The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #201
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Also, don't make a night guard, people. I'm too easy to lynch for the wolves to waste a kill on me. Put in someone who's trailless, like Brinn or Kath. Boro doesn't look likely to die either. If he's innocent, then he looks too suspicious to kill. Think about it.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #202
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Mac, nice to see you. Keep in mind that the cobbler has the power to stop nightly activities, so even if Rune is a cobbler and not a wolf, it's better to get rid of him. It's definitely not a good idea for him to be captain in that case.
I haven't played with him in a long time, so I wouldn't vote for him on Day1 just because there's a chance he's the cobbler. I absolutely do not endorse him for captaincy either, though.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #203
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Also, don't make a night guard, people. I'm too easy to lynch for the wolves to waste a kill on me. Put in someone who's trailless, like Brinn or Kath. Boro doesn't look likely to die either. If he's innocent, then he looks too suspicious to kill. Think about it.
I might look suspicious, but I challenge any of the wolves to try to lynch me. If they actually succeed I will make them cost for it dearly. Anyway, I agree, don't NG me tonight.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #204
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
On one hand people are saying it was a minor issue between Fea and me, but on the other hand, it was blown out to be something major?

Well, I think Rune directly declaring he wants to be a captain, was minor and it's being blown up into something more than what it should be. I hate such vague, slap on words like "odd," "wierd" and "strange" that someone can just label onto anyone.

It's far too easy, and carries around negative baggage because it's so vague.

"Oh Rune's not a wolf, but he's certainly acting odd."

"That's strange Rune, not wolvish, but you'r acting wierd."

What is that even supposed to mean? Do you think the person is a wolf, or are you just not agreeing with the way the person is acting?

Funny, how just because you don't think someone is a wolf doesn't mean the person would be a good Captain. It works both ways, just because you don't think someone should be a Captain, doesn't mean that person is a wolf.
I agree with you. "Weird," "strange," and "odd," are all just words for suspicious. I find Rune suspicious. I think he and his fellow wolves are pulling something to get themselves all into protected positions. I think his ploy for captain is suspicious. I think that just because it's obvious doesn't mean a wolf wouldn't try it. And I think that because it's so obvious, a wolf might.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #205
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I might look suspicious, but I challenge any of the wolves to try to lynch me. If they actually succeed I will make them cost for it dearly. Anyway, I agree, don't NG me tonight.
Wow, really? Are you trying to pull the "I'm hinting at being a gifted so don't lynch me" ploy for real? And if you are that gifted, isn't it better for us to lynch you so you can do your job?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #206
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Wow, really? Are you trying to pull the "I'm hinting at being a gifted so don't lynch me" ploy for real? And if you are that gifted, isn't it better for us to lynch you so you can do your job?
wow Roa you read my mind almost exactly...scary
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #207
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I agree with you. "Weird," "strange," and "odd," are all just words for suspicious. I find Rune suspicious. I think he and his fellow wolves are pulling something to get themselves all into protected positions. I think his ploy for captain is suspicious. I think that just because it's obvious doesn't mean a wolf wouldn't try it. And I think that because it's so obvious, a wolf might.
Interesting, I actually thought the ploy for Captain is just something that doesn't really have anything to do with being, not being, seeming or not seeming suspicious. I think it would fit Rune - an innocent Rune - to do that. Or a Cobbler Rune, for that matter. That would be likely, for example. But I do not think he would act the way he does if he was a Wolf. He's really vocal in a weird way (ha, again that word, but it really describes it. And no, I disagree, it's not just a word for "suspicous". Suspicious, at least here, means that I suspect him of something evil, i.e. of being a Wolf, but I don't. He's just weird, but obviously not weird to make me consider lynch him), that's not normal for Rune, but not even for a Wolf Rune, I would think. (Though I can't remember when I have last seen one.) I am not going to vote him for a Captain, though.

EDIT: x-ed since the quoted post
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #208
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
And I realize, I should have been more clear about who I was speaking towards too. I was directing my comments towards sally, Lommy, Nienna, and Kath.

