innocent (we have that in this game, right? I'm terrible at counting sometimes) lover pair is torn apart. That could shift the balance either way. And let's not forget about our dear Ranger, Hunter and Seer. Imagine if their lover were anything other than dearly innocent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Just went to the admin thread - so, lover roles don't mean much in game terms, then. That's what I thought, before Nog confused matters above. A trick? Ciould be a wolfish sort, intended to turn innocents against each other, or an innocent's attempt to trick the wolves as well... Nog? Or just another of your patented Wild Theories?
From what Form told me about lovers roles, they originally started out as a Romeo-Juliet type thing. Both fighting to survive to the end, even if they were on different sides. I'm still fairly new to this...so do we think we can apply this same logic to this game, being that there are only 12 of us, three guilty, three gifted, six innocent?

Quote:
By the way, the Wereduckling points at the screen and says you're a "kit-kat". We don't have werecats in this game, right?
Your little darling wasn't talking about me again, was she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
No kidding, dear. I'm about ready to ask for a divorce.

Side note: For those not at Bostonmoot, my last two comments above will make no sense whatsoever, apologies. Nor will Shasta's previous post.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #27
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Everyone accuse me while I'm gone, ok? Except you, alona.
I must have missed this on my first read through! I might accuse you. Not yet, though. Not evil in this game, so I don't have a fear of you picking up on weird vibes from me. Onward with Day 1, then, and the zany logic that will surely have us all spent!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #28
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
All right, so apparently there was some confusion about the Lover Pairs and their loyalties regarding Romeo/Juliet (wolf/innocent) pairings. But that's cleared up now? I too had thought of what it might mean if Lovers turned their backs on the village and dedicated themselves to aiding the wolves. Not that something so hideous could ever happen.
It's good to have that clear, however.

So...still not too much going on, apart from the aforementioned discussions about the Lovers.

Let's see....Nog wants to get a submarine, Sally brings a Monty Python parody, Rikae makes me nervous just by being here...wereducklings....Shasta's quiet and enigmatic....in other words, a typical Day 1.
And I have to figure out who to vote for based on this. Fun stuff.

x/d with Alon
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Sally, best accusation ever - if that was about me, I just might have to vote for myself now.
Will you be Nilping yourself now or later? :P

Me? Lol I've not been called that since....erm, yeah, never, actually. Well, once, but the story can't be repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
No, but Kit-Kats are something you eat... so the Wereduckling wants to eat Sally? So the Wereduckling is pointing out a kill for her wolvish mother! Dun dun dun.

*is overcome with grief*

And what does Dun have to do with this?!?! (Heh.)

This lover discussion could get out of hand pretty quickly. My theory is that you want your lover to live and they give you extra insight, but if you're on the opposite side from your lover you might be in deep trouble, so it's smart to be careful what you say. The lovers are just for PMing purposes and to make the game a bit more fun. At least that's my opinion. Take me, for instance. My lover, whoever they might be, and I may be on different sides, but it's nice to have someone's 'honest' insight on things that they might not be able to say on the thread. Does that make sense?

*toddles off, comes back again later*

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-11-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: x'd with Dun
Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #30
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Billy was wrong
No, Billy was right!! Billy is actually quite happy to have returned to see all of these posts of chat and discussion rather then Noggy's usual Day 1 rants!

Okay, so no more in character/RPG style writing...although it was entertaining to write like that again.

I really have nothing much to say except that I do rather enjoy Wilwa's and Nogrod's thoughts and ideas on this whole Lover twist. Rather informative...perhaps a little too informative? Why try and delve further into it? Yes, I agree, it's good to actually recognize these things, but with all that information in it?? Hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
No, but Kit-Kats are something you eat... so the Wereduckling wants to eat Sally? So the Wereduckling is pointing out a kill for her wolvish mother! Dun dun dun
We've found our Wolf!! Lynch her, lynch her!!

Quote:
And what am I, chopeed liver!?

