The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #41
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Basically try to remember how people died in Lord of the Rings and PM as many as you can think of (I'd give an example but....well, you know....I'm me and you know how accurate the movies are) to the moddess. Like a list of the interesting character demises in the books.
Or at least that's what I think she means. Feel free to correct me, oh duckess.
That's what I did, and apparently that was correct.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #42
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, thanks.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #43
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, I suppose part of not breaking character means not talking about previous games, how people usually behave, how wolves behave, etc? That will be difficult.
That depends - if understood Mnemie correctly, we're supposed to play ourselves as Downers; as such, it wouldn't be out of character for us to know and talk about Werewolf, would it?

PS. - Mnemie, did you miss Rikae's sign-up? She's not on the player list yet.
Just two short of 13! I hope this is going to start soon, waiting is becoming unbearable...
Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #44
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
PS. - Mnemie, did you miss Rikae's sign-up? She's not on the player list yet.
Just two short of 13! I hope this is going to start soon, waiting is becoming unbearable...
I think Eönwë said earlier to put him down with a '?'.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #45
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fea, it looks like we'll be starting later after all. You in?

*goes to poke a couple people on facebook*

Player list seems to be as follows:
Nessa
Zil
Shasta
Pitchwife
The McCobbler
Nog
Fea (maybe, now that it seems we'll be starting later?)
Tum
Steve (?)
Boro
Lal
Nerwen
Rikae

Assuming no one else has signed up by PM or something (and assuming that Fea is still interested) we have the desired 13 players! (12 without Steve, though I hope he can play.) I know someone else who is interested but hasn't decided if they can play yet, so it looks like we're getting close!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #46
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
C'mon everybody! Show up!

Darn... just realised I haven't fulfilled the requirements... *dashes off to do that*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #47
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
C'mon everybody! Show up!

Darn... just realised I haven't fulfilled the requirements... *dashes off to do that*
Quite right, sir!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #48
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I am currently thinking Night One is going to start on the 19th.

This way Fea can play, and we should be up to 13 if all of our ? players are in.

I will have more information for everyone shortly; I just wanted to give everyone a quick info update.

This should also, if any ?'s drop out, allow us to find replacements shortly, and lastly, for me to be able to do some advance narrations. I am seriously hoping that I will not fall into the moddess' sin of not getting narrations done on time.

Accordingly, I will need all Nighttime decisions in by 2 hours before the deadline.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #49
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Remove the question mark from behind my name. I have signed up for real.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #50
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm going through the Personal Info things, and am still missing four people's. Since I'm still waiting on confirmation from Eonwe and Fea I won't kill them yet, but...

I am not waiting on Lalaith or autume. Except for the narrational aids. *suddenly wishes there were an angry face that did not look so virulent as the one we have*

McCaber, I'll make the necessary edit. Thank you!

Clarifications that should have been made, like, a week ago:

1). "Tolkienian deaths" does indeed mean any sorts of deaths that have happened in canon, for very, very loose definitions of canon. BoLT does not have to be ruled out, even! I've got a really good list so far; just need to do some more organization.

2). "Your room" is supposed to be your room at home. Even if it's a fairly lame room. I said this was inspired by The Prisoner, remember?

3). This is taking place in an alternate universe in which the Barrow-Wight never introduced Werewolf to the 'Downs. You are all theoretically called here because you're members of this great Tolkien site. So no, you shouldn't talk about how you've played with people before. All that you, the character, know about them is how coherently they can argue on the topics of Balrogs and Wings and Such.

Oh, and also.

Any vegetarians among us?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #51
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now that it's the 19th, yes, I'm definitely in.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #52
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'll send the stuff by PM tomorrow. Sorry, things at work have been busier than expected. Is that ok?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #53
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Perfectly fine!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #54
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Accordingly, I will need all Nighttime decisions in by 2 hours before the deadline.
How are the wolves supposed to manage that if they may only PM in the Nighttime? Decide one night in advance?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #55
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

They may discuss strategy and such during the full 24 hours of the Night phase, they just have to get their kill choice in 2 hours before Dawn. Hope that helps.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #56
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of the Dusk deadline, not the Dawn. Stupid me!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #57
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Currently getting everything for narrations organized.

Day phases will start and end at 1900 GMT (keeping in mind much of the world is on Daylight Savings Time right now).

To Americans, this translates as 3:00 p.m. EDT; 2:00 Central.

If you have any questions about time zones and the deadline, you should clear those up with me now.

Same thing goes with the Rules. Rule questions should be placed on the thread until roles are sent out. Afterwards, they should be PMed to me and/or sally.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #58
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Game thread is up. Aside from headcounts and daycounts, everything OOC should be posted on this thread and not the gamethread.

During DUSKs, I will post a deadline one minute after 1900 GMT, Barrow-Downs time. This post will be later edited in to include narrations, and will get rid of the "deadline" text for smoother day/night transitions.

As such, I will respectfully request that all posts that occur after my "deadline" post be deleted. If the poster wishes, the content may be moved to this admin thread, which I just noticed has completely the wrong number on it.

Oh, well.

Gamethread doesn't, at least.

We're currently proceeding based on tentative communications with the idea that Fea is playing. Narrations should be easily editable if this turns out not to be the case, and we still have a few wiggle days in which to find someone else to take her place.