However, you should consider (take this as me defending Rune...that's what it is) Rune's behavior. He does like positions of power, period, and he likes to be voted into them. He said the same exact speech in Fea's Republic game, campaigning to be a representative. If I recall, he was highly supportive of morm on Day 1 in that game, because of shared sense of connection/history/whatever you want to call it. I don't know if it's the same reasoning with Valier, but you know that wolves aren't the only ones with reasons to be openly supportive of eachother. In fact, the question is would a wolf-Rune and a wolf-Valier be so up-front about it on Day 1?

Perhaps, but such conspiracy theories about who's together with whom are very premature at this point. You shouldn't let suspicions against Rune dictate who else you find suspicious, and then use that as further reason to suspect Rune, because we don't know Rune's or anyone else's, role yet.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #209
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Ok, I'm back, and it seems I have a bit over half an hour to decide who I want to vote for lynch.

It won't be: (a.k.a. people I feel good about or have other reasons for not voting)
Fea - Nothing against her.
Nienna - Very sharp and seems innocent - I might vote to make her a Guard.
Macalaure - I like his reasoning, seems innocent, might vote for a Guard.
Kath - I don't pretend I can read her but she feels okay. Might vote for a Guard.
Loslote - Gets the benefit of doubt for being new, I might have a closer look at her toMorrow since her jump on Valier's suspicion of Nienna did look fishy.
Greenie - Obviously.
Nerwen - Another sensible player who seems innocent this far.
Roa - Way too helpful to be rid of on Day 1 with no reason!
Lommy - Seems nice and cuddly and innocent. I wonder, actually, if she's being a bit too cuddly, but consent to keeping an eye on her.
Boro - He, too, seems innocent and contributes.
Brinn - I know I'm rubbish at reading her but she seems genuine.
Rune - I agree with Mac in that he's most likely innocent or cobbler. Not worth a lynch vote, therefore.

Which leaves:
Valier - Quite frankly I have no idea.
Inzil - Same thing.
Sally - I'm really not sure. I didn't like her vote, it seemed so easy. On the other hand, I fear this may be just the basic Day 1 vague bad feeling thing that ends up in a disaster.
Hakon - His desire to become Captain was odd - I'm just wondering if it's a wolf being a bit too straightforward with his aims, a wolf who's attempting a ploy or an innocent who genuinely thinks he'd make a good Captain. Or a cobbler trying to provoke people by behaving oddly? Dunno.
Gwath - No idea.

EDIT: x-ed with a horde
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 09-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #210
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey Nog the 'Downs has just been out of action the last 10/15 minutes. Do we get the extra time back or must I throw my votes in now?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #211
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just got home. I am going to start reading then I will vote.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #212
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Hey Nog the 'Downs has just been out of action the last 10/15 minutes. Do we get the extra time back or must I throw my votes in now?
Okay the time is quite nasty for me (0.25AM with an early morning call) but I'd say you get 15 minutes extra toDay, so

the DL is 10.15PM GMT - fifty minutes from now...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #213
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The Downs are back, but the Downers aren't? Ah, well. Let's get the following out of the way:

++Captain Kath

++Guard Brinn
Old 09-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #214
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day1 votes thus far.

Captaincy:
Boro -> Rune
Sally -> Legate
Greenie -> Legate
Nerwen -> Roa
Valier -> Rune
Loslote -> Rune
Roa -> Legate
Rune -> Rune
Fea -> Roa
Inzil -> Rune (5)
Nienna -> Legate (4)
Lommy -> Roa (3)
Mac -> Kath

Five votes left...

NG:
Boro -> Inzil
Sally -> Valier
Inzil -> Boro
Roa -> Brinn
Nerwen -> Kath
Loslote -> Boro (2)
Rune -> Valier
Valier -> Roa
Fea -> Nienna
Nienna -> Roa (2)
Lommy -> Valier (3)
Mac -> Brinn (2)

Six votes left...

