The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #81
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just wanted to say... My vote was after DL, so I had to delete it.

edit: So it seems that I could have kept it. Oh well... too late now.

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-23-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #82
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
If it was, then it was. I was refreshing things really quickly so in hindsight I'm not sure if you squeaked in or not (I thought you had at the time).

In any case, it doesn't count now.

It's okay to wait 5 minutes or so to let things cool down before we go and delete everything.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #83
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, so just to reiterate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
During DUSKs, I will post a deadline one minute after 1900 GMT, Barrow-Downs time. This post will be later edited in to include narrations, and will get rid of the "deadline" text for smoother day/night transitions.

As such, I will respectfully request that all posts that occur after my "deadline" post be deleted. If the poster wishes, the content may be moved to this admin thread.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #84
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh no - famous last words.
I can't find where it says (if it says) what the voting/modfire rules are, but if you want to modfire me, I richly deserve it. I almost voted this morning to prevent this from happening... should have done so - ended up spending the whole day running errands in the new car with the clock three hours slow.
*headdesk*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #85
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narration is up, and I'm rather proud of it.

There are no modfire rules in this game. The houseguests should deal with such situations themselves.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #86
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Narration is up, and I'm rather proud of it.
And rightly so! Thanks, thanks, thanks for a great death scene! I was panting with excitement reading this. Awesome job!
And good luck to all my fellow innocents! I can't wait to watch the end of this...
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #87
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Mnemi -
Quote:
At the last minute, though, Eönwë cast the deciding vote for Inziladun.
Did he indeed? I thought Eönwe's vote was after deadline and didn't count?
Last time I looked, it was Nerwen who brought Inzil up to 2 votes together with Shasta and me. Please clarify!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #88
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe voted for Inziladun at 1901 GMT just before I posted the deadline post, but then deleted it about thirty seconds afterward (even though it would have counted, per my rules posted above). Since reposting that vote would have occurred after the deadline, I decided not to count the vote.

The narration reflects in a gamely fashion some of the confusions that resulted.

So toMorrow if you want to address the whole issue, in-game you should address Eonwe's reluctance to kill and not a deleted vote.

So, recapitulation:

In the narration, Eonwe's vote counted. In the actual game, it didn't. This fact was borne out in the narration by Eonwe's reluctance to kill Inziladun and Inziladun's subsequent outburst.

Hope that clarifies all the confusions.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #89
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Glorious!! Two for the price of one!! Mwah hah hah hah hah!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #90
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
By which of course , I meant to say 'I like the narration very much'.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #91
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
By which of course , I meant to say 'I like the narration very much'.
*cough* If you say so...
Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #92
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't really like the narration, though it's nothing to do with Mnemosyne's writing skills. Maybe I'm just bitter for getting killed trying to tell a story, as we were asked to as per the theme of this game in the first place?

Thanks a heap.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #93
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Yet again, I have to give an early vote warning.

I will not be around at all tomorrow so I will have to vote late tonight (midnight- 1 am GMT) or perhaps early tomorrow morning if I feel optimistic about getting up *really* early...
Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #94
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
I was going to vote yesterday and then my connection just crapped out on me.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae, on the game thread
Who are you, really?
Your mom.

--or--

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

(slid to the admin thread because we're all confused around here)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-24-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added teh funneh
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #96
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narration is up.

I will be gone from 12:00 GMT Sunday to 0:00 GMT Tuesday (at least).

Wolf, please PM toNight's kill to me and Sally. If you can have a decision in before I am unavailable, I'll try to give Sally a full-fledged narration. I'm also planning on having a couple of mock narrations up for Day Four's lynch (there won't be too many options) so that that can be done ASAP.

If I cannot complete narrations on time, then Sally will place in a simple post with the name of the kill. A narration will be filled in as soon as humanly possible. In the case of Day Four, the game will be over anyway, so the game won't be dependent on the narration, plus I should be able to narrate by the time Day Five would have come about anyway. If the wolf (whether victim or victor) wishes to reveal you will all know anyway (personally I'd rather keep everyone hanging on tenterhooks, but that's just me).

But Sally will not reveal the identity of the Day Four lynch.

If it becomes clear nonetheless that the game is over with one clear victor, let me stress:

Commentary on the game should be restricted to this thread only. The game thread will be open only for closing narrations after Day Four.

Thank you all for an awesome game so far and I'll see you in a few days!

~Mnemosyne

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-25-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #97
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
O glorious dead! ^_^
Old 07-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #98
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All narrations (except for the closing ones) are done, so we're clear to have Sally be the amazing comoddess that she is.

I respectfully request that our resident lycan keep a shut trap as to his or her identity for maximum narrational suspense power, even if all votes are cast five minutes after Dawn.

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-25-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #99
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Narration's up, and dern tasty if I may say so myself. Get to posting!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #100
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae, in the game thread
It looks as though we're all holding our votes for the last minute, then? Say, let's all vote for the person to the right (or, er, east). That way the wolf doesn't win in any case, and our hostess may find it interesting enough to resurrect us all (if anyone is really dead at all) and set us free!

I will personally kill you....

In other news I will be here to post the deadline but then I have to leave to check out a job opportunity. Please do not engage in any post-game discussion until you are told it is okay to do so, and after that make sure to keep all 'I told you so's, squeeing, and/or ranting confined to the admin thread. Thanks!

~~Sally~~

P.S. By post-game discussion I also mean revealing, so if you are killed (wolf or ordo) do NOT tell everyone what you are. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #101
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
What if Mnemo thinks your three Days without a vote from four possible will trigger a modfire and we all die?
Ah, but I'm in charge now.

