The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #241
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I don't like Kath's vote for Valier, it seems forcedly reasonable.
Personally I think it's okay. I have somewhat positive feeling of Kath. (But should I be alarmed, as thus far I was never ever able to get a reading of her?) Though personally I would not like to vote for Valier either - as I said above, not now on first Day when she's playing after such a long time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #242
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++Lynch Lommy

Because I'm not acting any differently than my normal ordo self, at least I haven't in my own head, besides being probably more migraine-causing instead of a common headache. So, why has your Boro-radar come up differently? Time to take it to the shop.

Also, she keeps restating my suspiciousness, yet not wanting to lynch me...her last post was I think the 3rd time in the last hour. Sorry Loms that's not looking like normal flip-flopping, what are you trying to gain from repeatedly stating not lynching me today but still not being my normal innocent self?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #243
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
--Kath for Captain

I will either vote Roa or Legate later.

--Brinn for Guard

Since her election seems to be secured.

++Kath for Guard

I think I will vote (edit: lynch-vote, I mean) for Hakon, though I'm not happy about it. If Sally or Nienna gain some support, I could vote for them more happily.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #244
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oops Nogs, I meant some other post, the question was: what if the same person is elected both captain and NG? does the ng title go to the person with second most ng votes?

I had a look at Sally and she really didn't seem too suspicious, except that she was uncharacteristically serious in her few last posts. Hmmm.

*quite lost on whom to vote*

edit: some x-ing
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #245
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
++Lynch Lommy
Well ACTUALLY...

This had crossed my mind, but I would not probably thought of doing it unless I saw this. Why not! Could be the best suspect of all those who appeared as candidates yet.

Because... there is something weird about her toDay. And by weird, I indeed mean suspicious.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #246
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Why is sally always the last minute band-wagon target when no one can come up with something they find suspicious?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #247
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Gosh, who's for NG then? If Brinn is secure, I might try to vote for somebody for the second place... will check... then vote...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #248
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lommy: Captaincy takes precedence... so the next one will be chosen as the NG.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #249
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Maybe I just like talking about you Boro?

As for lynching me, I'm obviously against it but can't say much else as long as all the points against me are that I'm weird. I guess I can only say that getting lynched would solve my timetable problems but make me unhappy!

edit: xed with the last two
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #250
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
As for lynching me, I'm obviously against it but can't say much else as long as all the points against me are that I'm weird. I guess I can only say that getting lynched would solve my timetable problems but make me unhappy!
What does one call that in English? Emotional blackmailing? Probably not. You know what I mean.

++NG Nienna

Last decision coming...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #251
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Maybe I just like talking about you Boro?
Or is it more like, you are trying to set it up as being a vote for me waiting to happen, whenever you benefit from it the most?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #252
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I agree that Lommy's comments about Boro are a bit strange, but... why would wolf-Lommy make them? Why try to grab the attention of such a vocal player needlessly? Boro is not really a strong lynch candidate.

edit: crossed.. hmm....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #253
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That's the second time Boro's suspected someone for mentioning him.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #254
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Kath

I know it's crap, but I don't have anything better to go on, especially now after Boro's outburst (need time to think and talk some more about him ).

edit: xed with people
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #255
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day1 votes and what it seems to be...

Captaincy:
Boro -> Rune
Sally -> Legate
Greenie -> Legate
Nerwen -> Roa
Valier -> Rune
Loslote -> Rune
Roa -> Legate
Rune -> Rune
Fea -> Roa
Inzil -> Rune (5)
Nienna -> Legate
Lommy -> Roa (3)
(Mac -> Kath)
Hakon -> Legate (5)

NG:
Boro -> Inzil
Sally -> Valier
Inzil -> Boro
Roa -> Brinn
Nerwen -> Kath
Loslote -> Boro (2)
Rune -> Valier
Valier -> Roa
Fea -> Nienna
Nienna -> Roa (2)
Lommy -> Valier (3)
(Mac -> Brinn)
Hakon -> Brinn (2)
Mac -> Kath (2)
Legate -> Nienna (2)

