The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #161
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ah, here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Good catch about Mac Lommy. Because that just looks like either "Hey I'm Billy and I'm gonna give you my name this night!" or "Hey Billy would you like to give us your name?"
Lommy didn't say that (at least, not anywhere I can see). What she did say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Something in this phrasing troubles me a little... I don't like it how much Mac has been thinking about this (or then I don't like the fact that I don't see how Ferny can identify himself to the wolves, but whatever, under no circumstances say it aloud) nor do I like him saying "this end". What the ?? It sounds like he was a wraith and made a silly slip.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #162
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The state of cluelessness.

Could vote:

Sally - chatty, as usual. More actual input, please
Lari - has escaped my attention thus far
Shasta - see Sally
Gollum - could be anything
Nerwen - needs to talk some more before I can decide
Lily - unclear picture, need to have another look at her

Wouldn't like to vote:

Fea - to much fun to have around to vote without reason
Mirandir - newbie-bonus
Lommy - has done nothing to make me suspect her
Legate - probably the most innocent-looking person around
Rikae - I would probably find myself sleeping on the couch if I voted her today
Aganzir - hasn't made a suspicious impression and is too valuable to vote heedlessly
Nogrod - looks innocent, as unlikely as that might seem
Brego - innocent-looking + newbie-bonus
Rune - hasn't played in a while (I think) and does not look suspicious
Menel - I lynched him last game. he needs to talk more, though
Durelin - hasn't played in a while. she needs to talk more, though
Brinn - probably innocent, but not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I couldn't play looking at it from the point of view of "let's see if I can choose my side later".
Come on, Noggie, you got to have a sneaky side, too.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #163
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The above might need additional commentary.
Trying to pass off someone else's point as one's own is somewhat suspicious. More suspicious: trying to pass off one's own point as someone else's.

EDIT: And by "the above" I mean my post. X'd with Mac.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #164
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Ok, I know this whole talk has been said and done but I'm going to give my two cents on the whole Frodo and Ferny thing.

Nominally Frodo is on the good side. In my opinion it would be better for xe to reveal sooner rather than later, so we can lynch xe(am I using that right?). That way we don't end up with this situation: thinking we have one wraith/wolf left and then coming to the next Day with two wolves/wraiths. Also the whole sooner rather than later means that the innocents have numbers on their side. Right now there are three wraiths/wolves. We can out vote them even with Ferny. That's just what I think.

We could also run into this problem: Frodo reveals too late and, assuming the Ranger is still there for protection then xe ends up having to protect Frodo every night as opposed to the other players. Then once the Ranger is gone Frodo is there for the wraiths/wolves taking.

Ferny is not a threat at all. Ferny doesn't know the roles of who xe passes on. For all intents and purposes Ferny is just an annoying player.

Aw Agan, glad to know that I have a reputation right now. It is totally undeserved though.

I have no idea who I'm going to vote for. Right now its back to Grey's. I know, judge me away.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-22-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: x-posted like woah
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Come on, Noggie, you got to have a sneaky side, too.
That's not the question. I think - and hope - I have my "sneaky side" on everytime I play.

But being sneaky is different from being dishonest or being a traitor to the cause you're set up with... You can't start a game with: "let's see if I switch sides and therefore I should play with neither side's good in view in the beginning". Just think of it. When will you decide that "gosh, they never changed me into their side!"? So if you count on that possibility of a change in the beginning and act accordingly not helping the good side you're already on the "dark side" - which you should not be as you're defined as one playing the good side in the beginning!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #166
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

A couple responses to Lari:

I wouldn't want to lynch a revealed Frodo right away (assuming we know when he's turned). Until then he's basically a known innocent, and that makes it harder for the wraiths to hide during the day.

Also, normally rangers can't protect the same person two nights in a row, - so if Frodo's revealed, his survival for more than one night depends on the ranger's ability to bluff (and the wraiths' bad luck) - unless I'm mistaken and this game has a different sort of ranger.

Mac - am I correct in concluding you don't find anyone suspicious, and want to vote for someone you have no idea about?

Nog - glad to see someone agrees with me!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #167
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay. That was quite a headache to get through.