If there are ever any spelling/grammatical/formatting errors in my narration posts, please let me know by PM so that I may fix them.

Now to change my theme...

EDIT: Fea's in. Woop woop!

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-17-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #59
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nice to see this one beginning and looking forwards to the storytelling -mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
During DUSKs, I will post a deadline one minute after 1900 GMT, Barrow-Downs time. This post will be later edited in to include narrations, and will get rid of the "deadline" text for smoother day/night transitions.

As such, I will respectfully request that all posts that occur after my "deadline" post be deleted. If the poster wishes, the content may be moved to this admin thread, which I just noticed has completely the wrong number on it.
Exactly how it should be done imho! Kudos Mnemo for that!
Old 07-18-2009, 05:22 AM   #60
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Great narration, Mnemi! Of course, I realize now I should have given some more consideration to my room description... well, now the bed I didn't make will be the one I've got to lie on!
Old 07-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #61
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Just a friendly reminder that once the game starts you lovelies should be in invisible mode. Don't forget!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #62
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All PMs are out.

It is currently Night One.

Wolves may PM; the Seer should send me a pick tonight.

Reminders

If you have any questions, take it to PM.

You should all be in invisible mode.

When Day begins, please remember to keep in mind that we are also working together as a team to make this a nice, readable, Werewolfian story. So anything that you think will make this read better, as long as it keeps in mind the primary goal of the game (i.e., playing it well for your side), is good.

Do not break character!
Old 07-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #63
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
This is just to let you know that I probably won't be around for the first part of Day One. I am currently posting this from one of the three internet terminals in Bordertown, SA, and most likely won't have another chance until I'm back in Melbourne tomorrow evening.

I'll think up some in-game reason for my absence.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #64
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Just a friendly reminder that once the game starts you lovelies should be in invisible mode. Don't forget!
!!!
If any of my fellow newbies (looking at nobody especially...) has problems finding the invisibility option, it's in your User CP, in the Control Panel on the left, under Edit Options.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #65
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

By the skin of my teeth, the narration is up.

We are now in business.

You may post on the gamethread.

Good luck.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #66
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

FYI, somehow I left a really important word out of the penultimate narration. You might want to reread the last few sentences.

Also, can't believe I forgot this, but vote for someone like this:

++Mnemosyne

In bold, on a separate line.

Otherwise I won't count it.

Nyah.

P.S. This is looking awesome.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #67
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Back from work, trying to catch up.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #68
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Ah, sorry I took so long to get into the game! I had to get some internet acess first. And, noob question, what's this about "invisible mode"?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #69
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just an interesing point: There are the same amount of posts on this Admin Thread as the game thread- not a good sign...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd bet the admin thread has the edge now...
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #71
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry about not getting the dl in in time. I was in the ER with a student (don't worry; everything's fine) for five hours. Since sally is out of town I couldn't have her sub in for me, and even my "I might not be around for dl" post got interrupted. The good news is that I won't be on this duty again for the rest of the week; probably ever.

Nessa, you need to be in "invisible mode" so that no one can tell when you're on the 'Downs or not (a high amount of NIGHTtime activity, for example, would indicate wolvishness or giftedness). To do so, click on the "User CP" tab, then "Edit Options" on the lefthand panel. The first box that you can check, check, then save changes at the bottom. Hope that helped!

Eonwe, if the gamethread posts are long and of a good quality, the length of the admin thread does not matter!

I should have the narration up within the next three hours; unfortunately I'm on full-time work now and won't get a break in till then.

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 07-21-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #72
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I am so far beyond confused as to when DL is, my time, now.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #73
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry, I believe I missed the DL again(!). I was confused about when it was.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:28 PM   #74
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm sorry - I completely forgot the deadline. I'm used to later evening ones, so I wasn't looking for it - it won't happen again!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #75
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narration's up.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #76
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Heads up:

I just had a HUGE amount of upheaval in my life. My current daily schedule that was intended to last for the next two weeks has been truncated, because the place where I'm working is closing early. (It's nothing terrible and won't be affecting me aside from scheduling changes, but if you want to know more you can PM me.)

The good news is is that this upheaval is not going to take full effect until sally is back to handle deadlines and narrations. I'm hoping that I'll be able to type up sufficient narration so that she can continue posting the way that I have; however, I can't guarantee everything. But I fully intend to let this change affect the game as little as possible.

I will let everyone know at what point they need to send PMs to both me and her. It should not be for another few days.

~Mnemosyne
Old 07-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #77
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

the comoddess checks in

Hello, dear ones. All is a go for me to be home tomorrow evening, so if you need anything so ahead and PM me/Mnemo with your questions. And, for future reference, if you should need to get ahold of me once Mnemo is unavailable....if my PM box is full my e-mail is listed on my profile so you'll be able to catch me that way as well. You're all doing fabulously, and I can't wait until I can catch up on the thread properly. Until tomorrow~!

~~Sally~~

P.S. Nerwen missed the DL again?!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #78
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally will probably be posting the DL today. I will still be around to handle Nighttime PMs, though you should probably copy her just to be safe.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #79
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Just to let you know, RL commitments mean that I will be voting early (in the next hour) and will not be here for deadline.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #80
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm going to see an European Cup football match to the stadium right down the corner of my home but will be back about an hour before the DL. Just FYI.