Lynch:
Rune -> Legate
Roa -> Rune
Nerwen -> Boro
Fea -> Hakon
Sally -> Rune
Nienna -> Rune
Loslote -> Nienna
Greenie -> Hakon
Valier -> Loslote
Inzil -> Hakon (3)
Hakon -> Rune (4)

Boro -> Lommy
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #256
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
That's the second time Boro's suspected someone for mentioning him.
But have I suspected you, for suspecting me? No, because it's based upon the way you are doing it. You are asking me logical questions, as much as it annoys me, I see your reason for doing it.

Lommy has restated the same thing about me 3 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #257
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay.

++Lommy

There's probably nothing better now anyway. But that Rune. Agh.

And Captain, blah. Whatever goes.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #258
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boro - no I'm just keeping an eye on you
Legate - it's not blackmailing, I guess everybody would be unhappy to be lynched on Day1 and I'm not claiming to become any more unhappy than anyone else lynched
Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #259
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Roa for captain

++Hakon

Explanations tomorrow.

edit: And I just realized I screwed up with my Brinn-retraction.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #260
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day1 is over...

Wait a moment as I have to check the votes...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day1

The company had marched slowly fighting the foul weather the whole day staying mostly in their own thoughts. The Rangers of the North were not the small-talk geniuses form the south in the first place, but the Night's events had made them even gloomier. But they were slowly advancing to South-West whatever their mood was.

Finally they reached a small grove-like piece of woods in the middle of the moors they used to call just "Home", because of the few great oaks it had and because of the homely feeling it gave to the Rangers on their errands at these corners of Arthedain. Right now it didn't feel so cozy or welcoming but it was better than trying to set a camp to the open moors and being at the mercy of the wind coming to them at full force.

After they had set the camp and eaten by the fire they started to discuss - and all the Day's thoughts they had kept to themselves were poured out in just a few hours.

Rune made himself the Captain even if there were voices of distrust - and finally they decided to lynch Hakon... or Rune. But as Rune had more votes for being the Captain than being the lynched one it was going to be Hakon then.

Fea, Greenie, Inzil and Mac started gathering around Hakon asking him to do the decent thing and die honourably by his own sword.

"I will not make this easy for you!" Hakon shouted. "I'll get that preposterous traitor-Rune even if I have to die for it!"

But that didn't get the desired effect. On the contrary three more Rangers joined the four coming for him.

"He's our Captain you know..." Boro remarked.

"A Ranger doesn't offend his Captain!" Valier added.

"Not to talk of killing him..." Loslote confirmed.

"We know you've been carrying a grudge towards him since the battle of the plantations but you should really consider yourself" Inzil tried to appease the furious Hakon.

"No! Rune, your time has come!" Hakon yelled and ran towards the newly chosen Captain who draw his sword as well. The others tried to stop Hakon but he fought his way through the others and ran his sword into Rune's chest. At the same moment four blades cut into his flesh and he died falling on top of Rune.

For a moment it was silent but then Rune moved a little under Hakon's body and moaned quietly.

No it was not a moan. It was a howl. A death-howl to be more precise.

The Living:

Fea
Nienna
Inzil
Sally
Macalaure
Kath
Loslote
Valier
Greenie
Nerwen
Roa
Lommy
Boro
Legate
Gwath
Brinn

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.
Hakon (The Master Hunter) - stuck dead on D1
Rune (Werewolf) - killed from the sword of the Master Hunter at the end of D1

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-23-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #262
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Anyway, it's Night2 now.

The rangers should send me their picks if they've not already done it.

The hunters should feel free to change their targets if they wish.

The wolves should go on with their planning.

The Cobbler should send me who to distract.

The Night-guards Boro and Valier can PM together if they wish during the Night.