Lynch:
Rune -> Legate
Roa -> Rune
Nerwen -> Boro
Fea -> Hakon
Sally -> Rune
Nienna -> Rune (3)
Loslote -> Nienna

Eleven votes left...
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #215
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Hakon

Because of the two I considered voting (a.k.a. him and Sally) he's the one who has already received a vote and I don't want Rune to die. I don't think he is a werewolf.

PS. It seems I forgot Legate from my list. He is in the not to be lynched -category, obviously, since I voted him for Captaincy and all.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #216
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Hmmm the site seems to be having problems, so I don't want to risk not voting uncase it goes down again.

++Loslote for Lynch

Not sure if I was supposed to just bold that or highlight...

I was leaning towards Nienna but Loslotes actions seem more warranted for my vote today. I will have my radar on towards one or both tomorrow.

I'll still be here till the DL as long as the Downs is

Last edited by Valier; 09-22-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: bolded instead
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #217
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Glad to see it's not just my internet.
Admittedly, I don't have much in the way of good lynch candidates.
I need to vote while I can.

++ Lynch Hakon

He can't be just an unusual innocent every time, and I have no better leads at this point.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #218
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I'll be leaving now and let Lommy use the computer until DL. It seems Rune is on the lead at both lynch- and Captain votes. Interesting.

EDIT: x-ed with Valier and Inziladun
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #219
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
No. I'm stating fact. It's always easiest for wolves to kill me at night. I would have Agan vouch for that, but she's not here, so maybe Greenie? Who, despite winning last as a wolf, wished the wolves killed me, because I'm less of a thorn. 1. I'm a pain and 2. it's near impossible to lynch me, even when I am looking suspicious and 3. if I am lynched, there is a grave cost to anyone who is involved in it.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #220
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Rune for captain, I'm not sure about that. Legate or Roa aren't my ideal choices either, but ok.
Valier or Roa for guard is a bad idea, since they are most likely not targets anyway. Boro is not much better. Out of the people who have guard-votes, I'd prefer Brinn, Kath, or Inzil.
Rune for lynch is a bad idea, too. Hakon, well, not sure how suspicious he is, but he hasn't been helpful so far, so it would at least not be the worst loss.

Not too happy with your choices so far, village.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #221
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, I was interrupted by children selling wrapping paper.

I think we really need to use our votes for NG to protect the probable kill choices. Brinn, Kath, and Gwath.

Who has yet to vote?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #222
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I hope the 'downs will work now. Okay, I do not feel really good with making Rune a Captain, but I am not comfortable at all with lynching him, either. The other options presented this far are not much better either. Hakon, Boro, Nienna, Loslote... is this Loslote's first game? I would not like to get her lynched in that case.

As for NG, now I think I might choose possibly Brinn or Roa.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #223
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Erm, I'm a little confused Nog sorry. Your post was timestamped 10:25 so 15 or 50 minutes on from then?

Anyway here's the rest of toDay looked at (in far less detail due to the 'Downs misbehaving) along with a vote summary. I need to get to bed soon so I'll vote after I've posted this.

Legate – I actually really like his reasoning for making quiet people NGs. It is a good way to get them more involved.

Boro – er, I’m not sure. Basically ‘vote your top suspect’, which is fine if obvious, but not always feasible if voting your top suspect becomes utterly pointless if other people already have three votes and no one else suspects your suspect. Thinks Valier suspicious. Haha! A cross role hint! I was wondering how long it would take to get one of those.

Nienna – does even longer lists than me!

Inzil – suspects Hakon a bit for saying why he should be captain (I presume he means the innocent bit).

Nerwen – little bit suspicious of Rune for gunning for captain. Suspicious of Fea for not being aggressive enough.

Greenie – same thoughts as me about making a quiet person captain.

Roa – a no show during the Day might be a no show during the Night and thus could do no damage. Ok, I see her point.

Valier – getting a bad vibe from Nienna.

