The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #1921
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Stuck we seem to be. What's happening?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1922
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I sent my pic before the Midsummer's eve and after me there should have been (be) only Kit and Sally.

So we shouldn't be that far.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #1923
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I sent it onwards to sally upon Agan's request.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #1924
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Whoops sorry here's a busy mod who has forgotten to update the list. Sally has had it for a week but she's promised to send it soon, so we're nearly done.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #1925
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yay!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #1926
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So it begins

Quote:
Aurë entuluva!
In a hole in the ground there lived a Hookbill.

Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy TGEW, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat;
Quote:
Afraid of the night, Huor agonizes that it will never be light again, while Hurin assures him that it is only temporary.
It was a hobbit-hole, and that means Galadriel55.

It had a perfectly round door like a Lommy, painted green,
Quote:
When the darkness falls, Húrin comforts his brother Huor.
With a shiny yellow brass Oddwen in the exact middle.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #1927
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a MCRmyGirl4eva:
Quote:
Just as Kili and Fili believe that they've escaped the goblins and the Great Goblin, Fili is trapped by a falling ACME safe.
A very comfortable tunnel without Legate,

With panelled walls, and Blind Guardian tiled and carpeted,
Quote:
Two blue robbers broken into Gollum's extended family's cave and were surprised when a Acme-block fell out of the sky and crushed one of them.
Provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and Greenie
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #1928
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The hobbit was fond of Rune.
Quote:
To their own surprise, the Barrow-wights were in possession of a smashing security system.
The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the Nogrod

The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called Kitanna
Quote:
A few barrow wights enjoy game night with their favorite board game, the Comfy Balrog!
and many a little round sally opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.

Thank you everyone!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #1929
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Truly amazing!! I am in awe!!
Agan, that has to be the best commentary, by the way.

Nogrod's Barrow Wights are very spooky! Even if they look like melted wax...

MCRmyGirl4eva's introduction of the ACME safe was a stroke of genius!

And Greenie's picture! A work of art beyond that of everything in every museum! Truly remarkable!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1930
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I can't believe how we all seemed to run around aure entuluva for a while. I even fancied the idea of a not broken telephone, but then it changed. Nice round! I have to say that Legate's, Nog's, and sally's are my favourites. Truly awesome!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #1931
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Aurë entuluva lasted surprisingly long *kudos* but then even comfy earplugs started turning into a a board game named "Comfy Balrog"! Cool Kit!

Húrin's and Huor's expressions in Oddwen's picture are quite priceless, and MCRmyGirl4eva's and Rune's sentences made me grin even wider.

Greenie's pic is just hilarious - and while Sally's was a picture (and a funny one), it was actually the text in it that made me laugh.

Nice, even if a short round. Thanks for everyone - and especially to Aganzir for doing the work.

The doubles take more time time, but I'm still in favour of them...
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #1932
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Aurë entuluva lasted surprisingly long *kudos* but then even comfy earplugs started turning into a a board game named "Comfy Balrog"! Cool Kit!
Indeed! For the former, I guess that Tolkien minds think alike (and I thought I was so very clever to use a book phrase in my pic... ), and for the latter - that was quite the twist!

I believe I forgot to mention, but I recently fell in love with Oddwen's darkness.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #1933
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I figured out it might be better to have a long and boring opening sentence that would give the first drawer lots of options. The prevalence of Aurë entuluva was funny though.

I'd like to play on the next round, but I can't mod because I expect to get online rather sporadically for the rest of the summer.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #1934
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
I want to play too. I always enjoy seeing how it comes out, and we had a wonderful round this time: Short and sweet, but still funny!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #1935
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

Very funny sentences and pictures all, but I must say Hookbill's was one of the absolutely funniest things I have seen in a while
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #1936
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Maybe it's time to put me in by default.

(Yes, that means I'm in the next game.)
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #1937
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I looked over all these pictures with my roommate hovering nearby. I'm not sure if she was impressed or horrified. I find it all pretty hilarious, especially the introduction of the ACME safe, and would like to join the next round.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #1938
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Count me in for next time, too!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #1939
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So, who's modding?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #1940
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I am totally down for some more Paper Telephone.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #1941
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
How hard it is to mod?
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #1942
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I guess I can mod, if someone teaches me how to open pics on Photobucket so that you can actually post them as pictures and not as links...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #1943
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

It lets you copy the link from several locations, and you have to choose the one that says something about copying image url or direct link. You can also copy image url by right clicking the picture. I hope this helps even though I'm too lazy to check how exactly it's done.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1944
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
It lets you copy the link from several locations, and you have to choose the one that says something about copying image url or direct link. You can also copy image url by right clicking the picture. I hope this helps even though I'm too lazy to check how exactly it's done.
Ah! It works! It actually works!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm ready to mod.

PLAYING
Aganaganus
R(oyal)C(onservatory of)M(usic)
KitKat
Captain Hook
GilGal
BeiGei (I take it you're playing?)
Amon-Lanc, Legate of
?Thin Lommy
Greeniegreens
Noggienogs
Oddwodds

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-08-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Adding people's names, as well as messing around... :D
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #1945
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Consider me in as well. And probably Lommy too, I don't have personal confirmation from her, but I am pretty sure once I mention it to her, she'll be up for it as well...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #1946
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Consider me in as well. And probably Lommy too, I don't have personal confirmation from her, but I am pretty sure once I mention it to her, she'll be up for it as well...
You are considered to be in.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #1947
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'm in too!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1948
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And I!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1949
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ye are included even as ye speak! Well, post.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #1950
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Myself as well please!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #1951
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

The last few games were quick singles, and there was a call for doubles, so I guess this one will be a doubles. Please tell me if you don't like your spot so that I can switch you.

Also, please do not take more than 3 days for your turn, so that we can hope to finish before New Years.

PLAYING
Aganaganus - draw
Greens - write
KitKat - draw
Oddwodds- write
Nogienogs- draw
Amon-Lanc, Legate of - write
Captain Hook - draw
GilGal - write
Thin Lommy - draw
R(oyal)C(onservatory of)M(usic)- write
BG- draw

Aganaganus - write
Greens - draw
KitKat - write
Oddwodds- draw
Noggienogs- write
Amon-Lanc, Legate of - draw
Captain Hook - write
GilGal - draw
Thin Lommy - write
R(oyal)C(onservatory of)M(usic)- draw
BG- write

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #1952
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm drawing Round 1? Everyone better watch out for my mad MS paint skills.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #1953
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Forgot to mention - we'll start before the weekend, so be ready!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #1954
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

MCR, please check your PM box for your picture.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #1955
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Can anybody contact MCR via the Great Book of Faces or something? If she doesn't reply by Thursday, I'm giving Greenie her place.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #1956
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If she's on facebook, she isn't in the Barrow-Downs group, or her username isn't listed.

User CP -> Edit Options -> Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages -> Save Changes
Old 08-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #1957
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Moved the list around a bit.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #1958
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

How are we doing? Do you need help facebook-poking?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #1959
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
We're moving on after a long stall that I blame on the weather. I must assure you that school and school-related mess has nothing to do with it. Thanks for the offer, though!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #1960
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
On a second thought... can you poke Lommy for me please?