Legate - as the new Captain can choose two people (not Boro or Valier) to discuss with toNight. Send me a PM to tell me who they are Legate but feel free to start discussing right now if you wish.

The one not getting any sleep will get a PM from me in a minute...

Sleep well all.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #263
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up Nogrod, please don't mod-fire me for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyimppum View Post
I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
have a blessed day
Oh good, good. I think I speak for the rest of the village when I say we're so glad to have helped you in your chosen career of Werewolf Slaying Ranger!

And I agree with you! Killing werewolves is the most effective way to deal with them!

So you're liposuctioning them to death, are you?

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-23-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #264
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night 2

The Night was not quiet. The wind didn’t stop as it usually did and the snow that seemed to penetrate every protection forced the rangers to wrap themselves tightly inside their blankets to get even an eyeful of sleep. Legate, Nienna and Fea were sitting as a group around a small fire while Boro and Valier tried to stay warm by walking in circles farther outside the camp trying to listen for any foul voices from the darkness.

At the evil hour just before the Daybreak three forms emerged from the darkness surrounding one of the sleepers, careful to avoid any eyes that could catch them in their mischief.

“Ready?” one hissed to his fellows.

“Ready…” another whispered back. The third one nodded.

The two revealed their flashing teeth in the darkness while the third jumped to their victim. He went for the head and jerked it violently forcing a cloth into his mouth and pressing his mouth shut with the crook of his arm. At the same time the two sank their teeth into his flesh ripping chunks out from the body. The victim was kicking and trying to wrestle himself out from the hold of the third wolf but to no avail. He was being eaten alive…

Suddenly there was an unwanted noise and all werewolves froze. Someone was walking there, too near. The three exchanged a quick look and disappeared back into the blizzard.

Macalaure had passed out for a second but as he shortly came back to his senses he yelled from pure horror and pain. It was not a nightmare, it was real! For a second he couldn’t believe it – but the pain reminded him of the reality. He was panting heavily. And then he snapped.

Disregarding the pain he stood up bleeding terribly, his bowels hanging out from his stomach.

“You don’t sneak to old Mac like that unpunished!” he bellowed and started determinately forwards carrying his unsheathed sword with him.

Many had awoken and the rest were awakening to the carnage.

“Inziladun! You coward! Fight like a man!” Mac continued and tried to hurry as he felt his powers to diminish. “I know you beast!”

A ranger had gotten near enough and tried to halt Macalaure but with his berserk rage no one could stop him – even if half of his innards were just following him in the snow behind him. With a powerful sweep of his arm he pushed the intruder away and reached Inzil who was just trying to rise up and grab his sword.

“Now here’s the return-ticket!” he yelled enraged as he cut Inzil’s head off with one blow.

There were four rangers leaping forwards to stop him and they managed to fell him down. But there was nothing for them to stop anymore. Mac was dead.

And Inzil was dead as well. Unchanged.

The blood coloured the snow but there was no sunrise to paint the colours.

The Living:

Fea
Nienna
Sally
Kath
Loslote
Valier
Greenie
Nerwen
Roa
Lommy
Boro
Legate
Gwath
Brinn

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.
Hakon (The Master Hunter) - stuck dead on D1.
Rune (Werewolf) - killed from the sword of the Master Hunter at the end of D1.
Macalaure (The Berserk Hunter) - eaten alive by the werewolves on N2.
Inzil (Ordinary Innocent) - decapitated by the Berserk Hunter on N2.

It's Day2 now.

Feel free to talk everyone.