By the way Rune I know! I was planning on keeping a very close eye out for the start of the game given that it is Nog’s. I think I made my missing Day 1 case well while I was there but I thought I should try even harder than usual not to do it!

Aha votes! So:

Captain:
Boro --> Rune
Sally --> Legate
Greenie --> Legate
Nerwen --> Roa
Valier --> Rune
Lottie --> Rune
Roa --> Legate
Rune --> Rune
Fea --> Roa
Inzil --> Rune
Nienna --> Legate
Lommy --> Roa
Mac --> Kath

NG
Boro --> Inzil
Sally --> Valier
Inzil --> Boro
Roa --> Brinniel
Nerwen --> Kath
Lottie --> Boro
Rune --> Valier
Valier --> Roa
Fea --> Nienna
Nienna --> Roa
Lommy --> Valier
Mac --> Brinn

Lynch
Rune --> Legate
Roa --> Rune
Nerwen --> Boro
Fea --> Hakon
Sally --> Rune
Nienna --> Rune
Lottie --> Nienna
Greenie --> Hakon
Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Not sure if I was supposed to just bold that or highlight...
Only bold the lynch vote (so it stays white) and highligt the election-votes (Captain & the NG).

It's easier to look for them from the thread in case of need...

I have counted your vote already but you should change that just to be nice...
Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #225
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have read most of the posts. I do not have any solid suspicions although I don't like how Rune is getting so many votes for captain so easily. So yes he is my lynch vote.

++Rune

++Captain Legate

It is either Rune, him or Roa. Something is off about Roa. It is not a gut feeling it is more just how she responded to that Boro and Fea thing earlier.

++Guard Brinn

Needed to vote for someone here and she seems the best choice after Boro who does not wanted to be guarded.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #226
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Not too happy with your choices so far, village.
Then be around tomorrow to help form them.

Surely, someone looks suspicious to you.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #227
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Erm, I'm a little confused Nog sorry. Your post was timestamped 10:25 so 15 or 50 minutes on from then?
You still have a half an hour exactly now... (well 28 minutes...)

You Brits never learn that with the Daylight-savings your time is not the GMT but GMT+1... (it's a deja-vu -experience...)

Old imperialistic load that is?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #228
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would really hate to see Rune lynched today....how many voters left?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #229
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I would really hate to see Rune lynched today....how many voters left?
I wouldn't either, but may I ask why you would "really hate" it? Mac too for that matter?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #230
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I wouldn't either, but may I ask why you would "really hate" it?
Simply because I like him and haven't played a game with him in aaaaages, so yes I would hate to see him get lynched the first day.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #231
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I expect we'll see a rush of votes in the next few minutes. This could really go in any direction.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #232
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Cross posted since Greenie's vote.

Anyway:

++ROA for Captain

I think Roa is a good candidate. She is clearly around, engaged and looks to be playing well. I think she's a good first choice.

++ BRINN for Guard

It's been too long since I've played with her properly and I don't want to see her gone so early.

++ VALIER

I would rather not vote for her because it is her first game in a while but at the moment I don't like the way she is acting. She has just voted for a newbie who hasn't seemed suspicious to me so far and seems to have jumped onto suspicion of Lottie overly quickly. So far as I can work out, she is suspecting Lottie because she is following other people's suspicions rather than coming up with her own. Yet Valier wasn't suspicious of Lottie until Roa brought it up. So it just seems fishy to me.

Right, posting this, will check everything is highlighted and/or bolded correctly and will then disappear.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #233
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Captain:
Boro --> Rune
Sally --> Legate
Greenie --> Legate
Nerwen --> Roa
Valier --> Rune
Lottie --> Rune
Roa --> Legate
Rune --> Rune
Fea --> Roa
Inzil --> Rune
Nienna --> Legate
Lommy --> Roa
Mac --> Kath
Hakon-->Legate
Kath--> Roa
3 left