All this talk about Ferny and Frodo and what their motivations are and what they should do... well, certainly, it was going to get talked about on Day One, just to get conversation going... but it seems to me that it's gone on a little too long, and I'd say the odds are pretty good that certain nefarious people are trying to send signals to each other. I know I'm not adding anything new by saying this, but Mac's thing about how Ferny could let the Wraiths know his identity looks just awful (at the moment this is making Lommy and Legate look quite good to me). I'm also wondering about Evil!Frodo trying to clue the Wraiths in on his identity, but I don't know if I should get more specific.

EDIT: X'd since Rikae at #152... and now there's a whole lot more to read. Oww!

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-22-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #168
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
The above might need additional commentary.
Trying to pass off someone else's point as one's own is somewhat suspicious. More suspicious: trying to pass off one's own point as someone else's.
While there are reasons to find Aganzir suspicious, starting with her random vote, I don't think that's one of them. That's what I assumed Lommy meant, too.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #169
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
For what it's worth, I, at least, play the role given to me, idealistic though that may be. Regardless of what side he's on, Frodo is not a werebear, out for himself. Ordos work for the village's benefit, so as long as he is one, that's the side he has to play, even if it makes things more difficult later. Don't you think I might love to assign myself the role of unofficial cobbler (in all the games I've played, I've never once been a cobbler)? Only the moddess can tell us for sure, but it seems to me like Frodo turning "cobbler" before he's been turned into a wraith isn't really playing fair.
Well no, Frodo's not a cobbler. He is on our side...until the wraiths try to kill him. I can't imagine switching sides so suddenly is an easy business, but at the same time a cursed role could be a fun role to play and honestly, I wouldn't blame Frodo if he did want to be turned at some point...it's certainly more fun than say, turning himself in. In any case, Frodo has to be prepared in case he gets turned. I doubt he'd act cobblerish...he wouldn't want to stand out too much because if he gets turned before he gets lynched then he could become an easy lynching target...and once a wraith, he certainly wouldn't want that. While it may be easiest for the village, I think asking the Ringbearer to reveal on Day One only so he can get lynched isn't a very fair request. This WW game is exactly what it is...a game. It's not about winning or losing as much as having fun. A player should be able to get the most they can out of their role...simply giving yourself up may be easy, but it's certainly not as fun for anyone. If I were Frodo, I wouldn't reveal just because a couple people told me to, especially not on Day One. Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #170
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay there finally goes my idea of posting only once or twice on Day1...

But I really thought of trying it after the last game which wasn't the first one where I got lynched basically because I spoke a lot and tried to actually say something and suspect people openly to get conversation going, and not only tried to survive. I was actually thinking of this one as a trial of just "surviving" -game, playing like Kath or Eomer or... But one's nature seems to be stronger than one's reason.

Anyway it's bad when the game only gets interesting at the hour you need to go to sleep.
Stop crying, otherwise we will end up having the same discusion we have had the last 5 times we have played ww together. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Good god, it took me long enough to catch up with this thread...

Do you guys really think the content of my single post was some sort of strategy? I hate to disappoint you, but I have a RL and it's more important than WW. I had already taken a sleeping pill at the time I made my post, and while I would've liked to contribute more, I also didn't want to crash on top my keyboard. I hoped to post this morning but I didn't have time, and I've been in class all day. I've had an exhausting week and while I'd like to, I simply don't have tons of energy for WW right now. I'm sorry if I sound irritable, but I am tired and I have no patience for anyone criticising me due to the lack of substance.

That is quite a strong reaction considering no proper accusations have been raised against you, it seems like an overkill to bitch so much about so little.

To be honest I have no understanding for the RL is more important than WW atitude. If RL was so Important you should not have signed up, I can understand that RL obligations get in the way, but one cannot expect to get special treatment because of it.