All the Night-talkers... stop PMing.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #265
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Gruesome.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #266
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

That's freaky, I was telling Val, Mac was my #1 suspect because of his responses towards Rune. Well...there goes my Day 2 opening post.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #267
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon, if you were alive, I’d kiss you. I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the results of Day 1. On the one hand- yay, for the Master Hunter, you really saved us. On the other hand, we all managed to lynch a gifted and vote a wolf into the captaincy.
Anyways, now we have a lot to analyze. Based on yesterday, the people who defended Rune and the people who lynched Hakon are in my sights. “But Roa,” you say, “do you really think the wolves would try to defend each other? Isn’t that rather obvious?”
Why, yes, it is, and so is a wolf outright declaring that we should make him captain. And if they thought they had a shot at captaincy, they surely would try for it. Would they risk their potential captain by trying to lynch him? I really don’t think so. They may not have voted him for captain directly, but they probably played down his suspicious behavior. Then again, they may have gambled and voted for him. After all, there was no way they could know Hakon was the Master Hunter. So anyone who voted for Hakon, especially after Rune started gaining in the votes, is also suspicious.
At this point, Boromir is still high on my list. And people who voted for Hakon.
My analysis is starting with those three. Legate, if you could please tell us who you picked as BG, and why?
Also, I want to vote for a new captain today. With Nogrod’s clarification of the rules, I feel even more strongly that we should change captains regularly. Merely deciding a tie is not nearly as powerful as canceling the lynch or changing the lynchee to someone else with one less vote. Keeping that power out of everyone’s hands is better for the village than risking the wolves’ getting it. Imagine if Rune had had that power? Not that I don’t trust you, Legate (I don’t), but I call for a captain vote.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #268
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, I see the narration answered my question to Legate as for who he picked. Why those two?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #269
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow indeed
Guess you were way off Boro
I must say also that I was quite surprised at Rune being a wolf.
The wolves had the first might to make a plan and I'm sure it was a good one.

Rune hates being a wolf and always seems to get killed early if he is one I believe.
So I am sure he planned to try and take control by insisting he be the captain. Do you think the wolves planned to be all loud or do you think they are all going to play different roles in the village? Hmmmm I'm going to look at the people who were against Rune being captain because I am sure there is at least one wolf in there if not two.

Last edited by Valier; 09-23-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: xed with Roa twice
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #270
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm probably wrong because this is gut instinct instead of logical conclusion, but I'd really like to lynch Valier today. Something about her posts seems really synthetic.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #271
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

synthetic how? I'm just as baffled as everyone else at Day 1 events.
I understand that Rune kinda put me into the spotlight early on, but I figured he was just being Rune, but now I think he may have been trying to frame me a bit...(bugger)
Old 09-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #272
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Hmmmm I'm going to look at the people who were against Rune being captain because I am sure there is at least one wolf in there if not two.
Do you really think they would risk it if they thought he could win captain?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #273
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I find when I was a wolf the best plan was to have a wolf in each category, ie: one that goes againt his fellow wolves, one that follows their leads, one thats loud, one thats quiet etc... you know, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

If the wolves already knew what Rune was planning, I am sure they would have planned to have one wolf at least be against him and accuse him of wolfishness to make themselves look good.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #274
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, hm, I guess this Berserk episode slightly changed the balance again in contrary to yesterDay's rather succesful (despite the death of Hakon) aftermath. I mean, I would have considered yesterDay as quite a lucky turn of events, because it seemed evident that Rune would probably have remained alive and unlynched as the fact that he'd become a Captain would save him. So all in all, Hakon did a really good job. A pity, I might add now, that Mac hasn't been so succesful himself.

However! That could bring us to some clarifications here. At least as to better determine the position of the Wolves. Though quite likely, if I were one of them, I would choose the kill in the attempt to leave as little trail as possible - given that there is already one dead Wolf, which might serve us as guideline to others. But let's see.

I guess we should check Mac's posting yesterDay, if there's any reason why he would be killed OR why he would NOT BE FEARED TO be killed - and also the Rune-Captain-voters (that probably the most of all). I have been discussing this matter already a bit with my chosen bodyguards toNight and we basically agreed that it makes sense for the WWs to have tried to put Rune into the leading position, at least one of them could likely vote for him. Maybe? In any case, the probably most "guiltily" voting person, Inzil (votes for Rune-Captain and for Hakon's lynch) is dead, and it's quite easy, I believe, to see Mac's logic behind this. I would have thought in the same way, likely. But I think it's certainly good to take a look at the others.