SIDE NOTE The two quotes above are in reference to Bostonmoot, so I apologize if you don't get them.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
From what Form told me about lovers roles, they originally started out as a Romeo-Juliet type thing. Both fighting to survive to the end, even if they were on different sides. I'm still fairly new to this...so do we think we can apply this same logic to this game, being that there are only 12 of us, three guilty, three gifted, six innocent?
Yeah, that would be a normal lovers role, but the admin thread indicates these lovers are different... I've actually never played with roles like this before (can PM, not necessarily on the same side) and I'm not sure how it's going to work. Certainly any innocent who suspects their lover is a wolf should come out and say it, right? I mean, we're not necessarily on the same side as our lovers, and we shouldn't necessarily trust them... I suppose when some roles are known, though, lovers might have useful information (if we trust that they are actually the lovers of the person with the known role... and aren't evil...).
It sounds to me like a situation where leaving a trail, leaving hints that can't be detected until after the fact, could be especially useful... nothing obvious, of course... so our lovers can really be useful to the village in the event of our deaths.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #32
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Also, alona and Glirdan... that's not very considerate toward those of us who weren't at Bostonmoot (I actually sent my evil, introverted twin, you know.)

I also totally do NOT still have a piece of paper with "wolf" written on it in my pocket. Oh... wait... Mac must have forgotten to check the pockets when he did the laundry...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #33
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Certainly any innocent who suspects their lover is a wolf should come out and say it, right? I mean, we're not necessarily on the same side as our lovers, and we shouldn't necessarily trust them... I suppose when some roles are known, though, lovers might have useful information (if we trust that they are actually the lovers of the person with the known role... and aren't evil...).
Well I don't think that's a fair request, it gives us too much of an advantage, I mean if the wolves' lovers just come out and say "hey, I think my love is a wolf" then that makes the game too easy and it's not really fair to the wolves. The whole lover thing may not be our priority but I think it is still important and involves some form of trust between lovers, even if they aren't on the same side, so anything said between lovers in private probably should not be shared on here without the other's permission (at least not directly). It would just give us way to much of an unfair advantage, and honestly would kinda ruin the game by making it way too easy.

The second half of what you said though, I agree with. Once your lover is dead if you think you know something that could help the village, then come forward and say it. But before then just feels like playing dirty, at least to me it does.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #34
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I think if the wolves are smart, they're going to do their best to cover their tracks when talking to their lovers (assuming the lovers are innocent). After all, the rules are there in the admin thread for all to see. Actually, I'd expect them to try and trick the ordos into giving away their gifted/ordo status, too. Everyone, remember, lovers don't win together in this game, and be cautious (or even better, clever) in your dealings with lovers, please.
I don't see why it should be easy, or cheating, to play the roles we were given to the best of our ability - wolves have the potential to use the lover relationships to their advantage too, after all. I actually find it a bit suspicious that you're arguing this way, Wilwa.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #35
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I definitely got confused for a few minutes about the changed dynamics involving all of the lovers. Thought the game had suddenly gotten way more complicated than it originally looked. xD

I don't think we need to play much more differently than normal. Though I don't agree with necessarily spilling all of the beans to our lover. Only ordo's can be attached to a wolf, no?

X'd with Wilwa and Rikae.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #36
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Haha.
Had just realized the/a advantage the wolves could use. Tsk tsk!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Only ordo's can be attached to a wolf, no?
Hm... good point, Izzy. I've been assuiming anyone could bE PairEd with anyone, but Gwath's original post does say ordos and wolves. Still, it could just be that he didn't spell it out. Gwath?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #38
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I would just like to say that the "bE pairEd" above is a typo, nothing more. Don't know how that happened. Carry on.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #39
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I also think it's time to confess that I have a special role which requires me to make every post a double post or be instantly modfired.

EDIT: Oh dear... *dies*
Old 01-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #40
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I believe he said ordos "could be" paired with wolves, but that probably doesn't mean it's a guarantee for all 3 wolves. Maybe 2 of the wolves are paired together and the third has an ordo love, or maybe one of them even have a gifted lover. Or maybe all three wolves are paired with all three gifteds...how whack would that be? Really there are several possibilities and no definite way to tell how it is right now.

Then there's the fact that there is a traditional lover role somewhere in there (where they die together). So do they act with the goal of a traditional lover pair (in wanting to survive til the end) or are they like the rest of us and have to focus on their role, not their lover. Or do they even know what they are, I mean maybe Gwath has not told this pair that if one dies the other does as well and he's keeping it as a surprise. I suppose he still needs to clarify all that.

So I'm going to stop now and later look at suspects, since I only have about 5ish more hours before sleep, so need to vote in that time.