Also it is weird that it is us who is the culprits. . .it was not us who chose to take that sleeping pill, if it ment such a difference, then maybe you should not have taken it before writting a post ? (just a thought)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
That's a silly reason to vote for someone. If anything, you shouldn't immediately vote someone you have a grudge against because your opinion on them is slanted. No, it's better to wait and give a real reason to vote for them based on posts and behaviour in the current game, and certainly not from experiences in past games. I'll be seriously disappointed in you if you choose to vote for me for that reason alone

Again quite a strong respons considering that all my reasons to vote for people where silly. . .

Anyways don't you think I was disappointet when I found your teeth imbeded in my throat last game, after I had given you the benifit of the doubt?
I would be lying if I said that I did not long to place a rusty brie smelling knife in your back!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #171
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If there's one thing this game has taught me thus far, it's that I shouldn't play Werewolf when I've already got both school and my D&D campaign to deal with. I can't possibly keep up with all these posts.

Oh well. Nogrod, Aganzir, and Brinniel all seem to be making sense to me thus far and I'm not voting for them.

Macalaure may be stumbling over the fact that he's a wraith and can't twist the villagers' words into anything suspicious, as his last list gives mostly "innocent" and "no clue". Gollum's bantering could be a way to look alert and talkative without actually contributing everything.

I guess I'll go with

++Macalaure

for now.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #172
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
If there's one thing this game has taught me thus far, it's that I shouldn't play Werewolf when I've already got both school and my D&D campaign to deal with. I can't possibly keep up with all these posts.
There is a relatively simple solution to that: Quit D&D

anyways, I have reached the conclution that I will be voting for Brinn, Lommy or Aganzir.

I must admit that just now I feel most like voting for Brinn, but I am going to think about it for the next 10 min before I vote.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #173
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I must admit that just now I feel most like voting for Brinn
If you do, I hope you have a good reason for it.

No, seriously. I don't care if someone votes for me. But if they do it for lousy reasons, it just ticks me off. And I'm probably not the only one who feels this way.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #174
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

This Can Be Used As A Substitute For Onions

Obviously it would be a great reason, that is after all what day 1 is known for. . . Everybody is presenting mindblowingly good cases against each other all the time.

I can promise you that I will not vote for you if I have a much better reason to vote for another, that is all.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #175
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
To be honest I have no understanding for the RL is more important than WW atitude. If RL was so Important you should not have signed up, I can understand that RL obligations get in the way, but one cannot expect to get special treatment because of it.

Also it is weird that it is us who is the culprits. . .it was not us who chose to take that sleeping pill, if it ment such a difference, then maybe you should not have taken it before writting a post ? (just a thought)
I'm not asking for special treatment, but RL should be taken into consideration...for everyone. I don't not post intentionally. When I have something to say, I say it. And I signed up for this game because I do have time to play...but still, don't expect me to lose sleep over it! And does the latter have any relevance to WW? I would've gone to sleep regardless; it was late and I had to get to bed.

Quote:
Anyways don't you think I was disappointet when I found your teeth imbeded in my throat last game, after I had given you the benifit of the doubt?
I would be lying if I said that I did not long to place a rusty brie smelling knife in your back!
You don't have to throw that in my face because I honestly did feel bad about it. But I plead for my life not to manipulate you, but to save myself. I was desperate to stay alive so I could redeem myself and not let down my team. I wasn't just gonna confess because everyone suspected me. What would you have done in that situation?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #176
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Lommy: She has 1 vote already and the last few times she has caused me a lot of grief, simply because I have been unable to read her.

Aganzir: She has 1 vote and her style of play can annoy me and take my focuse of the task at hand, also she seems like the kind of person who enjoys killing people in their sleep.

Brinn: has 1 vote and reacted extremely to rather innocent remarcs, basicly seems very defensive. . . I really do not understand her reaction, it does not seem like a reaction that evil-doers nor innocents would benifit from.
I find it odd.

++Brinniel

Be mad if you like, I care not.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #177
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm...well, I looked over the thread a bit anyway...

People who bother me: Brinniel, Nogrod, Rune, and A Little Green.

Brinniel bothers me the most. She needs to relax. Rune is being ridiculous. He needs to relax, too. Nogrod is being contradictory. He always needs to relax. A Little Green is being sneaky.

Hmm.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #178
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm going to vote now so that I can crash comfortably for the night.