I really don't want to stay awake here for a long time, as I need to get up at some reasonable time tomorrow and it's already quite late here, but I hope at least something will be left here for you to evaluate. And maybe my BGs could tell you, if you wish to know, of some things we have discussed over the Night (though there's nothing too big. And I can speak of my impressions about them later during the Day). And in case somebody didn't figure that out of the narration, Fea and Nienna were my BGs toNight.

Btw. One topic to ponder (after other things, but just to say it before I am gone) - as I figured out, the Captain really can adjust his lynch-stopping powers only on the second Day of his Captainship, if he is still in office, so... do you folks want to change your Captain, or are you fine with keeping me at least one more Day (it would also help me to kind of make a better picture of things, being able to pick more BGs on the next Night) and then just see? Of course it's all the matter of how much you trust me etc., but even for further "usage" of the Captains, I have been thinking that given how the rules are, it would perhaps be better to just have them for at least these two consecutive Days. So one more thing you can think of or discuss or ponder while I am not around.

I will probably check back yet in a short while, but I'm really going to sleep in some fifteen minutes now.

EDIT: ugh, x-ed with already a score of people
Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #275
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boromir- He goes first because I suspected him first.

Post 1- banter

Post 2- seems to think being an NG or BG saves you from lynching, more banter

Post 3- banter

(This post I found irksome, as he was clearly present but refusing to actually participate.)

Post 4- Excuses Rune’s bid for power as Rune being Rune. [i](Oh, really?) Now infamous questioning of Fea’s motives (My first reason for suspecting him), quote contest (wrong forum)

(Say what you will, to me it looked like a wolf trying to sew suspicion and then back-pedaling later when it started to go bad for him.)

Post 5- Further expounds upon what he’s “not convinced” about with Fea (I still have no idea what he was trying to get at) says he’s going to pick a captain either on who he trusts or on whoever jumps through the most hoops for him

(You would give away the role of captain on such flimsy grounds as who’s willing to please you?)

Post 6- Response to Roa’s questions, says that asking for clarification on a comment is not a crime, (That didn’t actually answer the question I asked. I asked what he thought Fea could possibly be up to by using his name to dumb her retractables. He never came up with anything.) Says he would consider Nerwen because she got his question right, along with Rune. (Now I have to wonder if he intended to vote for Rune all along. Was Nerwen ever really in the running, or was it all a ploy? Why was he considering Rune? As far as I’ve read, no one else was seriously considering Rune for captain except Rune. Boromir was the one who really started pulling for him.) Explains that his quote was about him being unconvinced, says Legate misrepresented the situation, (which I don’t think Legate did), and that he’s dropped the issue about Fea already, and now is simply responding to people asking him about it (Again, this looks very much like a wolf back-peddling after a plan went bad)

Post 7- explains absence

Post 8- Asks Roa if she’s tense, thinks Roa is blowing the Fea thing out of proportion, compares Fea’s comment to someone trying to claim that a bandwagon is not a bandwagon, thinks Fea has something up her sleeve (I still don’t see what his thought process was for this, and he has yet to come up with a plausible scheme for Fea to have been trying) thinks Roa isn’t looking at it from his perspective, assumes that he was picked for a reason (there is no basis for this claim) asks Nogrod for rule clarification

Post 9- Agrees with Legate about band-wagoning on minor issues (of course) says to vote for him if we find him suspicious, says he won’t be the worst loss for the village, says he has been answering the questions, even though the answers may not be satisfactory, says Fea has a history of wanting him dead early, and he wants to know why in this game (Firstly, Fea has made no attempts on him in this game. She didn’t even use lynch votes to dump her retractables, she used captain/guard votes. There is no reason to assume that Fea wants him dead.)

