The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #81
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I shall be The Reverser, with the power to read and write backwards.

!taht fo thguoht d'I hsiw I ,gnaD

*skseddaeh*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #82
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
!taht fo thguoht d'I hsiw I ,gnaD

*skseddaeh*
That was fabulous!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
That was fabulous!!!!!!!!!

?sknaht ,mrE

(I get bored a lot. What can I say?)
Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #84
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

!!!!siht ekil klat syawla dluohs eW

hehe, or not
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #85
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

.eil annog ton m'I .nuf etiuq eb dluow ti yllautcA

.slrewks tahc eht yb netae er'ew erofeb pots ylbaborp dluohs eW :ATE
Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #86
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
After final consultation...the same rules and DL apply. I'm going to post here all the roles.

With 20 people, we (meaning wilwa and I) have decided to have 3 villains, 1 cobbler, reinstate the renegade bear, 5 gifteds (seer, ranger, hunter, 2 shirriffs) and that leaves us with 10 or 11 ordos. A good ration me thinks.

Stay tuned to will put up all the roles here...and then edit them in the 1st post. This will be the the final changes...no ifs ands, or butts about it.

P.S. love it Nerwen.

GIFTEDS

Seer - choses a person to dream of each NIGHT. If the seer dreams of the cobbler, xe will only see an ordo.

Ranger- each NIGHT choses someone to protect. The Ranger may protect xemself once and can not protect the same person 2 nights in a row.

Hunter- each NIGHT choses someone to hunt. If attacked, and the hunter has chosen a villain, the villain will die with the hunter. If xe choses an innocent, only the hunter will die. The Hunter can not kill the shape-shifter. During the DAY, the Hunter may change the pick from the NIGHT before once. If lynched, the Hunter will take with xem whoever xe picked, regardless of role, and if the renegade bear was chosen during the DAY, the bear will die too.

BFFs- 2 people who will be best friends forever, they may pm during both DAY and NIGHT phases. They both can not be known at the same time. Meaning if one is going to be lynched and decides to reveal, the other can not say "I'm the other BFF." If one dies than the other may reveal. (The only exception to this is if the seer dreams and reveals both their identities)

X ordos - vote each DAY.

EVIL

3 villains- normal baddies, who choose one player to kill at night. They desire the Dark Monarch's victory. (Firefly, Gust, and Pain) The villains can be killed by lynch, the Hunter, or the Shape-shifter.

Shape-shifter- The Dark Monarch's first attempt to corrupt a hero goes terribly wrong. She loses control, and the person has become a shape-shifting renegade bear. The Bear is a complete loner, who now only desires his/her own victory. The bear will chose one person to kill each NIGHT. The bear can be stopped by the Ranger, but at NIGHT can not be killed by the Hunter. The bear can die by lynching, or if the Hunter is lynched during the DAY and Hunter has chosen the bear. The bear can be killed by the villains, and can be discovered by the seer.

Cobbler- will count as an innocent, but wants the Dark Monarch's victory, hoping xe will be rewarded. The cobbler will not be able to find out who the villains are

I believe that is all. See Form aren't you glad I didn't rush into this tomorrow?

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-09-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #87
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
After final consultation...the same rules and DL apply. I'm going to post here all the roles.

With 20 people, we (meaning wilwa and I) have decided to have 3 villains, 1 cobbler, reinstate the renegade bear, 5 gifteds (seer, ranger, hunter, 2 shirriffs) and that leaves us with 10 or 11 ordos. A good ration me thinks.

Stay tuned to will put up all the roles here...and then edit them in the 1st post. This will be the the final changes...no ifs ands, or butts about it.

P.S. love it Nerwen.
By renegade bear do you mean regular werebear, or is it something I'm not familiar with? Just making sure I know what's going on.

(By the way, I nominate Nerwen for the coolest useless power. I fully intend to make her use it....like, a lot.)
Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #88
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Yeah, pretty much regular bear, with kill and such. Pretty much. More specific details to come though.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #89
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Yeah, pretty much regular bear, with kill and such. Pretty much. More specific details to come though.
Shiny. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #90
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
B

autume...mind if you I name you "Lady Tum, the Fish whisperer"?
Oooh, I like that name!

Also just so everybody knows, I will need to vote early on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Tum
Old 08-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #91
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Did sign-ups really close only six hours after they opened? Hmm, I think this is the second WW game this summer I've missed due to such quick sign-up time frames. I didn't even know the last game already ended until a few hours ago. I feel so behind. :/
Old 08-09-2009, 03:21 AM   #92
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, Ok, before anyone says anything, I'd like to just say as the Mod-God I reserve the right to change any past decisions (up until the start of the game). Now I know I said I was putting my boot down, and thank you wilwa for coming in for support, but Brinn you're in too.

I am super excited by this game, and I have been very happy by the sign-ups, I really was not expecting this. It reminds me of the WW games long ago when we had so many players, we had to open up Junior threads to accomodate everyone. Remember those days? Seemed like a long time ago. My point is I can't remember the last time we had this many players sign-up, and I don't want to shut anyone out from experiencing a full, fun, competitive game with a mix of both old and new particpants.