Following Rune for Brinn- I'm terrified of this girl no matter what team she's on. I won't have her slip past me in this game. Sorry, hun.

++Brinniel
Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #179
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Mac - am I correct in concluding you don't find anyone suspicious, and want to vote for someone you have no idea about?
I might have to, but I’ll try to find something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Macalaure may be stumbling over the fact that he's a wraith and can't twist the villagers' words into anything suspicious, as his last list gives mostly "innocent" and "no clue".
Excuse me? I can see how people could regard me as suspicious at this point, but that reasoning is ridiculous...

I have a few question marks to have a look at again now.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #180
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

At the risk of reminding everyone of the infamous Legate-wagon from the last game:
Brinn's worrying me a bit, too. It's not the defensiveness; innocents can be very defensive, sometimes more than wolves (call it righteous indignation, I guess) - it's the fact that she's encouraging Frodo to play in such a way as to make a more useful addition to the wraith team.

Also, the more I consider it, the more possible it looks that Mac is indeed evil. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, consider all possibilities, etc. - I don't really want to see him go toDay in any event. But I don't trust him, either.

I'm still not sure who to vote for.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #181
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Votes so far, I believe:

Greenie -> Gollum
Lommy -> Aganzir
Gollum -> Brinn
Aganzir -> Lari
Legate -> Mac
Shasta -> Lommy
Nog -> Gollum
Menel -> Mac
Rune -> Brinn
Fea-> Brinn

Brinn 3, Gollum 2, Mac 2, Agan 1, Lommy 1, and Lari 1

I should vote soon and go to bed.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-22-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: x-posted with Rikae
Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #182
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay. So apparently I had a very nice nap.

I've read through and noticed a couple things but, as of yet, nothing is hugely popping out at me. That being said....

People who never buy me dinner (They's nasty, precious)
Brinn (after the brilliance of her last wolfdom anything's possible)
Rikae (oh, let's face it, she's just always evil. But I've not played with her in a bit and she's fun to keep around, so for now she may stay)
Noggie (too tricksy for his own good. all the time)
Agan (as I said in the Christmas card I sent her, she's always evil, no matter her role )
Mac (I know he's tricksy, and adaptive, but after last game I'm hesitant to lynch him. however I wouldn't put it past him to make use of that and perhaps try to play the innocent card when he's really hairy and nasty)

Sleepover buddies (people I probably won't kill toDay)
Lari, Mira, Beregond (too new to not feel guilty about killing them toDay, but that state of grace won't necessarily last forever)
Nerwen (probably evil, but I'll let her stay another Day since she hasn't played in a while )
Gollum (to make up for last game, and because I don't think he's a good Day One kill this game. Perhaps later, but I'll let him stay for at least another Day)
Shasta (just does not seem evil to me. I know he's being silly and not terribly useful, but he strikes me heavily as an innocent, and I think I've gotten over my "holy crap my logic is working backwards" slump. hopefully)
Menel (too amusing. I'm not going to lie)

By the way, those aren't in any particular order. I just put them in as they came to me. Going to catch up on the thread again now.

EDIT: x'd, obviously, though I'm not sure how far back. sorry
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #183
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Ugh, I really regret joining this game. This week's been stressful for me and and I didn't expected to be so exhausted, but it's put me in a sour mood today, and I apologise it's affecting my play so much. I'm mostly just mad that Rune seems to suspect me no matter what I say. I'm sorry I irritate him so much, but I probably shouldn't be in the same game as him..
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #184
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm thinking of voting:

Mac –because his stuff about Ferny's role looks unpleasantly like either a hint from Ferny to the Wraiths or one from the Wraiths to Ferny. This is what I thought myself while reading the post, before I saw other people's comments.

Gollum for random voting and way to much empty banter.

Aganzir for random voting and going on about Frodo.

Brinn for defensiveness and for that post where she seems (following Rikae's comment at #180) to be giving instructions to a would-be wraith Frodo.

What is worrying me, though, is that any of these four could be called an easy lynch.. and nobody seems to be trying to save any of them.