Post 10- Votes Rune for Captain and Inzil for NG (He started the vote for Rune as captain because he liked Rune’s campaign speech? Not on someone you’d trust or want to protect, but you give the most powerful role into the village to someone just because he wants it?)

Post 11- Says it doesn’t matter if a gifted is made NG, BG, or captain, because then they’re protected even if they can’t do their jobs (What is the point of having gifted if they don’t do anything? That only benefits the wolves)

Post 12- Clarification on rules

Post 13- explanation on highlighting

Post 14- Thinks Val is a wolf, quotes Valier bantering with Fea (Was that your evidence against Valier?)

Post 15- Admits that his suspicion against Valier is only a hunch based on her light attitude throughout the day (Is Valier ever otherwise?), says no one has had any decent reason for suspecting anyone except Roa (An odd statement) but thinks he does now (didn’t he just say that he didn’t?), says we need more suspicions in the village instead of letting Roa do all the work (a statement I agree with)

Post 16- Admits that he was silly to start with, but says that Valier has been excessively so (He excuses Rune-wolf’s bid for power Rune being Rune, but suspects Valier for being Valier) says Roa should relax herself and not work so hard (I appreciate the thought, but it’s not needed. For all my complaints, I love the way I play the game.) Says he’s named people he wants to keep and people he suspects, and has spoken with his votes (Again, sorry for upsetting you, I’m well aware of your opinions, and I can’t fault your activity level. It’s your reasoning I disagree with or don’t follow, and that raises red flags in my mind.)

Post 17- Agrees with Valier

Post 18- Accepts Roa’s apology (thank goodness) doesn’t like Nerwen’s vote for him, says he hasn’t made a big deal out of the Fea thing but has only been defending himself (This much is true, and it gives me some pause. I may have a look at Nerwen again)

Post 19- Thinks Rune’s bid for captain has also been blown out of proportion, doesn’t like the vague words being used, says just because you don’t think someone would be a good captain doesn’t mean they’re a wolf. (Actually, the only things in my mind that make a “bad” captain are lack of availability and being suspicious. If I think someone’s a wolf I don’t want them to be captain. If I don’t think someone is a wolf, I do want them to be captain, unless they can’t be there for it, which again, gives me pause to think over the people who didn’t find Rune suspicious, but also didn’t vote for him as captain.)

Post 20- Says that if the wolves lynch him it would cost them, but agrees that he shouldn’t be NG. (This looks like a really obvious gifted hint, which a real gifted wouldn’t make)

Post 21- clarifies that the vague words comments were directed towards Sally, Lommy, Nienna, and Kath, open defense of Rune (an innocent move or a wolf making a gamble? An innocent has no reason to trust anyone at this point, and the points against Rune are viable and legitimate, so why try to disprove them? Also, Valier made no claim about wanting to be captain, so I don’t know what he’s getting at, except to say there isn’t a conspiracy. As there are wolves in the village working together to bring the village down, I would say that of course there’s a conspiracy.) Says that using connection at this point are premature.

Post 22- Says he wasn’t making a gifted hint, but that it’s difficult for people to lynch him, and anyone who’s involved in his lynch gets in a tight spot. (That’s true for any innocent who’s lynched, easily or not)

Post 23- agrees that he doesn’t want to see Rune lynched, but wonders why Valier and Mac feel the same (Why didn’t you want to see Rune lynched?)

Post 24- Votes Lommy for lynch (Wow, that came out of the blue) because she says he’s not acting like himself and she finds him suspicious, but isn’t sure about lynching him. (He keeps suspecting people who suspect him on what he calls poor reasoning. Either he’s being paranoid and egotistical, or… no, paranoid and egotistical fits the bill quite nicely here )

Post 25- Wonders why Sally is a last minute bandwagon choice. (Sally didn’t even get a vote, so I don’t know what he’s talking about.)