That is my final say and it is unquestonable

Edit: For anyone who wants to read a similar game (same exact roles actually, and 20 players) check Oddwen's game... Werewolf IIX...

I said I wanted classic, can't get much more classic than that. Is it by some wierd coincidence to that Oddwen's game happened to be my first ever? And now completely unintentionally, we've managed to create virtually the same one just a different premise? I love this!

Edit 2: Haha, that game really takes you back...notice Durelin as the Town Feline still must love cats. wilwa was a butterfly researcher. And I guess as the Town Coroner I still had an obsession with death

Also, master phantom brought up a good point that trust/distrust can vary from game to game. So if you are having difficulty in figuring out the oxymoron "Who do you trust the most?" think of it this way.

Give me at least 2 people, who if under threat of being lynched were pleading their innocence you would believe?

And for distrust, at least 2 people, who if under the threat of being lynched, were pleading their innocence you would automatically think they were full of it?

Maybe that will help...so if anyone who's already sent one in wishes to make changes feel free.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-09-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 AM   #93
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
(By the way, I nominate Nerwen for the coolest useless power. I fully intend to make her use it....like, a lot.)
?uoy od, od uoy hO

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-09-2009 at 05:36 AM. Reason: .setouq dexif
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #94
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
And for distrust, at least 2 people, who if under the threat of being lynched, were pleading their innocence you would automatically think they were full of it?
?elpmaxe rof ,uoy ...ekil naem uoY
Old 08-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #95
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Boro wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if that's really a power, or you're just a guy who loves syrup.
Actually, I loathe the stuff, but what doesn't one put up with in order to serve humanity?
My real power, of course, is to communicate with those flies and tell them where to take me.

A few questions about the bear: will we know which kills were the bear's and which the wolves'? What happens if the last two survivors are a wolf and the bear? And finally, are bears as keen on maple syrup as they are on honey?

!!ytinas ym tcetorp ot dehcnyl uoy teg ot evah ll'I ro ,emag eht tuohguorht pu siht peek ot gniog ton er'uoy epoh I ,newreN
Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #96
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I will vote, without exception, for everybody who types backwards and expects me to read it.

I'm not joking.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #97
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I will vote, without exception, for everybody who types backwards and expects me to read it.

I'm not joking.
I have to agree. It's okay when you're joking in the admin thread, but in the actual game it will grow tiresome rather quickly.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #98
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:

[I]Edit: For anyone who wants to read a similar game (same exact roles actually, and 20 players) check Oddwen's game... Werewolf IIX...

Edit 2: Haha, that game really takes you back...notice Durelin as the Town Feline still must love cats. wilwa was a butterfly researcher. And I guess as the Town Coroner I still had an obsession with death
Oh my goodness, I remember that game!!! Wow, I am so obsessed with butterflies, not healthy.

Quote:
haha, whether you trust or distrust Boro doesn't matter....he's in charge.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #99
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
And in case anyone is finding it hard to picture the beauty that is a butterfly as being evil, the Dalai Lama said that butterflies are extremely uncaring creatures.
I'm not having any trouble.

They are terrifying!

Heh, I'm not the only one around here who is afraid of them, either...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #100
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I'm not having any trouble.

They are terrifying!

Heh, I'm not the only one around here who is afraid of them, either...
Really? Wow, I think they're magnificant!

But good good.....fear me!!!! :P
Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #101
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
!!ytinas ym tcetorp ot dehcnyl uoy teg ot evah ll'I ro ,emag eht tuohguorht pu siht peek ot gniog ton er'uoy epoh I ,newreN
*ylhsidneif shgual*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post

I'm not joking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
I have to agree. It's okay when you're joking in the admin thread, but in the actual game it will grow tiresome rather quickly.
?that retfa ti pord neht ,enO yaD no ti od tsuj I tuoba woh ,kooL !stropsliopS
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #102
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Boro wrote:
A few questions about the bear: will we know which kills were the bear's and which the wolves'? What happens if the last two survivors are a wolf and the bear? And finally, are bears as keen on maple syrup as they are on honey?
Yes the narrations should be clear enough as to whom killed who. For your other question, don't trouble me with abnormal scenarios which are unlikely to happen. Kidding, oi that's difficult, right now all I'll say is a super battle will take place. I think bears like anything sweet, and nothing might be sweeter than syrup covered legs. Although, the millions of flies may mask the syrup and spare your life

Quote:
Use it as often and as long as you want. Of course I won't stop anyone from wating to lynch you for it, but it'd be highly amusing.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #103
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Add me to the list of those voting for people typing backwards.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #104
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
!sdrawkcab gniklat elpoep fo tsil eht ot em dda nehT
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #105
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
?skaeP niwT morf mooR deR eht siht si ro, snwoD eht no llits ew erA
Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #106
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
This is what I think of the backwards writing.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #107
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
*ylhsidneif shgual*

That sound much better than doing it the whole time I can't speak for anyone else, though.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #108
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Roles will be sent out Tuesday at around 10pm, and Night 1 will then start at 11pm. Making Day 1 start Wednesday at 11pm.