I might also add Rikae for acting like a cobbler at times, therefore possibly Ferny– however, she's made that point on Brinn which is quite good, and certainly better than the actual reasons people have voted her.

EDIT: first sentence left out.
EDIT2:X'd since Lari at #181.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #185
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Brinniel bothers me the most. She needs to relax.
I agree. I need a nice warm bath right about now. But this late deadline is keeping me from it...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #186
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So far no one is sticking out as obviously needing to be killed toDay. There's not enough evidence due to lack of posting by some parties and others I just don't know what to make of. However, Lommy's flipflopping has been bothering me for the past few pages and thus has my vote.

++Lommy
Old 01-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #187
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I really don't think Brinniel is a wraith. I think she needs what she says.

Looking at things again I found Lommy to be interesting to me. Her way of going after Aganzir but not really is rather funny. Partly just because it's them.

And I just previewed my post to refresh the thread and I see she has another vote. Hmm.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #188
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Sally didn’t say anything of consequence, but I don’t get a sneaky vibe from her banter. Her post above could come from both innocent or evil fingertips.

Gollum is somewhat creepy and his vote is random. I’m very slightly suspicious, but mostly I’m not sure what to do with him still.

Shasta said nothing of consequence either, except for his vote, which looks as if he just chose the first best person to say something he didn’t like. This is not necessarily suspicious for him, but it’s not helpful either.

What bothers me about Nerwen is that her list of suspects is followed by "each could be an easy lynch". I'm always suspicious at attempts to downplay one's suspicions, though this is a very minor case of it. It's not enough to make me vote her toDay, as she's a very valuable villager, but I'm slightly suspicious.

There’s been nothing but in-characterness, late role talk, and a vote count from Lariren. I hope to see a little more.

Not much to go at concerning Lily. She has said enough to be involved and gave an early vote on a gut feeling (which looks better than admitting to a random vote, but for the rest of us, it’s the same). A wraith with little time could smoothly play this way, but so could an innocent.

PS: *hugs Brinn*
Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #189
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Alright, to business. We have two interesting new fellas in our village, Mister Underhill and Mister Ferny. While Mister Underhill is a pure and innocent hobbit, he might want to get himself killed should it at some time look as if fate stands against us - to secure victory at least for himself. Mister Ferny is a good-for-nothing if there's ever been one. I'm not sure, however, how much his special ability will help him. Since he can only send a name, and no reasoning, his guess at gifteds is actually worse than each wraith's own one. As Aganzir (I think) said, he might use his ability to identify himself to the wraiths. (Ha! I wonder whether he'll be gutsy enough to dare give his own name to this end in Night 2. )
Anyway, especially with this conscious cursed villager around, it's extra important to get a wraith or two early on.

Okay, I've read this too and it seems fishy. Others have said it before, but that doesn't lesson my opinion. My gut feeling is saying Mac's acting suspicious, and in the end that's the best I have to go on. Unfortunately if my gut is wrong, I'll probably have something shoved through it tomorrow.

Sorry Mac, nothing personal, but I think you're evil.

++Mac
Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #190
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

This is why I dislike voting late - the field is narrowed, and any other vote becomes a "throwaway". But let's see:

I have some suspicions toward most of the people who have votes already. However, I already said I don't want to vote Mac or Agan today... Lari hasn't set off any alarms... and I don't want to vote Brinn toDay because:
a) I fear I might suspect her based mostly on philosophical differences
b) doesn't seem like a very nice thing to do right now and
c) I don't trust the Brinn-wagon, particularly Gollum and Fea.

That leaves Gollum, and I don't know what to think of him. He does seem enthusiastic, but I'm not sure that's a particularly good reason to lynch him; however, by process of elimination, I might just end up voting for him.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #191
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

++Lommy because she seems sneakiest to me right now.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #192
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ooops, I realize I didn't mention Lommy. I thought I had.

Anyway, after looking at her she looked slightly better, and I'm not sure what to make of her interaction with Agan, so I'd rather not vote for her, either.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #193
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, I've narrowed it down amongst those who have votes. Here are my thoughts. Pretty much x'd since my last, as my friend just showed up and I've not read the last few posts with any sort of attention span.