Post 26- Thinks Lommy is setting herself up to vote for him when the timing is right.

Post 27- Says he hasn’t suspected Roa for suspecting him because he sees logic and reasoning in her arguments (Thankyou, so do I.) Says Lommy has said the same thing about him 3 times. (This is true, and I see his point in it. But the Lommy I know is almost always hesitant with her votes.)

End of Day 1. I must say, I appreciate the volume of his posts and his level of activity. Some of the things he’s said I really can’t argue with, and some of the things he’s said has drawn me to look at other people. Still, some of what he’s said has had very poor reasoning or no reasoning at all. And he never mentioned why he wanted Rune to be captain so badly other then Rune wanted it. The fact that Rune wanted it was suspicious, and his method of trying to get it was suspicious, but Boromir excused all of his behavior as “Typical Rune” while not extending the same courtesy to Valier (who’s always light hearted) or Lommy (who could start a restaurant with all of her waffles). I’d like to hear why he threw his support so squarely behind Rune-wolf on such poor reasoning, not just wanting him as captain but trying to keep him from being lynched. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for that pesky hunter Hakon!

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 09-23-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed linkies
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #276
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Ah, I see the narration answered my question to Legate as for who he picked. Why those two?
Quite simple, for several reasons, one of them was kind of "ruling out" method, which was probably one of the main points, and those two were ones which I would have considered at the same time a) innocent-ish enough to talk to, b) interesting enough to wish to talk to them more and see them interact also in private, and all of that. That's basically it.

Quote:
I find when I was a wolf the best plan was to have a wolf in each category, ie: one that goes againt his fellow wolves, one that follows their leads, one thats loud, one thats quiet etc... you know, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

If the wolves already knew what Rune was planning, I am sure they would have planned to have one wolf at least be against him and accuse him of wolfishness to make themselves look good.
This makes sense, but let's not forget that such approach would assume also one basket among the supporters. The rest could have been basically quite random.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #277
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, I have a paper to finish and a quiz to prep for, but I'll be back soon. With more analysis.

(BTW- the paper I have to write is for class teaches us how to use logical argument to prove our own points as well as to debunk the points of others. Yes, I'm loving it.)

Edit: crossed

Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #278
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
On the contrary, I find that the best tactic for wolves is to behave exactly like they'd normally behave. A quiet player remains quiet, a brazen player remains brazen. If declaring that he wanted to be Captain because it would be fun and he likes attention seemed out of character for Rune, do you really think he'd have been voted in?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #279
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Btw. One topic to ponder (after other things, but just to say it before I am gone) - as I figured out, the Captain really can adjust his lynch-stopping powers only on the second Day of his Captainship, if he is still in office, so... do you folks want to change your Captain, or are you fine with keeping me at least one more Day (it would also help me to kind of make a better picture of things, being able to pick more BGs on the next Night) and then just see? Of course it's all the matter of how much you trust me etc., but even for further "usage" of the Captains, I have been thinking that given how the rules are, it would perhaps be better to just have them for at least these two consecutive Days. So one more thing you can think of or discuss or ponder while I am not around.
Really? The rule clarification just makes me want to move captains along more. An innocent captain still stands a chance of fouling things up (and if we're going to foul the lynch up, we may as well foul it up as a village, and not leave the decision up to one person), a gifted captain wouldn't be able to use their abilities, and a wolf captain with that kind of power would be truly devastating. No, thank you. Decide a tie, but more than that is too dangerous.

Edit: crossed

Old 09-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #280
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
On the contrary, I find that the best tactic for wolves is to behave exactly like they'd normally behave. A quiet player remains quiet, a brazen player remains brazen. If declaring that he wanted to be Captain because it would be fun and he likes attention seemed out of character for Rune, do you really think he'd have been voted in?
Again, true, but they still want to try for the situation that gives them the best advantage.