So, by Tuesday (say roughly noon - 1pm) I will need from:

Brinn - power and answers
Hakon - power
Lommy - power and answers
Pitch - answers
Shasta - answers

P.S. Thanks sally for pointing out that I used the wrong word...I thought that was Nienna's power? Oh wiat, she just analyzes people based on the frequency of words used. Apparently I used "power" and "answers" a lot...what's that say about me?

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-10-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #109
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Getting on it now, sir. *salutes* Oh, and as a point of interest (or perhaps not, but either way) I may be busy after the first couple days of the game. My mother's getting out of the hospital next weekend and I'm to take care of her a bit so I'll be here but it might be a bit sporadic. Just a heads up.

*runs off to do Master Boro's bidding*
Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #110
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
I am super excited for this game, and I have been very happy by the sign-ups, I really was not expecting this. It reminds me of the WW games long ago when we had so many players, we had to open up Junior threads to accomodate everyone. Remember those days? Seemed like a long time ago. My point is I can't remember the last time we had this many players sign-up, and I don't want to shut anyone out from experiencing a full, fun, competitive game with a mix of both old and new particpants.

Ah... the Golden Age. Most of you youngins would remember them days. Life was simple but good--no Grad school or capstone classes to mess up the simple joys of life. Course, y'all won't remember the big name people what played Werewolfe back then... SPM, Wayne the Goblin, the phantome...

Yessirree, back in them days, you had to hike five miles into town, uphill both ways, to register for Werewolfe, and you had to get there three days early, 'cause there wasn't much else to do for sport, and come winter once the crops were in, you'd probably not have a job neither. Yessirree... them's were the good old days...

*falls asleep in rocking chair. Is disturbed by sound of young punks*

Darned kids! Git off my lawn!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In other news, I'm think I've settled, for lack of a more brilliant inspiration (but hey, this is supposed to be the D-List, right?) on Celibateman. As someone termed it last night "saving girls everywhere from awkward first dates." Let's call this the power of being able to convert any relationship to a platonic one.

It's a hard superpower.

I'll get that list of names to you soonish, Boro.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #111
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Although I can read the backwards, I can't really say I like it. That being siad, if you maintain it through day 1, I've already got someone to vote for on that silly day.

*has a curmudgeonly anti-Day 1 reputation to uphold*
Old 08-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #112
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Roles will be sent out Tuesday at around 10pm, and Night 1 will then start at 11pm. Making Day 1 start Wednesday at 11pm.
I just happen to have some busy weeknights this week. So I will need to vote early on Thursday this week.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #113
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have two questions.

Are the days for this specific game going to be 12 hours or 24 hours? What was a junior werewolf game?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I have two questions.

Are the days for this specific game going to be 12 hours or 24 hours? What was a junior werewolf game?
All Days and Nights will be 24 hours unless our lovely mods say otherwise.

WW Junior were, if you will, secondary games, which in the past were played at the same time as other games. No real difference between Junior and Regular.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #115
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
WW Junior were, if you will, secondary games, which in the past were played at the same time as other games. No real difference between Junior and Regular.
Though there was a subtle sense of the idea that if you wanted to sort of get the hang of it, you might want to play Junior instead of Regular. That fell away, but at first Junior was the place to go if you were a bit intimidated by the nutty old folks massacring each other without mercy in the regular games.

But then there wasn't as much demand and games slowed down a bit, so Junior wasn't needed any more and nobody thought much of it.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #116
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
That fell away, but at first Junior was the place to go if you were a bit intimidated by the nutty old folks massacring each other without mercy in the regular games.~Fea
Ahh but don't forget Mith had a Junior game, where you, Kuru and Kitanna were massacred because of morm, Firefoot, Nerwen, and myself. That Junior game definitely had some of the biggest nuts killing eachother.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #117
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm going to get the game thread started now, and start the opening narration. I won't be around much tomorrow and don't want to leave everything on Tuesday.

So, I'll start the story, and of course remind everyone no posting in that thread yet.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #118
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm in. However, for the first day or two I will be a bit inactive. Not wholly absent, but due to school, I will be a bit busier during the day.

I will be Athlete's Foot I grow an edible foot fungus at will.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #119
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I'm in. However, for the first day or two I will be a bit inactive. Not wholly absent, but due to school, I will be a bit busier during the day.

I will be Athlete's Foot I grow an edible foot fungus at will.
Morm, I think we might actually be filled up. Boro will of course correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't know if we have room for anyone else.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #120
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
All Days and Nights will be 24 hours unless our lovely mods say otherwise.
Well I was actually hoping for them to be 21 hours and 37 minutes each, but Boro thought that might get a bit confusing.