Brinn: Could be. Very well could be. But her suspiciousness (if that's even a word) could just be stress since she says she's been having a rough day or two. Perhaps we should give her the benefit for toDay? We'll see.
Gollum: would be a typical first Day lynch, and too easy a way out. He may be evil, but as I said in my previous post I'm not wanting to lynch him toDay
Mac: He seems a bit off to me. I mean I honestly don't see anything HUGE wrong with his posts, but I just have a suspicion about him. Can't lie.
Agan: her vote was a bit strange, and she's been going on and on (at least more than I think necessary) about the Ringbearer role. It's as if she's intentionally trying to take focus off lynching the wraiths.
Lommy: I'm iffy on Lommie. I'll go over her posts again later and see what is supposed to be so suspicious about her, but for now I don't want to lynch her.
Lari: I'm really not buying into this. She's not said a lot, and none of it seems suspicious. Besides, Agan even said her vote was super random so I'm hoping people don't go along with it.

Again, pretty much x'd since, well I suppose not my last, but Brinn's post right after it pretty much
Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #194
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Greenie -> Gollum
Lommy -> Aganzir
Gollum -> Brinn
Aganzir -> Lari
Legate -> Mac
Shasta -> Lommy
Nog -> Gollum
Menel -> Mac
Rune -> Brinn
Fea-> Brinn
Mirandir- > Lommy
Beregond- > Mac
Durelin- > Lommy

Brinn 3, Lommy 3, Mac 3, Gollum 2, Agan 1, and Lari 1
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #195
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok so here's a few of my lists:

People I know I'm not voting for:
Mirandir: New, gets the same treatment I got...which means by Day 3 if you're still around I will totally suspect you as fair game.
Beregond: See above.
Shasta: I want to wait and see what he thinks of our zodiac signs.
Nog: Because I want to see him play
Menel: See above.
Mac: Because he is entertaining.

People who I might consider:
Agan: Well, she will never trust me again might as well feed the fires
Fea: Who doesn't like a good Fea vote on Day 1?
Durelin: Though I know it's her character, for some reason the whole fact that its point to a ranger makes me think that, if Kit were a little tricky, making her a wraith/wolf would be interesting.
Lommy: For reasons stated before.

People I have no idea about:
Sally: Well, I am watching her, but nothing has happened yet.
Legate
Greenie
Rune
Rikae

Gollum: Part of me thinks the participation there is from my reasons for wanting Gollum gone in the last game.

I really hope that's everyone.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-22-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: x-posted since 187
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #196
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Mac

Sorry, sweetie, but I'd rather see you go than the two ladies.

I think Brinn should at least be given another Day and Lommie doesn't seem that suspicious to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #197
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
it's the fact that she's encouraging Frodo to play in such a way as to make a more useful addition to the wraith team.
I wouldn't encourage Frodo to do anything...it's totally up to him on how he wants to play. If he wants to reveal, go ahead. And if he wants to be turned, let's hope we lynch him first. But there's no harm in me saying what I'd personally do if I were in that role...or is there?

I am disappointed to see that no one seems to really want to play for the fun of it anymore and would rather take the easier route if it means winning. Is that how you guys really feel? Just because something is easier for the village doesn't necessarily mean it's the better thing to do. Because if it were always easy, WW would get boring fast. One thing I love about WW are the twist and curves that get thrown at us. I like to be challenged.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #198
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, there goes my trying for not a double lynch with a different vote. Mac now has 4.

So in the keeping of preventing a double lynch:

++Durelin

By the way, do we have double lynches?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #199
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I guess Legate was right about starting a bandwaggon. I don't see his vote suspicious at all, but the reasons of Menel (Mac doesn't have any suspects), Beregond (simply quoting what everybody has been calling suspicious all day), and Sally (he's off) are just bad.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #200
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Well, there goes my trying for not a double lynch with a different vote. Mac now has 4.

So in the keeping of preventing a double lynch:

++Durelin

By the way, do we have double lynches?

Nope, no doubles that I'm aware of.

Well, that vote came out of nowhere. *blinks*