NG
Boro --> Inzil
Sally --> Valier
Inzil --> Boro
Roa --> Brinniel
Nerwen --> Kath
Lottie --> Boro
Rune --> Valier
Valier --> Roa
Fea --> Nienna
Nienna --> Roa
Lommy --> Valier
Mac --> Brinn
Hakon-->Brinn
Kath--> Brinn
4 left

Lynch
Rune --> Legate
Roa --> Rune
Nerwen --> Boro
Fea --> Hakon
Sally --> Rune
Nienna --> Rune
Lottie --> Nienna
Greenie --> Hakon
Hakon--> Rune
Valier--> Loslote
Kath--> Valier
7 left

Last edited by Valier; 09-22-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: x with kath and forgot my vote
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #234
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Then be around tomorrow to help form them.
Nah, I prefer leaning back idly and complaining.
But seriously, 6 pages on Day1 is too exhausting and tiresome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I wouldn't either, but may I ask why you would "really hate" it? Mac too for that matter?
Because I don't think he's a wolf and I haven't played with him in a while.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #235
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh and Nog - I just forget when we're actually IN daylight savings time!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #236
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nog, can you reply my question in #190?

One more thing about the NG votes - why is everybody thinking we should protect probable targets? To confuse wolves? The wolves know who we have protected by making them night guards, so in my opinion it doesn't have that much importance who's a probable kill and who's not (someone's gonna die anyway) but rather who we don't want to see dead and who we don't mind losing (err, sounds nasty, I know) and about whom we want to give the right to PM with someone else to.

I'm rather confused as for who to vote. Boro seems really rather unlike his normal ordo self. He has sort of hinted being gifted and there are so many of them in this game that it wouldn't matter anyway, so I can say that to me he seems like either gifted or wolf. I'm slightly confused on the matter, so I'd like to keep him around until toMorrow, because I also believe that a little more debate and controversy around him is going to be useful later on when (if?) he's dead.

I'm not too happy with the lynch candidates. Rune is most likely an ordo and Hakon hasn't done anything to merit lynching. He seems like a cannon fodder ordo to me. I've already stated why I wouldn't like to vote Boro yet and Nienna and Legate strike me as rather innocent.

Time to have another (quick) look at Sally, I guess.

edit: xed since 226
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #237
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Can we retract our captain and nightguard votes, too, by the way? Not meaning to start a discussion, just asking for a quick word from the mod.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #238
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I don't like Kath's vote for Valier, it seems forcedly reasonable.

Then again, that's kind of understandable.

But then again again, I really wouldn't mind voting her even as innocent because she so totally fooled me in Brinn's game.

edit: xed with Mac
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #239
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
One more thing about the NG votes - why is everybody thinking we should protect probable targets? To confuse wolves? The wolves know who we have protected by making them night guards, so in my opinion it doesn't have that much importance who's a probable kill and who's not (someone's gonna die anyway) but rather who we don't want to see dead and who we don't mind losing (err, sounds nasty, I know) and about whom we want to give the right to PM with someone else to.
But the last thing you said is also a reason - I said it before already - that the "quiet ones" will also be forced to PM. Which will make them do something, as the village's going to ask them "what have you been doing all Night" anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Can we retract our captain and nightguard votes, too, by the way? Not meaning to start a discussion, just asking for a quick word from the mod.
Yes, we can!!! (sorry, couldn't resist) Though it counts to the retractable total (2).
Old 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Nog, can you reply my question in #190?
Your #190 is as follows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loomy at #190
++Valier for Night Guard

Because
1) then she won't die too early to ruining her first game in ages
2) then she can put her good hunches for even better use if she converses about them with some other villager during the Night
3) if she's a wolf I can see her making slips or revealing moves more in private than public discussions

And now that those two votes are out of my way, I can dedicate the rest of my evening to wolf-hunting (after I've handed this to Greenie, that is).
SO what is the question? I answered one question by you, I think but don't have time to chack what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Can we retract our captain and nightguard votes, too, by the way?
I think I answered this as well... two votes can be retracted. YOu choose which ones...

And some have asked can you vote yourself (in any voting). In democracy you can vote yourself so that's perfectly fine.