In all seriousness, no matter what happens (even if Rikae is the only one left alive at the end of the Day) my last instruction still stands. Narration will be up hopefully at exactly 2pm. Thanks for your patience if I'm a bit late.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Please do not engage in any post-game discussion until you are told it is okay to do so
Now that's rude indeed!

I mean the only thing we wish now is to start the rambling immediately! Why wait until tomorrow or something?

And we know the result anyway.

I'm not one of those who say the mods are taking too much power to themselves or use dictatorial means, but not being able to start the post-game discussion when the game ends is a strict violation of human rights! I'll make an appeal to the United Nations for this!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Now that's rude indeed!

I mean the only thing we wish now is to start the rambling immediately! Why wait until tomorrow or something?

And we know the result anyway.

I'm not one of those who say the mods are taking too much power to themselves or use dictatorial means, but not being able to start the post-game discussion when the game ends is a strict violation of human rights! I'll make an appeal to the United Nations for this!

Hushabye, dear one. Patience is a virtue, and I've always thought you a rather nice man. Wait for Her Duckess's instructions.

ETA: Oh, and I'd just like to say.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #104
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
ETA: Oh, and I'd just like to say.
I saw the narration, all right.

Well, Rikae had to buy the right to the victory - and she surely did it! *kudos*
Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #105
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I saw the narration, all right.

Well, Rikae had to buy the right to the victory - and she surely did it! *kudos*

Oi! *slaps you on the wrist* I was serious about no discussion!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #106
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hmph, is this is what I think it is, I only have to say what George Harrison said about the B Sharps' rooftop performance -

that's been done.

Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #107
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Stow it, the both of you! Understand?!

*loves her Pirates of the Carribean*

Look, I have to go out for a job interview, but I was not kidding about discussion and stuff. Please to be keeping quiet, as Mnemo commands it.

Alternatively....

Silence! I kill you!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #108
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

*sneaks in while the moddess is away*

Boo!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #109
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am saying nothing in the least bit naughty...I am merely apologising for my hasty vote and subsequent absence. My sister in law turned up unexpectedly and it would have been very bad for family relations had I hung around on the computer.
Sorry about that.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #110
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I. Am. The. Biggest. Moron. Ever.

Yeah, so not that it should surprise you, but I screwed up. *headdesks* I don't know if I read the rules as the first three ties go through or if I was just reading the game thread and assumed it had been changed or what, but yeah.

Here's the deal.
  • I forgot/misread/whatever the "first two ties go, and then coin flip" bit of the rules. Once I talked to Mnemo I of course realized my mistake, but that was like twenty minutes ago, so I'm just getting around to fixing my whoopsie.
  • I flipped a coin, and Nog lost.
  • The narration is being blended between mine and the one Mnemo wrote because, well, I like mine, and that way it makes a bit more sense with the failed tie and all.
  • I think I should be shot for messing it up, if I don't headdesk to death first.
  • The narration, v2.0, will be up shortly. Feel free to read (and possibly vomit).
  • Still don't talk, because things haven't changed. Well, you know what I mean.
  • Mnemo will be back sometime tomorrow to clean up my mess.
  • I'm having a cup of tea and taking a nap now. Kthnxbye.

Sorry again about the trouble. I have no idea what went through my head, but rest assured that everything was handled fairly and nothing really changed except the narration. (As in, once I realized I'd messed up the rules I fixed everything and everything happened how it should have happened if I wasn't so tired and slightly ignorant.) Any questions or concerns with my idiocy should be handled by PM to myself, and once again Mnemo will be back tomorrow to handle the closing of the game. Thanks for your patience.

~~Sally~~

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #111
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm back now, and just wanted to apologize for the confusion earlier (if I'd had my phone off silent this would never have happened). I'm leaving the narrational fusion (all of my possibilities had not accounted for a tie) to Sally's capable paws, while reserving the right to go back through and make some stylistic edits.

In the meantime, since I know something you don't know, I'll work on the closing narrations. They should be up by the time the next Day would have started.

Hang in there!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #112
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't know why Sally didn't bother alerting everyone on this thread earlier but the new narration is up.

Nog just got Gelmir'd. *grin*

More to come shortly.

And aren't you all glad we postponed the post-game discussion since there was all of that tie mish-mashup?

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-28-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #113
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yeah, sorry about that. My computer went a bit nuts so I decided to go to bed because it wouldn't behave.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #114
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Yeah, sorry about that. My computer went a bit nuts so I decided to go to bed because it wouldn't behave.
Totally cool, my dear. Nice fusion, though I think I made it impossible by giving you a full-out execution to fuse into a tie-like situation.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #115
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Totally cool, my dear. Nice fusion, though I think I made it impossible by giving you a full-out execution to fuse into a tie-like situation.
Thanks very much. And feel free to edit; I had a rather shiny version but when my computer died it didn't save some of the changes so it's a bit rough now. Still, not bad. And there will be an end to the suffering at deadline, I assume?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #116
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Or sooner.

Penultimate bit of narration is up.

Players and observers, please still resist the urge!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #117
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Or sooner.

Penultimate bit of narration is up.

Players and observers, please still resist the urge!

Aha. Even better....

Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #118
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Closing narration is up.

This thread is open for post-game discussion!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #119
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*squees, changes icon accordingly*
Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #120
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

That narration was phenomenal, Mnemosyne...I really feel haunted now.
Apologies to all for my vile behaviour. To Fea, for abandoning her...although she did say we should...but especially to Nogrod. I've felt like a worm these last few days, if it's any consolation...